Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you get copycat puppet before chapter 9 anyway? And if you mean by the end of chapter 9 1 i think you need to beat it to get to my castle but i could be wrong and anyway 2 it is a seize chapter anyway so you most likely can get her combat ready anyway without the puppet by singing everyturn once you kill everyone just not as fast.

Chapter 9 is where Azura joins you for real in the Nohr story; there's no chance to set up any aspect of her beforehand and also absolutely no reason to.

So I did some testing with buying skills from my castle and did end with a formula(which is actually really simple, just had to find out what were the nonfactors). Stuff is in the spoiler so it doesn't take up too much space.

I narrowed the cost down to potentially depending on 4 things: What level your unit is, how many skills that unit already has, if you're buying from a my castle supporter or right after a my castle battle, and the skill itself. The costs on the skills page is "the skill itself." It's likely that that's the base cost, so we'll hold onto it.

So I can only test Hoshido skills since that's the one we have info on. The first test is a lv 18 Midoriko. She has 8 skills: Effective Medicine, Household Cure, Snake Venom, Lifetaker, Copycat Puppet, Puppet break, Locktouch and Hoshido. The only skill I bought so far is Hoshido. Lethality, Aptitude, Easy life and Smithy Skill all cost 500 gold higher than the base cost. The skill we'll be keeping an eye on is Lethality. I just got Lethality via leveling up and the costs did not increase. So this means the number of skills you have is irrelevant to the cost, and unit level is irrelevant to the cost.

I went back to before I leveled up my Midoriko and instead bought Lethality. Costs did go up by 500G. So it seems the number of skills you bought for that unit is what's important.

Next I went to a my castle with Midoriko with Aptitude. Quickly won, noted that Aptitude costed 2750G. I recruited the Midoriko instead of buying a skill. I then checked my supporters and attempted buying Aptitude from there, and it costed 5500G. So buying a skill after winning a my castle battle cuts the skill cost in half.

Now went to a new game directly after chapter 6. Copycat Puppet costs 3000G for MU. I buy it, cost goes up to 3500G. So the increase in cost is a fixed 500G regardless of what point in the game you are at.

Which leads to the formula for skill cost: Skill cost = (Base Cost) + (Number of skills bought for that unit) * 500G

And that cost is halved if you're buying the skill from post my castle battle win.

Edited by Aidil

How would you get copycat puppet before chapter 9 anyway? And if you mean by the end of chapter 9 1 i think you need to beat it to get to my castle but i could be wrong and anyway 2 it is a seize chapter anyway so you most likely can get her combat ready anyway without the puppet by singing everyturn once you kill everyone just not as fast.

Chapter 9 is where Azura joins you for real in the Nohr story; there's no chance to set up any aspect of her beforehand and also absolutely no reason to.

Buying things via Logbook, and I meant ch.10.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Just a question on Copy Puppet's puppets, can they receive support/skill bonuses from other units? Or they're just a static, I'm here and I'm gonna stay away as my real self does stuff.

They don't get character support bonuses, but they do get class support bonuses.

They don't get character support bonuses, but they do get class support bonuses.

Could they dual guard and get stat bonuses from the dual guard?

Or the class support bonuses are other skills like add damage or subtract damage.

Could they dual guard and get stat bonuses from the dual guard?

Or the class support bonuses are other skills like add damage or subtract damage.

They give dual guard stat bonuses for their class bonus, not their support level bonus.

I do not know if skills can still activate. It would make sense as long as the clone can activate skills normally.

Do Extravagance and Line of Death stack? So if a unit spends a gold coin and has Line of Death, do they do +20 damage and receive no defense penalty (10-10=0)?

Yes. This is why I'm contemplating banning Extravagance for PvP, if they allow you to do that.

Yes. This is why I'm contemplating banning Extravagance for PvP, if they allow you to do that.

HOLY CRAP

So... you can have +27 attack for one attack if you include Aggressor, or +31 if you have that AND the Prescient Victory skill....

HOLY CRAP

So... you can have +27 attack for one attack if you include Aggressor, or +31 if you have that AND the Prescient Victory skill....

You wouldn't waste 4 skills on it, you'd use Extravagance, LoD, and Aggressor with Flamboyant and Raven Strike. Put it on Revenant Knight, Paladin, Wyvern Lord, or Dark Knight. That way you have high mobility OHKO machines. BTW, Mozume is an enabler. Simply having Villager gives access to both Extravagance and LoD, and she has Bowman for Raven Strike. And Dread Knights are easy to put on Mozume for Aggressor.

Edited by Psyruby

You wouldn't waste 4 skills on it, you'd use Extravagance, LoD, and Aggressor with Flamboyant and Raven Strike. Put it on Revenant Knight, Paladin, Wyvern Lord, or Dark Knight. That way you have high mobility OHKO machines. BTW, Mozume is an enabler. Simply having Villager gives access to both Extravagance and LoD, and she has Bowman for Raven Strike. And Dread Knights are easy to put on Mozume for Aggressor.

Wouldn't Copycat Puppet be better than Flamboyant so you can have two units who can ORKO members of the other team?

Good thing the Easy Life skill exists so Gold Coins are never a problem.

Also, are Dread Scrolls infinitely available?

Edited by Leif

Wouldn't Copycat Puppet be better than Flamboyant so you can have two units who can ORKO members of the other team?

Good thing the Easy Life skill exists so Gold Coins are never a problem.

Also, are Dread Scrolls infinitely available?

You could copycat instead of Flamboyant, but it'd be very hard to get Copycat, Ravenstrike, LoD, Extravagance on the same unit. Herb Merchant, Samurai, and Bowman are needed. (ignoring buying skills cause I believe that may be unreliable) And Dread Scrolls are infinite if you buy one of the DLC. You get 2 if you buy both games.

You could copycat instead of Flamboyant, but it'd be very hard to get Copycat, Ravenstrike, LoD, Extravagance on the same unit. Herb Merchant, Samurai, and Bowman are needed. (ignoring buying skills cause I believe that may be unreliable) And Dread Scrolls are infinite if you buy one of the DLC. You get 2 if you buy both games.

Why not buy some of the skills? Don't you logbook your units when you beat the game? Also you could streetpass yourself if you have two 3DS systems.

Why would it be unreliable?

Also has anyone tried the Warp skill?

I know the Witch hasn't been released yet, but has anyone seen warp in effect via hacking?

Mozume gets Holy Bowman, Great Merchant, and Weapon Master. She can naturally get three of those skills, then marry her to a Ninja.

Edited by gayserbeam

Mozume gets Holy Bowman, Great Merchant, and Weapon Master. She can naturally get three of those skills, then marry her to a Ninja.

Yeah I know Mozume does. Fun fact, Yukimura and Izana get LoD, EV, CC, TF, so they can be supermages that OHKO everything.

Can Kamui learn aptitude using Marriage Seal or Buddy Seal?

No, it has to be inherited. Marrying or Buddying Mozume give the Bowman class.

Evidence: attached are the Marriage Seal class choices of Ryoma after marrying Mozume. (Top option is Golden Kite Warrior)

post-16773-0-98637400-1438739985_thumb.jpg

Edited by gayserbeam

Out of curiosity, do captured units with enemy only skills keep them? I heard that the boss of the duelist museum DLC has divine shield (which is like dragonskin, except it does not nerf procable skills), on some dificulties, for instance. I would LOVE to be able to use a unit like that (and don't even get me started on "infinite staff", or "freeze").

Also, how useful are skills like shove, cut through, substitute, and rescue?