With apparently more restricted pairings this time around...

Have a seat and let me tell you a little story about Fire Emblem...

I know about previous instances if incest in FE *cough*FE4*cough*, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with them in the game.

I don't care what anyone says, but to me, incest =/= wincest.

We haven't had sibling incest since FE4 haven't we? And no, Eirika and Ephraim do not count.

Are there people that think they do? I mean, I guess if they want to see it that way...

And not exactly siblings, but don't forget Lucina and Owain's "companionship"

Are there people that think they do? I mean, I guess if they want to see it that way...

Yeah Awakening is a bit iffy on the cousin/nephew/niece stuff.

I wonder why the full status screen seems to offer no spaces for the relationships. It's almost like they only expect casual players to care...?

...You may be on to something.

Yeah Awakening is a bit iffy on the cousin/nephew/niece stuff.

*Reminder that first cousins weren't off limits during the Middle Ages IRL*

Depends on where you were. In Scandanavia and some parts of now-Germany, it was banned. Interestingly, it wasn't because of genetics (indeed, how could it? They had no idea such things existed) or "squicky-ness", but instead it was based on a huge effort to get away from the "clan mentality" and force people to interact with other families on positive and happy terms.

I honestly wouldn't care if you were able to have your avatar marry his or her blood siblings. It's just a game in the end, and it hurts no one. I'm just upset that because Sakura is a blood sibling to Corrin that probably means I can't have Corrin S-Rank her. It's just not fair. Why must the most adorable character have to be a blood sibling?

My sorrow aside, where was it ever said that there would be restricted pairings this time around? I'm really curious. I don't recall hearing about this piece of news. Though, with how much we got this week, I suppose it's not surprising to have missed something.

Bigger reminder, first cousins aren't off limits now. Only a few states and even fewer countries have made it illegal.

We haven't had sibling incest since FE4 haven't we? And no, Eirika and Ephraim do not count.

Doesn't Sothe reference Micaiah as someone who's basically a parent for him in Path of Radiance? And yet they're each others' only pairing in Radiant Dawn. I guess it's not the same as actually adoptive siblings though.

Can someone point me to where this rumor started? I have yet to see any source material backing it up.

I would be interested in restricted over free form, however.

I'm also interested in how this started, since I'd assume if the restricted thing was even mentioned, they'd only be referring to not being able to marry the Hoshido/Nohr exclusive characters to each other and the obvious Nohr/Hoshido blood siblings can't marry each other, lol.

Well, I can't stop people marrying whom, but I can say someone making their MU marrying a loli child from the future when you're from the present in multiple ways is weird. But everyone has different morals. They probably wouldn't do it in real life, so I think we can at least let it slide in a fantasy. (Was I off topic?)

Well, I can't stop people marrying whom, but I can say someone making their MU marrying a loli child from the future when you're from the present in multiple ways is weird. But everyone has different morals. They probably wouldn't do it in real life, so I think we can at least let it slide in a fantasy. (Was I off topic?)

I will hit on my best friend's daughter from the future if she is as much of a beauty like Lucina. Straight up no problem for me as long as she is around my age not this world's version of her age.

Edited by Awakener_

Can someone point me to where this rumor started? I have yet to see any source material backing it up.

I would be interested in restricted over free form, however.

I'm also interested in how this started, since I'd assume if the restricted thing was even mentioned, they'd only be referring to not being able to marry the Hoshido/Nohr exclusive characters to each other and the obvious Nohr/Hoshido blood siblings can't marry each other, lol.

I assume this came from the initial Nintendo Dream leak. More specifically, the part part that says "組み合わせはある程度限られているが". But how much that "ある程度" will turn out to be is anyone's guess, really...