Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think localization will do a little more than that for the paired endings. Localization didn't have to give the children characters of Awakening completely unique critical quotes, but they did.

But we're talking about two different localizers; 8-4, who did Awakening, has a reputation for making a ton of changes in localization. Fates is being done by NOA.

But we're talking about two different localizers; 8-4, who did Awakening, has a reputation for making a ton of changes in localization. Fates is being done by NOA.

Now that I think about it, wasn't Kid Icarus Uprising localization also done by NOA? If so, how much different the localized version was from the japanese one? We could use that sort of information to somewhat predict Fates's localization, or at least we would have an idea about how NOA localizations works.

After all, Uprising was a game with a lot dialogue, so it's very likely that NOA made some changes.

Now that I think about it, wasn't Kid Icarus Uprising localization also done by NOA? If so, how much different the localized version was from the japanese one? We could use that sort of information to somewhat predict Fates's localization, or at least we would have an idea about how NOA localizations works.

After all, Uprising was a game with a lot dialogue, so it's very likely that NOA made some changes.

Apparently, Sakurai told them to make as many changes as they wanted to dialogue so that it sounded natural to English speakers (i.e., so that the original Japanese jokes didn't fly over our heads).

"[The Japanese script] is something that takes advantage of the nuances of Japanese conversation, and not all of it works directly in English," Sakurai said. "We had NOA handle the localization, and I told them to change the meaning and content as much as they want - that I wanted conversations that sound natural and enjoyable to a native speaker."

I personally can remember at least two changes that Chuggaconroy mentioned in his playthrough. One in the chapter where Dark Pit defeats an enemy during the flying portion of one of the earlier chapters (can't remember which). In the Japanese, the line mentions he overexerts himself, while in English, he says "Now that's how you take down a boss."

Another is more minor in which Viridi is referred to as a Tsundere in Japanese's Chapter 16, while she's said to have a "soft spot for Pit" in English and the conversation is slightly different ("Baka Baka Beam" Vs "This is why I kept trying to kill you".

So I think it's safe to say Fates will probably be localized similarly, while still pretty much remaining a good translation, just better sounding to English speakers, though probably not as much as Uprising, which had more jokes and humor.

The Silas/Kagerou support was pretty interesting...but:

Kagerou: Yes But, it would be rude to go empty-handed. Thats right. For a greeting, Ill bring one of my works. At some point I had a picture that left a huge impression on Mikoto-sama

Kagerou my dear, I'm not sure if you should bring that picture, it might make things worse, besides while I believe picture did leave an impression on Mikoto, I'm not sure it was a good one...

In fact, I'm trying to image the scene now, Kagerou showing her "masterpiece" to Mikoto, which would absolutely shock her, but Mikoto being to nice, probably said something like:

Mikoto: Y-Yes, it's very...unique.

Oh, and Felicia?

The one who eats people is Flannel, not Benoit.

Edited by Water Mage

This sounds painfully lazy......

It is especially odd when you consider how the Future Past in Awakening had full, unique, and well-written conversations for every single father/child combination, but both Awakening and Fates still have generic jigsaw paired endings, which are only three sentences long.

So am I the only one seeing the Hisame/Midoriko support is removed or am I missing something?

It's still up, I just checked.

If you're trying to go to the support via the link someone put in this thread, it's probably a glitch; it happens to me all the time. If you go back to the person's pastebin (I think it was fletch who translated it, actually) and then look down the list, it should be there.

I'm back from abroad and still lazy wahey. On the other hand I finally finished Invisible, iiiiii loooooooved iiiiiiit

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...

[spoiler=Awakening Trio]So if you marry Luna to Odin/Lazwald, they BOTH bail out on their child? Does anyone have the Awakening Trio's endings? (single or married, I'm just curious if they just go "lolbye") and wouldn't it be hard to just disappear if they married into royalty?

[spoiler=Awakening Trio Endcards?] Haven't married them to each other, but I did marry them all to separate people. I haven't translated their endcards fully, but going by memory all of them vanish and all their records of existing in this world appear to be wiped. I seem to remember Laz is the only one who leaves his marriage record intact for some reason, but I'm not sure if that's true or if I'm mis-remembering! I also did marry Odin into royalty in both of my files but his endcard appeared the same, again if memory serves.

EDIT: Also Hisame/Midoriko was indeed one of my translations, it is still there! I don't tend to delete anything even if I notice errors, I just go back and edit.

As a side note my focus has changed a little from supports to paralogues for the time being, the paralogues are important to my heart and I cry at a lot of them

Edited by fletch

Here are F!Kamui's supports with Midoriko and Sophie! Aww they're adorable.

But I'm confused as to how Sophie's support is supposed to work on the Hoshido route. Marx isn't there, and he's definitely not washing any socks. Oh well.

Man, Sophie supports really seem to bring up counting sand a lot. If I remember, she tells Siegbert to count sand in their support too.

Does seem a bit weird that they've put the thing about Marx in her support! There are loads of route-neutral characters, too, why not just use one of those...or is Marx just particularly likely to wash socks...

I know that they've added A+ supports, which should be like dating, right? I know I've read the A+ convo between F!Avatar and Luna, but I don't remember if I actually read one between F!Avatar and Hinoka. I was looking them up at 23.30 something. Does anyone know if they've one? If they do, do Sakura/Elise get an A+ convo with the F!Avatar?

There are no supports for A+. Once two people reach A rank, you get an option to A+ one of them to the other so you can buddy seal. There's just a box that pops up to explain what it does, and that's it.

Hm, it seems they didn't double check the conversations for dual-route characters. Marx and Suzukaze's B support where they talk about the latter "swapping countries" is also completely out of context in IK, especially considering that Marx is one of the last few people to join the party there lol.

Here are F!Kamui's supports with Midoriko and Sophie! Aww they're adorable.

But I'm confused as to how Sophie's support is supposed to work on the Hoshido route. Marx isn't there, and he's definitely not washing any socks. Oh well.

My guess is that whole thing of Marx washing sockings is something that happened a long time and Kamui still have the socks, weird I know, but it makes more sense, or does somewhere in the support does it say that Marx washed the recently?

My guess is that whole thing of Marx washing sockings is something that happened a long time and Kamui still have the socks, weird I know, but it makes more sense, or does somewhere in the support does it say that Marx washed the recently?

Yup, they're just washed. The original word is 洗いたて, where the -たて means that something has recently been done.

Yup, they're just washed. The original word is 洗いたて, where the -たて means that something has recently been done.

I see...

From what path you got this support?

Maybe in the Hoshido path is Ryoma who washed the socks,

I know the supports are mostly the same on all paths, but maybe this changes?

After all, it's such a minor detail, it would be easy to change.