Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, how do the following skills interact?

Counter and Magic Counter: If a unit with both of these skills equipped 1-ranges a mage or unit with a magical weapon equipped, is double damage reflected?

Magic Counter and Curse Reflection: If Nyx acquires the Magic Counter skill, will she be able to reflect 1.5x any magical damage dealt to her?

Counter and/or Magic Counter and Ice Blood: Do either of the two aforementioned damage-mirroring skills stack with Flora's personal skill?

Also, on a side note do debuffs such as those from Hidden Weapons, 'Seal' skills/Draconic Curse and the like stack, or is only the highest debuff to each stat applied in such an instance?

Hm

If there is data for 10 (predicted >3) and 17(predicted >6) I'm going to guess instead of flooring like I thought earlier, it might just follow regular rounding rules

11/3 = 3.67 ~ 4

16/3 = 5.33 ~5

TL;DR the entire thing

Some minor data for Dragon Fang:

55 ATK Yato Final vs Dragonskin, 28 Defense

55-28=27

Actual Output: 21 (In line with my calculations that Yato Hoshido/Nohr/Final halve the effect of Dragonskin, something that isn't stated anyway, but it's fairly obvious due to the Yato's higher output against the targets)

Dragon Fang: 31

If I remember correctly, Dragon Fang works according to (Total ATK x 1.5), so normally, we are projected to deal (55 x 1.5) - 28

The problem is, Dragon Fang applies on both sides of the equation so everything is kinda thrown out of whack now.

Working backwards, [31 x 4/3 + 28]/55 should give us the approximate value of Dragon Fang in this case, which is about er...1.25, after rounding

So it halves Dragon Fang's effective from 1.5 to 1.25, Criticals from 3x to 1.5x

Since I have the values for Anankos now, I'll grab the unknown values from Wellgo's playthrough as well.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to hunt down Wellgo's other playthroughs, since they have Dragonskin and might cough up more information for me as well

Another set, also from Hama's stream

55 ATK Yato Final vs Dragonskin, 33 Defense

Expected, 22, actual, 18? (I think there was an additional factor I didn't take into account here, maybe I missed something or forgot)

Off the top of my head, I recalled 22 going to 17 last time, er...I dunno..

Dragon Fang: 27, in line with [(55x1.25)-33]x3/4

From Wellgo:

46 ATK Rainarok vs Dragonskin, 16 Res

30/2=15

[(46x1.25)-16]/2=20.75

I'm actually a bit of an idiot because simple mode still displays their ATK

45 + Bowfaire + Prescient Victory Fuujin Bow vs Dragonskin 24 Defense, expected would be 30, resultant is 16 though, I'm not sure what's up with this one.

47 (Silver Yumi) + Bowfaire + Presicent Victory vs Dragonskin 24 Defense, 32>17

42 ATK Brunhilde vs Dragonskin 20 Res, Devilish Wind in effect, expected would be 24, resultant is 12, which fits I guess.

44 ATK Overbearing Silver Axe vs Dragonskin 28 Defense, 21>10

44 ATK Swordfaire Raijin Katana vs Dragonskin 33 Defense, 16>9? There seems to be something odd with the Faire skills

44 ATK Rainarok vs Dragonskin 25 Res, 19>10, Dragon Fang, 16 (expected seems to be 15 though)

33 ATK Pieri's Little Lance Lancefaire vs Dragonskin 22 Defense, 16>8, Breaking Sky vs 23 Str, 10 (that's just downright awful)

Let's try Breaking Sky @ 25% of Strength, that gives a value of 10.875. I guess that works for now?

Astra 19>6

Too many damage changing skills, maybe I'm missing something

Dragon Fang: 1.25x instead of 1.5x

Breaking Sky: 25% instead of 50%

Yato Hoshido/Nohr/Final deals 75% normal damage instead of 50%

Astra: 1/3 damage instead of 1/2?

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Counter only activates on damage done by the character initiating combat. If a character with Counter initiates combat and forces the enemy to counter in melee, the skill will not trigger.

So no more Counter bombing enemies (or something, I keep getting reminded that "no this is not how the skill worked in FE13"), sounds like a good thing.

Though it's more like, it forces us to either ignore the enemy or try to weaken/finish them from range, but well I guess it's still not so bad

Have not seen any Luna vs Dragonskin, Dragonskin is such a pain

Also not entirely sure on how the game rounds numbers.

So for example, 11 damage

Normal: 11

Astra Normal: 5x5=25

Astra vs Dragonskin: 4x5=20

Dem roundings

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Seems to me someone made a mistake in coding where .5 gets rounded down, but anything above .5 is rounded up.

It's not necessarily a mistake. Often in FE, .5 is the only decimal that can come up and is expected to round down, but maybe stuff that divides by stuff other than 2 has different rules to account for the possibility of higher decimals that are less reasonable to round down.

Seems to me someone made a mistake in coding where .5 gets rounded down, but anything above .5 is rounded up.

It's not necessarily a mistake. Often in FE, .5 is the only decimal that can come up and is expected to round down, but maybe stuff that divides by stuff other than 2 has different rules to account for the possibility of higher decimals that are less reasonable to round down.

In programming, the default is flooring decimals . However, there are options -- math libraries are often built into the language itself, in fact, where you can opt to use standard rounding or ceiling instead. I imagine Astra's rounding was done that way on purpose so while you do lose damage, you don't lose /too/ much.

for example

int a = 17/3; a would equal to 5. this is the default. 5.66667 chopped off the decimals.

int a = Math.round(17/3); a would now equal to 6, because the standard rounding rules for math you do on paper applies here.

int a = Math.ceil(16/3); a would equal to 6 in this case, even though 16/3 equals to 5.33 and would be rounded down by standard, because ceiling function just always rounds up.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Self-Destruct's description is incomplete. It triggers when the user begins their turn with under half HP, not at any other time.

Does Defence/Speed Seal activate even if you miss?

If Tsubaki is the lead unit and Oboro is in attack stance support, would Oboro's Attack Stance hit result in Defence/Speed Seal debuffs?

Does Defence/Speed Seal activate even if you miss?

If Tsubaki is the lead unit and Oboro is in attack stance support, would Oboro's Attack Stance hit result in Defence/Speed Seal debuffs?

Seals and Draconic Curse will always activate, even if you don't attack and/or miss

Don't know about question 2 though, I can only tell you that Kunais still work in dual strikes

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Any ideas of what this skill's description reads? I came across the icon and realized I don't think there's been an english description/translation of this one.

Edit: whoops ignore that last one just realized I hovered over evasion not the skill, here's the actual screenshot:

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/MlWA77zIFQ4dusXjTY

Edited by arvilino

It's Negative Chain, a Miscellenous (NPC only) skill on the SF site.

Apparently it allows kunai debuffs to stack, when they don't normally. Kinda like Silver weapons, I guess...

It's Negative Chain, a Miscellenous (NPC only) skill on the SF site.

I can't find it on the site actually. I'd assume it's in 'miscellaneous - skills' along with the other presumably enemy only skills like self destruct and infinite staff, but it isn't there. Unless it's somewhere else that I've missed completely.

Thanks, I have time now so I'll double check and fix some other mistakes.

Maybe it got lost when I was re-organising the tables >___<

EDIT

Added Negative Chain.

Need more time to fix the other pages ('cause I'm adding the skill inheriting costs at the same time).

Edited by VincentASM

question about copycat puppet. if I my kamui had 2 children and uses copycat and the kamui had A supports with both of them would the kamui puppet give/receive pair up bonuses as if it was the original

Edited by ShotaLordNoctis

Two questions.

What skills does the Nohr Skill work with?

What debuffs stack and which don't? Do hidden weapon debuffs stack with Seals?

I think we agreed that Nohr affects trigger skills, like Astra, Sol and Luna.

Pavise and Aegis too.

Actually, does this extend to all skills with a displayed icon, like Miracle?

I think we agreed that Nohr affects trigger skills, like Astra, Sol and Luna.

Pavise and Aegis too.

Actually, does this extend to all skills with a displayed icon, like Miracle?

I was just wondering because I have heard so much conflicting information on this. Can anyone who has the game confirm? Do thinks like Vantage, Miracle, and Counter work too?

Edited by TheWerdna