Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

Extravagance isn't a command skill. It automatically activates when you have a Gold Bar in your inventory, but only on the player phase.

You can proc skill while under the effects of Extravagance, and it looks funny, since classes that do a dramatic "processing a skill" pose will do it twice, once to show that Extravagance has been activated, and once to show that Luna (or etc) has activated.

Wait... Extravagance is a proc skill that has a 100% activation when you have a Gold Bar in inventory? Does the Gold Bar get consumed afterwords?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... Extravagance is a proc skill that has a 100% activation when you have a Gold Bar in inventory? Does the Gold Bar get consumed afterwords?

no no, it isn't a proc, it just has an animation to let you know that it is happening.

Also, it is used up after the activation fight.

Ah I see, but does this mean that it wont work with Nohr's effect of using skills from your partner? I've just been very curious as to how Nohr operates, but from what i'm seeing, Nohr wouldn't work with Extravagance.

Guess I'll just go with the partner build of this whenever Anna comes out:
Anna (Adventurer/Maid)

[Get Rich Quick]

Copycat

Aether

Pavise

Aegis

Miracle/Warp

O deer the Logbook/My Castle struggle intensifies.

Can I just say that the Herb Merchant line is perfect for Anna, character-wise? Aside from Merchant being, well, what Anna does, she gets natural Copycat from Puppeteer, which is very fitting considering the sheer amount of RNG Goddess clones.

Can someone give me a list of some skills which are "Galeforce status". I'm guessing there's no skills AS broken as Galeforce, so maybe they balanced it out more, but there could still be a few skills which stands out from the rest

Can someone give me a list of some skills which are "Galeforce status". I'm guessing there's no skills AS broken as Galeforce, so maybe they balanced it out more, but there could still be a few skills which stands out from the rest

Since you bring up Galeforce, there's Copycat Puppet, which could be considered more broken or less depending on how you look at it. It creates a clone of the unit that uses it, so it's basically like one unit getting two turns, but the second is guaranteed and not dependent on whether or not either of them actually kills an enemy. The downside is, if one is killed, both are killed, which is what prevents it from being Super OP and letting you reclone every time one dies.

Edited by Landmaster

Do you mean story mode or PvP? Cause those are two separate questions.

Galeforce is more like a yes but no, in game, by the time you get galeforce (Jakob/Felicia notwithstanding, and DLC skills can't be passed down, and Jakob/Felicia are not exactly the best combat units in any case), it's mostly "too little too late" of some sorts (I'm not entirely sure, but even with serious grinding you might not reach 20/15 by Chapter 23-25 or so)

Same deal for copycat puppet

In PVP, copycat puppet is alot more powerful

Every skill has it's "opportunity cost" (I think I'm using the correct term) that it seems "everyone conveniently forgets"

Galeforce is "fairly powerful" in PVP, and Copycat Puppet is also "fairly powerful"

It's not that there are no downsides (cough Limit Breaker cough), but that the benefits are sufficiently high enough that it outweights the opportunity cost by a large/fair margin (Faire +5 damage, Aggressor +7, Ogre Strike, Swallow Strike, blah blah offensive skills)

There are no "real skills" that are very broken in story mode, but a list of good/better skills (Flowing Strike, Swallow Strike, all the Astra/Sol/Breaking Sky, Ogre Strike, etc) is dependent.

I don't consider buying skills, because buying skills breaks the game

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Yeah I don't think Galeforce is still the end-all god skill everyone makes it out to be, especially because pair-up was reworked and the skill itself was nerfed accordingly. In that case, its still a very powerful skill, but only for units that don't need a partner. I'd argue Nohr is pretty high up as far as skills go, simply because it gives the user a healthy pool of offensive and defensive skills, while actually saving that room on their build for other skills that they would want. Of course, Nohr makes you miss out on Galeforce Abuse, but franlkly, I dont feel much loss. This would be a case where Copycat is better, because you get 2 Nohr Abusers, and you can clone the supporting unit to allow them to also take advantage of skills like Aether and Breaking Sky.

In short, as opposed to Awakening, there's no de-facto staple skill for every unit ever (except maybe Copycat), and even less so for 1 specific type of build. Lots more skill customization and builds to (ab)use this time around, so its encouraged to try out stuff instead of faceroll with the classic Awakening Build.

Sounds like anti-Galeforce bias from me, I'll admit I never really liked Galeforce. And Im glad that its not an absolute must for every character ever.

I just wanted to ask others if they've experienced a phenomenon that I haven't seen anybody else mention.

Unit A marries Unit B. Unit A and Unit B have different Base Classes, but both of their base classes share a promotion. If Unit A is in the promoted class that both units share, Unit A will begin learning the unpremoted skills of Unit B's Base Class, without ever using a Marriage Seal.

For example, Luna marries Zero. Luna promotes to Bow Knight. At level 2, Luna will learn Locktouch, and at level 3, Luna will learn Move+1, as if she had been an Outlaw. However, she has never used a Marriage Seal.

Or Lazward marries Charlotte, promotes to Hero and begins to learn Roundhouse and HP+5. Or Tsubaki marries Setsuna, promotes to Golden Kite Warrior and begins to learn Skill+2 and Prescient Victory.

It definitely works and all of these scenarios have been tested.

...even if it makes no difference at all.

Edited by gayserbeam

I just wanted to ask others if they've experienced a phenomenon that I haven't seen anybody else mention.

Unit A marries Unit B. Unit A and Unit B have different Base Classes, but both of their base classes share a promotion. If Unit A is in the promoted class that both units share, Unit A will begin learning the unpremoted skills of Unit B's Base Class, without ever using a Marriage Seal.

For example, Luna marries Zero. Luna promotes to Bow Knight. At level 2, Luna will learn Locktouch, and at level 3, Luna will learn Move+1, as if she had been an Outlaw. However, she has never used a Marriage Seal.

Or Lazward marries Charlotte, promotes to Hero and begins to learn Roundhouse and HP+5. Or Tsubaki marries Setsuna, promotes to Golden Kite Warrior and begins to learn Skill+2 and Prescient Victory.

yea, someone has already experienced that before. it was a while back so I don't remember where this was mentioned (probably Skill thread? I think they mentioned the Takumi w/ GKW case)

Edited by GoXDS

Okay then. Does this happen if, say, I get an A+ with Ryoma and Takumi, and Ryoma's a GKW?

Not sure if this asked but, is Luna(Skill) still the same as Awakening before in if/Fates.?

There hasn't been any changes

Level 5 Great Knight Skill, Skill% activation, ignores half defense/res (rounded down as usual)

(It's outclassed now because Breaking Sky is just better)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

There hasn't been any changes

Level 5 Great Knight Skill, Skill% activation, ignores half defense/res (rounded down as usual)

(It's outclassed now because Breaking Sky is just better)

So, which other skill activates more beside Breaking Sky(1st), and Luna(2nd)?

So, which other skill activates more beside Breaking Sky(1st), and Luna(2nd)?

0.25x%: Lethality

0.5x%: Aether, Astra

0.75x%: Dragon Fang

1x%: Ignis, Sol, Luna

1.5x%: Breaking Sky, Vengeance

I don't know if we have a 100% confirmed order though

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Wasn't Vengeance had an nerf activation rate.?

Vengeance was 2x% in Awakening

I've yet to see Ignis nor Vengeance against Dragonskin, but out of the rest, Breaking Sky, Luna, and Sol are really pitiful, so if we have another apotheosis with Dragonskin on everyone, those skills probably won't be run.

...But it'll depend. Because we can buy skills now, there's nothing stopping us from going Hoshido+Astra+Dragon Fang on everyone and what not

Astra's 1st place in the poll is still a little "too overwhelming", what can I say....

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Vengeance was 2x% in Awakening

I've yet to see Ignis nor Vengeance against Dragonskin, but out of the rest, Breaking Sky, Luna, and Sol are really pitiful, so if we have another apotheosis with Dragonskin on everyone, those skills probably won't be run.

...But it'll depend. Because we can buy skills now, there's nothing stopping us from going Hoshido+Astra+Dragon Fang on everyone and what not

Astra's 1st place in the poll is still a little "too overwhelming", what can I say....

You could add Hoshido+Flamboyant+Other Skills as well.!

I would have made a thread for it, but it just felt ...awkward..

..We'll see

For the time being, it feels like buying skills is just too easy.

I don't believe that there is a logistical (aka money) constraint, because if you really, really have one you could just extravagance grind I believe...I believe.....

(Who knows)

I would have made a thread for it, but it just felt ...awkward..

..We'll see

For the time being, it feels like buying skills is just too easy.

I don't believe that there is a logistical (aka money) constraint, because if you really, really have one you could just extravagance grind I believe...I believe.....

(Who knows)

I see, then.

• 2 weeks later...

Which promoted class grants the Aptitude skill? I know villager is the unpromoted class that does, but one of its promotions must too since I've seen several characters in other people's castles with the skill. Is it Weapon Master or Great Merchant?

Which class would you pick for your avatar in order to give it to everybody via marriage?

Edited by Amanroth

To explain, you must "possess" Villager class in order to learn Aptitude

It is not possible to choose Villager for Avatar, and Mozume will not pass Villager when using Marriage or Buddy Seal (she passes her Secondary, Bowman instead. Something else if there's an overlap, but that's not this point)

Only Mozume's children can gain Villager class, and by extension, Aptitude.

As such, first generation characters cannot legitimately learn Aptitude

If you are a Weapon Master promoted from a Samurai, or a Great Merchant promoted from a Herb Merchant, you will not learn Aptitude

If you are promoted from a Villager, both Weapon Master or Great Merchant will give Aptitude

TL;DR

The class that the Avatar picks has no effect whatsoever

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

and Mozume will not pass Villager when using Marriage or Buddy Seal (she passes her Secondary, Bowman instead. Something else if there's an overlap, but that's not this point)

S***, turns out I'd made the wrong call when writing up Zero's supports page on the wiki:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Zero/Supports&diff=71278&oldid=70757

(It's the only supports page the wiki currently has for a Fates character, although I plan to make more of these a dedicated project somewhere down the line.)

It's corrected now, thankfully...