Aqua and the Lake

Iron Griffin

No this isn't a bad piece of fanfiction but I had a thought.

Several times we see her near this rather mystical lake even walking neck deep into it. Also there is the scene in which she is kneeling before it clutching her arm with that strange corruption or darkness spreading across it. My thought is that the lake has a healing property that helps Aqua recover as well as suppress whatever is trying to leak out. Perhaps she has an affinity with water that allows her to heal regardless of the water source?

Maybe it sounds to obvious considering her name and all but that's my theory.

Your title sounds like a children's storybook

But yeah, I had the exact same thought as you. Water is usually synonymous with both spiritual and corporal healing in a lot of cultures, fictional or otherwise. I don't think the lake itself is special though.

Edited by Thane

Your title sounds like a children's storybook

But yeah, I had the exact same thought as you. Water is usually synonymous with both spiritual and corporal healing in a lot of cultures, fictional or otherwise. I don't think the lake itself is special though.

A certain 90's cartoon came to mind. Aqua and the laaake, Aqua and the lake, one is a hero, the other one's a laaake

That scene in one of the trailers of Azura swimming towards a portal underwater actually takes place in the lake. The lake holds a portal to another world under it, and that's what the war is really over, Garon wants access to that other world for evil reasons.

Or maybe she just likes the view, I dunno.

So many jokes possible. :p

Eh, maybe she was trying to kill herself, Maybe the water is magic. Or she's just there because the lake is pretty and/or she like it.

Many things are possible.

You make a compelling argument. I think the healing properties would make the most sense, since in some treehouse footage we see Kamui onlocking some 'healing spaces' with his dragon's vein. This seems to imply that healing spaces are a thing in this world, so for a lake to be able to heal her affliction or keep it at bay makes sense.

The portal argument also makes some amount of sense, but I kind of hope that isn't it. We had time travel last time, I'd like to avoid alternate universe as much as we can this time >_<

The portal argument also makes some amount of sense, but I kind of hope that isn't it. We had time travel last time, I'd like to avoid alternate universe as much as we can this time >_<

Well I was mostly kidding about the portal being under her lake, but 'other worlds' are essentially confirmed to at least exist thanks to Garon's statement regarding Kamui's sword after he gives it to him, something along the lines of it being 'infused with power from another world', although it's not clear how important that'll be the overall plot. And of course, the scene I mentioned in my last post about Azura swimming towards a portal underwater did happen.

Edited by capmalachi

Well I was mostly kidding about the portal being under her lake, but 'other worlds' are essentially confirmed to at least exist thanks to Garon's statement regarding Kamui's sword after he gives it to him, something along the lines of it being 'infused with power from another world', although it's not clear how important that'll be the overall plot. And of course, the scene I mentioned in my last post about Azura swimming towards a portal underwater did happen.

True. I'm just... I think the right word is apprehensive, about alternate world playing a big part. To be fair, Fire Emblem has always had a bit of other world stuff like the Dragon world in Fire emblem 7 and the like, but I meant in the sense where I hope we aren't traveling to that alternate world to defeat the real evil or something. Because Awakening's final Boss essentially came to be only because

Lucina and her friends traveled back in time. If Grima hadn't followed them there would be no final boss and Grima may or may not have been revived (Remembering that Robin only lost his/her memory due to Grima trying to take him over too early after traveling back in time). He kind of did himself in which in hindsight is kind of... stupid for a supposed evil god dragon in opposition to Naga. Though with time travel shenanigans are bound to happen.

That's all I meant. I think. I'm not so sure myself. >_<

That scene in one of the trailers of Azura swimming towards a portal underwater actually takes place in the lake. The lake holds a portal to another world under it, and that's what the war is really over, Garon wants access to that other world for evil reasons.

Or maybe she just likes the view, I dunno.

Despite the fact that you were partially kidding, it did look somewhat like a portal of some kind. Which is probably where the kids factor into the story, if at all, considering what one of them said about traveling with their father to fight in another world.

A certain 90's cartoon came to mind. Aqua and the laaake, Aqua and the lake, one is a hero, the other one's a laaake

Sir, that's genius. You simply must make a show based on that.

I dunno. She looks like she's about to drown herself, which would be weird. Then again, those weird portals looked like they were underwater so I dunno.

Azura is obviously the Lady of the Lake who presents Harold Arthur with Excalibur... psh.

No but seriously, that lake is super interesting. Ever since we first saw it, it reminded me of the ending of the very first trailer where Corrin is drowning(?) Azura in his dragon form.

As far as committing suicide goes, idk. Seems a bit dark. I mean its happened before in FE games but still. (Emmeryn, I'm looking at you...)

There is also that one scene in the first direct that shows dragon Kamui strangling Aqua underwater. Could be related.

That said underwater scene could also be similar to the recently-released scene of Kamui strangling Aqua near the lake on land.