Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

There is also the possibilty of them still keeping set 14 a secret again till the actual set 14 stream. For them to keep it secret till now and have it be fates focused or warriors focused again would feel underwhelming imo, and would potentially lose sales on the set because of them falsely hyping up the set. However I do love the idea of a set focused on the mascots and building up the "boundless chaos" they hinted at in Echoes and cipher.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, GrimmLow said:

There is also the possibilty of them still keeping set 14 a secret again till the actual set 14 stream. For them to keep it secret till now and have it be fates focused or warriors focused again would feel underwhelming imo, and would potentially lose sales on the set because of them falsely hyping up the set. However I do love the idea of a set focused on the mascots and building up the "boundless chaos" they hinted at in Echoes and cipher.

Oh is there another livestream planned yet?  That is definitely possible then.  I thought we were kind of out of livestreams, but I'm still pretty new to all of this :3

I do agree it's weird for them to keep is secret and not live up to the hype.  Though I could see them doing something unusual that is unrelated to the next FE game as a reason to do that.  But yeah, keeping it secret and then having it just be Fates or something seems like a bad idea 

25 minutes ago, ksmith2282 said:

Oh is there another livestream planned yet?  That is definitely possible then.  I thought we were kind of out of livestreams, but I'm still pretty new to all of this :3

I do agree it's weird for them to keep is secret and not live up to the hype.  Though I could see them doing something unusual that is unrelated to the next FE game as a reason to do that.  But yeah, keeping it secret and then having it just be Fates or something seems like a bad idea 

We have 4 more livestreams (Set 13 spring livestream, set 13 pre release, set 14 stream, and set 14 pre release stream) till they reveal set 14 info. The May 26 stream is a talk about artwork and cards in the set. Then there's the Set 13 pre-release stream. This pretty goes over most or all the cards that are going to be in set 13 and the big kicker being artwork and news for future sets, for example the set 13 pre release stream will possibly go over and show artwork for set 14. Now that I think about it. This is turning to when the echoes set kept being secretive until echoes actually got announced, then the cipher stream that followed showed artwork for echoes in cipher.

Edited by GrimmLow

4 hours ago, GrimmLow said:

We have 4 more livestreams (Set 13 spring livestream, set 13 pre release, set 14 stream, and set 14 pre release stream) till they reveal set 14 info.

I wonder how you expect we'll get both the summer livestream and the S14 pre-release stream without getting any S14 info? :P

19 hours ago, GrimmLow said:

We have 4 more livestreams (Set 13 spring livestream, set 13 pre release, set 14 stream, and set 14 pre release stream) till they reveal set 14 info. The May 26 stream is a talk about artwork and cards in the set. Then there's the Set 13 pre-release stream. This pretty goes over most or all the cards that are going to be in set 13 and the big kicker being artwork and news for future sets, for example the set 13 pre release stream will possibly go over and show artwork for set 14. Now that I think about it. This is turning to when the echoes set kept being secretive until echoes actually got announced, then the cipher stream that followed showed artwork for echoes in cipher.

Ah.  With FE Switch most likely being shown at e3 (if it's still coming this year it almost has to be), I guess that works out well to not spoil things since that should be early June.  I don't know what the stream schedule is but I can't imagine there would be another one between the 26th and June 13th, so that leaves any stream after that as a reasonable place to show set 14 assuming it's based on FE Switch. (Edit: Unless the s13 pre-release stream is too much earlier since that set hits late June.  I could see that as a good place to tease set 14 if it's just after e3)

Edited by ksmith2282

• 2 weeks later...

i spent my morning watching japanese people eat fruit incorrectly and all i got were these lousy fates sets

S15 looks interesting besides Fates but I don't think it's physically possible for me to be more disinterested in the loadout for S14. Don't really care about Tellius and basically everyone who matters from the 3DS games already has a card. I'm not sure why they bothered with secrecy.

Edited by Iridium

And the livestream is over! You can check out my caps album here.

Hosts & Guests: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (Young), Eri Suzuki (VA for Soleil, Delthea, and Emma), Satomi Arai (VA for Loki), and Mystery Guest Hiroki Morishita (various music/sound related work for FE since FE12).

Kawade, Young, and Eri were all present at the beginning of the stream. They showed off some upcoming merchandise and discussed some upcoming events. They announced a new event for the summer, likely similar to last year's Cipher Festival, though few details are known. Card reveals started shortly after, focusing on cards for FE7. It was revealed that the ST cards will be border free (similar to R cards) and some will have alternate artwork. They also showed off many new cards, including some new characters.

After the FE7 reveals, the group was joined by Satomi and then later the announced "mystery guest", who ended up being Hiroki Morishita. He discussed some aspects of working on the sound direction for Heroes, and then they showed off some of the Heroes related cards. Satomi received a couple cards of Loki as a gift. After Satomi and Morishita leave, the card reveals continue with Shadow Dragon, and also the S13 tournie promo cards.

Towards the end, we also finally get a title list for S14 and also S15! S14 will feature Tellius, Awakening, and Hoshido, while S15 will feature New Mystery, Jugdral, and Nohr. We also get a few pieces of art for S14 and an in-process sketch of Master Knight Leif for S15.

And with a resounding "Ichi, Ni, Cipher!" the stream comes to a close. They'll be back to the pre-release livestream for S13 on 23 June.

• 4 weeks later...

As a reminder to everyone, the pre-release livestream for S13 is tomorrow! I'll be watching live as usual so I can share caps and a summary afterward.

The pre-release stream has now come to a close! You can check out my full album of caps here. I'll update the individual threads later when I have a moment.

Hosts & Quests: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (Young), Yuuki Kuwahara (VA for Ophelia and Nieve), Makiko Ohmoto (VA for Lyn), and Tsutomu Kitanishi ("Outrealm Salesman" & previous livestream host).

Kawade, Yuuki, and Young are all present at the beginning of the stream. Kawade is even rocking a fancy white suit for the Cipher 3rd Anniversary! Kitanishi arrives soon afterward, bringing an anniversary cake. They also bring out a Nieve cake for Yuuki's birthday (which is 24 June). Kawade opens up the ST Deck and a single booster pack to show off a few cards and the promos. They also show off samples of the promo clear files and the S12 artbook that will be coming out soon.

Soon after, the pack opening begins! All four hosts begin opening up packs to find cards to show off, but they've barely started when Makiko arrives. The first few featured cards are signed + cards for Hector, Lyn, Laevatein, Matthew, and Ninian. We also get new Rs for Lloyd and Alfonse, and SRs for Nils and Athena. Some new N/HN cards/characters are also revealed. Finally, S13 also has two special secret cards featuring chibi-style art of Ninian and Laevatein.

During pack opening, the hosts kept the audience entertained with a few activities. Makiko read some of Lyn's quotes from her card. We got to hear some sample audio from the upcoming Echoes Drama CD as well. Kawade shows off an illustrated guide to starting up Cipher. They also discuss changes to upcoming Cipher tournaments, announcing an upcoming rotation format. They also show off some of the merchandise that will be available at the upcoming Cipher Summer Party.

At the end of the stream, they revealed some art from the upcoming S14, confirming that TMS#FE characters will also be included! They also showed the Japanese trailer for Three Houses, followed by an announcement that S16 in March 2019 will be a Three Houses set!

After all of these relevations, the stream comes to a close with a hearty "Ichi! Ni! Cipher!" Kawade and Young will be back for the next Summer Livestream probably sometime in August.

Here is my album with caps for the Summer Livestream! I'm feeling very sick so I'm just dumping the whole album here for now; I'll update individual threads later.

1 hour ago, GrimmLow said:

Huh. Kirie did it say that set 16 would be Three Houses set back in previous livestream? Or was it changed? 

Three Heroes did appear last stream, and they showed the trailer again, but they didn't say anything concrete about when the cards would appear in Cipher.

The next livestream is coming soon! The Cipher Autumn 2018 livestream will be airing in little over a week on 10 November. Satomi Satou (VA for F!Corrin) and Hibiku Yamamura (VA for Shade and Rinea) will be appearing as guests.

More information about the stream, including links to watch live via both NicoNico and YouTube, can be found on the official site here.

Unfortunately, I already have plans for this day, so I will be unable to watch along live. I will, however, update the appropriate threads with cards and art information when I can, probably early the following week.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I wasn't able to watch along live, I did put together an album of the cards and art from today's stream for everyone's enjoyment! The caps come thanks to Kizuna's blog. Check out the album here.

Here's quick rundown of the contents:

• A lot of new S15 cards, as expected. Some notables include SRs for F!Corrin and Leif, an alternate art SR+ for Tiki, Rs for Quan and Xander, reclassed cards for Minerva, Yuliya, and Yubelo, and cards for unknown and new characters, such as Malice and Leylea. F!Corrin SR will also be available as a signed SR+ version.
  • New art for all four titles of S16 (FE6, RD, Echoes, and Heroes), including new characters Gale, Nomah, and Brave Veronica. We also got an official title (translation pending) and release date (22 March).
  • Funnily enough, we did not get a release announcement for S17. If you're optimistic like me, you can assume this means S17 is the Three Houses set.
  • Formal Comiket 95 announcement, including booth number (useful for those attending) and a sneak peak at some Summer Corrin art.
  • A very wholesome mural by Kawade illustrating the end of Shadow Dragon.

Here are all of my caps from today's pre-release livestream! I'll work on adding specific stuff to the set threads shortly.

Hosts & Guests: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (Young), Eri Suzuki (VA for Emma, Delthea, and Soleil), Kazuo Natsuka (VA for Hinoka and Nanna), Yuko Oguma (Cipher Artist), Tetsu Kurosawa (Cipher Artist), Yamada Kotaro (FE6 Manga and Cipher Artist), and Tsutomu Kitanishi (Outrealms Salesman, old Cipher stream host).

The stream starts off with Kawade, Eri, and Young in attendance. Santa Kawade is ready for Christmas, complete with a tree decoration in the background. After some banter, and Kazuo's arrival, card reveals begin! New cards include SRs for Kinshi Hinoka and Ogma, as well as some new N/HN reveals.

In between card openings, we also get some more guest visitors and a look at Comiket merch. Kitanishi also arrives to talk about the FE Expo! I couldn't understand hardly anything of what was going on, but I know VincentASM will have an article up on Serenes Forest soon with all the details we know so far.

S16 card reveals include new art for many characters from all games, including the revelation that Roy will be the center of a whopping 9-card joined-art! S17 was also announced and will feature characters from all FE games, including the spin-offs Heroes and TMS#FE.

3 minutes ago, Sartek said:

Isn't the pegasus knight supposed to be a Hasha no Tsurugi character (Seldia I think her name was or something like this)? She doesn't look much like Thite.

That could certainly be! I just assumed it was Thite since I didn't recall them saying anything about Hasha characters being in the set (and admittedly I'm not very familiar with the manga). Looking up the character in question, though, I think you're right. I'll update the album to reflect this. Thank you! ^^

Still slightly sad that we are kept in the dark in terms of Three Houses info. However Set 17 is the most epic set I've even seen and best of all Sacred Stones is back!!

• 4 weeks later...

Reminder to everyone that the Winter Livestream airs today! I'll be unable to watch along live this time, but I'll post up caps and information to the various threads as usual sometime later (likely Monday at the latest).