Names for your Character

Bman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Likely gonna go with Errant or some version based off it that could work for either Hoshido or Nohr. Like... Erran, or Aran or something.

But I may go another direction for a playthru as I saw some Japanese names that could pass for gender neutral fantasy/European type names.

Here's my list of neutralish names.

-Rei

-Anri

-Yuri

-Tori

-Ren

I personally found the name Kamui odd from the start,I don't know if Corrin is any better but it seems less notably different compared to the sibling names in Nohr.

Leo/Leon

"Kamui... So he's actually from Hoshido... I can't fathom how I never noticed his Hoshidan name..."

Whereas Corrin is not especially Japanese... But a little more believable as a name from Hoshido that doesn't seem odd in Nohr?

...eh, whatever. I rarely use the defaults anyways.

Across all the games that I play with character customization, I always pick Echo or Elysia for girls, and Torvus or Dauer for guys. The first three of those names take their inspiration from the Metroid Prime series, while Dauer means time.

For the new game, I'll likely play Echo as my first character, as I usually do. Not sure if i'll just reuse her for all the routes yet, or not. I REALLY need to see the character creator in its entirety before making any final decisions.

Edited by The Last Taguel

I want to name Kamui with a Western name before but when it was known they are from the Hoshido side, I have decided to name them with Japanese name instead.

I haven't decided yet but I'll probably decide one or two months before the NA release. C: Sor far, I like Chiharu,Chiyo and Izumi for female names while Chiaki or Minoru for male.

I intend to name the male or female avatar based on the route I take. So when I get the game, I think I'll name them like this:

For Hoshio:

Male Avatar-Netsu

Female Avatar-Yuki

For Nohr:

Male Avatar- Sulfur, Oliver or Collen

Female Avatar-Sapphira, Nancy, or Corrin (the default)

For the neutral route:

Male Avatar- Castellio or Kaden

Female Avatar- Koishi or Nirvana

I'm still torn in between names for the neutral and Nohr paths, but I guess I'll probably make up my mind once I see some gameplay in a few days.

(Also bonus points if you can find out where I get these names from)

Crackin

Any game that I can name my character will usually have this, even second or third files. I don't care about making something unique, I just want something recognisable.

I'm gonna give my first Male Hoshido run the name Shirou, and give him short orange hair, because his naivete reminds me of Shirou Emiya.

All my other male runs, on any path, and all my female runs, on any path, shall be given the name Kamui, and I shall not change their appearance.

I'm a very boring person I know.

I'm sticking with Japanese names for him/her though not because I don't like the name Corrin, but because Hoshido is basically Japan, and apparently Kaze recognizes your name, which, unless your name is Hoshidan, wouldn't make sense.

Huh, now that I think about it, I could give him the pseudo-official name of SMT's main characters.
Kazuya, Naoya, Naoki, Hibiki, Seta, Souji, Minato, Arisato, Makoto, Yuuki...

Obviously, not Aleph or Flynn. :p

Edited by B.Leu

It depends on the customization options for me. If I can make a really light shade of pink-haired character I will likely name them Haru regardless of gender or if not I will probably name Male Kamui Ryuu and Female Kamui Mizuki, since Japanese names make sense for Kamui.

Default male named Kamui. Default look is fine, don't really care about customization.

Strength focus I guess, sucks at resisting stuff probably.

But that whole stat focus thing usually makes me go full on OCD Min/maxer eugenics-loving (now with kids) madman. So I don't really know about those stats still.

I spend way too much time agonizing over names in games where you can customize your character, so I'll likely just use the default name. Although I'm thinking of naming one Kamui on Nohr, which I plan to play second, just because I like that name since it reminds of me of Kill la Kill. That would also be the route I'm most likely to really get creative with his looks.

For male i'm going to go with kamui and the only thing i'm likely going to change is the hair color to black.

If I do a female run i'll be creative and change everything but the name probably.

I'm going to be female for both paths and I think I'm going to use my real name. I'm still unsure at this point, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards that.

Other names I have in mind are:

Verity

Celeste

Naroli (not very sure about this one since it sounds too much like the Italian dessert)

Rosalind

They're all kind of "eh" names now that I think about it.

For my Female Avatar on Hoshido, I will name her Divinity. For a Female on Nohr, she will be named Malice. For a Male Avatar on Hoshido...I think I may name him Endyvyl. For a Male in Nohr....Ciel or Skyvinity.

Edited by ~Inigo~

My first run will be an fabulous-looking blonde named Reinhard. It will really fit with the "inside revolution" thing from Nohr, even more with Marx and Leon by my side =D

After that I plan to have a Haruka F!Kamui on Hoshido and eventually one Kagemaru Male Ninja somewhere. It would be awesome if i could rename captured units, cause it would make the ultimate self-insert for me.

This will sound weird, but I usually name avatars after things in my room or just random words. My MUs in New Mystery and Awakening were called Soda, Tomorrow, Tissue and Nice...yeah, I'll probably let my S.O name our children.

I might be creative this time, though! I'll most likely call my F!Kamui either Shiori or Fiora. M!Kamui might be called Yuichi or Nico (just a shortened version of my name). Or, I might forget all of those names and name them something like Doorknob in the heat of the moment...

I usually make up cool sounding names which kinda just pop into my head, and kinda fit the theme of a game I'm playing. So on my first Hoshido play through, I'm choosing a Female Avatar and naming her Akirra, and on my first Nohr run I'm using a Male Avatar called Milan. Will definitely need to come up with more Avatar names if I want to play this game as much as I am thinking at the moment! Have plenty of time though.

Flare for my male avatar, because he's the single greatest male OC to ever walk any realm.

Furea for me female avatar, because she's the single greatest female OC to ever walk any realm. (also because Furea means Flare in Japanese)

FlarexFurea