Release hype thread

VincentASM

Oh I miss them.

Problem is, IS seem to want to get away from the 'people actually die when they're killed' part more and more, up to ridiculous level.

Yes it's sad, because perma death is one of the things that makes Fire Emblem so iconic. I was often frustrated when one of my units died and I had to reset, but it really challenged me to rethink my strategy and become better at the game so all my units survived. There is no need to remove Casual mode or even Phoenix mode, but at least make Classic the 'main mode' again, so we can get more (or should I say any) fleshed out alternate dialogues in case of someones death.

They should at least do it for the MU, since all it would take would be one line from whoever was the main support in that chapter.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how to get Lilith her attack item? I got her staff up to A-rank but can't figure out how to start leveling up her breath attack or even how to give her the attack item, as i've seen other lilith's that can attack, unless its Nohr/Invisible specific?

I'm pretty sure Hoshido is stave // healing only, Nohr is attacking only ~

You can probably level up both in the Invisible Kingdom by feeding her foodstuffs from both kingdoms !

laskfjs on a sidenote everytime I see people post pictures from the artbook I die a little inside.

I've been scouring every possible website trying to look for one w/o the game cries

I just realised something.If a Femui were to marry Fuuga, that would make Tsukuyomi your adoptive son!

It's even worse if you look at it from a story perspective: In If, you got a shitton of chapters with lot of main characters that you want to kill or that want kill you, by the end of the day they're not dead at all and are well alive, even thought they can and will kill your ass in everyway possible in classic mode. It's an another slap for people who play classic.

Like I said, they're trying to get away really really hard from the 'people die when they're killed' idea.

It's to the point where playing casual/phoenix mode are the mode that make the most sense... except it still don't make sense. :/

I'll play captain obvious, but saying that characters that don't die when they're killed, make sense is, not matter how you look at it, very stupid. The overall design of this game is confusing.

Edited by B.Leu

It's even worse if you look at it from a story perspective: In If, you got a shitton of chapters with lot of main characters that you want to kill or that want kill you, by the end of the day they're not dead at all and are well alive, even thought they can and will kill your ass in everyway possible in classic mode. It's an another slap for people who play classic.

Like I said, they're trying to get away really really hard from the 'people die when they're killed' idea.

It's to the point where playing casual/phoenix mode are the mode that make the most sense... except it still don't make sense. :/

I'll play captain obvious, but saying that characters that don't die when they're killed, make sense is, not matter how you look at it, very stupid. The overall design of this game is confusing.

But did you know that people die when they are killed?

You can probably level up both in the Invisible Kingdom by feeding her foodstuffs from both kingdoms !

Yupp, that's right. They level up simultaneously no matter what you feed her though, I believe.

laskfjs on a sidenote everytime I see people post pictures from the artbook I die a little inside.

I've been scouring every possible website trying to look for one w/o the game cries

Bah, lame, at least invisible kingdom gets both of them, OP af.

Also I'll doubt you'll only find a place that only has the artbook since the artbook was part of the special edition, I mean someone will probably eventually sell just the artbook since they probably only wanted the 2-in-1 cartridge, but I don't think that'll happen sadly.

I almost don't even want to touch a game today after hearing this news... I hate how things end up for some people... a lot of people don't deserve to end up like this..

Edited by Xanek

Bah, lame, at least invisible kingdom gets both of them, OP af.

Also I'll doubt you'll only find a place that only has the artbook since the artbook was part of the special edition, I mean someone will probably eventually sell just the artbook since they probably only wanted the 2-in-1 cartridge, but I don't think that'll happen sadly.

Yep, excited to play it ! just need...to finish my Hoshido run first ; u ;

Nohr will just have to wait.

ughh I know cries I have no regrets not buying the special edition (no I do not want 2 in 1, FE, i want both physically lol),

but I figure I can wait for one of my cousins in Asia to visit so I can forcefully take it a while, like a few years or so when people are done playing the game and just buy it then sighs

alskdfjs Iwata how did I just hear about this cries harder

...I'm kinda disappointed I can't be a super-tryhard in this game, seeing as you can't reset a persons level. Yeah, you can extend it through a certain skill, or by Dread Fighter or whatever, but... it's depressing for someone like me, nonetheless. But I suppose this can be seen as a blessing for others.

I know I cried when I found out, it's another portion of my childhood passed onto the sands of time...

I'm hoping they'll add an "In Memory Of..." at the end of the credits for the English version. Was Fates his last major release?

When do you think they'll hold a character popularity poll for the game in Japan? I'm interested in seeing the results.

Don't really see that happening to be honest. The Awakening poll was to decide what characters would get special scenes in the Scramble DLC chapters, and we already have screenshots of all the royal siblings in swimwear for this game's version of Summer Scramble. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Also,

the Awakening kids + reincarnations would most likely get the most votes in Fates' poll as well.

Don't really see that happening to be honest. The Awakening poll was to decide what characters would get special scenes in the Scramble DLC chapters, and we already have screenshots of all the royal siblings in swimwear for this game's version of Summer Scramble. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Also,

the Awakening kids + reincarnations would most likely get the most votes in Fates' poll as well.

You're just simply assuming that. I'd wait until the results are actually out before you go calling any winners by default.

I mean, I'm sure you're quite upset over the obvious Awakening reskins, but don't use your emotions as a basis to assume that Japan would think one way or another.

You're just simply assuming that. I'd wait until the results are actually out before you go calling any winners by default.

I mean, I'm sure you're quite upset over the obvious Awakening reskins, but don't use your emotions as a basis to assume that Japan would think one way or another.

I'm not upset about the Awakening reskins, why would you assume that? The point was that I don't think there will be a popularity poll like Awakening's, that's all. The bit about the kids and reincarnations was not meant to be taken seriously anyway.

Also,

the dlc thing only really affects on them making an official poll though imo, NoA had a awakening poll on Facebook for example even though it didn't and couldn't affect DLC as they didn't even include the child characters. So imo there is still a pretty good chance for a poll it just might not be official. Edited by goodperson707

Also,

Wasn't that poll done before they confirmed the 2nd batch of DLC, which only existed due to the sales of the 1st one? I think they used the poll results, but the poll itself wasn't made for it - consider how the Robins were in the polls, but they wouldn't be able to make pictures for them even if they had won.