Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

I don't know if anyone shared this already but here are the "bath lines" (aka onsen/hot spring), translated by Leoppi, from all the characters when they are married to Kamui:

http://pastebin.com/uxXA4uYU

Does anyone know if the lines from when they AREN'T married to Kamui are translated too? I also want to see some onsen videos ;A; haven't found any yet...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vanished from translation like three days or something, oops...

Anyway, Shinonome+Sophie C-S http://pastebin.com/w7LZpv6R

ADORABLE CAVALIER DAUGHTER AND LOBSTER NEPHEW AAAAAAAAH Thank you so much, fletch! I'm kinda hesitant to pair these two up because they're technically going to be cousins in my game, and I like Shinonome / Matoi a lot too. But still adorable!

Also, anyone seen Joker / Hinoka around? It's the last support to complete all of butler man's romantic options, plus Hinoka hasn't even gotten one support translated with any of the neutral gentlemen.

Does anyone know if the lines from when they AREN'T married to Kamui are translated too? I also want to see some onsen videos ;A; haven't found any yet...

Haven't seen them, but I got asked to translate one of Leon's lines by a friend who borrowed my game, which was something like 'I was here first, so have a bit of sensitivity!' or something like that. That's all I've got, though. i didn't even use the baths in my own run, so...

Haven't seen them, but I got asked to translate one of Leon's lines by a friend who borrowed my game, which was something like 'I was here first, so have a bit of sensitivity!' or something like that. That's all I've got, though. i didn't even use the baths in my own run, so...

I see ;w; thanks for the info!!

I don't know if anyone shared this already but here are the "bath lines" (aka onsen/hot spring), translated by Leoppi, from all the characters when they are married to Kamui:

Those bath lines made me way too happy. Way too happy.

Man, so it's really true Camilla and Aqua have no supports? Wow. I'm genuinely upset. You'd figure with how hard this game is trying to hammer home symmetry that they'd have a support, but... -sigh- I guess that's another potential fanfic idea I'll need to toss onto my growing pile... Not that that's a bad thing, of course. I'll always need good material.

Has anyone seen Matoi and Grey's support conversations yet? I was a big Cordelia/Gaius fan in Awakening, (as well as Severa/Owain), and I'm planning on at least doing one run where the old pairings get a reappearance with their expies and/or reincarnations/travellers...

Those bath lines made me way too happy. Way too happy.

Has anyone seen Matoi and Grey's support conversations yet? I was a big Cordelia/Gaius fan in Awakening, (as well as Severa/Owain), and I'm planning on at least doing one run where the old pairings get a reappearance with their expies and/or reincarnations/travellers...

Hoho, I know right? I'm really happy about the hot spring option. Hope they don't tone it down too much in the localization...

As regards Matoi/Grey supports, it seems they haven't been translated yet. I'm waiting for Hisame/F!Kamui supports myself *__*

Now that I think about it...Kamui is missing very few romantic supports to be translated, wow!!! *0*

Seriously, to all the translators, thank you so much!!! <3 <3 <3

Fuuga(why the fuck is he here)

I like how people don't even know he's marriageable since no one ever talks about him. Everyone is just like, "Do not want".

And in the text dump there are files for the units' comments (same gender as you) when you walk into the bath, and what they say once you're in the bath with them. Though I can't find anything with the opposite gender yelling at you when you enter their bath (which is really what I wanted to see).

As for the hot spring footage, you're best off looking through the footage of one of the livestreams saved/uploaded on twitch or YouTube.

Edit: Also, is it okay if I claim the Grey x Matoi translation?

Edit: I've already completed C-rank. It's mine!

Edited by squkyshoes

Though I can't find anything with the opposite gender yelling at you when you enter their bath (which is really what I wanted to see).

As for the hot spring footage, you're best off looking through the footage of one of the livestreams saved/uploaded on twitch or YouTube.

Me too ;A; I hope someone posts the opposite gender yelling at you when you enter the bath as well...

Sadly, the only hot spring footage I've spoted from livestreams is the one from Himynameismaurice with Kamui and Leon.

I really want to see the ones with Takumi, Nishiki and Flannel...

Get rid of marriage too. I feel like these mechanics force too many opposite sex supports.

You don't necessarily need to get rid of marriage to reduce the amount of supports. Just limit it to around 5 or so of the most likely candidates (including the Avatar if we're going to keep that around). I.e. in Awakening, Chrom (Avatar, Sumia, Sully, Olivia, Maribelle) and Sumia (Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, Henry) each had five possible spouses. I thought that all the other first gen characters should also have been limited to the same number. It's become a game of mine to try and whittle down the options to who makes the most sense.

You know, like how things were limited in the good old days! *waives cane in the air*

You don't necessarily need to get rid of marriage to reduce the amount of supports. Just limit it to around 5 or so of the most likely candidates (including the Avatar if we're going to keep that around). I.e. in Awakening, Chrom (Avatar, Sumia, Sully, Olivia, Maribelle) and Sumia (Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, Henry) each had five possible spouses. I thought that all the other first gen characters should also have been limited to the same number. It's become a game of mine to try and whittle down the options to who makes the most sense.

You know, like how things were limited in the good old days! *waives cane in the air*

I wish romantic supports wouldn't always end up in marriage. It's so predictable at this point. I agree that romantic supports should be limited.

I wish romantic supports wouldn't always end up in marriage. It's so predictable at this point. I agree that romantic supports should be limited.

I think making them more limited could open the possibilities for more interesting and meaningful supports especially if they hit the S-Rank. That is my opinion at least.

Or, at the very least have it so that you can only have one possible romantic partner get BOTH A and S rank (and all the others would be stopped at a max of B rank). So that the A rank shows them getting together and the S rank shows the proposal. So there's at least some semblance of a courtship. The friendly/sibling supports could still go up to A rank as usual.

Get rid of marriage too. I feel like these mechanics force too many opposite sex supports.

Marriage isn't a mechanic. Whenever anyone talks about it I get furious because saying that means absolutely nothing due to being vague as hell.

Edited by MajorMajora

Marriage isn't a mechanic. Whenever anyone talks about it I get furious because saying that means absolutely nothing due to being vague as hell.

I just want to see more same-sex supports because I'm disappointed that Camilla, who likes strong girls, doesn't support with more girls, mainly Charlotte.

I don't understand why some fans hate the marriage option so much...In Awakening it was one of the most popular features and it brought many new fans. If there hadn't been that many fans, Fire Emblem Fates wouldn't even exist. You know, because Awakening was suppossed to be the last game of the series. I understand that some supports aren't very good but there's no perfect game, right? The story is quite good, in my opinion, the characters have great design, the gameplay is very entertaining and you have a combo of 3 games to boot! Game developers always try to improve their games based on feedback from the ones who played them.

On the topic of awkward S supports, I had thought about this while developing this idea for an FE game I got recently. Basically before you have an S support you have an A+ support, so it's a 2 support lead up to romance instead of a 1 support lead up.

I don't understand why some fans hate the marriage option so much...In Awakening it was one of the most popular features and it brought many new fans. If there hadn't been that many fans, Fire Emblem Fates wouldn't even exist. You know, because Awakening was suppossed to be the last game of the series. I understand that some supports aren't very good but there's no perfect game, right? The story is quite good, in my opinion, the characters have great design, the gameplay is very entertaining and you have a combo of 3 games to boot! Game developers always try to improve their games based on feedback from the ones who played them.

While I don't hate it I can understand why people do. The limitless opposite-sex supports makes a lot of them shallow and rushed, especially trying to cram in marriage for the S support with little to no romantic development. It also takes away from the same-sex relationship, platonic or romantic, that were present in prior games such as the GBA games, which managed romantic AND platonic endings.

The child system making a return in Awakening made some amount of sense, whereas in Fates it is clearly tacked-on for fanservice and gives another unnecessary reason for marriage, rather than well-developed yet limited supports, to return, which again gives rise to crappy supports.

Yes, Awakening was meant to be the last game, and it used all of its resources to make it as appealing as possible. It worked!

As far as we know, Fates is not the last FE game. Rather than focusing on making the systems from Awakening BETTER, it seems as if they literally ported it over into Fates.

TL;DR: Romance is cool! Marriage and children? Fine, in Awakening. In Fates? Unnecessary, and a little forced. Let's move forward.

While I don't hate it I can understand why people do. The limitless opposite-sex supports makes a lot of them shallow and rushed, especially trying to cram in marriage for the S support with little to no romantic development. It also takes away from the same-sex relationship, platonic or romantic, that were present in prior games such as the GBA games, which managed romantic AND platonic endings.

The child system making a return in Awakening made some amount of sense, whereas in Fates it is clearly tacked-on for fanservice and gives another unnecessary reason for marriage, rather than well-developed yet limited supports, to return, which again gives rise to crappy supports.

Yes, Awakening was meant to be the last game, and it used all of its resources to make it as appealing as possible. It worked!

As far as we know, Fates is not the last FE game. Rather than focusing on making the systems from Awakening BETTER, it seems as if they literally ported it over into Fates.

TL;DR: Romance is cool! Marriage and children? Fine, in Awakening. In Fates? Unnecessary, and a little forced. Let's move forward.

I agree that some supports may seem rushed but, in my opinion, as MajorMajora said, I think you'd need an A+ support before the S one so that it's less forced and there's more development (And if it's still forced then the problem lies within the writing cause' there are many good supports with the same amount of lenght and they aren't forced). Same sex relationships were just introduced in this game. We have to take into account that gay marriage is not legal yet in Japan. I'm optimistic to think they may add some more options in later games.

As regards children, I agree that in this case it seemed a bit forced but they might have added it because it was popular in Awakening. I'm ok with them, though. Lots of the children characters are quite endearing to me, hehe.

Also, from what I've read, it seems the creator wanted to focus more on the story in Fates. Make the player actually choose and for those choices to affect the story (not like in Awakening where you had little choices and they didn't really affect the story). He said his goal was to make people cry with this game, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by amaicherii

I agree that some supports may seem rushed but, in my opinion, as MajorMajora said, I think you'd need an A+ support before the S one so that it's less forced and there's more development (And if it's still foced then the problem lies within the writing cause' there are many good supports with the same amount of lenght and they aren't forced). Same sex relationships were just introduced in this game. We have to take into account that gay marriage is not legal yet in Japan. I'm optimistic to think they may add some more options in later games.

As regards children, I agree that in this case it seemed a bit forced but they might have added it because it was popular in Awakening. I'm ok with them, though. Lots of the children characters are quite endearing to me, hehe.

Also, from what I've read, it seems the creator wanted to focus more on the story in Fates. Make the player actually choose and for those choices to affect the story (not like in Awakening where you had little choices and they didn't really affect the story). He said his goal was to make people cry with this game, if I'm not mistaken.

A+ rank would be good but I think a large number of S supports can be fixed by replacing "Will you marry me?" with "Will you go out with me?"

Some supports in Fates already have this, and I think they are some of the best. For example, IIRC, Silas and Kamui's doesn't end with explicit marriage, just that they will "be together". A few others like Saizou/Kagerou mention being lovers, but no marriage partners. The marriage in the supports is implied, of course, what with the connotations of being together forever and such, but IMHO it's better than being presented with a ring and saying "well, what the hell."

And I'm not saying that S supports with marriage can't be good, of course. I love the Camilla/Flannel and Zero/Aqua supports and them getting married was one of the best decision I've made but the former pairing's supports are really rushed. Cute, but rushed. And I kind of liked that Camilla was like "eh, why not?" to Flannel's marriage proposal and it's like she's training a puppy.

My beef with children was mainly 1) gameplay in this case was directly detrimental to character development since it led to the creation of some very forced supports so that characters can have bigger pools (and even then we have Kamuisexuals, so it's either too much or too little). I feel a sizeable but more limited pool may be better overall for characterization, personally. Also more supports that just don't lead to romance. With any gender. 2) They have no real plot reason to be around. FE:A had the time travel fate-changing shenanigans, so kids worked out there in that context, while this time it's literally "pop into hyperbolic time dimension and comes battle-ready kid???" like

I don't really mind kids if it meshes well with the story, FE4's implementation (full 2 generation system, no weird time shit going on, makes the most plot-sense) works pretty well IMO and also made people cry. It just, idk, feels really out of place here. I feel like the S rank / A+ system is already pretty good for the whole customizable unit skillset thing with existing gen1s, anyway.

Like, FE:A was FE:A. It wasn't exactly the most serious thing, and it does it job. If FE wanted to have a more serious plot, like they said they wanted, the shit with the hyperbolic time chamber doesn't really feel right to me.

Marriage itself is fine. It's been in FE forever anyway.

Edited by Thor Odinson

A+ rank would be good but I think a large number of S supports can be fixed by replacing "Will you marry me?" with "Will you go out with me?"

Some supports in Fates already have this, and I think they are some of the best. For example, IIRC, Silas and Kamui's doesn't end with explicit marriage, just that they will "be together". A few others like Saizou/Kagerou mention being lovers, but no marriage partners. The marriage in the supports is implied, of course, what with the connotations of being together forever and such, but IMHO it's better than being presented with a ring and saying "well, what the hell."

And I'm not saying that S supports with marriage can't be good, of course. I love the Camilla/Flannel and Zero/Aqua supports and them getting married was one of the best decision I've made but the former pairing's supports are really rushed. Cute, but rushed. And I kind of liked that Camilla was like "eh, why not?" to Flannel's marriage proposal and it's like she's training a puppy.

Aah, I understand. Yeah, it would be better with some supports for the characters to become lovers and not marry right away. But I suppose (this is just speculation) the game writers were inclined towards marriage because there's a war and they want the characters to be close to each other with the strongest bond possible in case something were to happen and they didn't survive. This is just my interpretation but who knows, it could also mean they didn't think about it xD. But yup, lovers would be cool too :D.

Its clear from the get-go that there are way too many S-supports in Fates with most feeling rushed thanks to things like the child mechanic which I still feel was completely unnecessary for Fates. In addition there is a butt load of pandering with characters getting turned into romance options when really then they shouldn't be among these being the child characters and your siblings on both sides.

I don't care if they are not really your blood turning them into more love interests screwed with the really awesome idea presented by Fates in the beginning

Then there are the complaints of not enough husbandos and waifus or not enough bi options or not enough gay options or something that doesn't cater to a person's preference or some fetish which comes back to my other mentioned issues of trying to please everyone it become less about telling a good story with good characters and becomes more about "Oh look how cute this pairing is!" or "My little waifu is so moe I want to pet her and squeeze here and call her Debby!" or "Man why can't I see these two get together *pouts*".

I feel that its crap like this that takes away from possible meaningful and deep connections with characters which is why I agree with those that say that there should be a limited number of romantic supports and possibly changes in the system that makes the growing bond more natural. Hell throw in some platonic relationships as well but in general make the supports have both weight and heart.

Edited by Iron Griffin