How actively will you avoid spoilers once Fate is released?

BlueL

How actively will you avoid spoilers?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Will you avoid spoilers?

• All spoilers
    • Just story spoilers
    • Will try but don't care if you a few things get spoiled
    • I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't particularly care about spoilers though I'm not going to go looking into them either and probably only going to watch ShadowofChaos play the first few chapters and also maybe pay attention to class information and confirmation on stuff like how certain mechanics like children will work.

Edited by WrightJustice

I don't think I'll avoid stuff. There's certain things I want to know and it'll be hard to avoid stuff, anyways. Is the game better if you aren't spoiled? For me, yes. Is it still enjoyable? Definitely.

Maybe spoil a game mechanic or two, and I might also want to see the customization options and what the deal is with children, but that's it. If I was able to stay spoiler free for Xenoblade Chronicles X for this long, I can do it for Fates.

I swear, all I do is go on serenesforest and the fire emblem subreddit in my free time. Also if its gonna be like how I dealt with monster hunter then every character will be spoiled for me. I don't mind game mechanics though.

At the most, I would just like to find out how the chapters pan out gameplay-wise after the game releases in Japan. I don't intend to look into the dialogue or story premise of these battles, not that I would even understand what those moonrunes are telling me in the first place.

I will attempt to avoid story spoilers and the map designs of the chapters after the big decision. However, I will probably cave in and spoil myself after a day or two. It would be a miracle if I could last a week without spoiling myself lol.

I know that I will be avoiding spoilers like the plague until it gets it's western release, unfortunately that has the unfortunate side effect of having to abandon everything fire emblem on the internet for at least half a year... oh well...

I know I am to weak to avoid spoilers if I ever return to this forum so I am not returning until I have the game but I will probably cave and come back anyway and ruin the game for myself then be disappointed that I ruined the game for myself

Other features like gameplay and to whom can we S-Rank Kamui with are perfectly fine with me. Once I know the essentials, I will flee from any story related topics so I do hope that topic creators would be so kind and aid those who would like to avoid story related events by putting on a warning on their topic titles. C:

I'm definitely going to spoil myself. I'm super keen on finding out about the rest of the characters as well as how both stories will play out. And I want to make sure the first path I take (Hoshido) is the right path, too. From what I've seen so far it looks pretty interesting.

Oh yeah, and I also want to figure out who I should be marrying my units to.

Edited by stitchedwithlove

The only thing that I want to know besides what is officially released is all the options that the character creator gives. After I've seen it in its entirety, I'll entirely go dark from this website and anywhere else that might give spoilers. I've unfollowed Fire Emblem people in all my social media unless they tag spoilers, and even downloaded a blacklist tool for Tumblr (Super serious).

...It is going to be a dark six months.

I really want to know all the characters, but at the same time, I want to be surprised. I'll probably give in to temptation at the end, so I just won't try to avoid the character spoilers.

But the story, THAT I will try to avoid. Skills, classes, those are the kinds of things I really want to spoil myself with!

There's a couple of story things I need to find out about. I also want to know when each of the siblings join permanently and if the kids really don't affect the story in any way. Other than that, I want to keep as much of the story unspoiled as possible.

I avoided Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright spoilers for the 3 years we were waiting for the game to get localized. That said, I'd like to see some stuff about game mechanics, stuff relating to My Castle (at this point it's mostly the amiibos though if there are any other details we aren't hearing about I want to know about that too), and possibly characters though I don't want to know who any major antagonists/the final boss are so I'm probably going to avoid characters anyway.

Story is a complete no, though. I'm not going to spoil the story beyond what is already known when the game launches in Japan.

Fortunately story is not the top priority for my own contributions, and they will be limited to whatever thread we're supposed to contribute to... my contributions are game mechanics which I am sure nobody minds, but then character profiles too which may be a bit more sensitive for characters you may not have seen. But, again, I'm not sure on the formatting of it all yet.

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to call anyone out with my last sentence. I just feel like for some people who are getting the game near release might forget what counts as spoilers after having had the game for a handful of months.

All of you people with such impressive willpower: how does it feel to be a god among men?

Well if you want to try, reducing the amount of times you visit this site/FE sub-reddit is how a good start. I can't say I'll go ghost, especially after how much time I've spent discussing FE the last few months, but I will definitely cut back my visitations.

I'll be busy with grad school apps and other stuff that I won't have time to fully check up on this thread.

I just want to know the weapons, classes, skills, characters, and whether or not there is a general consensus that is game is worse/better than other FEs.

In my opinion, it probably won't exceed the masterpiece that is Thracia 776.

Edited by Leif

I'll probably disappear from here once the game gets released, and it will take an impressive amount of willpower to only check for the release date.

Of course, since I understand Japanese perfectly well, this suffering could have been avoided, but NOOOO, Nintendo wanted to region lock the 3DS...

I'm probably only going to avoid spoilers for the Nohr route since I don't plan on buying both versions of the game, but that's not an option on the poll so I didn't vote.

I'm going to actively seek out spoilers…. I'm strange like that, but I've purposefully spoiled almost every game I've ever played before playing it. I also read the endings of books before I start reading the rest of them. I'm weird like that.

I'm only going to spoil myself with the gameplay mechanics. Characters, classes, weapons, skills, map secrets and treasures. Also My Castle features since those are just good to know about beforehand no matter what.

All story or plot I will be avoiding like the plague though. Support convos, cutscenes, dialogue. I intend to do the best I can considering this game is so far from a Western release...