Names for your Character

Bman

So, have you guys already thought about how you will name your Avatars? Right now, I prefer a japanese name for Kamui/Corrin. So I will probably name my character something like Sengoku or Tenma the first time around (even though it doesn't make sense to call someone pegasus when he can transform into a dragon :D).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually with these kinds of games where there's customization involved, I design the character first to my liking and then pick an appropriate name (fingers crossed to more customization options this time around). In any case though, I like the idea of a more Eastern name when siding with Hoshido and a more Western one when siding with Nohr.

Well, for my playthroughs of both Nohr and Hoshido I will play with the deaults and call them Corrin(Since I think it makes more sense then Kamui since you were raised in the West so I doubt you would have your Hoshidan name.Also male for Hoshido and female for Nohr.(Cause boxart)

For the third path(which I will likely play twice cause I sense many choices)I will play with a custom Avatar that represents me.First playthrough male and second female.

I'm playing Male Avatar first going Hoshido, and I'm gonna name him Brutus just because I'm firmly aligned with Nohr so it's gonna feel like betrayal all the way through.

Then I'll go with Female Avatar on Nohr and either name her Madora or Elena (one being the name of an OC I already had, the other being a name I used as a substitute for Kamui to get people who weren't into fire emblem to objectively critique my fanfiction l m a o)

of course this is all sort of a lie.... I'll be working with someone to translate the Nohr paths in the Japanese version but I assume we're just gonna stick with Kamui

Edited by Meltlilith

I'm gonna play as a female on both routes first, I'm gonna make my Hoshido avatar look like me as much as possible and give her my name. My Nohr avatar will look like my character Kirea and have her name. I'll play as a guy too but I don't know what to make him look like or what name to give him. I have no idea about the 3rd route.

I wanted to use Kyan for the male and Shayla/Shaphyre for the female, as I usually do in games... but you made me think that they should be more japanese inspired names to make sense due to the the story so... f*ck xD

Well, sadly I have more than half a year to think about them.

At the time, I was thinking of having a guy named Kirito (because SAO and Kamui Kirito for Psycho Pass 2), and a girl named Utena for Nohr (because I'm gonna cause a revolution.)

I may still makes a female character named Tamanoir at some point, and a character named Tenda (gender undefined now).

Dual, cause he's the best OC ever. And if last name's are included, then Dual Mix.

I might consider my actual name as well, but Dual Mix will be first.

Honestly, after Robin got a more or less canon appearance and name in Super Smash Bros. I just couldn't change his name or looks other than his hair color. That's fine by me though, since I was okay with his default look.

I like the name Kamui, and I'll keep it in the Japanese version as well as the English one if Corrin does turn out to be the default name. However, since I think his design is a complete mess, I'll at least change his hairdo.

I'm probably not going to name it after myself since Kamui already have a (crappy) personality, gonna change his hair, his face, and I'll give him a japanese name, for the sake of consistency.

I thought about naming him/her after a pokemon, you have a lot of potential ! Too bad the legendaries are not japanese-sounding. I'll settle for Hitokage for now, just for the hell of it. :p

Edited by B.Leu

I was just going to use my name for my avatar. And then I'll choose the same hair color as my siblings depending on the route I take.

And for male, I'm probably going to choose the name Tommy.

Edited by Carter

I'm probably not going to name it after myself since Kamui already have a (crappy) personality, gonna change his hair, his face, and I'll give him a japanese name, for the sake of consistency.

I thought about naming him/her after a pokemon, you have a lot of potential ! Too bad the legendaries are not japanese-sounding. I'll settle for Hitokage for now, just for the hell of it. :p

Human shadow?

Bleh, fire lizard

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Human shadow?

Bleh, fire lizard

Or Salamander, fire lizard is not cool enough. :p

Doesn't fit Kamui that much though.

Edited by B.Leu

There are some who call me.... Tim.

I'll probably try and come up with some Japanese names closer to release date. I'm sure at least one of them will simply be called Kamui though. Never going to use Corrin though. Just no.