Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

Just curious if anyone knows: I was reading through the wiki and it says that Ryouma is naturally gifted and Marx, unlike him, lacks natural talents and had to work really hard to get to where he is today (and he used to practice public speech pretending he was speaking to carrots :3). Are these revealed through their supports? If so, which ones? (Or the wiki could just be lying to me, since I have spotted some inaccuracies)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marx x Sakura and Marx x Siegbert has those

I don't remember offhand that if Ryouma's natural talent's mentioned at all in his supports, it could just be extrapolated to contrast marx, or it could be some piece of dialogue outside his supports, maybe mentioned by other characters to each other; I don't know everything tho

Edited by Thor Odinson

Marx x Sakura and Marx x Siegbert has those

I don't remember offhand that if Ryouma's natural talent's mentioned at all in his supports, it could just be extrapolated to contrast marx, or it could be some piece of dialogue outside his supports, maybe mentioned by other characters to each other; I don't know everything tho

Thanks!

Right, I've read a lot of his supports and none said that directly. But if it's like how they described it in the wiki, then damn, he's pretty much perfect... And as much as I like him now, I would've certainly appreciated some character flaws

I think Ryouma's character flaws do exist, but the writing team didn't want take risks with him and didn't make it very obvious which I guess kinda backfired

but given that I am me once I'm attached to a character I will dig really hard for things haha

for example this fucker decided to solo his ass into chevalier and I get it, you're a lobster that hangs out with a bunch of ninja and it worked out but god i think hinoka should've prolly punched you in your pretty face or something you fucking lobster that was actually really reckless for a first prince to do

He instigates the conflict in nohr 18 first, so he's more aggressive than marx is, shorter fuse, maybe

and he's kinda, overprotective of family? like I think his support with hinoka shows that a little, and also he kinda coddles kamui in IK, so maybe if the game showed the negatives of that it would work out really well

lastly it's more funny than anything but i do have a text-supported headcanon that he's lowkey vain and fabulous, based on nohr 18, myroom, and his hinoka support again

Also I feel like his hinoka support showed that he has latent trolling potential; maybe he's just a troll with siblings but it'd be nice if it was used in more places than the hinoka support

in one of the DLC, the ghost one, it's said that he doesn't actually like being scared from behind which i then drew this as a response to

but yeah it's there it's just, the game's writers didn't want to emphasize them

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think Ryouma's character flaws do exist, but the writing team didn't want take risks with him and didn't make it very obvious which I guess kinda backfired

but given that I am me once I'm attached to a character I will dig really hard for things haha

for example this fucker decided to solo his ass into chevalier and I get it, you're a lobster that hangs out with a bunch of ninja and it worked out but god i think hinoka should've prolly punched you in your pretty face or something you fucking lobster that was actually really reckless for a first prince to do

He instigates the conflict in nohr 18 first, so he's more aggressive than marx is, shorter fuse, maybe

and he's kinda, overprotective of family? like I think his support with hinoka shows that a little, and also he kinda coddles kamui in IK, so maybe if the game showed the negatives of that it would work out really well

lastly it's more funny than anything but i do have a text-supported headcanon that he's lowkey vain and fabulous, based on nohr 18, myroom, and his hinoka support again

Also I feel like his hinoka support showed that he has latent trolling potential; maybe he's just a troll with siblings but it'd be nice if it was used in more places than the hinoka support

in one of the DLC, the ghost one, it's said that he doesn't actually like being scared from behind which i then drew this as a response to

but yeah it's there it's just, the game's writers didn't want to emphasize them

LOL I do agree with all your points (especially the first one and Nohr 18, one of my favorite chapters :P), and your drawing is so cute :3 I too have noticed his latent talent as a troll, I just wished that it was shown in more places.

I've have seen quite a few people comparing him to Chrom, and after looking at it carefully, they are pretty similar in a lot of places (basically, he's Chrom after a few years of experience). Come to think of it, Chrom doesn't have any obvious character flaws, either (except maybe a little self-righteous). Maybe I just like this type of character...

But yeah, overall I don't think his flaws were well-written, and I definitely think it's the writers' fault for not taking any risks with him. I'm totally seeing it backfiring since so many people find his character bland :(

Think I'll dump a support that's been lying on my desktop for the past month for revision.

Lutz x Sophie

* = look over

C Support

Lutz: Sophie! Let's have a contest right now!

Sophie: Lutz? What's with that all of a sudden?

Lutz: My wyvern Michalis, and Sophie's horse Abel... Which one is the stronger partner... it should be as clear as black and white!

Sophie: Fufufu... Lutz, what an interesting thing you thought of!

Lutz: Right? Right?

Sophie: It's a contest! I accept! Abel gives little freedom, as he's been disobedient about things like this plenty of times... But once he's serious, there isn't a horse that's as strong or fast!

Lutz: My Michalis is the strongest wyvern there is! Abel will no doubt lose!

Sophie: But see, how'll we have this contest? Surely you do not want to make it a battle...

Lutz: How about we have a simple foot-race? Well, Michalis can fly though...

Sophie: Fufufufu! That's not going to be a problem! For Abel... he'll leap across the ground and run right through!

Lutz: Alright! Let's start the contest right away! Fly, Michalis!

Sophie: Go and run for me! Abel!

Lutz: ...Huh? Michalis isn't here... Speaking of... it seems I forgot to bring Michalis...

Sophie: H-hold on, Abel! Where do you think you're going!? That's not the way! Abel!

Lutz: I-I'll go and get Michalis!

Sophie: M-me and Abel will chase after you! Wait, wait!!
============================================================
B Support

Lutz: Sophie.

Sophie: Lutz. You came at the right time.

Lutz: Today, between Michalis and Abel... let's decide who is the strongest partner!

Sophie: Yes, of course! I'm brimming with determination! But... even if I'm determined... Abel... seems to have left somewhere...

Lutz: Ehhhhhhhh!? So his whereabouts are unknown?

Sophie: He's somewhere again, as I think he loves to go on a rampage.

Lutz: Then I suppose, we go and hunt him down right away! I'd like to help too!

Sophie: Lutz... Thank you.

Lutz: It's nothing, Sophie. I'm worried as well. Abel... is one that makes trouble but doesn't know that.

Sophie: R-right. Even though I'm worried about what Abel's doing, people from the distance must be as well.

Lutz: Then I'll fly on Michalis and then look for where Abel might be!

Sophie: In that case, I'll think of somewhere he might go and then search there. But, with so many of them in mind... wouldn't he have wrecked the whole neighborhood?*

Lutz: At that time, won't it be Abel's turn!*

Sophie: As expected of Lutz! I'll ride on Abel and search the area! Then it's decided, I'll call Abel at once! Come on out! It's your turn, Abel!

Lutz: ...Ah.

Sophie: ...Ah. That Abel... I'll go and look for him so we can have a talk...

Lutz: ...Sure.

Sophie: I mean... we're people... With Michalis and Abel as our partners... we cannot firmly take hold of them.*

Lutz: Yup... That's right...
A Support

Lutz: Sophie! Let's have our contest today!

Sophie: Lutz. Of course, I'll take you on!

Lutz: Between Michalis and Abel... let's decide which of them is the stronger partner!

Sophie: Fufufu... too bad that this victory's going to be Abel's. Once you've experienced a horse like him, you'll be met with a painful experience!

Lutz: Same goes for Michalis! He's the very strongest out of the strong wyvern!

Sophie: Then, let's start at once! Who will win this contest?

Lutz: Even between horse and wyvern, I feel that this contest is quite fair... A speed-eating showdown or a simple foot-race... which do you think is fine?

Sophie: ...Hold it right there.

Lutz: Eh? What is it, Sophie?

Sophie: Lutz, look over there...

Lutz: Eh? Over there is... Michalis and Abel... they're trying to be good friends.

Sophie: Yeah... The two of them are eating their food together. Moreso, the selfish Abel is... diligently dividing his food for Michalis...

Lutz: Since when were they such good friends with one another?

Sophie: I didn't notice it as well.

Lutz: ........

Sophie: .........

Lutz: Let's stop... with this contest.

Sophie: Sure. They get along to that degree. It's pitiful that we were competing on our own.

Lutz: Yup! I think so too!

Sophie: Fufufu! Well, what do we do today?

Lutz: Let's all go on a walk together! On to the grasslands!

Sophie: That's a good idea! Let's go, let's go!

Lutz: I want to hear a lot about what Sophie and Abel!

Sophie: I'd like the same with Lutz and Michalis!

Lutz: Sure! Of course!
S Support

Lutz: Sophie!

Sophie: Oh, Lutz. What is it today?

Lutz: Hmm... Y-you know... M-Michalis would like to meet with Abel!

Sophie: Really. Well, I'll bring Abel over right away. ...Huh? But, I don't see any sign of Michalis...

Lutz: Ah! I screwed up...

Sophie: Screwed up? What do you mean by that?

Lutz: N-nothing to worry about! Michalis, where'd he go? He was by my side a minute ago.

Sophie: ...Lutz, don't you think whatever this is about isn't funny? I mean it's always not like this...

Lutz: I-I'm sorry! I was lying! The truth is... it has nothing to do with Michalis!

Sophie: What do you mean?

Lutz: It's just that I... wanted to meet with Sophie...

Sophie: ...Eh? S-so that's it. But, if that's the case, you don't have to lie to come see me. Whatever business you have, shouldn't you not hesitate to meet with me?

Lutz: Because... I didn't really have any business...

Sophie: Eh... Wh-what do you mean?

Lutz: I only... wanted to meet with you. Even though I didn't have any reason to come, I longed to meet with you.

Sophie: Lutz...

Lutz: I have always been thinking about Sophie... I cannot be apart from someone like you completely. ...Isn't that weird?

Sophie: ...Nope. There's nothing weird about that at all. Instead... it makes me happy. So much that I've been thinking about it... ...Yep. I'm very happy.

Lutz: Y-you mean it?

Sophie: That's why, I want you to come to me without hesitation. I... also wanted to go and meet up with Lutz...

Lutz: Yep! I'll come to meet with Sophie tons of times! ...Huh? But, if that's the case... wouldn't it be better if we were together from the beginning?

Sophie: Th-that's right... If we could be together forever... that'd be good... But see... if it's like that... it should be done slowly over time... shouldn't it? We're in no hurry... so let the two of us think about it slowly...*

Lutz: I understand! If you say so then I'll do it! Sophie! Let's be together lots from now on!

Sophie: Sure! Please treat me well!

With the new hacking technology it'd probably be much simpler to just text dump using hacking, then run it through a parser (Rey wrote one for single supports in Japanese, but theoretically, especially if the markup specifying linebreak or expression change or w/e stay largely the same it should be trivial to extend that program to cleaning up the entire support dump.

I think that would save a lot of work than doing it through manual transcription.

Whatever ripped the text from the Japanese rom theoretically should also be able to rip it from the English, given that they didn't add a bunch more layers of encryption or something. My bet's on that they didn't, because really what's the point

Edited by Thor Odinson

Do we know if there's any cap for support points that can be gained during one chapter? And is support point calculation still the same as Awakening? So that I don't need to have Aqua dance for 100+ turns in my next playthrough.

Does anyone have the Parent/Child translation: Camilla/Ignis? Or is there no Parent/Child translation for that matter? Also, does anyone know a forum that has all the pairing endings translated? I'd like to see what happens to the couples I'll make.

Edited by Reachfan2

Does anyone have the Parent/Child translation: Camilla/Ignis? Or is there no Parent/Child translation for that matter? Also, does anyone know a forum that has all the pairing endings translated? I'd like to see what happens to the couples I'll make.

I don't think anyone has done Camilla/Ignis' parent/child support. If I'm not mistaking with what you mean with "Or is there no Parent/Child translation for that matter?", then I know that Ignis' mother supports with Belka and female!Kamui are done, if that helps. I'm so sorry if I did make a mistake.

http://pastebin.com/iPLMB22t (Ignis and Belka mother/child support)

http://jokerthebutler.tumblr.com/post/127795646338/fkamuiignis-parentkid-support-c-a-rank (Ignis and female!Kamui mother and child support)

Here's the paired endings (you have to mix-n-match the endings for the pairings you want.) -

http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/post/126373091112/fe14-epilogue-translations (Male/Female Kamui and Kanna)

http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/post/126373113982/feif-neutral-epilogue-translations (Neutral Characters)

http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/post/126373110982/hoshido-epilogue-translations (Hoshido Characters)

http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/post/126373106477/nohr-epilogue-translations (Nohr Characters)

http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/post/126373117012/feif-children-epilogue-translations (Children Characters)

Edited by December Knight

Guys, aside from Kamui, does Zero have nice and legit marriage candidates? I'm not talking from a gameplay standpoint but story standpoint.

I'm saying this cuz I'm not fond of Kamui and I'd love it if he had a good chemestry with another one of his possible spouses... =(

Guys, aside from Kamui, does Zero have nice and legit marriage candidates? I'm not talking from a gameplay standpoint but story standpoint.

I'm saying this cuz I'm not fond of Kamui and I'd love it if he had a good chemestry with another one of his possible spouses... =(

Zero/Camilla and Zero/Belka are my personal favorites.

You've probably read or heard of the infamous innuendo-laden Zero/Camilla support, but once he grows to understand her better, he apologizes for harassing her and says she is a "strong woman, far too dazzling for me..." which was incredibly touching to me.

Zero/Belka is free of innuendo, if that's not your style, and you learn a little of their past/parentage and see a very sad - but endearing - side of Belka.

If neither of these are satisfactory, I can go on about Zero supports all day and offer more suggestions. :p

I've read both but...

I dislike Camilla and she will probably never really love Zero.

With Belka, it feels more like a friendship; the support is good though.

Crap, without realizing it, I noticed I did read a lot of Zero supports but none really satisfied me from a romance standpoint... :( I just want him to have a good waifu that is not a Mary Sue/Marty Stu.

Zero/Camilla and Zero/Belka were my suggestions too and if you didn't like those than I can't say I was impressed by his others. Mozume's imo the next best but he still starts out being pretty mean to her. At least he did something nice later on in the support though, but I'm looking through my notes for all the romantic supports I've read and it's telling me most of Zero's romantic supports are kinda disappointing.

For what it's worth Mozume DOES give him Bowman, which I'm sure he'd be thrilled to have. She does have better supports than his, though.

You could always "marry" him to Leon. Or Tsubaki. Zero generally is better with dudes.

I wonder how localization is going to handle Asama/Kagerou. Last time they cut out all of Cordelia's boob jokes (thank god) but at least those are just interspersed in bits in supports with otherwise different content, but this support, this is entirely boobs, geez.

Knew it was gonna be shit when I tried to google translate it a while back. At least google translate is not wrong.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I've read Zero/Mozume and it was good enough! ... if only she didn't look so young ._.

I'm kind of disappointed no girl tries to explore his character and problems like some boys try to explore Pieri's problems.

I also am on the minority that Zero looks good with both boys and girls lol.

I sort of crackship him with Ashura. I could see him jokingly call him "Daddy".

I also am on the minority that Zero looks good with both boys and girls lol.

What I meant there is I think his male supports are generally better haha

ZeroBaki has a decent pixiv following, if anything. There's almost 1 page.

What I meant there is I think his male supports are generally better haha

ZeroBaki has a decent pixiv following, if anything. There's almost 1 page.

Zero/Harold is the only Harold ship that isn't Harold/Effie that I can deal with after all, lol!

Zero/Tsubaki; I should definitely look onto that pixiv tag, they are a funny duo.

Zero/Harold is the only Harold ship that isn't Harold/Effie that I can deal with after all, lol!

Zero/Tsubaki; I should definitely look onto that pixiv tag, they are a funny duo.

Harold/Aqua is IMO pretty nice, if you're looking for alternatives options and haven't written it off yet. Has backstory and shit.

ZeroBaki is great.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I did read Harold/Aqua and it was good, unlike many other supports (Harold/Camilla euuuuggghh) but I can't part with Harold/Effie. I've been shipping it as soon as I discovered they were both Elise's caretakers! I was also very afraid their support would be crap XD