Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

1. Can't speak Japanese, but it's a safe assumption.

2. Anankos, Hydra's the Japanese name for it.

What happened?

Btw, I timeshifted the stream so I can only watch it starting 2 hours later

When they show all the sprite sheets of the main color factions so far, Lucina takes the blue spot.

It's kinda of a joke though, as they like to hide Chrom. For example, in the Comiket Sprite box set, he's under the cover lap for the deck box, and he's on the interior in the big storage box.

Edited by Draxal

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened?

Btw, I timeshifted the stream so I can only watch it starting 2 hours later

I'm partly joking, but they showed multiple merchandise items and called them "主人公" (protagonist) version, with characters like Roy, Marth, Kamui, etc... and without Chrom on it, but Lucina instead.

For anyone who missed the livestream or just wants to see the highlights, here is my binder of caps from the show.

A few questions:

1) For anyone who watched and can understand Japanese better than me, the Flora and Felicia promos, how do you get them? I'm guessing they're being given away at the Caravan events based on when they appeared in the broadcast, but I don't know for sure.

2) What was the monster card they showed during the S6 section after Xander? It sounded like Kawade called it a "hydra", but I just got Fates 2 days ago and haven't gotten far enough to see that guy yet.

If there's anything else I missed that you think might be important, please add/correct me, so I can make sure to have accurate info when I put together the article for the front page!

In the meantime, here's my summary of events:

Hosts: Lynn (Azura's VA), Ryota Kawade (FE Cipher Producer and game designer/director for IS), and Tsutomu Kitanishi ("Outrealm Businessman" FE Cipher Co-Creator).

Talking about the Cipher Caravan events and showing off some things. Felicia & Flora shown - promo cards available at the events? Poster, Can Badges, Artbook, Binder, Playmats. Switch to a man browsing a card shop looking at available Cipher cards and products and learning how to play the game in a test match with a shop worker. Back in the studio, showing off some new Series 5 cards and some Series 6 art. We also got an official announcement for Series 7! It will feature cards from FE7 "Blazing Sword" as well as more characters from Fates: Revelation. Next stream will be June 18th!

Forgot about that too, I'm not very far in the game and I didn't expect to be spoiled... I think it's a boss in Fates (probably the last boss on one of the routes).

For the first question, I'm not sure I'll be able to get that, but I'll try to rewatch the broadcast with timeshift later and check if I can find what they said (even though I'll probably end up not understanding anything).

Edited by Avk

I guess I can't really blame Japan for having semi-spoilery Fates stuff since the game has been out for almost a year there. Ah well; I don't mind knowing what the final boss looks like. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I like the new commecial.

Guest list is Ike's VA; Hayato/Tsukiyomi's VA; the person who played Felicia at Comiket, and the Starter Exclusive Roy's artist.

Love the Gold for Jugdral.

ClOqRQdUYAAQbvC.jpg

Edited by Draxal

I'm loving that Sigurd is one of the 2 Series 6 preview promos in the S5 booster boxes.

The other S6 preview promo is a new Xander card!

ClOp74LUsAAnTSn.jpg

Also showed off were two Cipher 1 Year Anniversary special promo cards. At first glance they look only like rereleases of old promos, but they have a special 1 Year Anniversary celebration logo in the top left corner, which is pretty cool.

ClOqAgLVEAI0XJq.jpg

ClOqIsjVAAAzx1w.jpg

Edited by aubergine

The previously released Chrom wasn't a foil, so that one is definitely an upgrade. It still uses the PR001 instead of the P5005 number scene though.

edit. I WANT THAT ARTHUR SPRITE PIN.

edit2. First Signed Card is a Sothe. Second is a Roy.

Edited by Draxal

Kotaro Yamada's Cipher Anniversary picture is hella cute.

ClOwEBOVYAAUsZw.jpg

Looks like we might have a confirmed Hector card in the making

ClOy2bpUoAAhK7M.jpg

Edited by aubergine

I like the new commecial.

Guest list is Ike's VA; Hayato/Tsukiyomi's VA; the person who played Felicia at Comiket, and the Starter Exclusive Roy's artist.

Love the Gold for Jugdral.

ClOqRQdUYAAQbvC.jpg

obviously it's impossible to say for certain, but the credit looks like it just says "intelligent systems". damnit, i was hoping we'd finally get some answers on who did that original batch of manual art :(

A collection of more of the 1st Anniversary celebration pictures done by the various artists of Cipher.
Daisuke Izuka:
ClO0Z4RUkAEOA9L.jpg
ClO013CUoAAt2dC.jpg

Senri Kita:
ClO1M5GUoAARIiz.jpg

Maki Hakoda:
ClO1o0sUoAIZDsX.jpg

Rika Suzuki:
ClO5cOaVEAIl6co.jpg

Sachiko Wada:
ClO51sWVAAAUE4-.jpg

Tetsu Kurosawa:
ClO6GSjVEAAKYLP.jpg

Mayo:

ClO6h8hUgAAL3gs.jpg

Edited by aubergine

Is that link what I think that is??

A pre-order link, yeah.

Sadly, I was too shocked to take a screenshot, but the product description says it has 256 pages and releases 29th July 2016.

A FE10 book will be coming afterwards.

I think the Nintendo Dream team are working on the books.