Pokemon Sacred Gold Nuzlocke [COMPLETED]

Shuuda

Qgr4ujt.jpg

Pokemon Sacred Gold Nuzlocke

Yes, welcome to this nuzlocke playthrough of Drayano's Sacred Gold hack for Pokemon Heart Gold. This hack allows you to find every Pokemon that had been added to games by the 4th gen, and also increases the challenge of Gym leaders and other trainers.

So prepare yourself for a short lived series, where you'll witness beatings, thrashing, shit being pushed back in, and generally unethical treatment of both man and animal. Also, big screenshots! The rules for this playthough will be as follows:

[spoiler=Rules]- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
- The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
- Must nickname every Pokémon.
- A black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
- Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to prevent the player from having to catch multiple of the same Pokémon, for the sake of variety. Generally this means that the trainer can keep fighting Pokémon in the area until one is encountered that has not been caught yet, which then immediately counts as the first encounter.
- If the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not itis the first encounter in the area.
- No legendary captures.
- Due to the supposed difficulty of the hack. All gift Pokemon will be accepted. This rule may change if people disagree with it

And so, we shall begin!

[spoiler=Prologue]

f9Um7FJ.jpg

This intro screen is a lie. This is not merely Heart Gold, but you can still take a moment to admire the fabulous bird.

gULVgOg.jpg

KjFGWqb.jpg

Oak makes sure we know what we're in for. Don't let the smile fool you; he really hopes I suffer.

jQe5Hzf.jpg

uDJLVl2.jpg

Here's me with my awesome and original name. Pictured left are the faces of evil.

aSkznaJ.jpg

HURRAY! ME TOO! HURRAY FOR ME!

sqavZT6.jpg

Running Shoes, bike, and GB Sounds before even leaving the house. Best mum ever. But seriously, this is pretty sweet getting all this stuff off the bat. I'll be having the GB Sounds on, since I'm a nostalgic twat. Gameboy Colour forever!

Capbxyv.jpg

Don't worry, you only crushed my soul. Anyway, we need to head over to Elm's Lab.

GClIMSt.jpg

A handsome devil. Would you like to cause problems for the establishment with me?

3hyaxzM.jpg

Today is our lucky day. Finally, we'll be allowed to leave this place, after years of isolation from the rest of the world. Now, it's a simple case of picking our partner, who will never die.

8KeV3d1.jpg

Hmm...

cjwhcfl.jpg

Mmhmm...

9tLxmSl.jpg

I see...

I have made my decision. There's only one choice for me.

I26pxNN.jpg

It's the cutest starter ever after all. And I also have the perfect name in mind.

u4nruvb.jpg

Looking good. I think that's a lax nature. Also, new ability for the hack.

ela5MJW.jpg

Squee.

skSVsSW.jpg

He's much cuter than tubby largekins over there.

eN1TvGg.jpg

Yes. Now we can collect numbers and be pestered by the tosspots we brutalise.

For example...

1MKVPDy.jpg

UEiQj7I.jpg

eXyIW6C.jpg

Our first wild battle. Of course, the Nuzlocke doesn't start until we have Pokeballs. Also, just one example of the new Pokemon that have been added to the region.

X5cOcv4.jpg

Another reason to approve of this hack.

7IxMjBW.jpg

Our first level up. We also learn Razor Leaf.

6kNaVEa.jpg

Khej7qM.jpg

Thankfully, this old man gives us some stuff to make up for his droning. We heal up and then head onto Route 30 for some more training.

XnaN0qd.jpg

Here's another Pokemon that'll get a Weedle instead of.

BseVG5J.jpg

I might actually make us for this for once, since any free balls will help save money for precious potions.

tnNm8HM.jpg

Cameos from the inferior 4th generation games? You bet your arse this hack has them!

pkgj3y3.jpg

Garchomp please.

jf7IGBk.jpg

gQ6SELP.jpg

I'm so terribly bad at making decisions, ma'am. I'm better off with a Garchomp.

VsfszVB.jpg

Okay, he's modest. That narrows it down. Also, I wish I'd named it Garchomp for a comic effect. Alas.

T5Accbk.jpg

Yes, it's completely a mystery to everyone.

nCdHjH7.jpg

And, we're all set on the menu front now. Thanks old pal.

FJigBZR.jpg

That sounds urgent, Prof. I'll race right back.

k2cnLEi.jpg

After training...

lr9AuFg.jpg

... and doing this. Squee.

fI8rtJd.jpg

Now my feelings are hurt. If this guy thinks I'm a loser, then it's gotta be true.

rOYxVN3.jpg

sb1r0In.jpg

But at least I've got an advantage. Thank you Cynthia.

tVDJx6y.jpg

That Cyndaquil did a worrying amount of damage with its Tackle. Honestly, I don't know how much this Growl actually helped.

67cJqaz.jpg

fdR14fz.jpg

Tackle. Tackle. Tackle. Tackle. Verdante's got it down.

VJ2bW1l.jpg

Yes.

IYx6IxI.jpg

Yeah... good luck with that, mate.

CssDnrK.jpg

Your beautiful, beautiful name.

And there you have it; a Nuzlocke prologue with absolutely no Nuzlocking whatsoever. Tune in for the next part, where I'll quest to gather as much fodder as possible.

I sincerely hope that I can continue this for a good while, and that you'll enjoy it.

Edited by Shuuda

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat. I've been playing SG recently myself! Just got to Cianwood.

Good luck with your run. I hope you encounter a Staryu in Falkner's town. You can actually evolve it once you complete the Bellsprout Tower and totally steamroll Falkner's birds.

Neat. I've been playing SG recently myself! Just got to Cianwood.

Good luck with your run. I hope you encounter a Staryu in Falkner's town. You can actually evolve it once you complete the Bellsprout Tower and totally steamroll Falkner's birds.

I know you get evolution item from the tower, but I'm saving it for Eevee. If don't catch a Mareep, then I'll likely need to evolve it into Jolteon, since the first two gyms both have plenty of flying types.

I know you get evolution item from the tower, but I'm saving it for Eevee. If don't catch a Mareep, then I'll likely need to evolve it into Jolteon, since the first two gyms both have plenty of flying types.

Sounds like a better idea.

I forget that Starmie is stuck with Water Gun until you actually defeat Falkner, haha.

Sounds like a better idea.

I forget that Starmie is stuck with Water Gun until you actually defeat Falkner, haha.

Honestly, it's a tough choice between Jolteon and Vaporeon. The former will come in handy early on, but in the long term Vaporeon has a lot to offer because of its ice attacks and bulk. Espeon is worth considering, because I think it gets Magic Guard as an alternative ability in this game. Also, Glaceon for gimmicks.

Honestly, it's a tough choice between Jolteon and Vaporeon. The former will come in handy early on, but in the long term Vaporeon has a lot to offer because of its ice attacks and bulk. Espeon is worth considering, because I think it gets Magic Guard as an alternative ability in this game. Also, Glaceon for gimmicks.

Thing about Espeon is that you have to make Eevee completely happy, which is gonna take a while. I don't think that Eevee, even with Adaptability, will stand much of a chance.

So, yeah, I think Jolteon and Vaporeon are your best bets right now.

Like you said, wait until you can get a Mareep to choose. Because Ampharos is amazing. Best Pokemon ever.

Thing about Espeon is that you have to make Eevee completely happy, which is gonna take a while. I don't think that Eevee, even with Adaptability, will stand much of a chance.

So, yeah, I think Jolteon and Vaporeon are your best bets right now.

Actually, I think some of the items you can get from the tower allow you to evolve to Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon immidately.

Like you said, wait until you can get a Mareep to choose. Because Ampharos is amazing. Best Pokemon ever.

I'm very fond of Ampharos, so I'm hoping I get to use one.

Actually, I think some of the items you can get from the tower allow you to evolve to Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon immidately.

Oh, I see. I don't have the text file detailing everything that he changed so I thought happiness evolutions were still in.

Well, then! Espeon seems like a great choice if you happen to catch a Mareep.

Oh, I see. I don't have the text file detailing everything that he changed so I thought happiness evolutions were still in.

They are. Espeon and Umbreon just had theirs changed.

Episode One: Misspell of Misfortune

So, here we are at the first episode, where I finally begin Nuzlocking. What exciting assortment of fodder will I find in the wild grass? How will my team deal with their first trainer battles?

[spoiler=Episode One]

lOIu9Ds.jpg

That is correct. 'Twas I, fine officer.

Hlfpcjq.jpg

Shit! That's not how you spell Fuckface.

That does it. This LP is over. Sod off everyone.

TIXUyH1.jpg

Breakfast delivery. Check.

riSKvhZ.jpg

Bank account set up. Check.

X9mqtFk.jpg

Thanking Drayano for skipping the tutorial. Check.

8DmFGJN.jpg

Nice. Now we can finally start the Nuzlocke. We'll discover what awesome Pokemon we can find.

xouraCl.jpg

Like Pidgey. In all fairness, you can also catch Bidoof on Route 29.

FAFiTkU.jpg

So lonely. It's Hurricane, our first ever capture. Honestly, getting a flying type is good. Even Pidgey. But I could've had a Starly, which would've been marginally more interesting.

aZwPvbq.jpg

Thankfully, we get another encounter straight after that.

zCOS54E.jpg

Never seen one of those before.

G6ePwuY.jpg

Honestly, again, it's a good Pokemon to have for the first gym, even if it is bland. So say hello to Shingle, the Geodude. Heck, he might be useful for quite sometime.

And since we have the Old Rod, we can get a capture in Cherrygrove...

mtqhfFp.jpg

gTSzqhy.jpg

It's inevitable, so I figured it was best to get it out of the way early.

wznyFFc.jpg

Not even bad. It's Cuddles the Magikarp. Brave nature isn't the worst for a potential Gyarados. Probably not going to keep him in the party, since he's slow to gain experience.

DoxjUOc.jpg

Time for yet another capture.

bsoz0Lu.jpg

Shit!

KbGy1sn.jpg

Shit! I'd have been happy to get a Catepie. Butterfree's great for Compound Eyes and Sleep Powder. Maybe I'll swap train it later, but not until get get higher level wild encounters.

Enough catching the same Pokemon I could've gotten in the vanilla game. Let's do some battles...

kPuKjYd.jpg

KwyguTe.jpg

Easy.

xopXL1C.jpg

Shit!

kghmjAC.jpg

See, easy.

XXKbyIF.jpg

Yep. This won't get annoying. Next fight.

dLStvOR.jpg

hH6qfIy.jpg

Glad it had no poison attacks.

e9Io4aA.jpg

ewykRhS.jpg

kaWZQHp.jpg

That might come in handy.

aUu93dt.jpg

V4DvqIH.jpg

Jealous.

g4arRYc.jpg

Gr5RYA6.jpg

ex7Jdfh.jpg

Go Cuddles!

vg8Ku74.jpg

Hey look, a new Route. That means another capture.

OTHOC5F.jpg

Finally get a capture a Pokemon not found in the vanilla game, and it's the blandest of them all.

V8BVRbJ.jpg

Quirky nature. At least it actually has some moves. Welcome aboard, Studmuffin.

8QpB5Sx.jpg

One last capture before we head to Violet City.

8dj4fns.jpg

I like Hariyama, you know. I'm happy with this.

c5mcGLv.jpg

Nice level, and a decent ability. Being female will hopefully mean it'll be good for Whitney.

With all my captures done, I do a bit of grinding and battling before heading off. But wait!

aHOXnx9.jpg

What's it going to be?

OpHe5ds.jpg

Seriously, what's it going to be? I don't like either of the Hoenn bugs, so I can take either.

xzAGU8B.jpg

At least his name suits him better now.

ft4pYG7.jpg

Shit! I could've had one of those? Damn Metapods.

SEhlybq.jpg

Last battle for the episode.

4jWQrlS.jpg

TSV6Deu.jpg

Get the feeling I ought to get used to this.

HCCOBa5.jpg

EBuubHE.jpg

Delightful.

With the episode done, here's a brief snapshot of my current team.

[spoiler=Team]rsNazsd.jpg

I have high hopes for Titan. Shingle will be good once he learns Rock Throw, too. Overall, a bland team, which suits me just perfectly.

Wait, what platform is this on? Those graphics look a bit bette than the DS.

I'm emulating with Desmume. However, I'm using the free version of Bandicam to take screenshots, since it lets me put the two screens side by side and save them automatically as jpgs.

Episode Two: Sprout Tower

[spoiler=Episode Two]

aGIeyro.jpg

Stuff.

OmmWAWj.jpg

And finally, we reach Violet City, where the first gym battle will be taking place. Sadly, that won't be for a while.

slukRXi.jpg

Hurray. I can think of a use for that already.

RogeBeD.jpg

CdwRr65.jpg

Yes, free starter, because we need all the replacements we can find.

fAifTBN.jpg

But I'm going to make it a rule that I'll only have one starter in my battling team at any time. Having a team full of starters seems kind of boring to me. So say hello to Verdante replacement number one.

DAS7rrL.jpg

If you were looking forwards to the gym battle, bad news for you.

Jr1cjPT.jpg

Instead, enjoy old men battles.

zNUKpo3.jpg

JPeAxvE.jpg

F2Jtp3s.jpg

sWDt485.jpg

Easy trainers here at least.

kjrfkQu.jpg

xK3tkA5.jpg

Fabulous. Plus we learnt Absorb to boot.

G3yyqz4.jpg

VMoj34I.jpg

sktQK47.jpg

TyRu2CV.jpg

These trainers have something for everyone, thankfully.

rQt1GXx.jpg

And you'll burn like them, too.

HD6QKp8.jpg

NM3Qnbo.jpg

jkTlYQY.jpg

And we get our encounter for the Sprout Tower...

fRLvZ1b.jpg

Okay...

RBdLf9b.jpg

Okay.

jPh42i7.jpg

Looking good. But seriously, the wild Pokemon were more trouble than the actual trainers.

wheHMV9.jpg

The gauntlet on the last floor. I did go and heal before dealing with these.

Q7BRecB.jpg

4qcjY6S.jpg

I didn't want to risk a critical from Bellsprouts Razor Leaf, so I chickened out.

cwcorf0.jpg

YKZ4w3R.jpg

nllNeVe.jpg

Their Pokemon are so much more interesting than mine.

dWqspLy.jpg

buj9qjF.jpg

XICVJVV.jpg

mqtxl4T.jpg

VBY96ns.jpg

Now to challenge the elder. But first...

kmkxjF6.jpg

I need to sort out the capture for Route 32. I'm hoping for a Mareep.

bInfPH9.jpg

R1B4iiV.jpg

At least it had the decently to come with an attack. Replacement grass type is here. Now to fight the elder.

B5GZWWx.jpg

fHDdseq.jpg

Smug snake. Anyway.

K8iiS2L.jpg

nE8QgSN.jpg

I suppose this counts as the boss fight for this episode.

0sS4DZd.jpg

Easy first round.

zhSUaCy.jpg

This fight got a bit tricky. But Verdante had an ace up his sleeve.

SSusfNf.jpg

We saved a Potion this one time.

gJVr0PY.jpg

BOkaA3R.jpg

kWNM3je.jpg

And that wraps up all the trainer battles you'll be seeing this time. Aside from the Cherubi, his team hardly gave me any trouble at all.

UuXxola.jpg

SLva2ix.jpg

Yes, time for a evolution. I'll leave you in suspense, even though I made my choices clear before.

WZxMwr7.jpg

I also got TM70 for Flash!

nvHI1tS.jpg

vErIKBB.jpg

My new favourite teammate.

OjjezHV.jpg

That just about wraps this update up. However, since I did ge tthe Exp. Share, I wanted to take care of one last thing.

zR42SH2.jpg

I grinded Azure up and evolved him. This however presented me with a choice... or maybe you with one.

Next time, I'll be challenging the Gym and Falkner. I think I've got everything I need to take him on with this fine team.

[spoiler=Team]XIN5gjT.jpg

However, with two fully evolved bugs to choose from, I'm going to let you guys decide which one I'll take from here on out. I just though this would add a bit of interactivity. I might do these are random intervals if you lot want them. So I present:

I'd Call This Battle of the Bugs, I'm Pretty Sure I Want to Keep That for Later!

Just select one of these two fully evolved bugs, whom I've grinded to the same level, and then the one with the most votes will get priority on my team.

[spoiler=The Candidates]

G7MUbxI.jpg

K6r6Ddy.jpg

And that's all for this update. I hope you enjoy.

Edited by Shuuda

Ballte of the Bugs? Well, if your LP and mine fight, it'l be the battle of the BuLgs. Get it? Because my naming theme is based on German history? Battle of the Bulge?

...sorry.