Will You Play the Game Using the Opposite Gender?

Do you use the opposite gender?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Will you ever play using the opposite gender?

• Heck yeah!
    • No way!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning to do my first playthrough as a Nohrian F!Kamui, and to use M!Kamui on Hoshido path.
For the third path, I'm not sure, but probably Female first.

I plan to eventually plays each playthrough with both genders.

Afterwards... depends if there is facial hair options for Male. Otherwise F!Kamui all the way.

Male Robin was gimped pretty badly in Awakening for not being able to get Galeforce, but my Apotheosis run still used a Male avatar. In Fates, Female Kamui is hand-down the better designed of the two, but I imagine I'll do several runs of each gender for completionism's sake.

Both, because I like creating characters.

Hopefully the game has three builds for each gender like Awakening. The previews only show, other than the preset mid-builds, a short build for Femui and a tall build for Mamui... where is the tall, mature woman build, or the short guy, lol.

Come on IS, don't tell me you've gimped the customization!

Well, both. I did the same with Awakening.

... I wonder if there is a haircut just like Camilla's ? I wonder what the other build will be.

Edited by B.Leu

I'll simply take the gender that has the better design options,thats why I used a female character in awakening and I may use one in Fates as well.

I probably want to play both routes eventually though,so I will take the opposite gender on the 2nd route.

Wat

Why would people want to play as opposite gender Oo

Wat

Why would people want to play as opposite gender Oo

Why not? Lots of people don't bother viewing the MU as a self-insert, and sometimes I feel that the female character looks better. I've almost always played as a female in Pokemon ever since the games let me :D

In Awakening theoretically I'd split 50/50, but there was often a gameplay incentive to play as a specific gender so that might have an effect on which one I use more in Fates as well.

Yes. I'll probably do a male run in both Hoshido and Nohr so I can waifu Rinkah and (possibly, from what little I know about her) Pieri, but all my other runs will likely be female. Mostly, I like stories with female protagonists more than I like self-inserting myself into stories. Also, Female Kamui seems much better designed (especially since they fixed that weird "two left feet" thing).

I have a thing where if male and female are selectable in a character creation game, then I HAVE to play as both.

So far, FE Awakening was the most fun experience with doing that, so I'm extremely excited to do the same for if/Fates.

And hopefully, this will turn out like Awakening, where I play through the game 100+ times just for the sake of making characters and fleshing them out, then add them all to the logbook, and finally, pick the ones that I think would work best together, recruit them into a file together, and then never use the actual unique units in-game, only focusing on my own.

I'll probably only play as M! Kamui once or twice. Most of my files will be female though.

I only used M! Robin in awakening so I could have two kids, but seeing as the kids are tied to their fathers this time I probably won't feel the need to play as a male. Unless F! Kamui doesn't get her own kid. Then I think I'll just cry. I liked having two kids.