Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed cards are approximately 1 in 4 boxes I believe, so yes, decently lucky. I got a signed Robin my first box, too! :D It's still one of my favourite Cipher cards.

I made a whole album of screenshots from the stream if anyone wants to see. You can check it out here!. User Hardin has already posted the important shots to the S4 and S5 threads as well. I'm working on updating the OPs of those thread now.

So super excited for Genealogy in Series 6!! <3 <3 <3

I think you can go ahead and make the set 6 thread now as well. It's just easier to post the things in the right buckets :).

I'm excited for obvious reasons.

Edited by Draxal

We're probably not going to have any new S6 information for a long while. S5 isn't on the official site or even named yet. I think we can just use this thread to hype up S6 in the meantime.

EDIT: I just realized how old this thread is, lol. Maybe we can get a mod to change the title and we can just use this as a general catch-all thread for posting about and discussing the livestreams? I just saw on reddit that the next one will be March 11th. I guess I could make a new thread for livestream discussion, but it seems kind of silly when we've already been more or less using this thread for that.

Edited by Kirie

I don't think this is mentioned in the album anywhere, just my notes, but the woman on stage is Midoriko's VA, too.

In fact, lemme just copy my notes here. I already posted them to reddit:

Hosts: Michihiko Hagi (Ike's VA), Marika Takano (Midoriko's VA), Ryota Kawade (FE Cipher Producer and game designer/director for IS), (Tsutomu Hokusei(?) - FE Cipher Salesman(?))

Introductions and talking. Ike's VA is dressed like him a bit and has a replica Ragnell. The VAs pose with the card(s) of their characters. Midoriko was reading some text... I think it was dialogue of her character in game? Showing known info about S4 so far, games included, starter deck and booster pack image. Images shown of new sleeves, perhaps promo sleeves in the booster boxes? Also stickers, perhaps given out in the ST deck? Can be stuck on deck boxes, laptops, or even sweater sleeves. :U

They show a few shots of the cards that have been revealed via twitter overt he past few days, then a few new cards: Marth, Lucina, Minerva, Lon'qu, Hardin, Roshea, Wolf (!!), Yubello, Yumina, F!Morgan, Cynthia, Say'ri, Basilio. New art for S5 was also shown: Rutger, Clarine, Sothe, Sanaki. A slideshow of images from the recent Cipher tournament events included a shot of a random Merric card. The group spent time reading letters of some sort, perhaps fanmail? More banter that I'm not really understanding, then I got kicked off for a moment but was able to get back in. More banter that I don't understand.

Then suddenly Series 6 info! Series 6 will contain Fates characters again, specifically focusing on the Invisible Kingdom, and then some musicians came in to play a song... from the Prologue of Genealogy? Sure enough, Series 6 will also contain characters from Genealogy of the Holy Wars! Some artwork was shown of Aideen and Levin, then there were some more artworks shown from previous games that also included an upcoming S4 shot of Michalis. More banter. We're nearing the end, certainly. And that's a wrap!

(Tsutomu Hokusei(?) - FE Cipher Salesman(?))

Tsutomu Kitanishi, Outrealm Businessman (The other guy from IntSys who started the Cipher project with Kawade)

Midoriko was reading some text... I think it was dialogue of her character in game?

Yes, Mr. Kitanishi asked Ike's VA to read lines off of Ike's cards, and also wrote some of Midoriko's lines from Fates on scrap paper and handed it to her to read.

Images shown of new sleeves, perhaps promo sleeves in the booster boxes? Also stickers, perhaps given out in the ST deck?

Yes, the boxart from Mystery of the Emblem and Awakening will be on the sleeves handed out in Series 4's booster boxes. The stickers are the bonus for the #FE ST deck.

New art for S5 was also shown: Rutger, Clarine, Sothe, Sanaki.

Of note here, Clarine is illustrated by Kurosawa Tetsu, and Sothe is by Kita Senri. Also, they mentioned that Sanaki was PoR-aged, not RD-aged, implying that there will be an older, promoted Sanaki as well. Kitanishi prodded Kawade to confirm promoted Sanaki, but Kawade refused.

A slideshow of images from the recent Cipher tournament events included a shot of a random Merric card. The group spent time reading letters of some sort, perhaps fanmail?

The Merric card was there specifically to point out that Kawade is a cheater. At both West and East, there was a live match between Kawade and Nishiki/Foleo's VA. The VA won at West, so Kawade put Series 4 cards in his deck for the rematch at East, or something like that. I wasn't paying attention to the Kawade matches at either West or East, but they made a brief mention of it at the closing ceremony at East. The cards they read were haiku written by visitors to Cipher Sai that the staff really liked. At the end of that, the viewers were asked to vote for their favorite haiku. The one about Nohr Ch. 10 won.

Some artwork was shown of Aideen and Levin, then there were some more artworks shown from previous games that also included an upcoming S4 shot of Michalis.

The old artwork (Owain, Reyson, etc.) was all artwork for Cipher drawn by Suzuki Rika. She was chosen to do the key art for Series 6, since she had some involvement with Seisen no Keifu, if I understood everything correctly. Michalis is also hers.

[A whole bunch of useful information.]

Much thanks! I studied Japanese for a couple semesters in college about a decade ago, so I hardly understand most of what they're saying and get a lot based on context (in case it wasn't obvious). I'll update the OP to reflect the information. :)

I take it that Merric is just a regular S4 card, then?

The old artwork (Owain, Reyson, etc.) was all artwork for Cipher drawn by Suzuki Rika. She was chosen to do the key art for Series 6, since she had some involvement with Seisen no Keifu, if I understood everything correctly. Michalis is also hers.

She did the illustrations for the Fan Special book and Seliph's Awakening art. Short of hiring Koya Katsuyoshi she's an inspired choice to create the key art.

Much thanks to Vincent for updating the title for us. <3

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the next live stream event is scheduled for March 12th. There is a page for it on the official FECipher website. It will be at the same time again (8pm Japan time, Noon CET, 6am EST). Since this stream will be only a few days before the S4 release, there will likely be pack openings to show off the signed cards of the newest series in addition to any new info they choose to share.

I'll be around to screencap and summarize like before, for those who won't be able to watch it live.

• 4 weeks later...

As a reminder, the next livestream is coming up this weekend! Like before, I will take a bunch of screenshots to post along with a summary. It'll likely be like previous pre-release livestreams with a focus on showing remaining cards that haven't been revealed yet for S4.

That's been a big focus of the previous pre-release streams, so I expect so. I'm actually kind of surprised how few SR/+ cards we've seen so far; I feel like more were shown earlier for previous sets, though I could be misremembering.

Another successful livestream! I didn't get shots of all the cards unfortunately (many ended up too blurry to even bother saving), but I made up an album with all of my decent or better shots that you can check out here.

Also, here's my summary of events (at least as understood by someone who knows very little Japanese) for anyone interested:

Hosts: Marika Takano (Midoriko's VA), Ryota Kawade (FE Cipher Producer and game designer/director for IS), and Tsutomu Kitanishi ("Outrealm Businessman" FE Cipher Co-Creator). Special guest Yusuke Kozaki also appears!

Introductions and chatting. Midoriko's birthday happens to be the date of the S4 release and so Marika is gifted with vegetables. I'm guessing it's a Fates joke, but I'm a salty European so I haven't played yet (maybe because it's greens?). Introduction to S4 and some ST Deck discussion, another show of the stickers included as a gift with the deck. Kawade opens a deck and we get to see some of the contents and then they open a booster box and a single pack inside, pulling a signed SR+ Toma card! We get to see some shots of the box promos as well, and then there's discussion about coming tournament events and a shot of a commercial for S4.

The commercial is used as a trasition to a new area where Kawade begins a lecture. I think he's explaining aspects of playing the game for the people who applied to take part in the stream and play with S4 cards before release. We get to see some larger versions of a few different cards from the set. Kitanishi gets distracted with a book, and later with a bento box. After the presentation is done, the commercial is shown again and we flip over to another room where Yusuke Kozaki is eating Kitanishi's boxes and preparing to open S4 packs.

Let the pack opening begin! We get shots of a bunch of new cards, including Cordelia, Nyna, Libra, Donnel, Feena, and also signed versions of M!Robin, Kiria, Mamori, Tsubasa, Yashiro, Eleanora, and another Toma. Kozaki also shares a sketch of some characters for upcoming cards, including Oboro, Chrom, and Hans(?). There a lot of discussion that I mostly don't understand. We get to see some shots of the upcoming Fates OST, and then they start discussing Series 5. In addition to a shot of the booster pack image, we also get to see some more upcoming artwork from the set, including Elincia, Edward, and Meg. Then we get to some more of Kozaki's artwork. It looks like things are starting to wrap up. They're showing off some various Fire Emblem merch pieces from throughout the years, including phone cards, old manga volumes, and laser disks. Right before the end, they showed some S6 artwork as well, including a sketch of Xander, and art of Elise and Arvis.

Yeah, the discussion around the Chrom sketch was definitely something about him being a ruler, but my Japanese was really too poor to make much out.

Holy... that Xander sketch looks pretty godly, even though his face is barely visible/left undrawn. I hope it is drawn well like the rest of his body though, Cipher card artists rarely ever get his face right.

Lol Kozaki does love Hans a lot, doesn't he. If I recall correctly he had a tweet which said Hans is based on his father-in-law.

Micaiah on the Series 5 Booster Pack Image looks like she's drawn by Kita Senri.

Edited by RidellCrimea