Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

I dunno if Sublime Text Editor or Notepad++ also have this option since im on the mac the most

But in Textwrangler (a mac-only programmer-text editor)

if you go to find and replace, and type in $k\\n to find and replace with \n it'll format all the newlines

you can optionally just turn search \\n and replace with \n if you want the line breaks to happen how exactly the screen shows them rather than breaking on changing of characters only

It does it in seconds

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a code-deciphering guide:

$k\n$Ws = Change in character talking. (Ex: $k\n$Wsシグレ = Shigure is talking right now). I usually go to a new line (I press enter) right before this $k\n$Ws to make the change in dialogue a lot easier to...well... do everything with. (This step is pretty much absolutely necessary.)

|$Wa$E__,| = Character's face emotion. Feel free to delete when translating.

$k$p$E__,| = Change in face emotion in the middle of diagloue. Feel free to delete it when translating.

/n = new line (like the press of an enter key). Feel free to delete when translating.

$k$p = idek. Delete it.

$k = end of that support diagloue. Feel free to delete when translating,

Did I miss anything?

Whoa...This is pretty helpful! I may give this translating a shake when I have a chance.

So how did folks figure out the possible pairings for the Invisible Kingdom route? Also some of these matchups are....interesting.

All of the support conversations are in the game's code (but the actual story was not).

All of the support conversations are in the game's code (but the actual story was not).

Huh? Interesting....... but I know that some folks here have whole story and mission summaries loaded up here somewhere apparently. I wonder where they got those.

Also Kagerou and Odin? That sounds rather lolz worthy along with Asama and Elfie Or they could be sweet I'll wait and see.

*...holy shit guys. What IS THIS?!? I am just utterly gobsmacked about this—THERE'S A FILE NAMED " カンナ男_シグレ_兄弟 " (Kanna_Male_Shigure_Sibling) in the text dump. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!? I DON'T EVEN--

you gotta be joking me IS , this is really a bad joke eh?

I'm hoping this is the right thread to post this in instead of starting a new one,

but do the recruitment levels of child units change depending on how far you are in the chapters // the levels of the parents ?

I've been doing a speedrun since I accidentally deleted my last file, and while trying to recruit Matoi, I was pretty surprised to find her at only level 14.

For some reason, I just remember having the child units at a much higher level when I originally started, because I didn't recruit until much later.

and level 14 just seems really random. Weren't Awakening children recruited at level 10 or something ? * o *

I'm almost certain that the levels of the children vary depending on either the parents' level or how far you are into the game (not sure which or if both). I think when I recruited Shinonome and Hisame they had already hit level 20. I recruited Kisaragi, Kanna, and Shigure much earlier and they weren't at level 20 when they were recruited on my file, I believe?

I'm almost certain that the levels of the children vary depending on either the parents' level or how far you are into the game (not sure which or if both). I think when I recruited Shinonome and Hisame they had already hit level 20. I recruited Kisaragi, Kanna, and Shigure much earlier and they weren't at level 20 when they were recruited on my file, I believe?

Okay, that's what I thought, because I vaguely remember recruiting Kanna, Kisaragi, and Sophie at like levels 18 - 20 ~

and yeah, their parents were highly leveled late-middle game...

right now I'm at 14, I think ? ; u ;

Thanks for the reply // confirmation ! time to reset ; u ;

aaah leveling Tsubaki and Aqua's going to be a pain cries

I'm gonna translate the Male!Kanna+Shigure sibling conversation for the lolz.

Plus it's a pretty straight-forward translation.

Male!Kanna+Shigure (Siblings) C-support:

M!Kanna: Ne, Shigure, do you wanna go on patrol together?

Shigure: Kanna. Right now?

M!Kanna: Un! I (uses Boku) wanna hurry up and get stronger so I can protect everyone. For that sake I have to first give it my all while patrolling. And isn't patrolling more useful faster/at the moment?

Shigure: Then I'll go along with you. That's because even though we grew up in different places, I'm still your older brother.

M!Kanna: Thanks! Then let's go!

Shigure: Ah, okay. But isn't it dangerous with just us?

M!Kanna: It'll be alright! Because I've been working hard and practicing every day!

Shigure: But with just the two of us...

M!Kanna: It'll be fine! If us two siblings combine our powers we can punish any bad people!

Shigure: Sōdesu ne. If Kanna says so, then it'll certainly be okay.

M!Kanna: Un! I want to try and patrol every day!

Shigure: What? Every day?

M!Kanna: Un! I patrol every day because if I don't practice every day it's useless to me.
Shigure: I see... every day...

M!Kanna: Shigure, what's wrong?

Shigure: Wawa, I just thought it might be a little too much. Well, let's head off.

M!Kanna: Un! Let's do our best!

B-support:

M!Kanna: Thank you for coming along with me on patrol today as well, Shigure!

Shigure: Patrolling together with you has also become a bit fun. I'll be relying on you when we're together, Kanna
M!Kanna: Really!? (Sore honto!?)

Shigure: Yes. I've gotten used to patrolling, and recently I think we've gotten pretty efficient at it.

M!Kanna: Really... eheheh, I'm glad! From now on, no matter the enemy we face, as long as I can become a dragon I feel like I can beat it! Oh yeah, what thing is Shigure good at?

Shigure: What me? Let's see... battling high up on the sky.

M!Kanna: Shigure is amazing! Well then, the two of us are invisible when we're together!

Shigure: Eh, that is so. (sōdesune)

M!Kanna: Yoooosh! I'm gonna do my best more and more! Come on, hurry. Let's go!

Shigure: Wa! Wai-please wait, Kanna!

A-support:

M!Kanna: Shigure! Today let's go on patrol together again!

Shigure: Ah, okay.

M!Kanna: Ah, but before that... I have a favor to ask.

Shigure: A favor?

M!Kanna: Un. The thing Shigure is good at, I want you to tell me how to do it.

Shigure: Do you mean fighting in the sky like i told you before?

M!Kanna: Un. You know how out of everyone I'm the youngest child? The list of things I can't do is huge ... hurrying up and becoming an adult is difficult, increasing the things I can do as fast as possible! That is my dream. Shigure-ni...oni-chan teach me something. When we were separated I was always yearning/wondering what it felt like to spend time together as siblings.
Shigure: Kanna...

M!Kanna: That's why I want to talk a lot with Shigure, I want you to tell me a lot of things. Is that.... no good?

Shigure: I wouldn't say it's no good/useless. You saying that makes me happy.

M!Kanna: So will you tell me lots of things?

Shigure: Of course. I'll do whatever I can to tell you what I can.

M!Kanna: Thank you.

Shigure: But I don't intend to loose to Kanna. Who can become stronger the fastest, let's have a competition between the two of us.

M!Kanna: Un, I won't loose!

Shigure: Well then, then see you tomorrow for patrolling.

Edited by squkyshoes

Got some more supports up this morning, might not update much if at all this afternoon but here's a few for now.

http://pastebin.com/wwxJz03nNishiki+Hinoka C-S (This was a request?)

http://pastebin.com/V8ypYrpNTsubaki+Nyx C-S (Coffeeeeeeeeeee.)

http://pastebin.com/GL9h6H3kTsubaki+Hinata C-A (In which I finally use TNs to explain something.)

*...holy shit guys. What IS THIS?!? I am just utterly gobsmacked about this—THERE'S A FILE NAMED " カンナ男_シグレ_兄弟 " (Kanna_Male_Shigure_Sibling) in the text dump. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!? I DON'T EVEN--

It's true! If you look, there's also a support file for カンナ男_アクア_親子, "KannaMale_Aqua_Parent/Child"! at least, i have that one

It's empty apart from the C/B/A titles, though. But, this means at some point, not only did they (probably) plan to have Aqua be bisexual, but also that gay couples could recruit the child units! (As is, I believe you only hear them mention adoption in the epilogue)

Damn it IS, put this back in! my gay heart needs this

Kinda makes me wonder why they took it out though, especially if they went through the effort to actually write MKanna+Shigure sib support.

Edited by fletch

So wait, not only did we originally have at least one actually sane gay option, but we also would have got to have kids via that route as well, and then they took that out? ... the hell IS?

Next game. Please, please get it right in the next game. You were so freaking close...

It's true! If you look, there's also a support file for カンナ男_アクア_親子, "KannaMale_Aqua_Parent/Child"! at least, i have that one

It's empty apart from the C/B/A titles, though. But, this means at some point, not only did they (probably) plan to have Aqua be bisexual, but also that gay couples could recruit the child units! (As is, I believe you only hear them mention adoption in the epilogue)

Damn it IS, put this back in! my gay heart needs this

Kinda makes me wonder why they took it out though, especially if they went through the effort to actually write MKanna+Shigure sib support.

My guess its connected to them and the choices(Zero and Not-Tharja) we have now. Its safe to say that they are dipping their toes into this big lake to see how the reception is and looks like they are willing to pull it out should the bull shark(back lash) get to close.

Test the waters and see if its safe to swim. But things like the Soleil incident along with other things could potentially scare them off if they feel they are going to start a feeding frenzy if a few drops of blood fall in.

My metaphors and analogies aside. I'm not upset by this and the tears of those saddened sustain me. They cant put it back in if they never finished but at least there are signs of them attempting this.

But on the plus side if the characters who I think are meant as a test drive do well then we could see something like this in the next installment on a bigger scale(Even if only slightly). I doubt though there will be characters that are restricted by sexual preference as Fates has shown us but this could go for an Everyone is Bi angle which to me would be both lame and pandering compared to the former which I think would be taking steps in the right direction.

I personally prefer this result because as I said I would like to see straight up homosexual characters(Well-written ones please) and not a bunch of pretty all-bi wish fulfillment sex dolls to cater to someone's fetish which is one big reason I hate the fact that we can once again marry children characters again.

Edited by Iron Griffin

So wait, not only did we originally have at least one actually sane gay option, but we also would have got to have kids via that route as well, and then they took that out? ... the hell IS?

Next game. Please, please get it right in the next game. You were so freaking close...

I know, right? So disappointing. I'm wondering if they got told to take it out or something, it just seems weird that they'd take it out AFTER writing supports AND change the same-sex support options to a specific character archetype, AND remove the kids... But then again, maybe I'm overestimating them and it was just a crappy decision on their part. A really crappy one. why did they leave those support files in here anyway? Bi Aqua is best Aqua.

EDIT: I understand the need for homosexual characters as well as bi/pan characters, too (if they're seriously gonna keep making ONLY straight characters restricted choices by their sexuality, and all characters who can do same-sex s-supports (SSSS?!) available as straight options too, then... :/ ) , but damn at least they're making SOME kind of step in the right direction.

Edited by fletch

I doubt they left that out because they wanted too. It's normal for games to have partially finished content that didn't end up properly implemented into the game because of a lack of time. Knights of the Old Republic 2 for example got two major locations cut out: An entire planet cut out, as well as the HK factory. And unlike the planet, the HK factory was even partially scripted. (It's very interesting to cheat yourself into that area and explore those half-scripted modules. There are dev notes and placeholders everywhere). But despite all the work that was already done, it simply wasn't ready in time, so it was left out.

Besides, this could actually mean good things. Partially finished content has the habit of getting fully realized during localization.

Edited by BrightBow