FEditor Animations for Fan Projects

Klokinator

Howdy folks. I seem to be having some trouble inserting these things into fe8. See I've been trying to use TBA's Female Merc as well as Ekhidna's sprites from fe6 because fe8 apparently has data for a female mercenary and hero class.

Well I insert the animations like the tutorial tells me to and they work fine as battle animations. When I change a character's class to Female Mercenary they can use the animations and same for Female Hero. The issue is in the promotion.

For whatever reason, when my character tries to promote, the screen just goes black and the chapter music keeps playing.

After some help from shadowofchaos I've narrowed it down to being a pointer issue (which he kinda just knew from the start because of the black screen)

I'm doing it just like the tutorial though. Or rather I'm probably not but can't see what I'm doing wrong.

I'm inserting the animations into the custom battle editor, taking the pointer and adding said pointer into the custom battle animations pointer in the class editor.

when i tried to do it through HxD it straight up just didn't work and played the map animations in battle instead. help?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering, for the Master Lord custom animations, am I missing something, or do they not have unarmed animations? Other than that, I am truly enjoying these resources. Thanks a ton!

There don't seem to be any included, but if you insert the magic animation and just set it as the unarmed animation, it works just fine, which I think was the intent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a note, I think someone should fix the Yetizerker script.

It uses the "null" frames for no layered sprites.

Should be replaced with the non "null" variety with the exception of Mode 12.

Not sure if it's fixed in the packages included in here... but on my dropbox it was screwed up.

It *SHOULD* look like these:

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've two new animations for you.

The first one can be used for a sort of lord, the second is long-haired cleric,

now you're not forced to either use a rligious one or Serra.

QVFacBW.png
Credit: Yang Kai
Description: Swordsman(Palette works with the myrmidon/Swordmaster one)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dye2eqi08brgqon/Izarck+Squire.rar

0nkigDo.png
Credit: Yang Kai
Description: A long haired cleric.(Palette matches Serra's)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g5ofr7iyraoezbp/Long+hair+priest.rar

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I think I've got the OP's spoiler tags figured out (the upgrade brutalized them).

That was a pain in the ass. I hope y'all are happy.

Also, the recent animations have been added.

Originally made for Midnight Sun but with the cancellation of the project might as well make it public.

Comes with lance and magic animations but feel free to edit in order to add more weapons.

1997%20-%20Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Sac

Download

Credit: Blue Druid (Script, Animation), Alfred Kamon (concept, commissioner)

Edited by Blue Druid

I'm going to be animating Serra Girl's female mercenary animation in case someone doesn't like TBA's version. Should be done in a few days depending on how motivated I feel. 

Just checked back here and apparently there's quite a lot of animations I haven't seen before. Amazing animations if I may add.

That being said, the Master Lord animation seems to have a problem with the links as clicking on both the male and female version lead to the female version download.