Guide to SMTXFE Voice Actors

Since we have a thread for this in the FE Fates section, it seemed appropriate that we have one for this game as well.

Human Characters:

Japanese VAs

Aoi Itsuki voiced by Ryouhei Kimura

Other credits:

Hirotaka Wakamatsu from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Yugo Hachiken from Silver Spoon

Ryouta Kise from Kuroko no Basuke

Oribe Tsubasa voiced by Inori Minase

Other credits:

Edelritt from Aldnoah.Zero

Hestia from DanMachi

Akagi Toma voiced by Yuki Ono

Other credits:

Hori-senpai from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Shinichiro Inada from Silver Spoon

Taiga Kagami from Kuroko no Basuke

Kiria Kurono voiced by Yoshino Nanjo

Other credits:

Eri Ayase from Love Live!

Maria Oosawa from Canaan

Aiko Kudou from Baka and Test

Eleonora Yumiziru voiced by Ayane Sakura

Other credits:

Arisa Ayase from Love Live!

Haru Onodera from Nisekoi

Various Ship Girls from KanColle

Maiko Shimazake voiced by Ami Koshimizu

Other credits:

Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill

Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon Crystal

Kallen Stadtfeld from Code Geass

Tiki voiced by Sumire Morohoshi

Other credits:

Nina Tucker from FMA Brotherhood

Hinami Fueguchi from Tokyo Ghoul

Mamori Minamoto voiced by Kaori Fukuhara

Other credits:

Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky Star

Nanoka Aizawa from Wake Up Girls! (another idol it seems)

Kuzuha Togashi from Chuunibyou

Barry Goodman voiced by Yuichi Nakamura

Other credits:

Cid in Final Fantasy XIII

Ryoma in FE Fates

Tomoya from Clannad

Yoshiro Tsurugi voiced by Yoshima Hosoya

Other Credits:

Sousuke from Free!

Asahi from Haikyuu!

Junpei from Kuroko no Basuke

Reiner Braun from Attack on Titan

Not!Personas I mean Mirages

Japanese VAs

Aoi Itsuki's Chrom voiced by Tomokazu Sugita (same as Awakening)

Other roles:

Joseph Joestar from the 2012 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime

Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Gintoki from Gintama

Tsubasa Oribe's Caeda/Sheeda voiced by Saori Hayami

Other roles:

Sachi from SAO

Leia from Tales of Xillia

Toma Akagi's Cain voiced by Toshiki Masuda

Other roles:

Doug from Rune Factory 4

He doesn't have that many roles and even less that people would recognize

Kiria Kurono's Tharja voiced by Kana Akutsu

Other Roles:

Cherche in Fire Emblem Awakening

Shara in Fire Emblem Fates

Chizuru from Mawaru Penguindrum

Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl

Eleanora Yumiziru's Virion voiced by Hiromichi Kogami

Other Roles:

Minor roles in Cowboy Bebop and Kill la Kill

Virion is the only prominent role he's done

Mamori Minamoto's Draug voiced by Ryota Takeuchi

Other Roles:

Barouhcruz from Aldnoah.zero

Ringabel from Bravely Default

Yoshiro Tsurugi's Navarre voiced by Takehito Koyasu

Navarre in the Fire Emblem OVA

Lon'qu and Validar in Fire Emblem Awakening

Zero in Fire Emblem Fates

Dio Brando in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Shinsuke from Gintama

Touga from Revolutionary Girl Utena

Edited by The Geek

Man will it be a challenge to localize this or what? While we are on the subject do you think they will just keep the Japanese voice overs and just translate the English text? Based on the treehouse event it was hard enough for them to find VA that could both voice the characters and sing as well. Imagine not only translating the lyrics and language but doing the same thing in English.

Man will it be a challenge to localize this or what? While we are on the subject do you think they will just keep the Japanese voice overs and just translate the English text? Based on the treehouse event it was hard enough for them to find VA that could both voice the characters and sing as well. Imagine not only translating the lyrics and language but doing the same thing in English.

Most dubs of ATLUS games are pretty good, and I feel that Laura Bailey (who did both Rise from P4 and Lucina in FEA) did a pretty good job dubbing some of Rise's singing in P4G. Wendee Lee and Cristina Vee are also excellent voice actresses who can sing as well.

I still don't envy the task of having to localize it. Do you think they will keep the original Japanese main theme/songs (the one from the second trailer) or will they have them translated into English? That in itself could be difficult just because of the general feel of the music on the gameplay since its apparently an important element to the game. I know next to nothing about the Japanese language but I'm willing to put money on alot of the lyrics not being able to be directly translated into English leading to words having to be reordered or even parts of the song rewritten for it to make sense which could also cause problems in the original rhythem and beat of the song. As much as I prefer English dubs for a number of reasons this might actually be a title that I could understand/prefer the Japanese voice over but with English text so I know whats going on.

Edited by LordTaco42

Unless they think they can do it well, I think the localizing team will leave musical parts alone. Unless the song has particular significance or is simple then they might dub it.

I'd be 250% okay with playing the game subtitled...

It actually kind of irks me when voice clips get translated from japanese to english and the dub absolutely destroys the original's intentions. *glares at NOA's Nah...*

Most dubs of ATLUS games are pretty good, and I feel that Laura Bailey (who did both Rise from P4 and Lucina in FEA) did a pretty good job dubbing some of Rise's singing in P4G. Wendee Lee and Cristina Vee are also excellent voice actresses who can sing as well.

Yeah in fact, Rise's voice in Japanese is horrible, and Laura Bailey was a huge improvement.

Altus is usually awesome with English dubs, though I wasn't too hot on the SMT IV VA.

Best Fire Emblem Girl and Best Tokyo Ghoul Girl sharing a voice actor? Definitely want to check this game out now. Oh and it is Fueguchi not Yueguchi.

Fixed.

I also like how the one idol that has actual experience is being voiced by the actress who has experience playing idol characters.

Whoa, it seems like there are a lot of big name voice actors here, well, at least I think. I don't know any of these people but I've heard of some those anime and that's saying something considering I'm such a casual anime watcher.

Every male character is voiced by a Kuroko VA so far, let's keep that up...

Edited by SilverPants

Some other credits:

Itsuki: Judal (Magi: Labyrinth of Magic), Joshua (Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance/The World Ends With You), Wonderful Red (The Wonderful 101), Hyde (Under Night In-Birth)

Tsubasa: Nekone (Utawarerumono 2), Homura Amanohokosaka (Blazblue: Chronophantasma), Nagisa Aizawa (My Monster Secret)

Toma: Chikage (Durarara X2), Kugel (Gargantia), Dimitire (Strike the Blood), Dispatch (Final Fantasy XIV), Alsiel (The Devil is a Part-timer)

Kiria: Leixia (SoulCalibur V), Little Queen (Tales of Graces)

Eleanora: Mika Shimotsuki (Psycho-Pass), Mozuku Kunato (Knights of Sidonia), Linne (Under Night In-Birth)

Maiko: Anemone (Eureka Seven), Holo (Spice and Wolf), Agnes (Bravely Default), Accord (Drakengard 3), Mai Shiranui (The King of FIghters), Yukiko Amagi (Persona)

Chrom: Reprised from Awakening

Caeda: Aila (Gundam Build Fighters), Hsien-Ko (Marvel vs CAPCOM 3), Leia (Tales of Xillia), Orie (Under Night In-Birth) (notably this is a recast as Caeda was previously voiced by Sakura Tange aka Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura)

Cain: A relative newcomer (Cain was previously voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama aka Link from Ocarina of Time, Siegfried in Soul Calibur, and Hiei in Yuu Yuu Hakusho)

Tiki: Mao (Summer Wars), Chiko (The Boy and the Beast) (she's the youngest of the cast at sixteen)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that NoA is going to localize and dub the songs. Like, 75% sure.

As long as the VA can carry a tune, I'll be fine with it, I'm not expecting Beyonce. But I'll be pretty dissappointed if they kept the singing with the japanese VAs

I'd be 250% okay with playing the game subtitled...

It actually kind of irks me when voice clips get translated from japanese to english and the dub absolutely destroys the original's intentions. *glares at NOA's Nah...*

But on the other hand... NoA Henry.

Third most popular character in the west, can't argue with those results.

But out of curiosity, how is Nah in the japanese version.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think there are plenty of English VA's that can act and sing.

Laura Bailey, Christina Vee, Wendee Lee, Kate Higgins, Rena Strober, Johnny Yong Bosch, Troy Baker, Vic Magnonga, Cam Clarke, Melissa Fahn

And those are just off the top of my head. There are surely others.

• 3 weeks later...

Not!Personas I mean Performas

They are called Mirages. Performa is just your creative energy, and more similar to Magicite in SMT than anything in the Persona series.

Where did this misconception start? Did people just hear the word "Performa" and assume that's what Mirages were called with no base other than "It sounds kinda like Persona"?

• 1 month later...

Newbies for the recently revealed characters:

Barry Goodman

-Yuuichi Nakamura: Ryouma (Fire Emblem: Fates), Hazama/Yuuki Terumi (Blazblue), Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail), Mumen Rider (One-Punch Man), Narciso Annasui (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle), Kurt Irving (Valkyria Chronicles III/Project X Zone0). Also, he's the best friend of Chrom's VA, Tomokazu Sugita

Mamori Minamoto

-Kaori Fukuhara: Tsukasa Hiiragi (Lucky Star), Pearl Fey (Ace Attorney)

Nothing on the Mirages, but more than likely Tharja and Virion's VA's will return. I am interested in who they would get to play Draug. I'm hoping for someone like Hiroki Yasumoto or Kenta Miyake.

Newbies for the recently revealed characters:

Barry Goodman

-Yuuichi Nakamura: Ryouma (Fire Emblem: Fates), Hazama/Yuuki Terumi (Blazblue), Gray Fullbuster (Fairy Tail), Mumen Rider (One-Punch Man), Narciso Annasui (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle), Kurt Irving (Valkyria Chronicles III/Project X Zone0). Also, he's the best friend of Chrom's VA, Tomokazu Sugita

Mamori Minamoto

-Kaori Fukuhara: Tsukasa Hiiragi (Lucky Star), Pearl Fey (Ace Attorney)

Nothing on the Mirages, but more than likely Tharja and Virion's VA's will return. I am interested in who they would get to play Draug. I'm hoping for someone like Hiroki Yasumoto or Kenta Miyake.

Where did you get this info? I checked the official site earlier today and there were no changes.

Lessee:

Virion: Reprised from Awakening

Tharja: Reprised from Awakening

Draug: Ryota Takeuchi: Kagekatsu Uesugi and Katakura Kojuro (Samurai Warriors 4), Ringabell (Bravely Default), Shiro (Assassination Classroom)

• 1 month later...

Update on NPCs:

Tiki Fan: Asami Seto: Ayaka Kagari (Witch Craft Works), Asagi Aiba (Strike the Blood), Lili (Street Fighter x Tekken)

Ayaha Oribe: Ai Kayano: Alisha (Tales of Zestiria), Omamori (Ushio and Tora), Kasumi Takamiya (Witch Craft Works)

Kuen Tarachino: Kenta Miyake: Zangief (Street Fighter), Muhammad Avdol (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure), Zodd (Berserk: The Golden Age), Yuya (Yakuza series)

Yatsufusa Hatanaka: Ken Narita: Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha), Vashyron (Resonance of Fate)

Nobu Harinozawa: Anri Katsu: Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda)

Mahiro Tsurumi: Chafurin: Wyzen (Asura's Wrath), Bob Poundmax (Gungrave), Qada (Bravely Default)