Dengeki Scans - Marriage / Children

ichikawa

*due to the importance of this issue, i'll make this post about Dengeki offigcial confirmation.

Dengeki officially confirmed the Marriage/Children

Bonds and Marriage

[support Conversations] After units’ bonds with one another deepen to a certain extent, units can engage in a support conversation. Upon having such a conversation, the support level increases incrementally, from C, B, A, to S, and characters’ relationships deepen in turn. Raising units’ support level from C through A is possible with any unit pair; it is useful to diligently engage in support conversations to adeptly progress through battles, as well.

[Marriage] After deepening one’s bonds through various methods, when members of the opposite sex reach the highest support level, S, the units are able to get married. Depending on the specific pair of units married, a child is born from them, and that child becomes an ally who can fight by their side.

(blazingsigurd from reddit)

ZI6Lqeb.jpg

Edited by ichikawa

I still have poison is if you guys want. Or you could just aply the palm of your hand to your face, that work too.

Y'a know, I'll probably still end up marrying Camilla, but I can't deny that Felicia is freaking cute.

Edited by B.Leu

Oh that sounds interesting, it seems IS did try to differentiate the children mechanic from that of Awakening. However, I'm still not really excited for the return of the feature.

By the way, Kamui's daughter looks really strange, almost like a pixie or something like that.

Quickly, learn the pairings that create expys and shun them! Honestly, I'm kinda excited with the way they're pulling this off. If this means what we think it means, we won't just minmax for the best stats, we'll pair characters to get the children we want!

I think you guys are over thinking this. If specific pairings really did make different children, we'd be looking at literally dozens of possible characters. I don't know the exact wording in the article, but I expect it to work the same as in awakening, with children being tied to specific parent characters and the other parent only affecting hair colour and stats.

Uh, different couples had different children in Awakening too. I don't see how this game is doing it any different. I mean, Frederick x Female Avatar results in Morgan while Frederick x Cordelia results in Severa. And Stahl x Cordelia results in Severa while Donnel x Lissa results in Owain. That's different couples with different children.

The only difference I see here from Awakening is that the kid may be tied to the father this time (female Corrin likely being the exception) since we see Corrin's kid with Felicia's hair color and that Tharja look-alike with Orochi's hair color. And kids in Awakening were tied to their mothers while inheriting the fathers' hair colors.

I think you guys are over thinking this. If specific pairings really did make different children, we'd be looking at literally dozens of possible characters. I don't know the exact wording in the article, but I expect it to work the same as in awakening, with children being tied to specific parent characters and the other parent only affecting hair colour and stats.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It just says "depending on the combination of married characters, a child will be born to them". It's pretty vague honestly.

It just says "depending on the combination of married characters, a child will be born to them". It's pretty vague honestly.

Yeah, it probably just means that some characters have a child tied to them, and some don't, just like in awakening. Possibly with the addition that some first generation characters that don't have children tied to them might be able to marry someone other than the avatar, resulting in childless marriages.

Edited by capmalachi

I have the chronic Must Recruit All Characters Disease so dozens of children tied to specific pairings would be hell unless polygamy exists.

It would be interesting if each pairing had a unique child. I would say cool too but... The amount of character would be staggering. And tbh the known children aren't exactly boosting confidence in other kids being imaginative designs, even if I like the not!Tharja's design. She looks better than the original to me. It's probably just the difference in class though.

The wording sounds more like some pairings just don't produce kids anyways. Or what Anacybele said.

EDIT: actually, if the amount of pairings with no kids was huge enough, I could see unique kids for each pairing be a thing. I don't want that though, since that might create unnecessary rage among the fans of pairings that don't have kids.

Edited by Sylphid

I have the chronic Must Recruit All Characters Disease so dozens of children tied to specific pairings would be hell unless polygamy exists.

It would be interesting if each pairing had a unique child. I would say cool too but... The amount of character would be staggering. And tbh the known children aren't exactly boosting confidence in other kids being imaginative designs, even if I like the not!Tharja's design. She looks better than the original to me. It's probably just the difference in class though.

The wording sounds more like some pairings just don't produce kids anyways. Or what Anacybele said.

EDIT: actually, if the amount of pairings with no kids was huge enough, I could see unique kids for each pairing be a thing. I don't want that though, since that might create unnecessary rage among the fans of pairings that don't have kids.

I actually like that, it creates workable "canon" pairings but still offers the freedom for the fan base to choose their waifu or husbando (Joker....).

Huh, I'm just surprised everyone can have support conversations with each other. So much for hoping for fewer conversations of higher quality, but oh well, I'm sure we'll get quite a few good ones!

But surely you can't pair up absolutely everyone so long as they're of the opposite gender, right? That'd be a LOT of children.

ryoma and mozume otp

Pff, that wouldn't bother me. Even if Ryoma doesn't get a child regardless of who he's paired with. :P It would just mean that I wouldn't see him with a stupid-looking kid and I can come up with one for him that wouldn't look stupid. Heh heh. ;3

Edited by Anacybele

Huh, I'm just surprised everyone can have support conversations with each other. So much for hoping for fewer conversations of higher quality, but oh well, I'm sure we'll get quite a few good ones!

But surely you can't pair up absolutely everyone so long as they're of the opposite gender, right? That'd be a LOT of children.

ryoma and mozume otp

If there's fewer playable characters per version, that might help the conversation density since a bunch of combinations will never be playable at the same time and therefore be unable to support. But yeah after Awakening, universal conversations don't sound especially wonderful.

I see it going somewhere along the lines of:

Person A + Person B = Child X

Person B + Person C = Child Y
Person A + Person C = Child Z

At least that's how I hope it will be...

In extent you could pair Person A with D, E, F or G and it would result in Child X, but pair them with H, I, J or K and it would result in Child Z. This would really just give two or three possible children for each character depending on who they pair with, although I think that would be too much work for thembut one can dream yes

Edited by Val'air

If a given route has 10 male and 10 female parent characters, and any male/female combination can marry and produce a unique kid, that route would require 100 unique kids.

Seems unlikely.

If a given route has 10 male and 10 female parent characters, and any male/female combination can marry and produce a unique kid, that route would require 100 unique kids.

Seems unlikely.

Except for the fact that none of the royal family can marry each other.

So that actually shuts down a good number of pairings.

Edited by Trickster

Except for the fact that none of the royal family can marry each other.

So that actually shuts down a good number of pairings.

It removes eight pairings. That's not particularly relevant at this scale.

I see them limiting the possible partners for each unit, so that each parent combination will result in a different child entirely. For example, maybe Orochi has 3 different partners, marrying Tsukuyomi results in Shara, while marrying Saizou results in a completely different child, maybe with a locked hair colour because only Couple A can give birth to Child A

I'm gonna theorize ther're only gonna be 4 kids: Avatar's kid, Not!Tharja, Not!Cordelia and Not!Gaius

Not!Tharja (Shara) will be Tsukuyomi's kid

Not!Cordelia will be Subaki's kid

And Not!Gaius will be..I dnno...Saizo's