Fire Emblem Fates Soundtrack

Reset

I wanted to make a topic about the ost of Fates since it is coming out soon in Japan.

Personally, I'm excited to hear more after getting a taste of Azura's song. When I saw Sumeragi being shot down by a barrage of arrows while hearing Azura's singing in the background I felt chills! One of my favorite things about Awakening is the music so I have high hopes.

Also, can't wait to hear the recruitment theme, since every Fire Emblem goes for a certain feel. (My personal favorite is the one in Radiant Dawn)

Edited by Reset

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping the recruitment theme is a bit more substantial than the Awakening one. It was memorable, but it didn't quite capture the feeling of getting a new unit as FE4 or the GBA ones for me. I also love Aqua's song over the April direct trailer - I honestly listened to it on repeat. Sumeragi's death-by-arrows probably wouldn't have been as memorable if it didn't have that chilling, almost-peaceful backing.

I thought Awakening didn't have recruitment theme?

It kind of does, but it's also used as generic background music. "Here we are! The shepherds' garrison." or something like that.

Azura's song is really beautiful and very sad. I like that song and the ablaze version of the theme that played in the Hoshido class trailer. Another one is the theme that played near the end of that long FE intro video.

I thought Awakening didn't have recruitment theme?

This theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOdqZjOTMs

Edited by Mystical_Ice

Some of the "non-Ablaze" map themes (for the lack of a better name) sound pretty bland at this point but their Ablaze counterparts are f***ing amazing!

Edited by Ryo

I love what I heard in the the first direct, and I adore this:

I wonder if it's exclusive to the Nohr route since the Hoshido video has completely different music.

Edited by Sir Frederick

I love what I've heard in the the first direct, and I adore this:

[snips the youtube link]

I wonder if it's exclusive to the Nohr route since the Hoshido video has completely different music.

I believe in one of the directs it was used as background for the explanation segment of the trailer. (It was a JP only portion I believe, but I might be wrong)

What I like so far (in no particular order):

- Azura's song (including different variations)

- The track that starts playing right after the camera zooms into Azura's eyes in the first trailer up until the bridge scene

- The track that starts from the scene where the siblings are convincing you in the second trailer

- The track that plays right after this ^ (if they're not already connected)

- Pretty much everything in the introduction trailer (except My Castle portion)

- Both themes in the Nohr class videos

- The theme for the 2nd tier classes portion in the Hoshido class video

- The track in the second half of the E3 video

What I don't dislike but not terribly fond of:

- Non-Ablaze versions of the tracks (minus the ones mentioned above)

- Pretty much all musics played whenever My Castle is featured

Edited by Ryo

[snip]

This just made me realize that this is the normal and ablazed version of the same song. How did I not realize this before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjKqx6iTFk

I was just going to post this, it's fantastic, it almost sound like it was made for PoR,hehe

That's definitely possible! Your comment made me think of something else too... What if you played Hoshido, for example, and you're on a map that has you fighting against Nohr. Would they play Nohr tracks on the EP?

Edited by Mystical_Ice

Don't forget about the song on the Japanese website! It's pretty darn relaxing.

My favorite has to be the music that plays during the second half of the E3 trailer though, it packs such a punch!

Edited by Thane

My personal favourite so far is the map theme played in the base class segment of the Hoshido class trailer, and its ablaze version as heard in the introduction trailer.

Also, can't wait to hear the recruitment theme, since every Fire Emblem goes for a certain feel.

Agreed! Awakening's recruitment (?) theme was really a bit disappointing, so I'm hoping for a better one in Fates!

This was the bgm for chapter 2 in the Treehouse footage, so you'll probably get to hear it in both versions. It wouldn't surprise me if other tracks do turn out to be version-exclusives though. I just hope we'll get them all in one sound room. (I'd hate to have to switch save files just to listen to a track from the other path.)

Edited by Icy Toast