Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sothe and Micaiah getting the SR+'s makes sense. Oh well, Ike still has my favorite SR art this set at least. But Roy and Lilina got SR+'s for Binding Blade right? Who got the third?

But really, I justwanna know more about those Tellius design books. Are they like, "making of" books? Or just art books? I think the Amazon link had "Cel" in the description, making me think it's the latter...

Edited by Together We Ride

Wow, a nice and intense livestream! Seems like a lot of images have already been shared here, but here is a link to my own album of images for anyone interested. I got nice shots of as many new cards shown as I could (I missed a few, Heather, Shanna, probably more), as well as the promo art and preview art, and a few fun shots too. Will have the formal article up in a few days.

Here's my unofficial summary of events as well, for anyone who missed it:

[spoiler=Summary]

Hosts: Ryota Kawade (Producer) and Tsutomu Kitanishi (Outrealm Salesman)
Guests: Michihiko Hagi (Ike's VA), Koutaro Yamada (FE6 Manga Author), VALSHE (Hayato's VA), and Riko Wakana (Felicia Cosplayer)

Hosts & Ike at first, joined by Felicia. Showing off the deck and box. 2 boxes are opened quickly to show off the sleeves and promos, and they opened a single pack to show off some individual cards. Discussion then progressed to the upcoming Caravan events, which are starting next week. Shortly after the group was joined by Koutarou Yamada and the bow-tie guy from the previous livestream, and the pack opening began in earnest! An early SR+ Sothe confirmed the return of signed cards. Other R+/SR+ cards shown include Soren, Roy (signed), Micaiah (signed), Narcian, Nailah R+, and Lilina SR+. Later they are joined by VALSHE, the VA for Hayato who sings a few songs, including the FE theme. Throughout the pack opening, many anniversary arts and miscellaneous promotional Cipher arts are shown. More information and artwork is shown for Series 6, and an PoR artbook is announced to be released in July as well. We finish up with a couple new arts for Series 7, Lyn and Ryoma.

Most of the stuff that actually took place was pretty straight-forward, but does anyone know what the Cipher Arena they were talking about will be?

Edited by Kirie

Sothe and Micaiah getting the SR+'s makes sense. Oh well, Ike still has my favorite SR art this set at least. But Roy and Lilina got SR+'s for Binding Blade right? Who got the third?

But really, I justwanna know more about those Tellius design books. Are they like, "making of" books? Or just art books? I think the Amazon link had "Cel" in the description, making me think it's the latter...

They are design books, so possibly something similar to Knights of Iris (the Awakening "artbook").

Basically concept art plus maybe some official artwork and new guest artwork (like the Ike and Elincia shown).

Edited by VincentASM

Well, that's certainly a surprise. I sure hope someone screenshotted all these reveals...

Kirie does them, I posted sshots of the big reveals from twitter (kizuna_fecipher), but there was still alot left to be posted.

Edited by Draxal

Thank you Kirie!

I wished they would have shown more N/HN/R cards, as those deserve love too!

Roy/Lilina SR+ make me happy but my wallet very sad.

My favorite card they revealed today was Nailah+, actually. Very very pretty card.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their boxes! My hype is at an all time high :D

Of all the sketches and artwork today, I think General Mackoya (playing Cipher with the Black Knight) was one of the last characters I expected to get some sort of drawing. What a strangely pleasant surprise.

Thank you Kirie!

I wished they would have shown more N/HN/R cards, as those deserve love too!

Yeah, we've seen relatively few of the N/HN cards from the set. I tried to grab as many shots as I could, but they definitely focused on those cards less than the flashy ones. I guess I'll just have that much more fun opening my packs and seeing the art I missed. :p

Also so ridiculously happy that Sophia got he last SR slot. >.> <.<

Thank you Kirie and Draxal for the screenshots! All the cards look amazing (Narcian's SR+ art makes him look even more insane than before, didn't know that was possible!), and that Ike and Elincia art is great!

They are design books, so possibly something similar to Knights of Iris (the Awakening "artbook").

Basically concept art plus maybe some official artwork and new guest artwork (like the Ike and Elincia shown).

Ah okay, just art then. I kinda like it better that way actually.

okay so, at the risk of embarrassing myself, the title of the series 6 booster pack (閃駆の騎影) is basically "Storm* of the Knights' Shadows". it would not surprise me if i'm off the mark here and i'm sorry

*first term is a composite of 閃 (flash, as in what light and lightning does) and 駆 (running, with historical meanings revolving around knightly advances), and "storm" sort of does an okay job of mashing those two connotations together

I didn't quite understand everything, but I got the impression the series title is meant to invoke Sigurd and Xander (and/or Genealogy and Nohr).

The "shadow" is clearly referring to Xander/Nohr, but not sure about the rest. The two kanjis with the horse symbols (riding and knights) seem to symbolise the fact that Sigurd and Xander are both mounted.

The "no" between the two kanjis is particularly interesting, because it looks like a forward slash, which I think is meant to act as a separator between the two factions.

Somebody more familiar with Japanese can probably understand the nuances a lot better ^^

I do recall them talking about the fact they they specifically chose the katakana for "no" instead of the hiragana, but my Japanese was way too poor to make out much of the conversation. I really ought to start picking that up again. >_<

Also, while I'm here, I want to point out that I was missing a few caps in my album. I had shots of Lugh R, Lilina SR+ & Elincia R+, and N Roy that for some reason were not included in the original album upload. I've since added them in, and also added them to the S5 OP. Working on updating the other OPs now.

• 1 month later...

What typo? >.> <.<

Anyway, to make this post a bit more substantial, what are people hoping to see in the livestream?

Obviously we should start getting to see some full S6 cards around then, so there should be some new shots of those, and maybe sleeve/promo images. I'm hoping we'll get some more information about some of the new mechanics and things hinted at as well. I'm expecting we'll get an S8 announcement and I'm thinking it'll probably be a combo of Sacred Stones and another repeat game.

Also, interestingly enough, Kitanishi is not listed as one of the hosts; instead we get... is that booster pack bow tie guy? Google translates the name as "Young". The host list will likely expand as we get closer.

What typo? >.> <.<

Anyway, to make this post a bit more substantial, what are people hoping to see in the livestream?

Obviously we should start getting to see some full S6 cards around then, so there should be some new shots of those, and maybe sleeve/promo images. I'm hoping we'll get some more information about some of the new mechanics and things hinted at as well. I'm expecting we'll get an S8 announcement and I'm thinking it'll probably be a combo of Sacred Stones and another repeat game.

Also, interestingly enough, Kitanishi is not listed as one of the hosts; instead we get... is that booster pack bow tie guy? Google translates the name as "Young". The host list will likely expand as we get closer.

It's "Yang", from Intelligent Systems apparently. I expect them to add more guests and hosts later.

Here's the livestream link in case some people want to timeshift.

From what I can understand from the description, it's S6 cards, a report for the 1 year anniversary event for Cipher and other news.

Personally, I'm mostly interested in Series 7 cards (Blazing Sword nostalgia...), but I'm still looking forward to this stream. I keep thinking that it has been a while since the previous one and it's always a enjoyable moment.

Yeah, the spacing of the livestreams leaves a long gap between the pre-release stream and the seasonal stream. Combined with the fact that there's been hardly any other news for a while, it's certainly a long drought of information.

It's usually 3 months per booster set release, that's pretty standard. But the information that comes in for them usually comes in between a month beforehand so we do get boring long days of nothing happening.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Yeah, it's always the same time between sets, but it feels like forever when you're in the middle of it. :p Doesn't help that I've been excited for FE4 cards since Cipher was first announce.

I'm also spoiled with the Pokémon TCG in comparison because there have been so many mini-sets this year that there's always some kind of news going on and something to be excited for.

I'm actually thinking it could either be Thracia 776 + Sacred Stones or Awakening and Shadow Dragon again. One of these choices.

I'm thinking it'll be one of a and one of b.

Edit.

I'm going to go with Shadow Dragon (focus on Gaiden) / Thracia 776. Then Awakening/Sacred Stones.

Yeah, it's always the same time between sets, but it feels like forever when you're in the middle of it. :p Doesn't help that I've been excited for FE4 cards since Cipher was first announce.

I'm also spoiled with the Pokémon TCG in comparison because there have been so many mini-sets this year that there's always some kind of news going on and something to be excited for.

Honestly, the Cipher Caravan is such black hole for news for the western audience.

Edited by Draxal