A Guide to Understanding the Menus in Fire Emblem Fates

Kirokan

The first two menus for that are on the first page already translated : )

3 is selecting who to fight. Are these streetpasses, or online friends who have the game?

4 Asking you your thoughts (I think) which are "It's good!" "It's interesting!" "I love it!" "Change it!"

5 1 View Card 2 View Strength 3 Fight in your own castle 4 Fight in his castle 5 Change accessories

6 Pick a unit to register to the directory from this screen

7 Adding Suzukaze to the directory, is tha tokay? Y/N

8 Same comments as number 4

Nothing in there for getting a skill or new member though. : ( Thanks for all the shots though! They may come in handy for others once I get them on the first post. Meanwhile, I need to see if I can get into a battle myself later on to explore all the menus. Maybe I'll find the skill part somewhere.

3 is selecting who to fight. Are these streetpasses, or online friends who have the game?

Niether, it's the random list you get when you choose the top option in the second picture.

I've heard there in an avatar logbook in this game also. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. Could that be where the unit you register to the directory goes? Maybe from there you can choose to recruit them or buy a skill.

Edit: Yep, that's how you buy skills. The logbook is now the "list of supporters" from here:

buildingmenu.jpg?w=545

Edited by Amanroth

Couple questions when it comes to these:

Strong Points:

力持ち Has great power = strength?

頭が良い Is bright/intelligent = magic?

手先が器用 has good dexterity = skill?

素早い is fast = speed?

運が良い is lucky = luck?

打たれ強い able to take a beating = defense?

冷静沈着 calm and composed = resistance?

健康 healthy = hp?

Also does strong points mean better base amount, better max amount, or better growth rates?

For qualities, I provide the various text so you can choose:

傭兵 Mercenary
盗賊 Bandit
侍 Samurai
鬼人 Oni
槍戦士 Lance Fighter
呪い師 Spellcaster
巫女 Priestess
天馬武者 Pegasus Warrior
弓使い Archer
竜戦士 Dragon Rider
忍 Shinobi
薬商人 Medicine Seller
魔道士 Mage
杖騎士 Rod Knight
騎士 Knight
重*騎士 Heavy Knight
斧戦士 Axe Fighter

^Is this an option to choose what class Kamui can class change into?

Couple questions when it comes to these:

Strong Points:

力持ち Has great power = strength?

頭が良い Is bright/intelligent = magic?

手先が器用 has good dexterity = skill?

素早い is fast = speed?

運が良い is lucky = luck?

打たれ強い able to take a beating = defense?

冷静沈着 calm and composed = resistance?

健康 healthy = hp?

Also does strong points mean better base amount, better max amount, or better growth rates?

For qualities, I provide the various text so you can choose:

傭兵 Mercenary

盗賊 Bandit

侍 Samurai

鬼人 Oni

槍戦士 Lance Fighter

呪い師 Spellcaster

巫女 Priestess

天馬武者 Pegasus Warrior

弓使い Archer

竜戦士 Dragon Rider

忍 Shinobi

薬商人 Medicine Seller

魔道士 Mage

杖騎士 Rod Knight

騎士 Knight

重*騎士 Heavy Knight

斧戦士 Axe Fighter

^Is this an option to choose what class Kamui can class change into?

Vincent can probably address the math behind the first part of that post. : )

That second one is your alternate class aside from Dark Prince/Princess you will be able to become, and the resulting classes they can upgrade into will determine what you become, yes. You will always have your default class though.

Niether, it's the random list you get when you choose the top option in the second picture.

I've heard there in an avatar logbook in this game also. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. Could that be where the unit you register to the directory goes? Maybe from there you can choose to recruit them or buy a skill.

Edit: Yep, that's how you buy skills. The logbook is now the "list of supporters" from here:

buildingmenu.jpg?w=545

Ah, I'll make a note of that in the original post then. : ) Thank you!

Edited by Kirokan

When you change the difficulty mid-game, do you see the proper colors for the difficulty and modes (e.g. Red for Normal, Green for Casual) or are they just listed without their proper colors?

When you change the difficulty mid-game, do you see the proper colors for the difficulty and modes (e.g. Red for Normal, Green for Casual) or are they just listed without their proper colors?

Sorry for potato quality pictures, but on the map You would choose this option

dlYKyq9.png

and then the 3 options that pop up from top-to-bottom are Normal / Hard / Lunatic

and you can't choose a higher difficulty to go to, only can go down a difficulty. Also for normal, there is 3 options, which is Phoenix, Casual, Classic from top to bottom (I think).

Also for the online multiplayer, is there anyway to go against a evenly matched player?

I chose both Random Normal & Random Limited and got put against people exceptionally higher in levels than me... of course i'm still only before chapter 8, but is there a way?

Edited by Xanek

Sorry for potato quality pictures, but on the map You would choose this option

dlYKyq9.png

and then the 3 options that pop up from top-to-bottom are Normal / Hard / Lunatic

and you can't choose a higher difficulty to go to, only can go down a difficulty. Also for normal, there is 3 options, which is Phoenix, Casual, Classic from top to bottom (I think).

Also for the online multiplayer, is there anyway to go against a evenly matched player?

I chose both Random Normal & Random Limited and got put against people exceptionally higher in levels than me... of course i'm still only before chapter 8, but is there a way?

Yes, I wrote those in my post, though I guess it's hard for people to find (for good reason), so I'll copy paste the section here:

[OVM] Overworld Map

This refers to the World Map you see after you exit My Castle but before a chapter. Some of the options can be seen below.

##章 - Chapter number.

-Go to the next chapter.

竜の門 - Dragon's Gate.

-Go here for DLC. When pushed:

1 - Play DLC

2 - See DLC

3 - Quit

難易度変更 - Change Difficulty Setting.

-You can only change downward, and not change back.

1 - Normal

2 - Hard

3 - Lunatic

Then when you push either of those:

1 - Phoenix

2 - Casual

3 - Classic

防衛戦 - Defensive Battle

-Refers to a Defensive Battle (at "My Castle") waiting for you

外伝 - Sidequest

-Sidequests occasionally appear.

As for the colors, I'll have to take a look again as I don't recall whether or not it was the same colors.

Indeed, I noticed you can switch back between Casual and Phoenix on Normal mode, but just not back to Classic, or Back to Hard/Lunatic. I'll make a note of it anyway for people.

I heard that a Translation patch was being put out today.

I'm not sure how that will work for the wider updated userbase. But, if they screen shoot the translated menus, then that would be a pretty big help over my lower quality ones. : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

could we get a pointer on how to download/buy the DLC stuff?

my japanese is non existant

EDIT: to clarify i would like to know which dlc is which

(on the 300 yen things, i get the season pass)

the rest i will be able to find out.

if you need anything, screenshots or so i will happily provide them

Edited by Lord of Riva

• 2 weeks later...

Choose second option in the content menu then select your credit card then put in your information then after selecting the 2nd option at the bottom of the credit card menu, then you will be asked for some password. Select the left option to that and the download should initiate and then should get completed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...