Villager Promotion Theory

Azz

So I was looking at all the classes we have, and every class we have has some promotion except villager(Which we know since Donnel).However do you think they may do villagers like they did in Gaiden?I can't remember how exactly they did it but I know that as a villager you could promote into several different things but I believe there was some form of randomness involved.

Basically

Villager promotions:

Samurai if SKL is highest stat

Lancer if STR is highest stat

Spellcaster if MAG is highest stat etc...

It would be cool considering the new limitations on reclassing.

Edited by Azz01

So I was looking at all the classes we have, and every class we have has some promotion except villager(Which we know since Donnel).However do you think they may do villagers like they did in Gaiden?I can't remember how exactly they did it but I know that as a villager you could promote into several different things but I believe there was some form of randomness involved.

You cycled through the available classes to make villagers in Gaiden.

I just hope they can class change into something that can wield SPEARS this time (dangit Donny!) I'm assuming that villager will have to follow the same rules as the other classes and have only two promotions. one I'm hoping is lancer, and the other one I have no idea...kinda hopeing it's Oni because I haven't seen another one yet.

I like the potential of your idea Azz01, basically a tyrogue to hitmonlee, hitmonchan or hitmontop situation. The villager's SKL STR and MAG growths should also be 50% each so that any one of them could be the highest. It would also add more replay value. And yes, in Gaiden the promoted randomly into either Mage, Soldier, Cavalier or Mercenary.

Edited by Blue Druid

Seems pretty interesting, I also thought of the tyrogue comparison. Though villager changing into spellcaster seems a little awkward to me; I'd personally replace it with Oni if Def is highest. Maybe even change Samurai to Speed and add in Bowman for Skill.

Oni seem pretty culture specific so I wouldn't count on it. And can you really imagine the delicate Mozume being the same class as Rinka?

I can see Samurai and Lancer though. All evidence points to characters having two base classes so these seem the most likely.

^ i kinda doubt that Oni will be that restricted, For example my guess is that from the skills that Hana showcased (strength seal and that line of death thing seems Oni-like plus Oni is one of the only un-promoted classes we have no skills for) that she can reclass to Oni, that is just me guessing though. I am still undecided if the class fits mozume though.

honestly, i'd do mercenary, fighter/oni, and lancer.

i'm not sure about random, because... i have a terrible history with fighters, and it doesn't add to replay value for me- it would add to a "frustration" value, however.

[spoiler=Spoiler Concerning Mozume]

Mozume is apparently recruitable in Nohr as well so that opens up some other interesting possibilities. Maybe Cavalier and Mercenary?