Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

To explain, you must "possess" Villager class in order to learn Aptitude

It is not possible to choose Villager for Avatar, and Mozume will not pass Villager when using Marriage or Buddy Seal (she passes her Secondary, Bowman instead. Something else if there's an overlap, but that's not this point)

Only Mozume's children can gain Villager class, and by extension, Aptitude.

As such, first generation characters cannot legitimately learn Aptitude

Oh, then I guess hacking was at work somewhere down the line. I visited a castle that had a Gunter with Aptitude in the party, and since his only supports are the avatar and Jakob (In the Nohr route at least, in Invisible Kingdom he apparently can't support at all...), I assumed it meant it was possible to get by other means than Mozume/children. I have also seen Aptitude on other first gen units like the avatar and Sestuna. I guess somebody hacked them on, put them on display in their castle, then it spread like fire.

With Villager being Mizume exclusive, are Aptitude and Underdog the only skills that can't be legitimately obtained by all first gen characters? I guess everything else could be gotten via the avatar?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, then I guess hacking was at work somewhere down the line. I visited a castle that had a Gunter with Aptitude in the party, and since his only supports are the avatar and Jakob (In the Nohr route at least, in Invisible Kingdom he apparently can't support at all...), I assumed it meant it was possible to get by other means than Mozume/children. I have also seen Aptitude on other first gen units like the avatar and Sestuna. I guess somebody hacked them on, put them on display in their castle, then it spread like fire.

With Villager being Mizume exclusive, are Aptitude and Underdog the only skills that can't be legitimately obtained by all first gen characters? I guess everything else could be gotten via the avatar?

There's also Beastbane, Odd Fang, Odd Cry, Even Illusion, Even Sleep, Luck +4, Special Song, Voice of Peace, Foreign Princess, Strength Drain, and more. Basically anything Kamui can't spread.

If you see a non-bond unit Kamui with Aptitude, don't question it, just buy the skill and pretend nothing happened like everyone else

Edited by gayserbeam

There's also Beastbane, Odd Fang, Odd Cry, Even Illusion, Even Sleep, Luck +4, Special Song, Voice of Peace, Foreign Princess, Strength Drain, and more. Basically anything Kamui can't spread.

If you see a non-bond unit Kamui with Aptitude, don't question it, just buy the skill and pretend nothing happened like everyone else

Also, whichever of demuselle/favored son is not of the right gender. Although the avatar can spread rod night, only one of those skills can be obtained this way. The other can only be obtained by purchasing from an oppisate gendered avatar, or inheritance (although in some cases, you need to to spread rod night to the parent and then inherit for the kid to get the other skill.)

Edited by sirmola

Yeah I don't think Galeforce is still the end-all god skill everyone makes it out to be, especially because pair-up was reworked and the skill itself was nerfed accordingly. In that case, its still a very powerful skill, but only for units that don't need a partner. I'd argue Nohr is pretty high up as far as skills go, simply because it gives the user a healthy pool of offensive and defensive skills, while actually saving that room on their build for other skills that they would want. Of course, Nohr makes you miss out on Galeforce Abuse, but franlkly, I dont feel much loss. This would be a case where Copycat is better, because you get 2 Nohr Abusers, and you can clone the supporting unit to allow them to also take advantage of skills like Aether and Breaking Sky.

In short, as opposed to Awakening, there's no de-facto staple skill for every unit ever (except maybe Copycat), and even less so for 1 specific type of build. Lots more skill customization and builds to (ab)use this time around, so its encouraged to try out stuff instead of faceroll with the classic Awakening Build.

Sounds like anti-Galeforce bias from me, I'll admit I never really liked Galeforce. And Im glad that its not an absolute must for every character ever.

Interesting, from looking at the skill list, it would seem that Clear Mind, Swallow Strike and Household Cure would be staples or the closest thing to it.

Interesting, from looking at the skill list, it would seem that Clear Mind, Swallow Strike and Household Cure would be staples or the closest thing to it.

Those aren't staples, not every unit wants those skills. Galeforce, Copycat, Flamboyant are the closest things to staples, and even then, the support units don't want Galeforce or Flamboyant. Clear Mind effects are solely dependent on you using weapons that -2 Str/Mag, Skl on a regular basis. Weapons that aren't even necessarily the best. However, even then, if you get attacked by 5 guys on enemy phase with a silver weapon, that's still 5-6 turns of recovering to full power. Swallow Strike is a very good skill, but it's not extremely good in a game where most things happen on the enemy turn due to their larger numbers. Household cure is even less applicable as it requires you to use have a slot open for consumables. These are all great skills, but they are hardly staples for every character.

So the only thing that could break more the game would be if they include something like Adept, i was just thinking if they include Roy with one or a couple new skill what would they out in, and the only thing hat came to mind was Adept, imagine that with a +7 forged Brave Sword, lol.

Adept in all honesty is probably too strong, unless they nerfed the activation rate to 0.5 (or 0.75)...and even then, it might still be a leeetle too strong.

(Ironic though). The number of hits does matter a bit more now since Guard Stance shenanigans

(Honestly I'd like a few more strike skills, or things like those, or with the same idea, rather than necessarily straightforward skills)

I'm not sure really, some of my skill ideas are all sorts of crazy

(It also depends on the game itself, rather than just the skills)

I always felt that there weren't enough dragons to justify using wyrmslayer/wyrmsbane outside of game that actually featured dragons (and not in the final boss sense)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Adept in all honesty is probably too strong, unless they nerfed the activation rate to 0.5 (or 0.75)...and even then, it might still be a leeetle too strong.

(Ironic though). The number of hits does matter a bit more now since Guard Stance shenanigans

(Honestly I'd like a few more strike skills, or things like those, or with the same idea, rather than necessarily straightforward skills)

I'm not sure really, some of my skill ideas are all sorts of crazy

(It also depends on the game itself, rather than just the skills)

I always felt that there weren't enough dragons to justify using wyrmslayer/wyrmsbane outside of game that actually featured dragons (and not in the final boss sense)

It would be not as broken if they make it not work with braves, that would make the other weapons more useful in a way.

Also falchions/wyrmslayers are at least more useful in pvp since everyone is going to use the Avatar so at least there is that, and actually if they released Adept in a way that Braves dont work with it you would see more wyrmslayers around.

I mean i want an skill that provides more versatility to the online feature builds, something that negates weapon bonuses not relates to stats(brave effect particularly) would be good, or anything that encourages the use of other weapoms/builds for that matter.

Numerically speaking, the Brave Weapons are "acceptable" of sorts in PVP (I still maintain that 4 Defense is "way too low" of a drop, though 10 may be "way too much" for PVP). The game isn't really built to handle both PVP and PVE, at least, not what PVP I've seen of it anyway (forging breaks both anyway)

(This isn't really related though)

As much as I'd like a Nihil, I think they probably won't because....."obvious reasons".

One thing I would like, in my opinion anyway (because I still feel that Guard Stance is too strong, and the copycat puppet + guard stance everyone strategy only does the same thing)

..Two in fact, they are skills I designed for enemies in my own Apotheosis (the rest are mostly either revamped, hilarious, or "situational" skills) are related to Guard Stance. I gave them silly names as well

Overwhelming Victory:

During User Initiated Battles, negates the effects of enemy Guard Stance

(Negates the pair up bonuses, shield gauge will not fill, also negates dual guard and passive dual guard. If the enemy has Attack and Guard Stance, enemy will not dual strike either)

Prophesized Victory:
During User Initiatied Battles, when attacking a unit in Guard Stance, any damage the front unit takes is taken by the support unit as well

(Self explanatory, but it'd be a bit weird to kill the supporting unit and leave the front unit alive)

One other skill I designed, it sort of works like adept, and is probably too powerful as well (it was a personal skill no less!) was this

Brandish:

When user initiates battle with a sword or axe, and the user would double the enemy, both attacks are delivered consecutively. Effect is not applied when using Brave Weapons

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Brandish:

When user initiates battle with a sword or axe, and the user would double the enemy, both attacks are delivered consecutively. Effect is not applied when using Brave Weapons

I think the really overpowed part of this is Axes, since you're giving this effect to the highest-might weapon in the game. I'd say it wouldn't be too overpowered with Kunai, but they are ranged and don't need in anyways. If it was just with Swords, it would still be powerful yet characters could reasonably counter it with Swordbreaker or Swordslaying weapons.

I really like the idea of Overwhelming Victory. Giving it to the flier reinforcements who are so common in Nohr or the enemy cavaliers in Birthright could really create pressure on the player.

Numerically speaking, the Brave Weapons are "acceptable" of sorts in PVP (I still maintain that 4 Defense is "way too low" of a drop, though 10 may be "way too much" for PVP). The game isn't really built to handle both PVP and PVE, at least, not what PVP I've seen of it anyway (forging breaks both anyway)

As much as I'd like a Nihil, I think they probably won't because....."obvious reasons".

One thing I would like, in my opinion anyway (because I still feel that Guard Stance is too strong, and the copycat puppet + guard stance everyone strategy only does the same thing)

..Two in fact, they are skills I designed for enemies in my own Apotheosis (the rest are mostly either revamped, hilarious, or "situational" skills) are related to Guard Stance. I gave them silly names as well

Overwhelming Victory:

During User Initiated Battles, negates the effects of enemy Guard Stance

(Negates the pair up bonuses, shield gauge will not fill, also negates dual guard and passive dual guard. If the enemy has Attack and Guard Stance, enemy will not dual strike either)

Prophesized Victory:

During User Initiatied Battles, when attacking a unit in Guard Stance, any damage the front unit takes is taken by the support unit as well

(Self explanatory, but it'd be a bit weird to kill the supporting unit and leave the front unit alive)

One other skill I designed, it sort of works like adept, and is probably too powerful as well (it was a personal skill no less!) was this

Brandish:

I was actually imagining what personal skills could the amiibo have if IS wanted to put something on them:

Brave Lion

Provides a brave effect(not applied to weapons already with one) to a weapon, cannot attack with this unit next player's turn if used.

I was also thinking about Nihil, but it would make a lot of skillsets pointless obviously...

Or a skill like Parity to negate Guard Stance bonuses and special weapon effects, not too sure, they should have made Defensive Formation stop Brave effects since it was created.

Brave Weapons by themselves aren't broken, it's more of the fact that they stack with Extravagance, Aggressor, and create really preposterous effects.

I honestly am not sure what to say about those.

(And don't mind me too much, it was really just me rambling about my skills)

I also had Aurora, which was a direct "ripoff" of the FE10 Aurora, though that was just...well, in an "attempt to "balance" counter(s)" (Though they arguably already are.) Numerically speaking, Aurora is still twice as powerful as the skills individually, somewhat.

Also the idea of Magic Counter kind of makes magic even less useful really.

In other "news", Nohr in combination basically makes it that you have a permanent proc effect really, if you choose.

(Granted you kind of need to buy skills for it to really work, but still)

30 Skill + Hoshido, pairup buddy has Lethality, Aether, Astra, Dragon Fang, and I suppose Pavise for the lol of it

Lethality Chance = 17.5%

I presume Aether still procs before Astra, (the numbers are the same, just reversed I guess)

Aether = 82.5x25%=20% (I'm just gonna round this, I'm not actually sure if the ingame uses the exact fractions)

Astra=62.5x25%=15%

Dragon Fang=47.5x32.5%=15%

So total proc chance for Instant Kill or some variant of 2x Damage (Dragon Fang usually has that kind of effect, if it doesn't your opponent has crappy bulk anyway...may not be as effective against like, berserkers or so, with their high hp/low def) is about 67.5, should have thrown in another proc skill

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Nohr could give you a lot even without skill buying (but instead with grinding).

Certain characters like Shinonome, Oboro!/Hinoka!Matoi, etc., naturally gain access to a large number of procs through their own classes, inherited classes, pass down from their parent's A+ ranks, their own A+ ranks, and marriage.

Brave Weapons by themselves aren't broken, it's more of the fact that they stack with Extravagance, Aggressor, and create really preposterous effects.

I honestly am not sure what to say about those.

TBH, for PvP, you can't make Brave Weapons less broken by reducing Def/Res more. Even if Brave Weapons set your Def/Res to 0, they would still be the most used offensive weapon as you can just Galeforce super charge(re: Flamboyant+Astra+Great Aether) OHKO two times in a row.... and technically you could have a second copy do it again. Since statues and forging are both not banned from wifi, it will remain that way FOREVER... unless you agree with friends not to do that.

Like... for the current meta, you'd have to make the condition that Brave Weapons halve Str/Mag when you initiate battle to make them not broken. Even Lightning is a OHKO when min-maxed.

TBH, for PvP, you can't make Brave Weapons less broken by reducing Def/Res more. Even if Brave Weapons set your Def/Res to 0, they would still be the most used offensive weapon as you can just Galeforce super charge(re: Flamboyant+Astra+Great Aether) OHKO two times in a row.... and technically you could have a second copy do it again. Since statues and forging are both not banned from wifi, it will remain that way FOREVER... unless you agree with friends not to do that.

Like... for the current meta, you'd have to make the condition that Brave Weapons halve Str/Mag when you initiate battle to make them not broken. Even Lightning is a OHKO when min-maxed.

That is why i dont like how they implemented forging, i understand that is technically difficult to make a +7 forge brave weapon, but in reality hackers can do it im 30 seconds and they are considered legal in pvp because is something possible within the boundaries of the game, i mean every other forgeable weapon currently is nice to an extent, it helps to characters who dont have legendary weapons to be able to be used, but braves just shutdown everything, tanking is still impossible because of that and the extravagance+line of death+aggresors skills, i like a lot of changes but still cannot understand who in all of IS tought this was a good idea, pretty sure it was a chess player.

That is why i dont like how they implemented forging, i understand that is technically difficult to make a +7 forge brave weapon, but in reality hackers can do it im 30 seconds and they are considered legal in pvp because is something possible within the boundaries of the game, i mean every other forgeable weapon currently is nice to an extent, it helps to characters who dont have legendary weapons to be able to be used, but braves just shutdown everything, tanking is still impossible because of that and the extravagance+line of death+aggresors skills, i like a lot of changes but still cannot understand who in all of IS tought this was a good idea, pretty sure it was a chess player.

Actually, having forging be easier for lower rank weapons is also bad in combination for multiplayer. It makes lower rank weapons more valuable than higher rank weapons and therefore almost negates the advantage of having a higher weapon rank. You are supposed to be encouraged to use the Legendary Weapons as an S rank, not have them be inferior to Iron/Silver Weapons that are forged to +7. The forging system is just not good for multiplayer, and it would be hard to fix it.

Actually, having forging be easier for lower rank weapons is also bad in combination for multiplayer. It makes lower rank weapons more valuable than higher rank weapons and therefore almost negates the advantage of having a higher weapon rank. You are supposed to be encouraged to use the Legendary Weapons as an S rank, not have them be inferior to Iron/Silver Weapons that are forged to +7. The forging system is just not good for multiplayer, and it would be hard to fix it.

Glad to not be the only one that thinks that, if it was not for forging pvp would actually have a better meta, is just a shame taking into account that they tried to nerf Galeforce and took out LB, make magic not OP, just so they can make forging broken.

If you ask me, the awakening system was somewhat ok.......though forging effects should be halved on braves, "for obvious reasons"

...Why are we talking about this though? Rip

Honestly speaking braves just rip the game into pieces.

Yeah, they could make forging more limited or make legendary weapons stand out much more, i mean making the power creep higher would require more defensive skills or whatever, but i dont think they not could test it in the first place, and the problem comes if they really test it and still tought it was a great idea for multiplayer, at least i can fight with friends without forging so is not completely bad.

Glad to not be the only one that thinks that, if it was not for forging pvp would actually have a better meta, is just a shame taking into account that they tried to nerf Galeforce and took out LB, make magic not OP, just so they can make forging broken.

Yeah, they could make forging more limited or make legendary weapons stand out much more, i mean making the power creep higher would require more defensive skills or whatever, but i dont think they not could test it in the first place, and the problem comes if they really test it and still tought it was a great idea for multiplayer, at least i can fight with friends without forging so is not completely bad.

I guess that's why I just don't care for PvP in Fire Emblem - every time it's been implemented, they screw it up somehow. I'd rather they just not bother, if they can't even do PvP well without screwing it up...

I guess that's why I just don't care for PvP in Fire Emblem - every time it's been implemented, they screw it up somehow. I'd rather they just not bother, if they can't even do PvP well without screwing it up...

I think the matches in ovp are overall good, if it not were for forging tanking and debuffing sets would actually be overall indirectly better, which would provide a more diverse meta, heck this installment has overall my favorite set of skills, it is just a shame that you cannot be creative because optimizing is having a +7 forged brave with attacking skills, of course at least against friends you can limit it yourself, but on random matches this will not be the case.

I know that some skills like Proximity Shot aren't available in the game at the moment, so how do we get them, my guess is a DLC pack which you get an item skill for each map, then you can go back to buy more but they're incredibly expensive.

Those aren't staples, not every unit wants those skills. Galeforce, Copycat, Flamboyant are the closest things to staples, and even then, the support units don't want Galeforce or Flamboyant. Clear Mind effects are solely dependent on you using weapons that -2 Str/Mag, Skl on a regular basis. Weapons that aren't even necessarily the best. However, even then, if you get attacked by 5 guys on enemy phase with a silver weapon, that's still 5-6 turns of recovering to full power. Swallow Strike is a very good skill, but it's not extremely good in a game where most things happen on the enemy turn due to their larger numbers. Household cure is even less applicable as it requires you to use have a slot open for consumables. These are all great skills, but they are hardly staples for every character.

Well Clear Mind would also help with Brave Weapons and certain other weapons but it's true there are still plenty of weapons that don't reduce stats.

Wasn't aware of it being an enemy-phase game but ok.

And I thought consumables might be more valuable in this game given that they've reduced the durability and healing power of staves.