That Moment When You Actually Forget Kellam

Recently, I started my fourth runthrough of Awakening due to the fact that I couldn't handle the wait until next year for Fates/if to come out. I didn't really want to worry about the right children choices or having to grind at all, so I decided to do a normal classic no grind ironman run. I also turned on Japanese voices, of which I was pleasantly surprised of how much I liked it.

Anyway, I came across Chapter 3 during my first sitting, the one where you recruit Kellam and Sumia.

During my last three playthroughs, I had always gone left as that was where Kellam was so you could go talk to him and recruit him. However, I decided to break the meta and go right this time. I didn't have any major problems other than the fact that MU was soaking up all the exp, and I completed the level in about 9 turns.

The Arena Ferox one wasn't so bad either, and having Virion as an actual member of the team this time (because I can tolerate his Japanese voice) helped quite a bit. Ricken being able to one-shot wyverns with a Maribelle pair-up in Chapter 5 was hilarious to watch as well.

I decided that I probably needed to recruit Donnel before my units got too strong, so I went and did his paralouge.

I went and surveyed the roster before the battle, but realized something was missing.

I had forgotten to talk to Kellam in Chapter 3.

I totally hate myself now because jokes about Kellam not existing have always annoyed me somewhat, and now I was a huge hypocrite. Kellam's probably just standing there alone in the freezing cold to this day.

I also can't do over because I'm running a no reset rule this time around.

[facepalm intensifies]

Edited by TheFriendlyFire

Kellam? Who is that?

I readed about that Kellam join you after while so you don't have to worry about him :).

But I like so much his ''ability'' to not be seen by others. That why he is my second favorite guy for the first gen.

This joke gets even better when you realize that you said you recruit him in Chapter 4. He's in Chapter 3.

Thanks, didn't even notice that. I'll be fixing it now to save what's left of my dignity.

Been there done that, specially on Lunatic and Lunatic+ where I first clear the bottom part of the map before recruiting him. Sometimes I just go up without recruiting him and forget of him.

Honestly, he's a gem. Because even the player forgets about him! Good job, IS. :P

Though one of the reasons I don't use him is because Generals suck. I prefer a lighter, more mobile team.

During my first playthrough I almost did forget to recruit Kellam. Not because I didn't notice him, but because I didn't realize you could recruit him then and there. I tried (with a non-Chrom character) and no Talk option appeared, so I moved on with the battle and he just stood there. Eventually I realized that only Chrom could recruit him, but that was only after I reset the chapter due to one of my characters being unluckily hounded on.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, this playthrough I had my FeMU marry Kellam this time, as I always feel bad for the guy. (Spoiler Alert!) His ending always end up well, terrible. This way, I was sure it would be a happy ending, and things would be right in the universe.

So imagine how I feel the end of last month, when I took a break from the game and realized I missed his birthday. I even checked a list of birthdays to make sure I wouldn't miss anyone's, and somehow I missed seeing his name on the list. Sorry Kellam, your would be wife didn't mean to forget your birthday.....really...

That's why I like this gimmick, because it works: people actually tend to forget Kellam.

I mean, even on the box art he's practically invisible, I didn't realize he was on it before someone pointed it out on the internet (same goes for a friend of mine, I had to tell him he was on the box art lol)

I mean come on:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/nintendo3ds/images/a/ac/Fire_Emblem_Awakening_EU_box_art.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130421220046

I could never forget Kellam. I love that guy way too much and married him in most of my playthroughs. But I guess he can be forgotten I never forgot him but I guess it could happen.

FE: Awakening was my first game and I didn't know you units could talk to each other on the battlefield.

So I forgot Kellam and was completely baffled when I saw a (actually two, cause I killed Gaius) shadowy figure in the support list. Maybe that was IS's way of welcoming new players? Kellam, the guy you forgot.

• 3 weeks later...

You know whats funny about that map too. If you don't recruit him the enemies ignore him too.

Also I had my fun using him as a unit, paired him with Nowi once and Nah was like beast mode tank.

• 3 years later...