Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

Not a problem! I intended to come here earlier to post it but I totally forgot and went to go draw instead. Good priorities, self. Glad you liked it though!

Drawing is a very good reason for things :D I should go follow your art blog yes

And I very much agree with feeding our hoshidan allies

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually super hard to translate for me. I also find Ryouma and Kagerou pretty tough. It's not even always to do with their manner of speech, sometimes I just reach a big block of text and go 'what'. Ah well. i should have practiced more haha

Mmhm, that's kind of the same problem I'm having. At first glance it doesn't seem that difficult but then there's always that one bit that I just don't get. Kagerou using a lot of archaisms doesn't help. At least with Asama I'm consistently having trouble, rather than being lulled into a false sense of security.

Mmhm, that's kind of the same problem I'm having. At first glance it doesn't seem that difficult but then there's always that one bit that I just don't get. Kagerou using a lot of archaisms doesn't help. At least with Asama I'm consistently having trouble, rather than being lulled into a false sense of security.

I totally understand! I don't know if you're the same, but I tend to go into translation without reading the supports beforehand (terrible idea, really), so sometimes what they're talking about just seems completely irrelevant, or I hit the one bit I just don't get...until I read the next few lines and have to go back to correct earlier ones now that I finally get what the heck they're on about.

I haven't tried translating Asama yet. The fear is real.

Edited by fletch

Huh, so it's not just me. I also find those characters difficult to understand, but I chalked it up to me being awful at Japanese more than them talking strangely.

I still have no freaking idea what Ryouma says in his critical hit lines aside from "己!"...I think?

Edited by Thane

I wish I knew enough Japanese to translate stuff myself, but as is I can just roughly navigate the text dumps using my Chinese skills and any sort of kana usually befuddles me. Alas.

Someone wanna combine with me for infinite kanji skills

Edited by Thor Odinson

I sort of skim through the supports while I'm formatting them but it's a very cursory look. So I'll end up going "Huh, I can get the gist of this," and then when I'm actually translating it ends up being the exact opposite of what I thought it meant (curse you, heavily inflected languages) and there goes that.

So I know I said that I was going to try translating Asama/Orochi, but forget that. I can't even begin to understand what the heck she's saying. It's like trying to parse through the Dead Sea Scrolls. Too bad, because what I did manage to translate looked pretty hilarious, and she looks like she's going to be my favorite character ever.

So, instead, I have some Dalai Lama x Captain America Troll x Victim Asama x Harold for you.

C Support

Harold: I believe your name is Asama? What do you do to keep yourself useful here?
Asama: Useful? Oh, you mean my duties? I serve under Hoshido’s first princess, the lady Hinoka.
Harold: Princess Hinoka? Oh, yeah, I know which broad you’re talking about. You work under her, huh?
Asama: Ahaha. I wouldn’t call it ‘working under her.’ In fact she probably helps me more than I help her. She is very strong, of course.
Harold: What?! You’re able to get someone like that to help you? (Translator’s NOTE: Asama is just being incredibly humble about his position and Harold is taking it literally)
Asama: I suppose so. And you?
Harold: I am an attendant to Princess Elise!
Asama: An attendant to Princess Elise? That must be a tiring job. I hear that she is quite a handful.
Harold: I should smack you for even suggesting such a thing! But, I was ordered to try and get along with you all and try and know the cultural differences and such. Even if you do not see the princess’s charm and loveliness, I have no intention of criticizing or punishing you!
Asama: Cultural differences and such…. is it? I actually think that Hoshido and Nohr are not all that different at all. Putting all your faith into something like a ‘country’ is like building a house on sand. At the end of the day, they’ll both be ground to dust just like everything else.
Harold: What in blue blazes are you babbling about? Aren’t you also here to fight for your country? Even if it’s just talk, you’re gonna be in big trouble if someone sees you talking about your country being ground to dust and all that.
Asama: Is that so? I only thought I was telling the truth.
Harold: Aaaargh! Do you not have one patriotic bone in you!?
Asama: Hehe, do you normally get this fired up about some idle small talk? You are a peculiar fellow indeed. This is why Nohrians are so interesting. I think I like you. Well then, I’ll see you around if we live long enough.
Harold: H-hold it! I haven’t finished speaking to you! Come ba-aaaaaaaaaaaa!!! *thump* ARGH! Who the hell put this pit trap here and didn’t tell anybody?!?! Help! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!

B Support

Harold: Well, we see to be meeting each other quite often on the battlefield.
Asama: That does seem to be true. I do wonder why. Oh, yes yes. This is something I overheard, but apparently you are known as Nohr’s Ally of Justice?
Harold: Naturally! He who protects the weak and crushes the wicked, Harold, Hero of Justice!
Asama: Oh! And such a splendid introduction! But it seems like something was missing. I thought there was a part in there about “He who crushes the weak with his clumsiness and misfortune…”
Harold: Gah?! What manner of villain has perpetuated such scandalous rumors?
Asama: Ah! I had the pleasure of speaking with some of your Nohrian gentlemen comrades.
Harold: Argh! What I would not give to get rid of bearing that shame! If only things like ‘bad luck’ and ‘fate’ could be vanquished in battle!
Asama: That appears to be impossible. In your case, your luck appears to be some sort of divine punishment.
Harold: D-Divine punishment?
Asama: Yes. If I were to say it simply, it appears that God has taken quite a fancy in toying with your existence.
Harold: What the-?
Asama: That appears to be the reason why bizarre phenomena follow you around like a cloud of mosquitoes.
Harold: That cannot possibly be the case! I have lived piously all my life! How can this be a form of punishment?
Asama: Aha. I understand that feeling. But, do you have an alternate explanation?
Harold: Well, there might be a 5% chance of it being true…
Asama: Don’t look so depressed! I mean, regardless of whether or not we receive divine punishment, we all die, right? It’s only a question of how fast or how slow.
Harold: Gah?!
Asama: But, let’s think positive. God must be keeping an eye on you, but, I think it must be because you are fascinating. Maybe, it must mean that God is jealous of you?
Harold: God is jealous? Of me?
Asama: On second thought, that could get us both struck by lightning, so forget it. Well, what I’m really trying to say is….don’t worry, be happy!
Harold: Ugh, you sure are a mysterious one. Does everyone in Hoshido think like you do?
Asama: Ahaha, no. If that were the case, it probably would be ground to dust by now…
Harold: What in the world does Princess Hinoka see in that guy???

A Support

Harold: I heard just how you came to serve Princess Hinoka.
Asama: You did, did you?
Harold: You were formerly the second son of a priest at a small shrine. Apparently, you were mischievous, bad mouthed and completely out of control. You were ordered to climb up various sacred mountains、and all of a sudden when you were carrying out your penance, you suddenly became a calm and priest-like person.
Asama: Ahaha. It’s always awkward listening to an objective account of your own history.
Harold: One day, while trying to meditating on a mountain, you found a Pegasus warrior that had crashed. Princess Hinoka.
Asama: Oh, the memories are coming back now. Because the princess had sustained such bad injuries, I tried to give her the best medical aid I could. After that, the Princess wanted to thank me somehow…
Harold: But, after getting her to safety, you just said that you didn’t want anything and then left.
Asama: Well, I didn’t really have any need for any reward…
Harold: Well, you left a deep enough impression on her that she tried everything she could to track you down. The princess apparently tried to directly appoint you to the royal knights as her personal attendant.
Asama: Ahaha. It’s amazing that you managed to get all that information. But, I should add that the princess also directly appointed Ms. Setsuna to the royal knighthood. I'm not really that special in that regard.
Harold: I see, still you are something else. I apologize for being rude earlier.
Asama: It’s nothing. Nothing you ever said bothered me. I don’t try and waste time on things like that. (holding grudges and such)
Harold: I have a strange feeling when talking to you. Like, there’s something missing that’s there when I’m here.
Asama: Please, I’m not that special. I just hope it wasn’t a bad feeling.
Harold: Well, I have to admit it. Talking with you has certainly changed my view on some things.
Asama: I’m glad. Let us work together for a brighter future, Harold.

Edited by Sky Soldier

Thank you so much for the translations!

Damn, Asama is a bit...morbid, isn't he? I believe he acts the same when his child is in danger, and it's Saizou of all people that assembles everyone to rescue her. - Not that I minded, I sort of liked Saizou getting worked up for a kid's sake.

Then again, the children are as non-canon as can be, so I suppose it's not that important.

Nice work, Squkyshoes, thank you so much! That's a lot of supports, eh? I wonder if it's more or fewer than in Awakening.

More. Literally every child (except Male!Kanna) can sibling support with Shigure. (that's 20 ...no, 21* supports right there)

And every child (except Female!Kanna and Shigure) can sibling support with Male!Kanna. (that's 19 20* more supports from that)

Plus, the weird units like Yukimura, Izana, and Fuuga, just to name the few off the top of my head, have different C-S supports depending on er... something I can't figure out (maybe the 3 versions of the game). They are labeled as PCF1, PCF2, and PCF3 in their text files.

*...holy shit guys. What IS THIS?!? I am just utterly gobsmacked about this—THERE'S A FILE NAMED " カンナ男_シグレ_兄弟 " (Kanna_Male_Shigure_Sibling) in the text dump. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!? I DON'T EVEN--

*...holy shit guys. What IS THIS?!? I am just utterly gobsmacked about this—THERE'S A FILE NAMED " カンナ男_シグレ_兄弟 " (Kanna_Male_Shigure_Sibling) in the text dump. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!? I DON'T EVEN--

Aqua x F!Kamui OTP!!

I think the PCF1/2/3 and PCM1/2/3 is just the different voice options for the protagonist. They have slightly different phrasing, like whether or not they attach -san to people's names and stuff like that.

Also yeah, those files are weird. They're completely blank, just like the file for M!Kanna and Aqua parent/child supports.

It would be interesting if Aqua could be romanced by a female avatar as well in the third path, but it sounds a bit too odd that it'd only be available on one route.

Where is everyone getting this information from, by the way? How do you get access to stuff like this?

Sweet some of the supports I wanted are translated, now all the supports that are left to be translated for me are:

Suzukaze x Mozume (I'm pairing these two in the Nohr route, since Suzukaze x Rinka support is already done)

Saizou x Setsuna

Asama x Hinoka

Hinata x Kazahana

Tsukuyomi x Orochi

Nishiki x Mozume

Odin x Elise (A and S-supports)

Zero x Belka

Arthur x Effie

Flannel x Luna

Note: Translators, you do not have to do all of these if you don't want to, just take one of these as request and be done with them.

Edited by I love fire emblem

The text dumps hurt my eyes to read, I can't decipher them. 8U; If there was a direct transliteration of the script I could give translating a try.

If any translators need me to format the supports into a readable format I can do it really fast (as long as I'm not at work)

faster if I don't remove all the expressions and shit, that takes a bit of time, but just linebreaking takes me like 3 seconds in textwrangler because developer texteditors are a bit OP in that regard

Edited by Thor Odinson

The text dumps hurt my eyes to read, I can't decipher them. 8U; If there was a direct transliteration of the script I could give translating a try.

Here's a code-deciphering guide:

$k\n$Ws = Change in character talking. (Ex: $k\n$Wsシグレ = Shigure is talking right now). I usually go to a new line (I press enter) right before this $k\n$Ws to make the change in dialogue a lot easier to...well... do everything with. (This step is pretty much absolutely necessary.)

|$Wa$E__,| = Character's face emotion. Feel free to delete when translating.

$k$p$E__,| = Change in face emotion in the middle of diagloue. Feel free to delete it when translating.

/n = new line (like the press of an enter key). Feel free to delete when translating.

$k$p = idek. Delete it.

$k = end of that support diagloue. Feel free to delete when translating,

Did I miss anything?

Edited by squkyshoes

Here's a code-deciphering guide:

$k\n$Ws = Change in character talking. (Ex: $k\n$Wsシグレ = Shigure is talking right now). I usually go to a new line (I press enter) right before this $k\n$Ws to make the change in dialogue a lot easier to...well... do everything with. (This step is pretty much absolutely necessary.)

|$Wa$E__,| = Character's face emotion. Feel free to delete when translating.

$k$p$E__,| = Change in face emotion in the middle of diagloue. Feel free to delete it when translating.

/n = new line (like the press of an enter key). Feel free to delete when translating.

$k$p = idek. Delete it.

$k = end of that support diagloue. Feel free to delete when translating,

Did I miss anything?

What am I even looking at? :wtf:

Okay, am I the only one who really wants to see what Odin/Effie is like? Her super strength seems like a good target for Odin's purple prose.

And people still haven't finished Odin/Elise. Could anyone finish it? It'll only be half the work as other ones.

What am I even looking at? :wtf:

If you downloaded the text dump that a lot of us are translating the support dialogue from, a lot of those .txt files that contain the support conversations in japanese are muddled by the coding I typed out above. For someone who sees this, one can't make heads or tails of where the dialoge starts or stops without noticing patterns in the code and arraging them/taking them out.

He's an example of a C-support conversation in it's original format in the .txt file:

[spoiler=which is the C-support between Nyx and Shara]MID_支援_シャラ_ニュクス_親子_C: $t1$Wmニュクス|3$E怒,|$Wmシャラ|7$w0|$Wsニュクス|$Waシャラ…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Waあら、母さん…\nどうしたの、そんなに怖い顔をして…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Waシャラ…いきなりこんな話をして\n気を悪くしないでちょうだいね。$k$p貴方に少し訊ねたいことがあるの…\n正直に答えてちょうだい。$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa…何かしら、突然。$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E通常,|先日、近くの村で村人たちを集めて、\nまじないを行ったそうね…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E笑,|ええ…あまり気が進まなかったのだけど…\n彼らがどうしてもというので…やったわ…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Waその村人たちから…\n苦情が来ているの。$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E通常,|…苦情?$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$Eキメ,|ええ。貴方にまじないをしてもらった\n村人たちを中心に…$k$p謎の病が広まっているらしいのよ…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E怒,|…………$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E苦,汗|村人たちは貴方のまじないが\n村に何か良くないものを、$k$p引き寄せてしまったんじゃないかと\n言いがかりをつけてきていて…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E怒,|そう…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E通常,|私は貴方がそんなことをするわけないと\n信じているわ…$k$pだから貴方がそのとき何をしたのか、\n真実を教えてもらえないかしら?$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E笑,|昔から不審に思われることには慣れているわ…\n母さんが特に気にするようなことじゃない…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E怒,汗|シャラ…それはどういう意味?$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E通常,|この一件から手を引いて…\nそれが…母さんのためだから…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wd$w0|$Wsニュクス|$Waちょ、ちょっと待ちなさい…シャラ!!$k

If you downloaded the text dump that a lot of us are translating the support dialogue from, a lot of those .txt files that contain the support conversations in japanese are muddled by the coding I typed out above. For someone who sees this, one can't make heads or tails of where the dialoge starts or stops without noticing patterns in the code and arraging them/taking them out.

He's an example of a C-support conversation in it's original format in the .txt file:

[spoiler=which is the C-support between Nyx and Shara]MID_支援_シャラ_ニュクス_親子_C: $t1$Wmニュクス|3$E怒,|$Wmシャラ|7$w0|$Wsニュクス|$Waシャラ…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Waあら、母さん…\nどうしたの、そんなに怖い顔をして…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Waシャラ…いきなりこんな話をして\n気を悪くしないでちょうだいね。$k$p貴方に少し訊ねたいことがあるの…\n正直に答えてちょうだい。$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa…何かしら、突然。$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E通常,|先日、近くの村で村人たちを集めて、\nまじないを行ったそうね…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E笑,|ええ…あまり気が進まなかったのだけど…\n彼らがどうしてもというので…やったわ…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Waその村人たちから…\n苦情が来ているの。$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E通常,|…苦情?$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$Eキメ,|ええ。貴方にまじないをしてもらった\n村人たちを中心に…$k$p謎の病が広まっているらしいのよ…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E怒,|…………$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E苦,汗|村人たちは貴方のまじないが\n村に何か良くないものを、$k$p引き寄せてしまったんじゃないかと\n言いがかりをつけてきていて…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E怒,|そう…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E通常,|私は貴方がそんなことをするわけないと\n信じているわ…$k$pだから貴方がそのとき何をしたのか、\n真実を教えてもらえないかしら?$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E笑,|昔から不審に思われることには慣れているわ…\n母さんが特に気にするようなことじゃない…$k\n$Wsニュクス|$Wa$E怒,汗|シャラ…それはどういう意味?$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wa$E通常,|この一件から手を引いて…\nそれが…母さんのためだから…$k\n$Wsシャラ|$Wd$w0|$Wsニュクス|$Waちょ、ちょっと待ちなさい…シャラ!!$k

dope-exploding-head.jpeg

I was going to use the one from Scanners in response to this but that would get me in trouble.....

Hm, I could've sworn there was a link with the supports in an easy-to-read format. I can't particularly find the link right now, but I downloaded it for some odd reason (even though I can't translate anything), and it didn't have all that...code?

For example, here's Aqua and Flannel's C support:

[spoiler=]MID_支援_アクア_フランネル_C:

フランネル: よう!\nアクア!
アクア: フランネル…
フランネル: 元気ねえな?\nなんか変なもんでも食ったか?
アクア: そんなことないわ。\n私はいつもと同じよ。
フランネル: あぁ、確かにそうかもな。\nアクアっていつも、\n元気ない感じがするぜ。
アクア: あまり、得意じゃないの。\n感情を表に出すのが。
フランネル: そんなのに得意も不得意もねえだろ。\n思ったまんまを\n顔に出せばいいだけなんだからよ!
アクア: そうね。\nフランネルには簡単だと思うわ。\nでも、世の中には\nそれができない人もいるの。
フランネル: じゃあ、俺が教えてやろうか?\n思ってることを顔に出す方法。\nつうか、決めた!\n嫌だって言っても俺が教えてやる!
アクア: あまりいい予感はしないけれど…\n嫌だと言っても無駄なのよね?
フランネル: ああ!\nもう決めちまったからな!
アクア: それじゃあ…\n私にはどうしようもないわね…

There's a few \n's scattered around, but it's way easier on the eyes than squkyshoes's example. I'll try looking for the link (no promises though), but if anyone wants supports, I can send it to them.
Edited by KyhCad

Hm, I could've sworn there was a link with the supports in an easy-to-read format. I can't particularly find the link right now, but I downloaded it for some odd reason (even though I can't translate anything), and it didn't have all that...code?

For example, here's Aqua and Flannel's C support:

[spoiler=]MID_支援_アクア_フランネル_C:

フランネル: よう!\nアクア!
アクア: フランネル…
フランネル: 元気ねえな?\nなんか変なもんでも食ったか?
アクア: そんなことないわ。\n私はいつもと同じよ。
フランネル: あぁ、確かにそうかもな。\nアクアっていつも、\n元気ない感じがするぜ。
アクア: あまり、得意じゃないの。\n感情を表に出すのが。
フランネル: そんなのに得意も不得意もねえだろ。\n思ったまんまを\n顔に出せばいいだけなんだからよ!
アクア: そうね。\nフランネルには簡単だと思うわ。\nでも、世の中には\nそれができない人もいるの。
フランネル: じゃあ、俺が教えてやろうか?\n思ってることを顔に出す方法。\nつうか、決めた!\n嫌だって言っても俺が教えてやる!
アクア: あまりいい予感はしないけれど…\n嫌だと言っても無駄なのよね?
フランネル: ああ!\nもう決めちまったからな!
アクア: それじゃあ…\n私にはどうしようもないわね…

There's a few \n's scattered around, but it's way easier on the eyes than squkyshoes's example. I'll try looking for the link (no promises though), but if anyone wants supports, I can send it to them.

Well, that makes things a lot easier.

(But then again, I downloaded my text dump files on June 25th, which would explain the uncleaned code in my .txt files)

Edited by squkyshoes