Cipher Live Stream Discussion - Winter 2019 Livestream - 16 February!

aubergine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full guest list for tomorrow's stream has now been updated! Full host/guest list is as follows: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (Intelligent Systems), Hagi Michihiko (Ike's VA), Hidenori Takahashi (Odin/Owain's VA), Eri Suzuki (Soleil's VA), Rei Kondoh (Awakening/Fates Composer), Hiroki Morishita (Red Cav, Fates Composer), and Takeru Kanazaki (Green Cav, Fates Composer).

The tweet that announced the update also made mention of what I believe will be a performance between the 3 composers during the stream? Should be cool!

I will be around to cap/summarize this livestream, as usual. Plan on seeing a lot of the remaining cards, especially the +s (we've seen so few of them!), hopefully some more art and tidbits for S8, and perhaps even some additional details for S9 and upcoming Caravan/Sai merch.

The full guest list for tomorrow's stream has now been updated! Full host/guest list is as follows: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (Intelligent Systems), Hagi Michihiko (Ike's VA), Hidenori Takahashi (Odin/Owain's VA), Eri Suzuki (Soleil's VA), Rei Kondoh (Awakening/Fates Composer), Hiroki Morishita (Red Cav, Fates Composer), and Takeru Kanazaki (Green Cav, Fates Composer).

The tweet that announced the update also made mention of what I believe will be a performance between the 3 composers during the stream? Should be cool!

I will be around to cap/summarize this livestream, as usual. Plan on seeing a lot of the remaining cards, especially the +s (we've seen so few of them!), hopefully some more art and tidbits for S8, and perhaps even some additional details for S9 and upcoming Caravan/Sai merch.

I would love to see the additional games for the S9 and some art for characters like Julia and Tinny.

My caps can all be found here, and here's my summary:

Hosts & Guests: Ryota Kawade (Cipher Producer), Young (Intelligent Systems), Hagi Michihiko (Ike's VA), Hidenori Takahashi (Odin/Owain's VA), Eri Suzuki (Soleil's VA), Rei Kondoh (Awakening/Fates Composer), Hiroki Morishita (Red Cav, Fates Composer), and Takeru Kanazaki (Green Cav, Fates Composer).

Kawade, Suzuki, and Young to start us off. Kawade and Young are in Christmas costumes! They open a booster to show off the promotional goodies, then Kawade opens a single pack to show off some of the unreleased cards. The big basket of packs is brought out and people start opening packs, looking for signed or other interesting cards. We're joined by the Cavalier Duo who perform a Christmas song and then come over to help opening packs.

While they open packs, discussion turns to the upcoming Comiket event, and much new merchandise is revealed, including Players Box contents, artbooks, playmats, and a CD of music performed during the Caravan events of the past summer. Rei Kondoh joins in the fun, talking with the others about some of the music of Fates, and playing some songs on his mini piano. Kawade shows off some more unseen cards, and then Kondoh and the Cavs put on another musical performance.

Discussion turns to the upcoming S8 set; more artwork, a title, and a release date are all revealed, along with an R+X card for Roy, revealing that he will play a large role in S9. They are joined by Hidemori Takahashi, and everyone has fun making Owain impersonations. Artwork is shown off for S8, and then Hagi Michihiko joins the party to play a game of Cipher against Kawade (spoilers: Michihiko wins).

Afterwards, they show off some more artwork for S9, revealing that Tellius cards will also be featured, though one other colour will also be included in the set that is still unknown. The last purple SR (Nino) and SR+ (Eliwood) are revealed, some information is recapped, and the livestream comes to a close.

---

A few questions:

- What are those paper things for anyway?

- Can anyone translate the S8 title for me and/or share what that one other text shot is that I have? (I think it's an upcoming tournament)

- If there's anything else important that I missed, feel free to point it out.

Edited by Kirie

> What are those paper things for anyway?

Those are Die-Cut Paper Badges. (11 kinds + 2 Secrets. Probably IS will sell those badges randomly.)

> Can anyone translate the S8 title

生と死- 運命の先へ

Life and Death - Over the Destiny.(?)

> If there's anything else...

- Storyline of Awakening in S8 is, 'If Chrom became a Risen King'. This is a fictional storyline made for Cipher that different from the original story on the game. Also Kawade-san said S8 have a special gimmick related to Risen cards.

- The S9 Tellius cards focuses on Laguz.

- New Elise (and Sakura, probably) promo set will distribute at Cipher-sai.

> What are those paper things for anyway?

Those are Die-Cut Paper Badges. (11 kinds + 2 Secrets. Probably IS will sell those badges randomly.)

> Can anyone translate the S8 title

生と死- 運命の先へ

Life and Death - Over the Destiny.(?)

> If there's anything else...

- Storyline of Awakening in S8 is, 'If Chrom became a Risen King'. This is a fictional storyline made for Cipher that different from the original story on the game. Also Kawade-san said S8 have a special gimmick related to Risen cards.

- The S9 Tellius cards focuses on Laguz.

- New Elise (and Sakura, probably) promo set will distribute at Cipher-sai.

Sweet! Thanks for all the help. :D I really need to get back to my Japanese lessons.

I think Life and Death: Crossroads of Fate works much better as a title, personally.

I might as well make you my official title translator by now. :P

Bump it up to note that the Winter livestream has been confirmed for February 11th! As usual, I'll watch and post a bunch of caps and a summary afterward.

• 3 weeks later...

Guest information for this weekend's livestream has now been posted! It looks like Kawade and Young will be joined by voice actors Juri Kimura (Mozu, Nyx), Tarusuke Shingaki (Stahl, Gerome, Saizo), and Manabu Sakamaki (Kellam, Gangrel).

Livestream is over! I'll get individual cards/art added to the respective pages later, but for now, my album of caps can be seen here.

Hosts & Guests: Ryota Kawade, Young, Juri Kimura (VA: Mozu, Nyx), Tarusuke Shingaki (VA: Stahl, Gerome, Saizo), and Manabu Sakamaki (VA: Kellam, Gangrel).

Kawade, Young, and Kimura start us off with a discussion of Heroes and the upcoming Piano CD is followed by a quick look at a number of S8 Genealogy cards. Afterwards, the group is joined by Shingaki, then they jump into showing an assortment of S8 Awakening cards. The livestream jumps to a short presentation of Young visiting a card shop. When they swap back to the recording room, Shingaki is gone and a board is brought out with names of various FE titles: Gaiden, Thracia 776, Heroes, Sacred Stones, and FE Warriors. Games that get a ribbon on the board will see a Cipher release sometime in 2018.

The first game to get a ribbon is Gaiden, as expected since we already know that we'll be seeing Gaiden cards in S9, as previously announced. Discussion then turns to the upcoming Echoes: Shadows of Valentia release, including some sound clips of the remastered music for the new release. We get a few new shots of artwork for S9, which will also include characters from the FE6 manga and Tellius, and an official title (waiting for translation still) and release date (June 22nd). The next title marked is Thracia 776.

Shortly after, a new, unannounced guest appears. I didn't catch his name, but he's a director for FE Heroes. Shortly after, Heroes is marked on the board for a Cipher release! Discussion turns to the Heroes game, where the Director shows off a stuffed owl he has of the owl in-game. They also announce some upcoming characters that will be coming to the game and show off artwork for Seliph and Julia (Genealogy) and Ephraim and Eirika (Sacred Stones), though no date is given.

Sacred Stones and FE Warriors both get the ribbon treatment, though like Thracia, no further information is given at this time. Young visits another shop, and during the break the Director leaves and the group is now joined by Sakamaki, who is actually a TCG and FE fan himself and plays Cipher. They take a moment to show off his deck and chat for a while.

He leaves, and discussion turns to the upcoming Cipher Sai events. They show some shots from the previous event, and also images of the merch available, including a reveal of the "mystery" playmat, which will feature Lucina and Tiki. They show a preset game for teaching purposes, how draft tournaments will work, and Kawade poses with a fake Armads that will be available for pictures. After showing some art (that I'm still not quite sure what it's for yet), the livestream comes to a close.

Oh boy!! Can they start making the stuffed Feh for sell? I would love to have one haha!

Finally Sacred Stones is coming! Probably for this december, I can't wait, I want to see Innes cards already. The next series cards look awesome, for sure I need that Ares R card!! Also, Gerome whitout his mask is cool too

Woaw, Vaike is finally getting a second card! And damn, Alm and Celica are getting some really good looking cards!

I'm hype! Thanks for the intel Kirie!

Edit : Also there is Gant, will we see the two other protagonist of the manga? I sure hope so.

Edited by Ycine

1 hour ago, Ycine said:

Woaw, Vaike is finally getting a second card! And damn, Alm and Celica are getting some really good looking cards!

I'm hype! Thanks for the intel Kirie!

Edit : Also there is Gant, will we see the two other protagonist of the manga? I sure hope so.

We already saw a sketch of Al. All of the main Hasha no Tsurugi players will probably be included, yeah.

Odd, for all the promotion they've given to Tiki I figured she was an SR, but instead she got an R. She might also get a 3rd card if the artwork from the mat comes from a card. I'm gonna be mad if the 6 SRs from Awakening are Good Chrom, Risen Chrom, Good Robin, Grima Robin and Good Lucina, Risen Lucina.

As for the Jugdral side, I'm gonna be mad if Shannan with his Balmung just gets that HN and an unpromoted N. I mean come on he's probably the one who destroyed Bloom and his bullshit Mjölnir for most people, he's a highlight character that was relevant since Generation 1 and in both manga.

Edited by SalShich10N

4 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

As for the Jugdral side, I'm gonna be mad if Shannan with his Balmung just gets that HN and an unpromoted N. I mean come on he's probably the one who destroyed Bloom and his bullshit Mjölnir for most people, he's a highlight character that was relevant since Generation 1 and in both manga.

but is it the man that most japanese used to defeat bloom tho

5 hours ago, SalShich10N said:

Odd, for all the promotion they've given to Tiki I figured she was an SR, but instead she got an R. She might also get a 3rd card if the artwork from the mat comes from a card. I'm gonna be mad if the 6 SRs from Awakening are Good Chrom, Risen Chrom, Good Robin, Grima Robin and Good Lucina, Risen Lucina.

There are 2 pieces of Tiki art that we've yet to see a card for: The art from the sleeves and Comiket playmat, and the art from the Sai playmat. It might just be R+ art and art from, say, a magazine or guidebook promo, or it still could be an SR or something, too.

I would also be upset if the Awakening SRs end up being so limited, though. I guess we'll see how it goes.

12 hours ago, Kirie said:

We already saw a sketch of Al. All of the main Hasha no Tsurugi players will probably be included, yeah.

I wasn't paying attention... But thank you again.