Where is the male Troubadour?

Trickster

So it seems like every class has a male and female counterpart now that supposedly gender restrictions are out, but where is the male troubadour/rod knight? We've heard nothing on them and the game is nearly out.

Most likely a child character. That Not!Noire Dark Mage is also (most likely) another child character. We will most likely have a male wyvern rider in that category as well.

Idk, but what's funny is -I'm sure most FE fans know this by now- that Troubadours are titles that belong to males. The female term of Troubadours are Trobairitz. Wonder if they'll actually call the "Troubadours" the latter.

Idk, but what's funny is -I'm sure most FE fans know this by now- that Troubadours are titles that belong to males. The female term of Troubadours are Trobairitz. Wonder if they'll actually call the "Troubadours" the latter.

I demand a "LIKE" button for that comment. I don't learn many things lately. At least not in things I actually enjoy learning...

This has been fixed in the Italian translation of the game, lol.

I really wonder why the FE7 translator overlooked this error, as far as I remember he is pretty good and did a good job with the game in general.

ANYWAY

I expect a male troubador! He could either be a child or a unit we have yet to see on Nohr' side. Especially since now they are called Rod Knights and that seems to be more general than a specific troubador, in Japan.

I wouldn't count Jakob as one though because he is more akin to a priest, and Mage Knights in some games could use staves too.

I'm pretty sure Jakob does count as one. At least if you assume that Butler/Maid is a promotion for Rod Knight, which is what all of the signs point to. Anyways, there probably will be a male child that is a Rod Knight, possibly Elise's child if she has one.

I'm pretty sure Jakob does count as one. At least if you assume that Butler/Maid is a promotion for Rod Knight, which is what all of the signs point to. Anyways, there probably will be a male child that is a Rod Knight, possibly Elise's child if she has one.

I could be wrong, but maybe Maid and Butler are classes exclusive to certain units (like Jakob, Felicia and Flora), after reading their description in the class roll. Plus they have a level 40 cap, kinda akin to manakete, taguel, dancers, etc in Awakening, which were unique too.

I expect the Rod Knight's promotions to be Strategist and Dark Knight.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

I could be wrong, but maybe Maid and Butler are classes exclusive to certain units (like Jakob, Felicia and Flora), after reading their description in the class roll. Plus they have a level 40 cap, kinda akin to manakete, taguel, dancers, etc in Awakening, which were unique too.

That would mean that Rod Knight loses staves upon promotion to Dark Knight and randomly gains tomes & swords.

When Jakob used the Parallel Seal, he could become a Strategist, a Great Knight, and a Paladin. The same thing happens to Felicia but with the promotions for Mercenary. Unless they randomly have access to Strategist, I think that they are promotions for Rod Knight. Besides, I may be mistaken but haven't we seen a Level 40 Camilla too? Maybe all promoted classes have a cap of 40.

But . . .

qx3QuHZ.png

(found at 6:35 in https://www.youtube....h?v=45cSvpxNYeA )

and

npHmd13.png?1

(screenshot from https://youtu.be/1r2n4jzWmYk?t=1m13s )

But male version of Demoiselle. ;_;

be1e0068dd41ffcbb9e3b0e72eec0bc7.png

Edit: Also Resistance +2 was a troubadour skill in the previous game, hinting that his class prior to promoting was likely rod knight. When coupled with the fact that Nohr doesn't have any other unpromoted healing classes (according to the class reel), and seeing as the main weapon for maids/butlers on their map sprites are staves, it seems unlikely that they are not promoted rod knights.

Edit 2: Fixed a typo.

Edited by Sakusa

The most likely thing is that promoted classes can have had their level caps raised, especially if Fates' stat caps are similiar to Awakening's stat caps. That would explain why Maid/Butler can go up to 40, yet are promotions of Rod Knight.

As an addendum, I think Villager is a base class this time, promoting into Basara (the Lance and Magic wielding class) and one other.

Odin can possibly have a reclass to rod knight as a shout-out to Lissa! 8D

Villager can also possibly be a trainee class. I think that'd be fun.

Overall I hope that every version will have access to all classes,in which case a male troubadour who can be recruited regardless of the version you are playing doesn't sound so unlikely.

But then again we have already lots of staff users on both sides(in both versions you get Felicia,Jakob and your little sister and hoshido has this priest dude,while nohr probably gets the blue haired maid),so I dunno,maybe it is really only a child character(in which case I'd suggest that it would be Jakobs,I mean childs are this time dependant on the father,so someone who is avaliable in both versions would make sense)

Every version should have access to all of the classes because of the capture feature, if anything. Maybe they won't have unique faces, but you can still probably be able to use them once you properly persuade them. IS went out of their way to add more female units to the menagerie of enemy units and let classes be all-inclusive, so I don't see why there wouldn't be a male rod knight somewhere to capture. It'd probably be a waste of concept art to have a male rod knight designed and never used by the AI, but I digress.

I don't think we will see a male Troubadour around.

Now we have a male Pegasus Knight for Hoshido and a female Fighter for Nohr.

But Troubadour is another exclusive class for females but guys don't have another one (except Dread Fighter but there's also Bride...)

I don't think we will see a male Troubadour around.

Now we have a male Pegasus Knight for Hoshido and a female Fighter for Nohr.

But Troubadour is another exclusive class for females but guys don't have another one (except Dread Fighter but there's also Bride...)

I don't really get your point here.

Yes Troubadours were female only in the past,but like you said,they also give us a female fighter and a male pegasus rider this time around,so why shouldn't there be a male troubadour?(Or Rod knight as they are called in this game)

If you go by Awakening classes,then the barbarian would be the opposite of the troubadour and this games counterpart to the barbarian seems to be the Oni,who is also getting a female character

Especially since it looks like the rod knight promotes into strategist or maid/butler,meaning that Jakob should have Rod knight as his base class.

Edited by BlueLore

I don't really get your point here.

Yes Troubadours were female only in the past,but like you said,they also give us a female fighter and a male pegasus rider this time around,so why shouldn't there be a male troubadour?(Or Rod knight as they are called in this game)

Especially since it looks like the rod knight promotes into strategist or maid/butler,meaning that Jakob should have Rod knight as his base class.

Yes, and look at this:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/pre-release-media/

The guy named Drei in one of these screenshots looks like a generic male Rod Knight.

Edited by Leif

If not one of the kids, then definitely a prepromote somewhere (Joker/Jakob's reclass options exist, for one, but I wouldn't rule out another male strategist prepromote either)

I mean hell, Myrm has been gender-neutral for a really long time, but FEA had no natural female Myrmidons, only reclasses and prepromotes. Not every gender-neutral class will have an unpromoted representative as a base class, especially since reclass does exist. Somebody somewhere will have it as their reclass.

Edited by Thor Odinson