Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

Strange. How does it interact with Parallel Seals?

I reclassed Felicia to Strategist very early to use her Mag stat and she was getting unpromoted exp. They just seem special (like I assume it's unique that Felicia gets her ice crystals during attacks, even during E rank fire spells. >_>)

Though notably I don't know yet if she can still go past 20, but I imagine so.

Edited by XeKr

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the main site says "Defence Seal" but it's still a bit uhm..by what I mean is, I actually just realized the wiki says "Defense Seal".

So should it be Defence Seal, or Defense Seal? The problems with english man...

What is your wiki written in primarily? Have you been using colour, armour, favourite, etc.? If not, go with defense. If yes, go with defence. I imagine the game will be localised (ha! another one!) as defense though, unless EU is getting its own translation and/or they give it a pass-over before releasing.

Just double checking…

The data on this site says that Diamond Strike is physical damage -10, while Mirror Strike is magic damage -20…. is this correct that Mirror Strike is twice as potent, or is this a typo?

Just double checking…

The data on this site says that Diamond Strike is physical damage -10, while Mirror Strike is magic damage -20…. is this correct that Mirror Strike is twice as potent, or is this a typo?

It's correct. Falcon Warriors also have the highest Res caps in the game and have WTA; they are designed to utterly obliterate mages.

Okay, thanks…

I guess that Diamond Strike is weaker because it would counter a far greater variety of weapons, and would thus be overpowered if it had Mirror Strike's power level.

On that notes, since Falcon Warriors are supposed to be mage killers (just like they were in Awakening, but even more so now with Mirror Strike, WTA, and the lack of effective spells against them outside of Excalibur, I suppose that Rod Knight would be a very powerful anti-mage choice for their marriage seal/buddy seal thanks to the Maid/Butler's Tomebreaker…. that would mean that mages would have to struggle against their high speed (thus high evasion), weapon triangle advantage (lowered hit for the mage), and tome breaker (+50 avoid against tomes)….

Thinking about it, that would also complement the fact that Falcon Knight is a B-rank staff using class as well, so they could even utilize the Maid/Butler's Servant's joy if they wanted to play more of a supporting role than and offensive role.

I reclassed Felicia to Strategist very early to use her Mag stat and she was getting unpromoted exp. They just seem special (like I assume it's unique that Felicia gets her ice crystals during attacks, even during E rank fire spells. >_>)

Though notably I don't know yet if she can still go past 20, but I imagine so.

To briefly continue this thought, and more relevant to the skills, it allows Joker/Felicia to get the promoted class lvl 15 skills far faster than everyone else, if you wish to spare the gold for Parallel Seals. So in theory Felicia could have Sol/Axebreaker/Kunaibreaker/Tomebreaker/Battle Command by level 15, fairly early in the game. Worth it? Hard to say, but interesting possibility if not grinding.

Well at least in practice early Battle Command is pretty nice.

Edited by XeKr

I just realized, there's one thing regarding skill acquisition that I'm not entirely clear on:

1. Any first gen can 'Marriage Seal' into the base class of their spouse, and 'Buddy Seal' into the base class of whomever they have an A+ rank with.

2. The same applies to the second generation units, with the added benefit of class/skill inheritance from their parents.

3. From an old file to a New Game+, one can apparently purchase skills from up to five of their units to apply on those same units on the NG+ file.

But what impact do 'My Castle' battles have on this?

Once the enemy team is defeated, one can apparently pick one unit and have it join their party.

Can one also purchase skills from that unit to apply to their own version of that unit?

And if so, does that mean most characters can acquire almost any skill (with the exception of those from special classes) through NG+/My Castle abuse, seeing as anyone can S-rank MU or have them as a parent.

Also, I've heard/seen evidence that the classes for the FE Sm4sh Amiibo units may also become available as limited DLC-esque items (unless that was just through the work of data-miners?).

If this can be confirmed, are there any restrictions with regards to gender or anything else in this regard?

Edited by Tactless Tactician

A question about the Mechanics of Matoi's Prodigy personal skill…

Prodigy At the start of the battle, if the enemy’s Strength or Magic (whichever is highest) is higher than Matoi’s corresponding stat, damage +4

I was thinking about the exact wording of this and its interaction with the weapon-faire and other damage boosting skills.

Namely, Lancefaire and the like are no longer phrased as "increasing strength by 5 when a lance is equipped (or magic by 5 when a Shockstick is equipped)". Its now instead:

Lancefaire When user is equipped with a Lance, damage +5 during battle

(Lancefaire can be obtained from a few different Matoi's class sets, including Hinoka!Matoi and Oboro!Matoi)

She could also just be a Trueblade or Weapons Master instead to be able to use her natural Swordfaire regardless of parentage.

Likewise, consider a skill like Line of Death, which Matoi should always be capable of learning should you choose the invest your levels into doing so because her father passes down the Samurai/Trueblade/Weapon Master tree.

Line of Death During battles, damage +10, damage received +10 Weapon Master

And of course, similar things could be applied to stuff like the Bowman skill Prescient Victory, if she picked it up via a Buddy Seal, Marriage Seal, or class/skill Inheritance.

Prescient Victory When user triggers the battle, damage +4 Bowman

The key thing that I'm seeing here is that none of these things actually boost Matoi's actual strength or magic stats.

So am I wrong here, or couldn't Matoi stack a bunch of these skills to obtain a pretty high damage output and still get credit for Prodigy's +4 damage bonus if she could do so before as she'll have never actually increased her actual strength/magic stats from these skills?

Can one also purchase skills from that unit to apply to their own version of that unit?

And if so, does that mean most characters can acquire almost any skill (with the exception of those from special classes) through NG+/My Castle abuse, seeing as anyone can S-rank MU or have them as a parent.

Yes and yes. It'll take a while, but as you say, theoretically any skill set is possible. It may get quite expensive though.

As for your other question, I have no idea really, sorry.

Edited by capmalachi

Also, I've heard/seen evidence that the classes for the FE Sm4sh Amiibo units may also become available as limited DLC-esque items (unless that was just through the work of data-miners?).

If this can be confirmed, are there any restrictions with regards to gender or anything else in this regard?

If the one posting about the DLC wasn't lying, then Lodestar is male only, and Great Lord is female only - also, only one seal per pack. The other two classes weren't avaliable for download in that first batch of DLC.

Edited by NeonZ

To briefly continue this thought, and more relevant to the skills, it allows Joker/Felicia to get the promoted class lvl 15 skills far faster than everyone else, if you wish to spare the gold for Parallel Seals. So in theory Felicia could have Sol/Axebreaker/Kunaibreaker/Tomebreaker/Battle Command by level 15, fairly early in the game. Worth it? Hard to say, but interesting possibility if not grinding.

Well at least in practice early Battle Command is pretty nice.

From what I've told

Parallel at Level 1-20 gives you unpromoted classes, it's only 21-40 that gives you the promoted ones

I can confirm that's not true, since I actually did this. I reclassed Felicia early to Strategist so she could use Tomes and she also got Rally Resistance and Battle Command at levels 5/15. She was getting unpromoted-like exp gain the whole time.

Felicia/Joker seem special in this way. Though I think classes that naturally go from 1-40 like Singer/Dread Fighter follow your trend.

Edited by XeKr

A few more questions:

1. Does the 'My Castle' map count as a 'repeat map' for the purposes of Syalla's Tenacity skill?

2. How does the Copycat skill work specifically? Are the HP values of the 'caster' and puppet tied? Can the user cast more than one puppet per battle, and if so, can there be multiple puppets on the field at the same time? And can a puppet use the Copycat skill too? Some of these may sound ridiculous but I'm just curious as to the functional limits of the skill.

3. Do skills with complementary effects such as Azura's Healing Voice and Sun God or Yuugiri's Victor's Delight and Lifetaker stack? Or is it on a case-by-case basis?

4. Can Saizou's Explosive Flame skill (When user triggers the battle at under half HP, the user and enemies within a 2 tile radius have their HP reduced by 20%) wind up killing himself? For that matter, are the similar passive HP-reduction skills Four Fangs and Deadly Breath able to kill a foe or not?

A few more questions:

1. Does the 'My Castle' map count as a 'repeat map' for the purposes of Syalla's Tenacity skill?

2. How does the Copycat skill work specifically? Are the HP values of the 'caster' and puppet tied? Can the user cast more than one puppet per battle, and if so, can there be multiple puppets on the field at the same time? And can a puppet use the Copycat skill too? Some of these may sound ridiculous but I'm just curious as to the functional limits of the skill.

3. Do skills with complementary effects such as Azura's Healing Voice and Sun God or Yuugiri's Victor's Delight and Lifetaker stack? Or is it on a case-by-case basis?

4. Can Saizou's Explosive Flame skill (When user triggers the battle at under half HP, the user and enemies within a 2 tile radius have their HP reduced by 20%) wind up killing himself? For that matter, are the similar passive HP-reduction skills Four Fangs and Deadly Breath able to kill a foe or not?

2: I don't know the exact specifics, but everything appears to be tied (inventory, exp, hp,). The puppet cannot copycat (nor sing, for the case of Azura), and the user cannot create another copycat.

4: Passive damage cannot kill

That seems awfully strange though. It could be possible that it only applies to strategist since it's also a promotion of Rod Knight?

Should check the other available classes as well

Both Felicia and Jakob have 3 reclass options, even below level 20, corresponding to the 4 promotion classes of Rod Knight and their secondary class (minus the class they're currently in).

Edited by XeKr

^ Not surprising considering we had scan of Jakob at level 8 reclassing just like you said. Also most of that image was reprinted after we saw a level 40 Felicia, lowering the chance the level 8 was just in a earlier version. I am kinda surprised people thought otherwise.

Much like this user, I would like to know everything about the Copycat Puppet skill.

So, I'd like to piggyback off this question of his and ask if you could even go as far as to give the user of Copycat Puppet the Sun God skill and have him stand next to his clone and heal himself for 40% at the start of every turn?

ive got a question about the copycat puppet skill. can it still be used even outside of the puppeteer class?

Please tell us everything we need to know about the new Galeforce 2.0.

Seconding the questions about Copycat Puppet. Adding a new one - when the user selects the command to make a puppet, can the puppet act immediately after or does it have to wait until the next turn? I'd guess the latter but I want to make sure.

ive got a question about the copycat puppet skill. can it still be used even outside of the puppeteer class?

As long as the character has the skill, they can use it. I got it on my avatar character by beating a castle with another who already had it on theirs. It was invaluable for beating and recruiting Ike right after chapter 6 since my avatar was the only character I had that could fight him without getting one shotted.

Here are the details of how it works:

You use the command and select one of the emtpy spaces around you and the copy will appear there. That ends the turn for both the original and copy.

Anything that happens to one happens to the other. If one gets hit by that annoying staff that prevents movement, then neither can move. They always have the exact same inventory and HP. If one dies, they both disappear. Skills that effect units withinn X distance will only effect one that is in X distance.

Still plenty of other things to test. The fact that they share the same health keeps it from being too broken since if one gets low on health, you'll now have two units to protect. But it is by far one of the most useful skills, especially for pair ups.