FEditor Animations for Fan Projects

Klokinator

Yes.

When I import an animation it always has the same pallete, I want to change that.

I'm not sure if you mean this?

About auto-recoloring:

If the following "blue RGB values" occur in the palette of an inserted animation, they will be replaced with the appropriate intensity of red, green and purple values in the other 3 palettes that are generated from the palette of the frame images provided by the user for completing the 4 palette set required of class animations. In this way, an appropriately blue colored unit will have the correct red, green and purple colors when recruited to an enemy, NPC or 4th Link Arena team as per the Fire Emblem standard.

These are GBA RGB values ranging from 0 through 31 (then the usual 0 through 255).

Format is

Color name:

16 bit GBA color value

Intensity - Decimal level (out of 31) (Decimal level (out of 255))

Light blue:

Hex 0x7F73

R - 19 (156)

G - 27 (222)

B - 31 (255)

Mid blue:

Hex 0x766C

R - 12 (099)

G - 19 (156)

B - 29 (239)

Dark blue:

Hex 0x6168

R - 08 (066)

G - 11 (090)

B - 24 (198)

Darker blue:

Hex 0x5085

R - 05 (041)

G - 04 (033)

B - 20 (165)

Edited by circleseverywhere

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure there is a NDS style female soldier in Dream of Five.

There is, and a much better male soldier animation as well, but whoever made it refuses to share it.

I'll never understand people who don't share resources for the community that gave resources to them. That's why everything I make or pay fo others to make is always F2U, except character mugs because characters are different. Also, lord animations for a specific game. But generic stuff... just share it. The community gives you tutorials and guides and the community makes you into a great developer, the least you can do is give back whenever possible.

Know that I'm not defending dream of five(if you know me, you realize this), but honestly, it's their own project who has taken very little from the community. They make their own... everything; they have no obligation to give it away before the project itself is complete.

And that soldier in it is awful, idk why you'd even want it. And the "female soldier" they're hiding from the community? It's bonestorm's halberdier with a head swap.

Know that I'm not defending dream of five(if you know me, you realize this), but honestly, it's their own project who has taken very little from the community.

Very little? I'm sure they have used Nightmare, FEditor, those are tools made by the community. I'm sure they've read hacking tutorials and guides, probably written some themselves too I'd bet. I'm sure they make all their own graphics and everything else, but if everyone in the community had the idea to not give things out for free, we wouldn't have a topic like this one filled with dozens of very nice animations. We also wouldn't have multiple people working on F2U fangame engines, community sprites or sprite rips from the official games (Of which I'm sure the DoF artists used for splice practice early on) and etc. The tiny things add up, but overall it's a community, and if everyone puts a little change in the change jar, it adds up quickly.

Also I have no idea what animations are in their hack. I thought the Armor Knight was from DoF? They released at least that one so it's not like they've done nothing for this topic. And anyway, my comment was a general response to all the developers in the community, not DoF specifically. Why not just share? People shared their works for you to look at, use, and/or learn from, you should do the same too. If everyone hoards, we have no community. And as someone who torrents software all the time, I know a thing or two about leeches and seeders, nobody likes a leech.

If people don't want to give back, that's their choice. Sure it sucks and it's stingy when you consider how much of the community's resources they've used but at the end of the day, we don't put things out there for others to return in kind, we share because we want to share. Expectation of a return sullies the idea of what we're doing in the first place so overall it's not so much of an issue.

I'm sure they make all their own graphics and everything else

which is exactly what you're complaining about; get over yourself Klok. Just because you're unable to do graphics doesn't mean someone else is obligated to do it for you.

People do share, you just seem to be bitching about the specific things they choose not to.

Nice cheap shot there, bud. I can't draw or art or sprite, but I pay others to do it for me. The implication here is that money isn't as valuable as the time spent making the art, except I work a job to earn that money. I pay for plenty of things and then immediately give those things out for free to the community. I try to serve as an example of what this community COULD be like, instead of people not sharing and just using. I'm no hypocrite on this subject.

And based on my latest count, I've put $2400ish into the community as a whole in the last 4 years. That seems a pretty substantial amount, given that I work almost no hours and barely make enough for rent even now :V

Nice cheap shot there, bud. I can't draw or art or sprite, but I pay others to do it for me. The implication here is that money isn't as valuable as the time spent making the art, except I work a job to earn that money. I pay for plenty of things and then immediately give those things out for free to the community. I try to serve as an example of what this community COULD be like, instead of people not sharing and just using. I'm no hypocrite on this subject.

And based on my latest count, I've put $2400ish into the community as a whole in the last 4 years. That seems a pretty substantial amount, given that I work almost no hours and barely make enough for rent even now :V

lel stop trying to be some kind of martyr, you're literally complaining right now because there aren't enough free animations for you(or the "community") to utilize in fan games. You're not noble, you've never been, so no one is buying this.

And using your poor use of your personal money as some kind of tipping point? Stupid; manage your finances better so you can pay your rent.

K guys. Fights and Personal shots aren't really going to help this thread.

It's okay to be on different sides of this debate. No one is a horrible person for WANTING more animations to use, or for NOT WANTING to share what they have. :\

Who doesn't want cool graphics and animations? On the same hand, no one should ever have to give something away of theirs if they choose not to, or are uncomfortable with it...(for anything in life really) Or just want to keep their stuff unique to their own projects. :o

Like Nickt was saying, its got to be people's own choice. We can encourage that choice by promoting their art and resources, some people just want to see what they're working on be used and appreciated...

But let's not try shaming either side here guys as Greedy or Selfish. We only hurt ourselves with going after each other like this. :S

Be cool to each other... Or at least civil. :o

/rant/sermonover

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

There is, and a much better male soldier animation as well, but whoever made it refuses to share it.

IIRC it was MageKnight who made it

Not sure why he'd want to not share it, tho

Edited by Pixelman

Changed the FEditor links in the first part of the OP to reflect new updated versions.

Still working on the V2 of the OP. It's gonna be a pretty big update, every animation will have a GIF instead of the current battle scene. Mainly because consistency and also because me going through and implementing a battle scene would be MORE of a pain than doing a GIF.

As another benefit, it gives this topic a bit of difference to the FEU one!

Nope! That was made by AstraLunaSol, which I got to use with his permission since he hasn't made it public.

Oops, my mistake!

Thanks for clearing it up

I think I like this female soldier animation better then the female halberdier. The halberdier looks too lordly for a rank and file soldier, more so then the male halberdier; like Erika impersonating Ephraim.