Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a recent tweet from @fecipher, it looks like the Japanese VAs for Xander (Katsuyuki Konishi) and Soleil (Eri Suzuki) will appear during the coming livestream!

^Yooooooo that is some awesome news! I flipping love Konishi's portrayal for Xander. I hope they bring Yuuichi Nakamura (Ryoma's VA) in the next show because he's also one of my favorite seiyuus, considering Ryoma will probably be the lord of series 7.

Yeah, with Nohr taking the highlight this time around, and given that there aren't any VAs for FE4 or FE7, I'm guessing we'll see some Hoshidans for the Winter set streams. Should be very cool. :3

I wonder which Nohrian Fates characters will receive reprints, think we'll see a Nohrian Felicia? But the most important thing for me will be if they'll be focusing purely on Gen 1 of Descent of Jihad Genealogy of the Holy War or if they'll be focusing also on the 2nd gen. Every set has around 30 characters per game they represent and both generation in FE4 have around 25 different characters. They could very well make a Gen 1 set, Gen 2 set AND a Thracia 776 set just to rub it on Kaga's face. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they just cut out a lot of characters because Intelligent Systems likes to pretend the Jugdral games do not exist, but that has lessened a lot recently.

I just want my Master Knight Leif, damn it.

I'm guessing that it's just Gen 1 for FE4 if only because we haven't seen any Gen 2 at all, and I'm thinking we would have seen Seliph by now at least. Livestream and leaks should hope clarify, of course, but there are certainly enough Gen 1 characters for them to split it up completely.

I know they were just released (trust me my wallet is hurting from picking up a pair for collectors purposes). But these are the first limited promos in a long time that were brand new cards gameplay wise and not from magazine/book distribution (asides from Chrom in base set 1 and even he isn't as hard as to get as these at the time). All other super rare promos were alternate art copies of existing cards (Marth from collector's edition/Corrins from the collector's edition 3ds/opera marth/Azura from comiket before she dropped like a rock). I'm just hoping these two were the other way around just like boxtoppers, keep the exclusive art for the promos.

Edited by Draxal

I know they were just released (trust me my wallet is hurting from picking up a pair for collectors purposes). But these are the first limited promos in a long time that were brand new cards gameplay wise and not from magazine/book distribution (asides from Chrom in base set 1 and even he isn't as hard as to get as these at the time). All other super rare promos were alternate art copies of existing cards (Marth from collector's edition/Corrins from the collector's edition 3ds/opera marth/Azura from comiket before she dropped like a rock). I'm just hoping these two were the other way around just like boxtoppers, keep the exclusive art for the promos.

I am not sure if you're into other card games, but usually when it comes to promos they tend to be crazy expensive based more on how good they're at the game itself. Chances are that they're expensive because they're very good cards. In this case the best thing to do as a collector is lay low for now and let the Power Creep hit the game, then older cards become cheaper.

Then again, if this game is more dominated by collectors than players, then that card is only gonna get expensive, specially if people who work at the game control the 2nd hand market behind the scenes. That happens more often than you think.

I am not sure if you're into other card games, but usually when it comes to promos they tend to be crazy expensive based more on how good they're at the game itself. Chances are that they're expensive because they're very good cards. In this case the best thing to do as a collector is lay low for now and let the Power Creep hit the game, then older cards become cheaper.

Then again, if this game is more dominated by collectors than players, then that card is only gonna get expensive, specially if people who work at the game control the 2nd hand market behind the scenes. That happens more often than you think.

None of the PRs in the game get over the top except like... maybe guidebook promos and they aren't too bad to find price wise. Gameplay isn't an issue for the Felicia / Flora cards, it's how to obtain them: Which is from the cipher caravan and they get expensive on auction sites :p

Other expensive promos are the swimsuit Sakura and Elise, which are Comiket Exclusives. In short it's the method to obtain them, not gameplay wise.

I'm quite familiar with card games, but most of these promos are equivalent to alternate art judge promos from magic or the SDC planeswalkers from Magic, extremely valuable due to lack of availability.

The only exceptions are Robin from the guidebook promo (who alot of decks use when the spice a little blue in) really. Flora/Felicia are the first new cards that aren't alternate art promos that have really limited availability. Basically, a player would have to go to four separate Cipher Caravan events to get a playset of these.

edit. I seriously forgot Elise and Sakura as well, most expensive promos but both are alternate arts.

Edited by Draxal

• 3 weeks later...

Depends, how many people do you think will be watching?

hmm, I've never seen livestreams since Sigurd or Seliph was never involved, but I'd guess few. Cipher seems niche as I don't believe non-FE fans take it too seriously. Then again, this is both Conquest AND Holy War, which have some of the most dedicated fans. I think I won't get kicked out.

Will these be re-uploaded on youtube or something once they finish?

Edited by SalShich10N

hmm, I've never seen livestreams since Sigurd or Seliph was never involved, but I'd guess few. Cipher seems niche as I don't believe non-FE fans take it too seriously. Then again, this is both Conquest AND Holy War, which have some of the most dedicated fans. I think I won't get kicked out.

Will these be re-uploaded on youtube or something once they finish?

No, they're only available to be re-watched on niconico after the stream finishes.

I think you need a premium account for that.

I'm pretty sure there will be enough people to force kicking people out as well, so I guess it depends if you're lucky or not.

I've only been kicked out once myself and was able to get back in decent quickly, but it does suck, especially since I want to take caps for the site and all. I might splurge on a premium membership one of these days.

I've been pretty lucky I guess - I didn't even know kicking was a thing. Thanks guys, now I'm worried lol

I'm pretty excited to see what kind of crazy thing they'll do this time. If I recall correctly, in the last stream they brought out a rotisserie chicken. For like no reason. They didn't eat it, and it was taken away minutes later. Like wut?

My full screencaps of images can be found here.

Today's Hosts: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (from Intelligent Systems), Katsuyuki Konishi (Xander's Japanese VA), and Eri Suzuki (Soleil's Japanese VA)

Kawade, Young, and Suzuki are hosting at the opening. Suzuki gets a cake and a Cipher card for Soleil's birthday. FE4 is announced to be arrived on the New 3DS Virtul Console. Discussion then turned to the recently concluded Cipher Caravan events, with many photos of tournaments and other fun stuff. Red, Black, and Blue were the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the Cipher Derby at Caravan.

They showed several Yellow cards from S6, then were joined by Konishi who brought a large Xander card in. Soon after began the Black card reveals, as well as Konishi showing off the jumbo signed Xander card. They then swap over to a pre-shot video of Young visiting a card shop. The official title for S7 is revealed (still waiting for a translation), and then they show off a bunch of new artwork for cards in that set as well. It is also announced that S7 will release on December 7th.

S8 is also announced and will contain cards from Awakening and Genealogy of the Holy War. Art of Altenna is shown, implying that S8 will focus on Gen 2 characters. Right before the end, some posters are shown off of Xander and Ryoma's new joined artwork. The posters are then flipped over to reveal new art of Sigurd and Arvis fighting, possibly to be used in the upcoming S8.

Feel free to ask questions or point out any corrections if noted. I can't read Japanese very well, so any help on translating those text pieces that I couldn't decipher would be useful as well.

I think Arvis and Sigurd posters will be from S6 personally. Sigurd's SR hasn't been revealed yet.

Hana really gets the short end of the stick with all of her cipher art.

Edited by Draxal