The Issue of Gaming Entitlement

Sentacotus

EDIT:

There's also nothing wrong with disliking anything either its just that there are better and more effective ways of doing it.

Sometimes people just dislike things. It's not necessarily a goal oriented feeling, and IMO it's kind of silly to say someone should find a more effective way of disliking something.

Yeah, there are some people who are going way over the top. I saw one YouTube comment about Xenoblade X which was like "Oh my God, Nintendo are losing touch with their audience. They are going to lose fans now!" I mean, I understand that Xenoblade X may not be for some, but saying that Nintedo are losing their touch? That's slightly OTT.

Yeah, Gaming entitlement is annoying. :(

I noticed this also shows how blindly some people will just follow fanbases as well.

Back to Metroid Prime: Federation Force, multiple popular users on Youtube are either having a strong opinion on the game, or in EWNetwork's, changing his opinion for no reason whatsoever during the SE Conference, suddenly decided "Hey, Metroid Prime: Federation Force is literaly shit even though I was excited for it during the Nintendo E3 Digital Event. EVERYONE SHOULD GO DISLIKE THAT VIDEO BECAUSE IT'S SHIT." A lot of dislikes are now people just blindly following somebody's orders as well. It's outright sickening.

I'm a fan of EWNetwork and all, but what he did there was sad.

I have a problem with entitlement, full stop. The companies aren't here to make a game just for YOU - they make games for their bottom line. Thus, whining about features (or lack thereof) gets on my nerves. Likewise, hating on something because it's not what you expected/like is just as grating. I don't go on the SNES/NES boards here to complain about FE4!

That's pretty much the point I was trying to make. People need to stop feeling like they are owed things from the company. As if somehow they have contributed oh so much to the gaming community and they are holyier than thou by so much that they are owed the gaming equivalent of fillet mingion five times over within a month.

Sometimes people just dislike things. It's not necessarily a goal oriented feeling, and IMO it's kind of silly to say someone should find a more effective way of disliking something.

That's fine. What I meant by finding a more effective way of disliking something is by not buying products you either don't support or dislike (because that's what actually changes things) instead of going onto youtube and flat out calling others subhuman cancers for liking a different videogame product (believe it or not this actually happens just refer to my earlier posts and its fucking sickening). I guess you can replace the word effective with healthy either way point is the way people conduct themselves over simply disliking games or disagreeing with companies or the people who support them is unacceptable.

If you dislike something. Great. If you want to voice your grievances in a civil manner. Cool you're within your right to do that. If you really hate the product and want a company to change. Awesome don't buy it and MOVE ON. No need to go attack others, call them lower than dirt, or worse threaten them.

Edited by LordTaco42