Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you....but Flora's quote really got to me.

Dude, flora's makes me want to hold on to her forever even if someone tried to pry me off, hearing that shit makes me want to cry for a long time.

^ they actually have storyline reasons for living at least by my logic.

namely rinkah is available pre path divergence and i believe appears in story in the third path before joining again (not sure if she appears in nohr but if she does she needs to live), and crimson dies in the third path but needs to die in the way she does for the story to make sense, so they both need to retreat for the story to work. Edit wiki says rinkah is an enemy in Conquest so that is another reason for her living.

Edited by goodperson707

Those aren't good reasons to go past whatever chapters they NEED to be alive by, though; Crimson needed to be alive for those 2 chapters in 3rd path, but she doesn't need to at all in Hoshido.

Conquest is also different from Birthright I'm not sure how Rinka needing to be a boss in Conquest have anything to do with her surviving or not past chapter 6 in Birthright?

So if they NEED to live it should be a better story reason

like seriously do nobody know how to code a goddamn conditional now it's not that fucking hard if Aqua can get an entire route specific support I'm sure they can figure out conditional death quotes

That Lutz's quote... That's why you never should let a kid to fight on the battlefield!

Yeah...that one got me. I just imagine him lying on the battlefield calling out to his wyvern... geez, that's tragic

Good thing I don't intend to have the children ! Mwahaha !

Seriously though, some death quote are harsh, and that's pretty good.

Eheh, 'Jerks that do die when they are killed'.

In my opinion, I don't understand the "fathers don't die when they get killed" considering the mechanic is changed

They are involved in recruitment scenes for their kids... I guess it would make sense if you could let them die after you get their kids, but I digress.

Interestingly, I just ran the numbers for Invisible Kingdom, and even though there are three maps with unknown enemy count (which I treated as 0), these are the average initial enemy counts for the three routes on Normal

Hoshido: 19

Nohr: 22

Invisible Kingdom: 26

Of course, it's possible that there might be a sizable number of reinforcements

(Hoshido 18 has 15+ reinforcements, Nohr can also drop 10+ reinforcements at once, and there's also a part where 10+ reinforcements drop in immediately in Invisible Kingdom)

You know, some of those death quotes are really sad and all, but..

Does anyone kind of miss the death "conversations" that were in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? I'd sure love to see at least some form of reaction from the sibs when Kamui goes down yes I am a sadist.

Does anyone kind of miss the death "conversations" that were in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? I'd sure love to see at least some form of reaction from the sibs when Kamui goes down yes I am a sadist.

I honestly thought those felt a bit drawn out, but it also makes sense for others to react. (I did like how FE4 made minor changes to death quotes if the character had a lover)

Does anyone know how to get Lilith her attack item? I got her staff up to A-rank but can't figure out how to start leveling up her breath attack or even how to give her the attack item, as i've seen other lilith's that can attack, unless its Nohr/Invisible specific?

Edited by Xanek

Oh I miss them.

Problem is, IS seem to want to get away from the 'people actually die when they're killed' part more and more, up to ridiculous level.

Edited by B.Leu