Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

1 hour ago, Yaen said:

We know it's more likely an SR dual Artwork. And the other Tiki is probably a N/HN according to this poster.

Ah, yes, thanks, I forgot we had already seen that Tiki as a sort of half-card.

I honestly hadn't considered that Tiki/Lucina might be a dual art, though it could also be an R+ dual art.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ScarletFlame said:

but is it the man that most japanese used to defeat bloom tho

Getting Holsety!Arthur is kinda hard, and I'm not sure about you but I wouldn't trust the newly acquired Aless despite his Mystletainn over Shanan, who's prepromoted and has like 30 speed. I cannot think of anyone else being able to challenge a Baron with a 30 mt tome.

9 hours ago, Yaen said:

We know it's more likely an SR dual Artwork. And the other Tiki is probably a N/HN according to this poster.

CzOGN2jUkAAtfM7.jpg

Looking at this poster now the Altenna card was shown to be an N/HN, but ended up being an SR. There are chances that Tiki shown there may also be an SR. It most likely won't because that artwork mirrors child Tiki's artwork from Set 1. Oh boy, I'm exited.

Edited by SalShich10N

Could be a secret R or R+ variant. Who knows! Just hope I pull it lol.

There aren't a ton of cards it super want from this set most likely, so I hope I do get Tiki, Altenna, Leif, and slip at least.

I know better than to hope for that Chrom exalt SR+but damnnnnnn

I'm glad Gant is getting a card, he's my favorite Ace Attorney character.

So based on what we learned for the future, my predictions are...

• Series 10 (September) will feature Thracia 776 and Sacred Stones (which would be confirmed if Leif gets a R+X in Series 8). Though this seems too obvious so they might try something different.
  • Meanwhile, Series 11 (December) will be a "greatest hits" set with characters from every game and the OCs from Warriors (if there are any) and Heroes. Everyone in Warriors and the Choose Your Legends variants of Lyn, Ike, Roy, and Lucina will also get new cards.
  • Alternatively, Series 11 will be something else entirely and the Heroes/Warriors characters will be promos or something.

Though what they'll do after that before the Switch game is released is anyone's guess...

3 hours ago, Kirie said:

Cipher keeps throwing curve balls at us. It's equal parts annoying and fun.

...But because of this I'll probably be wrong.

Yeah I really hope Shannan gets at least an R or something, if there's not enough SR slots for him. There is that other art of him that shown in an earlier stream, though, but it doesn't seem to be blingy or dynamic enough as SRs often are. Might be his N.

I used Larcei to beat Bloom

But I used Larcei to beat like, everyone so I don't count

• 3 weeks later...

More information about this weekend's livestream guests has now been announced! Yuzuke Kozaki and Eri Suzuki will be making return appearances, and we'll also be joined by Kumi Tanaki (the VA for Nowi and Aversa) and Kenichi Hatori who has been involved in Fire Emblem helping with, I believe, weapon design. And, of course, Ryota Kawade and Young as usual.

13 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Y not SS?

IKR? Literally every game, even Heroes, will have cards before SS.

UGH at more Fates cards as well. I like those games but man am I super burnt out on them when it comes to cipher.

But yay! Alphonse and Sharena cards!

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Here all of my screencaps from the livestream. I'll update individual threads later. Summary below:

Hosts: Ryota Kawade, Young, Eri Suzuki

Guests: Yuzuke Kozaki (character designer/artist for Awakening and Fates), Kumi Tanaki (the VA for Nowi and Aversa) and Kenichi Hatori (weapons designer)

They started off with a discussion about the Piano Arrangement CD and upcoming concert, showing off some merchandise that I believe will be sold at the concert. Then, Kawade opened up a booster box and we were granted our first look at the S8 booster box contents. The S9 preview promo cards are of Alm and Celica, the holo marker cards are based off of the two C91 designs (character art and dot art), and the sleeves are of Sumia and Lissa for Awakening and Deirdre for Genealogy. We also a look at a few cards from a pack he opened. They then showed off postcards for the S8 promo and also some promos that I believe are the S8 tournament promos.

They were shortly after joined by Kimu Tanaki, and showed off some new cards of her characters. They then played some kind of game or something, I don't really get it, but the audience was voting on things the hosts wrote on a board. Some more card reveals, and then discussion of S9, including shots of Echoes artwork for the video game and also for Cipher, and a look at the Valentia complete edition. New S9 art includes: Valbo, Tobin, Mae, Jemmie, Raigh, Rafiel, and Ike.

After some more revealed cards, Tanaki leaves and Kozaki arrives. After some chatting, they finally announce the titles for S10: Thracia 776, Fates, and Heroes! No artwork is shown yet, though. They then discuss the recent Cipher Sai events, and show off some coloured pictures that people made of Ike and Chrom. Then, Kenichi Hatori joins in for a bit, and they show off and discuss some of his replica prop weapons.

After Hatori leaves, Kozaki shows off a selection of cards that he's been holding onto, including SR+ joined art of Seliph and Julia, and the final Genealogy SR: Patty. Kozaki shows off an Alphonse he sketched during the show, and also shows some pages from his book, which includes both VG and Cipher FE art. Then they read some fanmail and showed off fanart. After a bit more discussion, the stream comes to a close.

Thanks a ton, Kirie!

I'm mostly lukewarm on this set overall - not may favorite games, but there are definitely some cards I really want (Exalt Chrom, Tiki, Seliph - I love his + because it has the parents omg), but overall it's okay. I'm still glad I got two boxes, but set 9 I'm really gonna spaz and ramp it up, especially if the Gaiden cards are similar in style to that Tobin.

Really got those boxes so I can get  that Alm/Celica :P

Here's to a speedy delivery!

I was beginning to suspect that Sety wasn't gonna get the R when I recalled that a Thracia set was coming, but I didn't expect Leif to be excluded. Anyways I like everyone in gen 2 and every best girl got a foil. I personally feel satisfied.

Has Intelligent Systems one off the charts lately with the incest implications, or is it just me?

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Have we seen every rare?

And honestly, if set 10 is Thracia and the Secret Rare usually skips a set, then you can bet that Leif is the Secret Rare.

let's see

SR: Seliph (+), Julia (+), Shannan (+), Altenna, Julius and... Patty

R: Seliph, Larcei, Tinny, Fee, Leen, Aless, Alvis.

So yeah, we're missing a single R, it could very well be Leif. I am so dumbfounded by Patty getting the SR, but I dig it she's very cute.

1 minute ago, SalShich10N said:

let's see

SR: Seliph (+), Julia (+), Shannan (+), Altenna, Julius and... Patty

R: Seliph, Larcei, Tinny, Fee, Leen, Aless, Alvis.

So yeah, we're missing a single R, it could very well be Leif. I am so dumbfounded by Patty getting the SR, but I dig it she's very cute.

You missed Febail

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Hardin said:

The next stream will be May 13, and Hibiki Yamamura who voice Rinea in Echoes will be hosting with Kawade and Young. 

https://fecipher.jp/event/niconico_14/

May 13 may be awhile, but it is worth the wait. (I can't strikethrough on mobile. So sorry) I can't wait to understand nothing they are saying and stare in awe at the card art they reveal.

Edited by GrimmLow
Typing error

• 4 weeks later...

Eckkkk ... why no SS though?  Literally, the only two cards I could give a shit about in the fates deck are Iago and Hans.  But I bet we'll just get more class change orientated cards for the kids ... :/