Dengeki Scans - Marriage / Children

ichikawa

I see it going somewhere along the lines of:

Person A + Person B = Child X

Person B + Person C = Child Y

Person A + Person C = Child Z

At least that's how I hope it will be...

In extent you could pair Person A with D, E, F or G and it would result in Child X, but pair them with H, I, J or K and it would result in Child Z. This would really just give two or three possible children for each character depending on who they pair with, although I think that would be too much work for thembut one can dream yes

I've read the child you get is reversed from the way it worked in Awakening. So the child is attached to the father character and the hair colour is dependent on the mother. But I think in Nohr at least, the children will vary greatly from parent to parent. With no grinding, you're going to really have to rely on those skills the parents pass down, since acquiring new ones will be challenging.

Except for the fact that none of the royal family can marry each other.

So that actually shuts down a good number of pairings.

So a male Avatar can't marry Azura/Aqua?

Thanks for the translations Kirokan!

So it looks like proposals still occur in S ranks... yay for rushed romances.

No problem, and yes indeed... I still wonder when marriage occurs for Nohr? Right after the chapter you S ranked? Somewhere else?

Thanks Kirokan.

No problem!

That's... a bit rude, Kamui. Corrin.

"Ok so you totally suck at your job, but hey, I still love you"

Thanks, Kirokan:3

And they called Joker awkward. xD

No problem, and yes indeed... I still wonder when marriage occurs for Nohr? Right after the chapter you S ranked? Somewhere else?

Huh? Why wouldn't it all be in the My Castle itself? It's seemingly part of the My Castle section of the guide and there are also ways to increase bonds there.

I think it'd be nice that one gender characters (namely the main character's) always had children, and the other gender characters would have an additional child with specific partners, adding some pseudo-canon value, while keeping some of the "sim" freedom. For example, Oboro and Ryouma get only Ryouma's kid with a male Avatar and Oboro's with a female one, while Oboro and Takumi would get both regardless the Avatar's gender.

Sadly, I don't think it will be like this in this game.

"...opposite sex characters can reach the highest rank S."

It means no same sex relationships, as that rank S means "official relationship"
ps: Kirokan, you are the best :D
Edited by ichikawa

I think it'd be

nice that one gender characters (namely the main character's) always had children, and the other gender characters would have an additional child with specific partners, adding some pseudo-canon value, while keeping some of the "sim" freedom. For example, Oboro and Ryouma get only Ryouma's kid with a male Avatar and Oboro's with a female one, while Oboro and Takumi would get both regardless the Avatar's gender.

Sadly, I don't think it will be like this in this game.

well I hope it's like awakening. This metjod would just cause issues.

1. People would ship the two with the best kids regarding if they like the pairing or not.

2. It would just be random. How can anyone find this out by their own? You need to use outside ressources and I think they won't do that.

3. It would take away you freedom. If I want to have every character I would habe to marry that one girl I never liked (like your maid) just so I can get everything out of the game. That's hopefully not gonna happen.

I was happy when I first heard it was like awakeming where you had all the freedom to do what you liked.

Anyone else wonder how the young tsukuyomi and the apparently old fashioned Orochi ended up with a kid who seems to have a completely different personality than both of them? I mean, in awakening the kids didn't have their parents in their lives much apparently, with them dying and all, but dang, how much imput did those two have on their child?

I wonder if the kids have the same expanded reclass options and personal caps as in Awakening. Or for that matter, if personal caps are in the game at all. I hope so; they're a pretty sweet feature and important for making reclass work.

"Little by little the two grew closer...

And soon, the two were wed..."

So some marriages happen immediately while some don't?

Huh? Why wouldn't it all be in the My Castle itself? It's seemingly part of the My Castle section of the guide and there are also ways to increase bonds there.

It can happen in My Castle. I just wonder what happens with the resulting kid then. Do you fight/recruit them in my castle? Do they just appear on the team? Is the next mission automatically a side quest?

It means no same sex relationships, as that rank S means "official relationship"

They made sure to emphasize the opposite sex thing heavily. Thanks!

Anyone else wonder how the young tsukuyomi and the apparently old fashioned Orochi ended up with a kid who seems to have a completely different personality than both of them? I mean, in awakening the kids didn't have their parents in their lives much apparently, with them dying and all, but dang, how much imput did those two have on their child?

That's a point worth considering if there is a serious reason. Though, I get the ill feeling that it may just be a trivial one to have this child like Sarya/Tharja.

It can happen in My Castle. I just wonder what happens with the resulting kid then. Do you fight/recruit them in my castle? Do they just appear on the team? Is the next mission automatically a side quest?

I'd assume it'll be handled in the same way as Hoshido. We don't know how that will be either though, since neither seem to have world maps. Still, they could work similarly to Awakening, with the paralogues opening up and being accessible through a menu rather than a map. Nohr could get that without getting access to the menu with optional skirmishes.

She's also seemingly the enemy boss and is commanding a bunch of monsters.

If the kids really turn out to be from the Outrealms, I guess each paralogue where you get one of them will feature their world going in very different directions, rather than all kids coming from a single world.

Edited by NeonZ

I'd assume it'll be handled in the same way as Hoshido. We don't know how that will be either though, since neither seem to have world maps. Still, they could work similarly to Awakening, with the paralogues opening up and being accessible through a menu rather than a map, without giving access to optional skirmishes.

That sounds pretty likely. Not too long now until we see for ourselves anyway.

well I hope it's like awakening. This metjod would just cause issues.

1. People would ship the two with the best kids regarding if they like the pairing or not.

Well, there should be some flexibility to it, like each character having three partners to get double offspring with and seven or eight to get only one.

2. It would just be random. How can anyone find this out by their own? You need to use outside ressources and I think they won't do that.

That's called replayability and completionism. Many games nowadays have unlockables that are hard to get and nobody seems too annoyed about it.

3. It would take away you freedom. If I want to have every character I would habe to marry that one girl I never liked (like your maid) just so I can get everything out of the game. That's hopefully not gonna happen.

I was happy when I first heard it was like awakeming where you had all the freedom to do what you liked.

You still have the freedom, but you can choose between two characters with limited options (each getting a personal class and those of his/her other parent) but with a strong bond to each other with a unique class skill (so that they still have their personal skill and can take that out if you happen to bench just one of the siblings) that provides them with a boost when fighting along their sibling, or one character with many more options (a personal class plus both parents' classes) but without a sibling to boost them.

Huh, I'm just surprised everyone can have support conversations with each other. So much for hoping for fewer conversations of higher quality, but oh well, I'm sure we'll get quite a few good ones!

Are you sure that's what it's saying? I thought it was just mentioning how A supports aren't restricted to a certain number per character, and you can max them all out.

*Sigh*.

Not that this is unexpected after the announcement of children, or even before that really, but still depressing.

(A tiny voice in my head is still saying that same sex romances can occur, they just didn't want to reveal it before the game for some reason. Hope springs eternal. Or until the game comes out in Japan.)

They let the nanny do all the work.

The nanny was Zero.