Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

Does Misfortune and Sin or whatever work on the bosses for the routes? I saw an idea for an all-butlers run and that would help a lot. (I am planning to use Takumi or +Skl Alfred [MU] with Raven Strike to make it viable)

Edit: I mean does it work with Dragonskin? Sorry, I forgot to mention what I meant by "bosses".

Edited by JothTheConqueror

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with saying you can counter strategy is that you can't do that for all of your team, and if the other person has the movement advantage, they decide who to attack. If you just send in your guy who counters OHKO strategy, then the OHKO guy can just ignore him or the rest of the units can target and kill him safely.

EDIT: Yes it does allow you to spend the coin then attack.

For Extravagance, you spend the coin as part of the attack.

Ehhh. Well okay. Extravagance sounds like it was only balanced around the assumption that the player wouldn't be rich enough to drop coins on every enemy they go up against, which isn't a concern in PvP.

Line of Death by itself isn't banworthy. It's the fact that it and Extravagance can exist at the same time that's concerning. I'd still advise not to worry about it too much unless it actually becomes dominant enough that everyone uses it and nobody can find ways to counter it without using it themselves.

Ehhh. Well okay. Extravagance sounds like it was only balanced around the assumption that the player wouldn't be rich enough to drop coins on every enemy they go up against, which isn't a concern in PvP.

Line of Death by itself isn't banworthy. It's the fact that it and Extravagance can exist at the same time that's concerning. I'd still advise not to worry about it too much unless it actually becomes dominant enough that everyone uses it and nobody can find ways to counter it without using it themselves.

It's specifically Revenant Knights, Paladins, and Dark Falcons. Paladin is a tricky case cause it has 2 A ranks, so it chooses which Brave weapon to use. Revenant and Dark Falcons cause they have flying and high movement.

EDIT: I'm going to go no bans at the beginning, but if it is possible to ban certain skills, and stuff becomes a problem, I will definitely use custom rules so the game isn't everyone OHKO. Even if I would have to ban lethality too.

Edited by Psyruby

1) You don't have to double. You just have to use a Brave Weapon, defensive formation doesn't stop the Brave Weapon from hitting twice, it stops the second battle phase.

2) The Berserker/General with Counter wouldn't work, cause even tho they would do 30-40 to you, you would kill them in the second hit.(counter doesn't activate if you die.

3) It is not very feasible if the opponent has higher movement. Cause you can't get to them before they get to you.

Also Lethality is less of an issue than Awakening as the highest you can get it is about 25%.

For PvP

yes but then you are stuck with brave weapons to beat both def formation and to beat counter if they are strong enough to kill you back wihich means your enemy phase is even weaker than before by Adding -4 def and res when you do kill the guy.

plus would you even have enough strength to kill a General every time?

Assuming a bezerker with 40 str + 27 from skills plus 8 from weapon is 75 power which would only just kill a general with 70 hp and 40 def exactly and there are boosts to consider such as if the general had a reverse lance, buffs from allies skills, even just having hp and def +2 (depening on what weapon ranks do if S axes have + 2 dmg like i heard this would save the general if they had the same def vs str) even a hp and def potion if that is allowed would affect this scenario. Or just using a defensive weapon like a guard nagatina (low stats mean nothing if they kill themsleves on you trough the counter skills) or any nagatina for that matter. There is also pasive, or miracle but those are activation skills so they are not perfect. And yes your units could have boosts too but the defender can probably get the buffs easier because of postioning. For stat mods i will asume that the str will be matched by the def. my math could be wrong though, but my main point is the positioning and weaker enemy phase with a bunch of draw backs but i think a general with a guard nagatina can survive pretty assuredly agaist physical weapons as long as you have support to beat the enemies support. Even magical attacks might not work, my math is 36 +27 + 1 for a witch with a lightning tome which is only 64 power which can't kill a general even without a guard nagatina though the witchs magic mod probably would be higher than the genrals res mod but lances are good agaist magic and again guard nagatina you might want a both the reverse nagatina and the guard nagatina though to be safe.

Edit on movement i don't know where you start out in the map but if you aren't in range to each other at the beginning the guy fighting the near OHKO guy could just pressure the OHKO into either moving close enough to attack your other guys but whinin range of your units with mov boosts who can mov farther and might have 1-2 weapons or let the tank approach closer. It all depends on how good you are at positining though. But if your team can kill every thing but the OHKO guy your screwed if my path is right as the right general can auto kill a ohko unit with counter if at full health.

Edited by goodperson707

yes but then you are stuck with brave weapons to beat both def formation and to beat counter if they are strong enough to kill you back wihich means your enemy phase is even weaker than before by Adding -4 def and res when you do kill the guy.

plus would you even have enough strength to kill a General every time?

Assuming a bezerker with 40 str + 27 from skills plus 8 from weapon is 75 power which would only just kill a general with 70 hp and 40 def exactly and there are boosts to consider such as if the general had a reverse lance, buffs from allies skills, even just having hp and def +2 (depening on what weapon ranks do if S axes have + 2 dmg like i heard this would save the general if they had the same def vs str) even a hp and def potion if that is allowed would affect this scenario. Or just using a defensive weapon like a guard nagatina (low stats mean nothing if they kill themsleves on you trough the counter skills) or any nagatina for that matter. There is also pasive, or miracle but those are activation skills so they are not perfect. And yes your units could have boosts too but the defender can probably get the buffs easier because of postioning. For stat mods i will asume that the str will be matched by the def. my math could be wrong though, but my main point is the positioning and weaker enemy phase with a bunch of draw backs but i think a general with a guard nagatina can survive pretty assuredly agaist physical weapons as long as you have support to beat the enemies support. Even magical attacks might not work, my math is 36 +27 + 1 for a witch with a lightning tome which is only 64 power which can't kill a general even without a guard nagatina though the witchs magic mod probably would be higher than the genrals res mod but lances are good agaist magic and again guard nagatina you might want a both the reverse nagatina and the guard nagatina though to be safe.

Edit on movement i don't know where you start out in the map but if you aren't in range to each other at the beginning the guy fighting the near OHKO guy could just pressure the OHKO into either moving close enough to attack your other guys but whinin range of your units with mov boosts who can mov farther and might have 1-2 weapons or let the tank approach closer. It all depends on how good you are at positining though. But if your team can kill every thing but the OHKO guy your screwed if my path is right as the right general can auto kill a ohko unit with counter if at full health.

1) You can't force any unit to fight the General. It has the least movement in the game. So the general is not going to work unless all your units are generals.

2) That's my point with movement being the deciding factor. Either my OHKO unit dies or your unit dies, and the deciding factor is who has more movement. (You don't really care if the OHKO unit dies after he kills one unit, as this is an aggro playstyle.) So if a Dark Flier, Revenant Knight or Paladin use this strategy, you are at a major disadvantage at the start of the game.

3) I'd like to point out Draw for a sec. As it is one of the best counters and best enablers to this strategy. It counters the strategy by not even letting a unit use the OHKO strategy before dying due being grabbed then attacked by the long long range of being able to move then Draw(13+ range), but it also can be an enabler by picking out ONE unit and letting the OHKO man attack him for free without interference.

Once again, this is a concern, not I want these things banned automatically. I'd be more concerned about Lethality, but that's a chance that a unit will die, not a hard number.

EDIT: Hrm.... maybe there should be a pinned topic about PvP concerns...

Edited by Psyruby

Pretty sure someone has tought something similar but is not Dark/White Blood Kamui with Dragonstone+ a great candidate for defensive formation for PvP? With the Yato and the stone bonuses you get a massive resistance(+11) and defense bonus(+13),it puts you above 40 on both without mods and you still have that sweet 25MT + Magic Attack Power.

Edited by Roxachronc

Pretty sure someone has tought something similar but is not Dark/White Blood Kamui with Dragonstone+ a great candidate for defensive formation for PvP? With the Yato and the stone bonuses you get a massive resistance(+11) and defense bonus(+13),it puts you above 40 on both without mods and you still have that sweet 25MT + Magic Attack Power.

I mean it is strong, but your Mag and Skl will reduce each time you fight, and Kamui in white/dark blood doesn't have a lot of skill to start with. Add on top of that the 75% hitrate and -5 Skill for using the stone, and you'll start missing a lot. The other problem with relying on Kamui is that he will always have a Dragon weakness and everyone will expect Kamui or Kanna on your team. So I expect more people to pack Dragonslayers(probably on Trueblades/good sword units with Vantage) just in case.

EDIT: I'm not saying don't use Kamui, but it is important to understand that unlike Avatar, he has a clear cut weakness that can be exploited when prepared.

Edited by Psyruby

I mean it is strong, but your Mag and Skl will reduce each time you fight, and Kamui in white/dark blood doesn't have a lot of skill to start with. Add on top of that the 75% hitrate and -5 Skill for using the stone, and you'll start missing a lot. The other problem with relying on Kamui is that he will always have a Dragon weakness and everyone will expect Kamui or Kanna on your team. So I expect more people to pack Dragonslayers(probably on Trueblades/good sword units with Vantage) just in case.

EDIT: I'm not saying don't use Kamui, but it is important to understand that unlike Avatar, he has a clear cut weakness that can be exploited when prepared.

Is just an idea,tough the hit rate is not that great, but the stat reduction is not THAT detrimental, you still have Yato for backup damage and solid hit rate, the Dragonstone+ does its job as long as it can tank hits and scare people of eating a 25MT+Magic attack, even with Dragonslayers I don't think someone can 1 shot him, Counter would be nice on the build to deal with Dslayers to an extent or Swordbreaker, Extravagance also of course.

I mean I am just speculating since I still need to wait for the american release, I just want to put a good use to that Dstone+ tbh, and a Defensive Formation Tank sounded good.

Maybe..

D Formation

Nohr(Pavise,Aegis,Sol,Aether,Lethality)(not sure on this tough)

Flamboyant(great for the Hit rate problem and works with Nohr(?), your enemy is going to hit you anyways with that -10 avoid)

Extravagance

Counter

Does anyone already has its favorite skillset for PvP?

Is just an idea,tough the hit rate is not that great, but the stat reduction is not THAT detrimental, you still have Yato for backup damage and solid hit rate, the Dragonstone+ does its job as long as it can tank hits and scare people of eating a 25MT+Magic attack, even with Dragonslayers I don't think someone can 1 shot him, Counter would be nice on the build to deal with Dslayers to an extent or Swordbreaker, Extravagance also of course.

I mean I am just speculating since I still need to wait for the american release, I just want to put a good use to that Dstone+ tbh, and a Defensive Formation Tank sounded good.

Maybe..

D Formation

Nohr(Pavise,Aegis,Sol,Aether,Lethality)(not sure on this tough)

Flamboyant(great for the Hit rate problem and works with Nohr(?), your enemy is going to hit you anyways with that -10 avoid)

Extravagance

Counter

Does anyone already has its favorite skillset for PvP?

There is one last thing you have to keep in mind. Dragon God Spell. It's strong than Dslayer swords, but you have to tie it to an A rank Mage, cause it has more Mt and can hit from 2 away. From this idea, I'd say Dark Knights and Sorcerer's would give you trouble. Their higher Def/Res and HP than the other A rank mages and ability to do good damage would hurt.

There is one last thing you have to keep in mind. Dragon God Spell. It's strong than Dslayer swords, but you have to tie it to an A rank Mage, cause it has more Mt and can hit from 2 away. From this idea, I'd say Dark Knights and Sorcerer's would give you trouble. Their higher Def/Res and HP than the other A rank mages and ability to do good damage would hurt.

Forgot about that, maybe Magic Counter then?

Generals are also weak to Hammer tough, so in the weakness department, so is almost even in that way...

The good thing is that I still have time to think in a good set.

Draconic Shield uses the luck of the one it is equipped to (not the one it protects), right?

Nohr causes you to share support unit battle skills. Obviously that includes skills like Lethality and Sol. Would it also include any skills like Vantage, Aegis, Axefaire, Flamboyant, Deadly Breath, Overbearing, Bind, Diamond Strike, Line of Death, Bowbreaker, Strength Seal, or Strength Drain?

In Awakening, skills with a chance to activate when you attack would each have a chance to activate starting with the least likely; a character with Lethality, Aether, and Sol would have a skill x 25% chance for lethality and if it didn't activate then a skill x 50% chance of Aether and if that didn't activate then a skill x 100% chance of activating Sol. Does it still work like that in this game? If so, does that mean you could take a unit with Nohr, Hoshido, and Flamboyant and equip them with Lethality and Dragon Fang and then pair them up with a unit with Aether, Astra, Breaking Sky, Luna, and Sol and thus get every skill a highly boosted chance to activate? That about guarentees at least one skill will activate every turn, if so.

Edited by Amanroth

Draconic Shield uses the luck of the one it is equipped to (not the one it protects), right?

Nohr causes you to share support unit battle skills. Obviously that includes skills like Lethality and Sol. Would it also include any skills like Vantage, Aegis, Axefaire, Flamboyant, Deadly Breath, Overbearing, Bind, Diamond Strike, Line of Death, Bowbreaker, Strength Seal, or Strength Drain?

In Awakening, skills with a chance to activate when you attack would each have a chance to activate starting with the least likely; a character with Lethality, Aether, and Sol would have a skill x 25% chance for lethality and if it didn't activate then a skill x 50% chance of Aether and if that didn't activate then a skill x 100% chance of activating Sol. Does it still work like that in this game? If so, does that mean you could take a unit with Nohr, Hoshido, and Flamboyant and equip them with Lethality and Dragon Fang and then pair them up with a unit with Aether, Astra, Breaking Sky, Luna, and Sol and thus get every skill a highly boosted chance to activate? That about guarentees at least one skill will activate every turn, if so.

Yes, Procs seem to work. I want to see if Aegis and Pavise work, myself. I'm probably either going to make a Pair Up Bot for my MU (who favors Dark Blood) and wreck house with my 8 Skill MU (both will likely have Copycat Puppet).

Draconic Shield can proc for allies adjacent to user. Not sure if it procs for the user though.

I believe Nohr is restricted to only mastery skills. I'm not too sure about passives...I'll test a handful of them later. Only one I know for sure to not work is Lifetaker. It's a post battle skill so I imagine skills under that same category will not work as well.

What were your observations regarding the skill? How much damage does it do back to the attacker?

To my recollection, I've never even seen it activate.

I remember someone saying it did half the damage from ranged attacks.

Ice Blood sounded too broken at first, thank IS is not that way, it still is a very solid personal skill.

With that said, what personal skill seems to be the best atm? anyone has a top 5 or something?

Pretty much any skill that gives something good for free or the condition is really easy to get. Ice blood is good, obviously. Also, it is half damage. I haven't used Flora a whole lot, but I did see it return half damage from a ranged attack, and nothing from melee. Can't remember if my HP was full or not.

I like Shigure and Lazwald's skills since it makes them ideal rallybots for the extra bonus. I'm also a fan of Ophelia's personal skill, essentially free crit. I have her as a Sorc and with excalibur equipped and Ogre Strike she's at about 70% crit.

I also have a personal experience with Suzukaze's personal skill. Was paired up with MU and MU goes to attack a boss. Boss crits and would've killed me if the skill didn't proc. On a not biased look at it, it's a pretty good skill, essentially giving another unit Miracle.

I like Shigure and Lazwald's skills since it makes them ideal rallybots for the extra bonus

They actually work with rally skills then? The way it was worded on the site made it seem like you had to activate a second command and would have to choose between it or a rally, essentially making them useless. If you can use both at once though I'll admit that they're a bit more useful than I thought they'd be.

Yeah both their personal skills goes under the rally command and fully stacks with all other rallies.

Combat cheerleaders confirmed.

Except Lazward can only really learn Rally Skill (+Movement with Dark Falcon) but hey, who's counting.

Edited by Tamarsamar

Combat cheerleaders confirmed.

Except Lazward can only really learn Rally Skill (+Movement with Dark Falcon) but hey, who's counting.

A+'ing with Flannel also gets him Rally Strength from Berserker. If he then marries Camilla he can also theoretically have Rally Defence too.