Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

Both only activate if you have more then 1 HP.

I don't think that's what they meant.

Given that the unit started with more than 1HP, if the Miracle check fails, does the game rolls another check for Miraculous Save if Suzu's the support partner?

Speaking of which, and I never got an answer for this but I asked this before, does Miraculous Save run off the front unit's luck or Suzukaze's? And if the so and the front unit is Midoriko, does her personal work(Hoshido/Flamboyant) on that?

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two questions about the children in Fates.

1) Does Skill Inheritance work the same way as it did in Awakening, with the last skill in the slots being the one the kid inherits?

2) Do each of the 2nd gen characters have a secondary class branch like the first gens, because I don't see alternate classes on the Class Sets list?

Two questions about the children in Fates.

1) Does Skill Inheritance work the same way as it did in Awakening, with the last skill in the slots being the one the kid inherits?

2) Do each of the 2nd gen characters have a secondary class branch like the first gens, because I don't see alternate classes on the Class Sets list?

1) Yes, iirc.

2) Well, because the children will always have the primary class that their fathers have as a part of their class trees (although for certain children, the father's secondary class instead), I suppose that could count as their secondary class.

1) Yes, iirc.

2) Well, because the children will always have the primary class that their fathers have as a part of their class trees (although for certain children, the father's secondary class instead), I suppose that could count as their secondary class.

So... For example, if I paired Aqua & Nishiki, and I wanted to reclass Shigure, would he be able to reclass to Spellcaster(because Fox Spirit is exclusive to Nishiki & Kinu)

So... For example, if I paired Aqua & Nishiki, and I wanted to reclass Shigure, would he be able to reclass to Spellcaster(because Fox Spirit is exclusive to Nishiki & Kinu)

Shigure gets Fox Spirit.

Okay, here is the list of inheritance for characters that have special classes.

Kamui passes down Nohr Prince(ss) to both his/her children.

Aqua passes down Pegasus Warrior to her children, but if her child already has Peg Warrior, they will get Rod Knight instead.

Flannel, Nishiki, Velour and Kinu will pass down Garou and Fox-Spirit respectively.

Mozume passes down Villager regardless of gender.(Unlike Donnel who only gave it to his sons)

Unlike FEA there is no gender specific classes, the exceptions being Butler/Maid and Mountain Priest/War Priestess though they are not very different so yeah.(Also note Distinguished Son can be given to female children and Demoiselle male children)

Aqua can pass any of her Songstress skills down with the exception of Special Song which is only available to her.

Children who have a different base class to their parent inherit the parents primary class as their secondary.These consist of:

Shigure

Midoriko

Shinonome

Foleo

Lutz

However Foleo does not miss anything as Rod Knight is Leon's secondary so really their classes are just reversed.Also Shigure gets Rod Knight as his secondary.

If a class from either parent cannot be passed down due to the child having all available classes that their parents have, they will get a faction parallel.Examples of this are:

Belka!Lutz who get Peg Warrior

Nyx!Eponine who gets Spellcaster

The class parallels are:

Cavalier-Ninja

Knight-Lancer

Fighter-Oni

Mercenary-Samurai

Outlaw-Bowman

Wyvern Rider-Pegasus Warrior

Dark Mage-Spellacster

Rod Knight-Priest(ess)

Hope I helped.(Though I think I went a bit overboard)

Edited by Azz01

The class parallels are:

Cavalier-Ninja

Knight-Lancer

Fighter-Oni

Mercenary-Samurai

Outlaw-Bowman

Wyvern Rider-Pegasus Warrior

Dark Mage-Spellacster

Rod Knight-Priest(ess)

Hope I helped.(Though I think I went a bit overboard)

Interesting that Ninja is the parallel for Cavalier. Feels like a slight nod to the Cain and Abel archetype... even it feels like a leftover matchup...

So the children have 1 extra class branch like the first gen characters, with the exeption of Shigure(because Aqua gives him Rod Knight & he also gets the base class of his father), correct?

All children will have 3 class trees not including special classes such as Dread Fighter.

A Nishik!Shigure will have:

Pegasus Warrior, Rod Knight and Fox-Spirit

Can someone give me a list of all of the children's class trees, as they're not included on the main site.

Okay.

Note-M=Mother inheritance

F=Father inheritance

Kanna

Nohr Prnce(ss)-Avatar Secondary-M/F

Shigure

Pegasus Warrior-Rod Knight-F

Deere

Rod Knight-Cavalier-M

Midoriko

Merchant-Ninja-M

Sophie

Cavalier-Mercenary-M

Shinonome

Lancer-Samurai-M

Kisaragi

Bowman-Lancer-M

Gurei

Ninja-Samurai-M

Mitama

Priestess-Merchant-M

Hisame

Samurai-Oni-M

Matoi

Pegasus Warrior-Samurai-M

Shara

Spellcaster-Oni-M

Kinu

Fox Spirit-Spellcaster-M

Seigebert

Cavalier-Wyvern Rider-M

Foleo

Rod Knight-Dark Mage-M

Soleil

Mercenary-Ninja-M

Ophelia

Dark Mage-Samurai-M

Eponine

Outlaw-Dark Mage-M

Lutz

Wyvern Rider-Fighter-M

Ignis

Knight-Fighter-M

Velour

Garou-Fighter-M

Okay.

Note-M=Mother inheritance

F=Father inheritance

Kanna

Nohr Prnce(ss)-Avatar Secondary-M/F

Shigure

Pegasus Warrior-Rod Knight-F

Deere

Rod Knight-Cavalier-M

Midoriko

Merchant-Ninja-M

Sophie

Cavalier-Mercenary-M

Shinonome

Lancer-Samurai-M

Kisaragi

Bowman-Lancer-M

Gurei

Ninja-Samurai-M

Mitama

Priestess-Merchant-M

Hisame

Samurai-Oni-M

Matoi

Pegasus Warrior-Samurai-M

Shara

Spellcaster-Oni-M

Kinu

Fox Spirit-Spellcaster-M

Seigebert

Cavalier-Wyvern Rider-M

Foleo

Rod Knight-Dark Mage-M

Soleil

Mercenary-Ninja-M

Ophelia

Dark Mage-Samurai-M

Eponine

Outlaw-Dark Mage-M

Lutz

Wyvern Rider-Fighter-M

Ignis

Knight-Fighter-M

Velour

Garou-Fighter-M

Thanks again for the help! Now I need to prepare for the western release by planning skills & such!

Just ONE more question, just making sure that Marriage Seals only work for the spouse's primary class branch(sorry if I'm being VERY stupid!) XD

EDIT: Oops, I'm real sorry, but ANOTHER question. Do the seals stack, so when you fight an enemy, if you have 2 or more seals on a character, does it lower all of the stats lowered with whatever seal is in use?

Edited by HappyHawlucha

Marriage seals are weird. For most of the time, yes you get your spouse's primary class. However for a pairing like Subaki and Hinoka, Hinoka gets Samurai from Subaki and Subaki gets Lance Fighter from Hinoka. It's because they share the same primary class. So they get their secondary classes.

There are some exceptions like pairing Charlotte with Flannel. I believe Flannel gets nothing from Charlotte, but Charlotte gets Outlaw from Flannel. Charlotte shares Flannel's secondary class. It's weird and I don't fully know all the rules/exceptions. Plus I could be wrong about some things...

Seals do stack, like if you have Speed and Defense seal on a unit. However, if you use a Shuriken/Kunai that also lowers defense and speed, the seals will take priority because they have a higher value of -6 versus the smaller -4 Shuriken/Kunai debuff. All in all the highest debuff value takes priority, so you can't get a unit's speed down by -10 of you have a hidden weapon that lowers speed by four and speed seal that lowers speed by -6. Make sense?

Edit:

There's an enemy-only skill called Negative chain that allows debuffs to stack, but it's obviously not available to players.

Edited by Leif

Also, just thought I would post this.If the spouse of Aqua, Mozume, Flannel, Nishiki, Velour or Kinu have the same primary as their secondary, they will get:

Rod Knight(Aqua), Merchant(Mozume, Nishiki and Kinu) and Outlaw(Flannel and Velour).However, the people mentioned above will get nothing.This is also the case with Buddy Seals.

If Kamui shares the same secondary as his spouse, the spouse will get a Faction Parallel class(Which I believe I have already posted).Kamui will get nothing.

If a character has the same secondary as a Spouse's or Buddy's primary, they will get nothing.E.g Takumi x Oboro.Oboro gets Bowman however Takumi gets nothing as he already has Lancer.

Do the Levels & tier stay the same through marriage seals, ie: Hinoka LV 10 Falcon Warrior, if she used a Marriage seal while married to Asama, would she become a Level 10 War Priestess or Exorcist?

Edited by HappyHawlucha

Do the Levels & tier stay the same through marriage seals, ie: Hinoka LV 10 Falcon Warrior, if she used a Marriage seal while married to Asama, would she become a Level 10 War Priestess or Exorcist?

Yes.Levels do stay the same.

Okay, so, a question on how the Logbook works. Can you use it on a file you have on your system? Like if I had a Silas on another file with a skill I wanted, I could use the Logbook to buy that skill for my other Silas?

Okay, so, a question on how the Logbook works. Can you use it on a file you have on your system? Like if I had a Silas on another file with a skill I wanted, I could use the Logbook to buy that skill for my other Silas?

Yes you can.