Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Sup, I'm new here, and I bring you spoilers about Kamui's relation to the Hoshidan siblings.

I apologize if this isn't actually news but I saw a lot of misinformation regarding the Hoshidan siblings and how they're your half-siblings or that your real parents are dead and then Mikoto adopted you or whatever and generally I just got tired of all the "INCEST!!!!11" threads (side-eyes gamefaqs), so I took a look at Ryouma's, Hinoka's, Takumi's and Sakura's S-Rank support conversations with Kamui. Since they go more or less the same, I decided to translate Ryouma's, so hopefully this clears things up. i've been lurking the forums for like half a year, it's been like 5000 years since i last joined a forum and this is what i sign up for smh

Just a heads-up, because OLDER BROTHER RYOUMA sounds ridiculous I decided to leave it as Ryouma-nii-san, or just 'you'.

I also went with the default name of Kamui here. Also, English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes/typos. There probably are.
Lastly, some things might sound a little awkward, so yeah. (then again the whole game is awkward on so many levels)
Enjoy. Maybe? If you want to translate it for yourself, see attachment file.

Kamui: Ryouma-nii-san. Is it alright if I talk to you today as well?

Ryouma: Ah, Kamui. Recently, you've been coming to me for that a lot.

Kamui: Yes. When I look at this ring that I received from you, I get in the mood to hear more.

Ryouma: I see...

Kamui: Is there something wrong? It seems that you aren't too happy...

Ryouma: No, it's nothing...

Kamui: But... you look like you are really in pain, so I'm worried. Is there no way I could help?

Ryouma: ….............Kamui... With you worrying about me like this... It makes me want to tell you. I wonder... if father and mother would forgive me.

Kamui: …?

Ryouma: … Kamui. There is something I must apologize for to you. Until now, I've been talking about familial bonds, but... I... I am not your brother. what a twist!

Kamui: … Huh!? W-What is the meaning of this!?

Ryouma: It is just that. You and I, we are not related by blood.

Kamui: Th-that's impossible... Ryouma-nii-san and I, we share the same father! I am aware that our mothers are not the same, but we should be half-siblings...

Ryouma: …............No, you're wrong. As the only one of us siblings, I heard the truth from our father... from King Sumeragi. You are not King Sumeragi's child.

Kamui: !!

Ryouma: When Queen Mikoto married King Sumeragi and came to Bykuya (Hoshido)...She brought her child that lived in her home country with her. That would be you...Kamui. King Sumeragi... He knew it was not his real child, yet since it was the child of the woman he loved... He decided to raise it as his own. Surely you know that his love for you was very deep.

Kamui: Yes... King Sumeragi... Father really did love me. Even know that I know the truth... I still believe that King Sumeragi was my father. But then... Then... Who, is my real father...?

Ryouma: … I don't know that either. King Sumeragi also wouldn't answer that.

Kamui: I... see...

Ryouma: … I had no intention of ever telling this to anyone. Not my real siblings... and not you of course.

Kamui: … Then, why...?

Ryouma: I knew it would hurt you, yet I still told you... The reason for that is that I wanted to forge a bond between us that goes beyond that of siblings. … I love you, not as a sibling, but as a woman.

Kamui: ! Ryouma-nii-san...!

Ryouma: … I wouldn't lie about my feelings. I couldn't keep on living while lying to you... I want to stand by your side. I have no intentions of letting someone else take you.

Kamui: …............ In that case, I will also... tell you my feelings.

Ryouma: Yes...

Kamui: I was admiring you. … Not as an older brother, but as a man. But as siblings, these feelings would have been unforgivable. I was intending to keep this a secret for my whole life, but... If Ryouma-nii-san feels the same... Is it alright if I don't?

Ryouma: Yes, of course...!!

Kamui: I see... I'm... happy. (hi happy, i'm awkward) You stopped being my brother... But in return, you became even dearer to me. Please... stay at my side, always.

Ryouma: Yes. From now on, I'll keep forming memories with you, as my partner... This, I swear... On this new ring.

Kamui: This is...

Ryouma: … It's different from that of my siblings. To prove the love between us... Please accept it.

Kamui: Thank you. Fufu, having two rings like this seems kind of luxurious.

Ryouma: Not at all. You are loved, by both me and our siblings... This is what this ring represents.

Kamui: By my... siblings...?

Ryouma: Yes. Once you've married me, they'll be your siblings after all, right? (this sounds weird af? ok)

Kamui: Ah...! ...Fufu, that's right. Yes... (had difficulties with this next part so i left it out but it's something about 'difficult bonds'. difficult indeed.) I'll treasure them (the two rings) for the rest of my life!

So basically.
1. Mikoto had you with some unknown person (dragon? i don't know anymore. maybe he shows up during the 3rd path? and then it turns out he's evil, and that he wanted to use you as a vessel, and then your mom took you with her to save you from... oh........)
2. Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura all share the same parents - King Sumeragi and some unknown person, presumably dead.
In short: You are, in fact, Mikoto's child as it stands right now, the other siblings are not related to you by blood at all.
No half-siblings, no half-incest whatsoever.
Technically, the loyalty vs. blood thing also wasn't a lie: Mikoto still is your blood relative, you still are Hoshidan.
I guess this makes things a little less awkward? At least less awkward than romancing the people you actually did grow up with as they're essentially strangers. still gonna marry leon can't stop me
Feel free to spread this around, credit would be nice but isn't necessary.

Thank you very much for the translation and clearing things up a bit more for us, Izzy!

Glad to see I made some of you happy, hah. You're very welcome.

One Question:

So basically.

1. Mikoto had you with some unknown person (dragon? i don't know anymore. maybe he shows up during the 3rd path? and then it turns out he's evil, and that he wanted to use you as a vessel, and then your mom took you with her to save you from... oh........)

2. Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura all share the same parents - King Sumeragi and some unknown person, presumably dead.

Did I miss something,

Takumi and Sakura have a different mother despite being younger than you?

Both Takumi and Sakura say the same thing - that they are not blood-related to you at all - during their S-support, so yes. I'd translate those too but unfortunately I'm too busy :x

Glad to see I made some of you happy, hah. You're very welcome.

Both Takumi and Sakura say the same thing - that they are not blood-related to you at all - during their S-support, so yes. I'd translate those too but unfortunately I'm too busy :x

Ah okay, happy about that, but I'm interested in how.

Probably story spoilers though.

Thanks a ton for clearing this stuff up.

Now I want to know how

Aqua fits into this, is she totally unrelated to either side?

Edited by Weebos

One Question:

So basically.

Did I miss something,

Takumi and Sakura have a different mother despite being younger than you?

Well, based on this, I'm assuming that

Mikoto married the King after Takumi and Sakura were born and their mother died, and by then Kamui had already been born as well. (as Mikoto's child of course) So Kamui is the step-child of the royal family, really.

Edited by Nakaion

With regards to Kamui and the Hoshido siblings:

I don't see the point of all this. Why didn't they just make the Hoshido siblings your half-siblings and have it so you can't marry them? Making Kamui have no real siblings is a joke when the game is supposed to be all about family.

Edited by EJ107

I've been watching hama's stream, and he has Marth.

1) When you scan the amiibo, they come to the castle and speak a little.

2) Talking before and after recruitment.

3) Rescanning the amiibo after that lets them be a shopkeeper, and they have one line in the shop.

Other that that, Marth doesn't talk much... Even when leveling, he just goes "...!" Perhaps the other amiibo are like that too?

No supports and no Amie either.

Any translated scripts of their before and after lines?

I don't see the point of all this. Why didn't they just make the Hoshido siblings your half-sinblings and just make it so you can't marry them? Making Kamui have no real siblings is a joke when the game is supposed to be all about family.

Exactly.

Thanks for the full translation of the dialogue with Robin and Lucina!

And do we know if they;re supposed to be the actual characters kinda like Owain, Inigo, and Severa are, or something more akin to how former characters were handled in Awakening's DLC (the card things, name is escaping me now)

I haven't been able to find the dialogue for when they're summoned (is that in any recorded stream?), but in the script of the chapters where you face them I don't see any reference to them being cards or spirits. Their personal description also just mentions that they're outrealm travelers who appear to be, for example, a prince/princess (in Marth and Lucina's case).

Edited by NeonZ

I don't see the point of all this. Why didn't they just make the Hoshido siblings your half-sinblings and have it so you can't marry them? Making Kamui have no real siblings is a joke when the game is supposed to be all about family.

Yeah, it's kinda ehhh... I would have been perfectly fine not getting hitched with any of them, and I was fully prepared for it too...

I mean, Mikoto is still your mom so at least there's that? Still, it makes the overall effect a bit weak... I'll judge more fully once I actually play the game of course.

Yeah, it's kinda ehhh... I would have been perfectly fine not getting hitched with any of them, and I was fully prepared for it too...

I mean, Mikoto is still your mom so at least there's that? Still, it makes the overall effect a bit weak... I'll judge more fully once I actually play the game of course.

I've heard people claiming that she might not be your mum either, and that she took you in after your real parents died. Don't know how legit that is though so take it with a lot of salt.

Elise is back, and we're not immediately killing her.

I don't see the point of all this. Why didn't they just make the Hoshido siblings your half-siblings and have it so you can't marry them? Making Kamui have no real siblings is a joke when the game is supposed to be all about family.

Non-blood-relatedcan be family too. There are all sorts of family so, doesnt really breaks the theme of the game :).

Things I learned about Takumi from this stream:

[spoiler=]

• Is the anti-Christ
  • Has Dragon AIDS
  • Is responsible for any and all character deaths
  • Lead the Nazis
  • Cast humanity out of the Garden of Eden
  • Can melt steel beams
  • Killed Elise (not really)
  • Made the Ouija Board
  • Delayed FFXV
  • Made Fate's release date be in 2016 outside of Japan.
Edited by Xanderfells

Regarding incest and potential character spoilers

Weren't people saying you can S rank Mikoto? Was that lies?

The text dump doesn't contain support conversation files or My Room conversation files for her so I honestly have no clue where that came from.

Non-blood-relatedcan be family too. There are all sorts of family so, doesnt really breaks the theme of the game :).

But we already have an adoptive family who raised us, Nohr, and the whole point of the decision was choosing between those who raised you and those you are related to. If the Hoshido's are just another adoptive family then the choice suddenly becomes far less meaningful.

The reveal might take away from the experience depending on each person; for me I decided on Nohr because of my own ideas of what being family entails (personally never thought blood mattered much). Either way, if it boils down to just Mikoto... I think it works? Out of all the Hoshidans, she held the most weight in your choice to pick them, imo.

[spoiler=]

• Is the anti-Christ
  • Has Dragon AIDS
  • Lead the Nazis
  • Can melt steel beams
  • Made the Ouija Board
  • Delayed FFXV

I burst into a fit of laughter as soon as I opened the spoiler tag.

How did this even start in the first place?

No but it breaks the theme where they tell you to choose between your adopted siblings and your "real" siblings. And you pick Hoshido still thinking that they are your actual siblings, and you want to form bonds with them even though they are strangers. Turns out they are less your siblings than the Nohrian ones. The only difference between Nohrian and Hoshidan siblings now is that you actually know the Nohrian ones.

I am angered by this bending over backwards for waifus/husbandos

Thanks for the full translation of the dialogue with Robin and Lucina!

I haven't been able to find the dialogue for when they're summoned (is that in any recorded stream?), but in the script of the chapters where you face them I don't see any reference to them being cards or spirits. Their personal description also just mentions that they're outrealm travelers who appear to be, for example, a prince/princess (in Marth and Lucina's case).

The reason I was wondering was because of the 3's battle dialogue and how they don't think that they are the same Robin/Lucina. I guess this at least means I can ignore them in regards for my personal headcanon.

[spoiler=]

• Is the anti-Christ
  • Has Dragon AIDS
  • Lead the Nazis
  • Can melt steel beams
  • Made the Ouija Board
  • Delayed FFXV

... byoutiful

And Camilia strikes again!

I've heard people claiming that she might not be your mum either, and that she took you in after your real parents died. Don't know how legit that is though so take it with a lot of salt.

Yeah, there's been a lot of conflicting information going around... But I do hope that those S-support rumors are false either way, because ugh. *shivers*

That's like... a 20 year age gap or so?

Edited by Nakaion