Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

You need to use up another copy of the same weapon to forge the original, so stuff like S-ranked weapons probably can't be forged. No idea how many of the special weapons like Odin's darkness tome can be found in the game though, or if you'd want to give up having a second one just to make the first one slightly stronger.

I've been wondering about this too. I'm assuming that weapons you can't normally buy (like Hana's Pretty-blade) are either event obtained or are similar to the barracks items from Awakening in that you can randomly get them. But here's to hoping that the Streetpass farming method from Awakening returns. I want my Kazahana to wreck with her maximum forged Pretty-blade (which I have no idea how many times a weapon can be forged or what can be forged).

Edited by BlueSunStudios

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randomly-activating skills like Breaking Sky and Vengeance still don't stack, right?

? Not sure what you're asking here. Two procs can't activate on a single attack, but proc stacking is still a very viable strategy.

? Not sure what you're asking here. Two procs can't activate on a single attack, but proc stacking is still a very viable strategy.

Pretty sure activating at the same time is what he meant. Though we'd need to know how the proc priority goes before we can use proc stacking to its full potential. If the order of procs returning from Awakening stays the same, I'm guessing it'll go something like:

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Dragon Fang > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Breaking Sky > Vengeance

Does anybody know what skills Nohr applies to? I've seen so much conflicting information on the subject, I don't know who to believe. I can't tell if its proc skills or support skills or what.

I don't know myself, but members here say it's for support skills, i.e. Open Assault, Roundhouse, etc.

I believe Hoshido is the better skill honestly. In fact, I believe the White Blood class > Dark Blood class. B Rank Staves > B Rank Magic.

You get Misfortune and Sin, Draw, Wind Summon, and Vanished Disaster, all of which are invaluable when compared to B Rank Tomes and Spells.

Honestly, that makes me sad. Dark Blood is so cool.

Edited by Leif

I don't know myself, but members here say it's for support skills, i.e. Open Assault, Roundhouse, etc.

I believe Hoshido is the better skill honestly. In fact, I believe the White Blood class > Dark Blood class. B Rank Staves > B Rank Magic.

You get Misfortune and Sin, Draw, Wind Summon, and Vanished Disaster, all of which are invaluable when compared to B Rank Tomes and Spells.

Honestly, that makes me sad. Dark Blood is so cool.

I don't understand why there would be conflicting information on something as easy to establish as this...but I believe people have confirmed that Nohr works with the partner's proc skills, which is easier to test than if it works with support skills like the ones you mentioned.

Hoshido and Nohr would actually work pretty well in combination to produce a super Kamui. Put him in Guard Stance with someone who supplies all the stuff he could want but not have room to fit (e.g. Pavise/Aegis/Miracle/Breaking Sky/Luna - the last two are a procstack and none of these conflict with each other in a detrimental way), while Kamui runs Hoshido+Nohr and three other non-proc skills to become an absolute beast

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Dragon Fang > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Breaking Sky > Vengeance

Yeah, this seems pretty logical. Kinda ironic how Sol's high priority makes it a worse skill.

I don't understand why there would be conflicting information on something as easy to establish as this...but I believe people have confirmed that Nohr works with the partner's proc skills, which is easier to test than if it works with support skills like the ones you mentioned.

Hoshido and Nohr would actually work pretty well in combination to produce a super Kamui. Put him in Guard Stance with someone who supplies all the stuff he could want but not have room to fit (e.g. Pavise/Aegis/Miracle/Breaking Sky/Luna - the last two are a procstack and none of these conflict with each other in a detrimental way), while Kamui runs Hoshido+Nohr and three other non-proc skills to become an absolute beast

Because the wiki and, at one point, the SF page was claiming it applied to support skills. At least, that would be my guess and why I was so confused on it.

Wow. Just wow. Streetpassing and buying Either Hoshido or Nohr for Kamui is now going to be a staple in PvP. I assume this only works for Kamui and Kanna only, right? Or, do Second Generation children (with Kamui as a Parent) get the Dark Prince(ss) class chain?

So, for example, I would have Kamui run Hoshido, Nohr, Copycat Puppet, Flamboyant, and Puppet Break, while a support unit like Shinonome, who has Righteous Bravery (personal), Astra, Breaking Sky, Vantage, Line of Death and Flowing Strike. So if Kamui runs into battle with Shinonome as a support unit, then Kamui will get all of Shinonome's skills in addition to his own? So he'd have a total of twelve skills!?

Wow. Just wow. Streetpassing and buying Either Hoshido or Nohr for Kamui is now going to be a staple in PvP. I assume this only works for Kamui and Kanna only, right? Or, do Second Generation children (with Kamui as a Parent) get the Dark Prince(ss) class chain?

So, for example, I would have Kamui run Hoshido, Nohr, Copycat Puppet, Flamboyant, and Puppet Break, while a support unit like Shinonome, who has Righteous Bravery (personal), Astra, Breaking Sky, Vantage, Line of Death and Flowing Strike. So if Kamui runs into battle with Shinonome as a support unit, then Kamui will get all of Shinonome's skills in addition to his own? So he'd have a total of twelve skills!?

I don't believe Line of Death, Flowing Strike or Vantage can activate through Nohr. If I'm not mistaken it only applies to proc skills like Breaking Sky and Sol. I'll need to test this, but it certainly does not activate Soar or Flamboyance, so I don't see why it would activate Line of Death.

I don't believe Line of Death, Flowing Strike or Vantage can activate through Nohr. If I'm not mistaken it only applies to proc skills like Breaking Sky and Sol. I'll need to test this, but it certainly does not activate Soar or Flamboyance, so I don't see why it would activate Line of Death.

Ohhh, so Proc Skills only then? Well I guess that would mean I would put those passive skills on Kamui and other proc-skills, like, Breaking Sky, Aegis, Pavise, on the support unit? Interesting. God Mode Kamui activated!

I'm kinda lost here. It seems proc skills are randomly activated skills but, what does it mean exactly?

"Proc" meaning process, as in a process ran by a computer, is used to describe skills that activate randomly, like you said. It is an old term not just associated with Fire Emblem.

Proc skills in FEfates are things like Astra and Dragon Fang, skills that have a % chance of occuring during battle.

I'm kinda lost here. It seems proc skills are randomly activated skills but, what does it mean exactly?

"Process". As in, Skill% chance that Sol will process on a unit that has it (and no proc skills that take priority over it).

There is diminishing returns on stacking proc skills, so unless more on the Nohr skill comes to light I will become unimpressed with Dark Blood as a whole. White Blood is the better class (and in fact the best class for the Avatar's unique weapons), and Draconic Curse alone will probably have a pretty hard time selling me the class alone on the third route.

That being said, Copycat Puppet, Nohr, (free space), Flamboyant, and Hoshido would be a pretty insane third route skill setup with a supporting character with a package like, say, Breaking Sky and Lethality.

ADD: While we're on this train of thought . . .

I have a question regarding Draconic Shield. Does it use the Luck of the savee, or the saver? Basically, if Kamui were mothering Midoriko, which would work better with Lucky Charm: Draconic Shield, or Hoshido?

(Also, if anybody cares, does it stack with Pavise/Aegis, or can only one damage-halving skill proc at a time?)

Edited by Tamarsamar

Just a quick question: what does witch's cauldron do? I know it has a % chance to get an herb up to the 7th turn, but I don't know what an herb does in this game. Is it a recovery item? I can't find an herb on the items list on the main page.

If Aqua acquires the Copycat Puppet skill (presumably through using a Marriage Seal when S-ranked with someone with Herb Merchant or Ninja as their primary class), and reclasses back to her Singer class, will there be two units capable of singing on the field?

Nope. No singing from the puppet.

So passive Skills or Procs for Nohr? I've heard both. Regardless, I'm going to recruit a friend's Hoshido Corrin with all the skills that trigger Nohr. 10 Skill MU will be so worth the slot the White Blood will take up.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

How does the skill "Extravagance" work? I just got it for Mozume, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

From the description, I assumed it would either be a skill where you select a command to spend whatever and boost your offence and defence by ten for either a turn or the rest of the battle, or a passive skill where as long as you got the cost covered you automatically sprend and get buffed every turn or once for the battle.

When I equipped it, there were no extra options, and damage given/taken didn't change with it equipped. Also, what does it mean by spending a gold coin? Does it mean the currency you use? Just one of that would be such a puny price... The only other thing I can think of is the gold you get with "easy life", which I also have plenty of.

How does the skill "Extravagance" work? I just got it for Mozume, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

From the description, I assumed it would either be a skill where you select a command to spend whatever and boost your offence and defence by ten for either a turn or the rest of the battle, or a passive skill where as long as you got the cost covered you automatically sprend and get buffed every turn or once for the battle.

When I equipped it, there were no extra options, and damage given/taken didn't change with it equipped. Also, what does it mean by spending a gold coin? Does it mean the currency you use? Just one of that would be such a puny price... The only other thing I can think of is the gold you get with "easy life", which I also have plenty of.

Golden Coins are items that sell for 300 G that look like bullions from Awakening. You get them from feeding Lilith, and you have a luck% chance of getting one on the seventh turn of every map with the Easy Life skill.

Just a quick question: what does witch's cauldron do? I know it has a % chance to get an herb up to the 7th turn, but I don't know what an herb does in this game. Is it a recovery item? I can't find an herb on the items list on the main page.

It seems you get a "medicine" type item, like a Vulnerary, Concoction, Elixir or stat Tonic.

But since the class isn't out yet, we don't really know.

Finally saw a skill proc against Dragonskin.

In this case, it was Astra, 16 damage went to 5 (instead of the usual 8)

Might have been more complicated with all the halving everywhere

Critical hit, 7 damage went to 10 (instead of the usually expected 21)

Another one, 12>18 (instead of the usually expected 36)

The astra case needs more investigation, but it seems like Dragonskin turns crits into "1.5x damage" instead.

Yeah they really "learnt their lesson", guess they don't want people cheesing the bosses with skill + critical

Edited by CocoaGalaxy