Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

A brief summary of Grey/Sophie, because it's actually pretty good. Or, I think so, at least.

Grey thanks Sophie for something that she’s forgotten about, which was when the two of them were delivering some goods and got ambushed. They managed to fight the enemies off, and there’s a brief discussion about having a hard time calming down the horses in the aftermath, particularly Abel who was very riled up. Sophie lets out a nervous laugh, and compliments Grey on sounding really cool and calm, which he accepts. Later on he runs into the kitchen which is now coated with flour after hearing a strange noise. Turns out Sophie was trying to cook, mixed up the proportions of water and flour, and covered the room with flour. And there was an open flame, which caused a small explosion. He laughs about it, and offers to help her clean up. So they’re done quickly, Sophie compliments Grey again about being really calm. But now he says that she only sees him that way because she gets flustered easily, comparing her to the one person in the play’s audience who’d be crying openly while everyone else watches silently. Sophie doesn’t appreciate the comparison, but he’s still laughing about it a little. Even more later on Sophie comes up to thank Grey. It’s not about the help with cleaning up, but she explains that she was caught in the middle of the enemy’s army earlier, which Grey panics about briefly, asking if she’s all right. She says she’s fine, but explains that she remembered him and his words to keep herself from panicking so she could get out uninjured. Grey is relieved, and tells her not to thank him because that was all her, he didn’t do anything. But she insists anyway. And aaahhh i at least have to properly translate the first half of their s-support:

Grey: *panting*...!! Sophie!! Are you all right!?

Sophie: G-Grey..! I... I’m...!!

Grey: It’s fine, they’re gone. There’s nothing to worry about.

Sophie: B-but, I haven’t been surrounded by that many enemies before...! I didn’t know what to do...!

Grey: Calm down, the enemy team’s already passed us. They’ll be wiped out soon, we’ll win this fight. So don’t be scared. Last time, you remembered me and could calm down, right? Well I’m here now... so don’t worry...

Sophie: I- I... I’m not strong like that...! Okay, maybe that somehow worked last time, but...! I’m just a clumsy girl who does nothing but attract trouble... I just panic all the time, I’m useless...!!

Grey: Sophie............ Fine, all right then.

Sophie: Eh... Grey? Ah...! You’re hugging me... um...

Grey: From now on I’ll stay near you and continue protecting you... so stay calm and don’t be afraid anymore.

After this, there's just 4 more (Kanna/Sophie, Lutz/Mitama, Setsuna/Tsukuyomi, Hisame/Matoi) before I can post the rest of the summaries!

?!? oh my gosh this is

actually pretty cute

Like I love Sophie (I don't care for Silas) which I always thought was a bit strange since she's a more "uninteresting" version of Cynthia (I love her nonetheless.) And this is actually stupidly cute. I don't care for Gurei too much but omfg.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some discussion questions I've got for determining my pairings...

Does Setsuna have any particular chemistry with anyone? And does Jakob treat any of his potential brides okay?

Setsuna and Asama or Harold isnt bad

Jakob's good with Aqua and decent with the other royal sisters except Cam. Elfie's not bad as well.

^You might also want to try her with Nishiki. I thought they had a pretty natural chemistry, and they work well together as equals. I really enjoyed how Setsuna picked up on his emotions in her S, since she's usually portrayed as way too spacey for that. Nothing too amazing in their supports, but they still make a good pair, and my favorite for Setsuna aside from Harold.

I was so sure I was going to have Corrin marry Camilla in my first playthrough, but in addition to what I've heard about the supports, hearing her voice has started to change my mind quite a bit. Starting to consider Camilla!Velouria or Mozu!Nina as possibilities. Are their supports pretty well done?

I sometimes get a bit put-off by the idea of marrying the Avatar to 2nd-gen units though, in which case I feel like I'll end up with Flora, Selena, or Peri (mainly just because I find the last one's dialogue hilarious)

FWIW, my Corrin will likely be +Spd/-Lck with Samurai as a secondary. I care more about the supports for this playthrough though than trying to have perfect stat/skill matchups.

^^ Setsuna's support with Kaze is also quite good. It's got a cute S-support, and C-A are solid, with them at first trying to train her to be a ninja, then realizing that it's best for her to be herself. Nice little bit of development for them both there.

Jakob's also not too much of an ass to Kagero. They end up bonding over painting, which is nice. Nothing amazing, but it's top tier compared to the rest of his supports.

I was so sure I was going to have Corrin marry Camilla in my first playthrough, but in addition to what I've heard about the supports, hearing her voice has started to change my mind quite a bit. Starting to consider Camilla!Velouria or Mozu!Nina as possibilities. Are their supports pretty well done?

I sometimes get a bit put-off by the idea of marrying the Avatar to 2nd-gen units though, in which case I feel like I'll end up with Flora, Selena, or Peri (mainly just because I find the last one's dialogue hilarious)

FWIW, my Corrin will likely be +Spd/-Lck with Samurai as a secondary. I care more about the supports for this playthrough though than trying to have perfect stat/skill matchups.

Mamui's supports with Nina aren't that great. I haven't checked Velouria yet.

Edited by Abvora

Hey, just a question about marriage and children - so I started playing Birthright (I'm just about to do chapter 15), and I wasn't sure at first who I wanted to marry my female avatar to. I ended up going with Silas, but before I got them to S support, I got Kaze and Setsuna to S support with each other to get a Setsuna!Midori. Now that Silas and F!avatar are married, Kanna and Sophie's paralogues have appeared, but I don't see Midori's. The only thing I can think of is that maybe because I married them before the avatar, I just can't get Midori in this playthrough. Am I screwed? If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks!

Hey, just a question about marriage and children - so I started playing Birthright (I'm just about to do chapter 15), and I wasn't sure at first who I wanted to marry my female avatar to. I ended up going with Silas, but before I got them to S support, I got Kaze and Setsuna to S support with each other to get a Setsuna!Midori. Now that Silas and F!avatar are married, Kanna and Sophie's paralogues have appeared, but I don't see Midori's. The only thing I can think of is that maybe because I married them before the avatar, I just can't get Midori in this playthrough. Am I screwed? If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks!

Midori's paralogue is only unlocked after Chapter 15 in Birthright.

Hey there!

I don't know if this is answered in the 100 pages of this topic, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

From what I'm seeing online, if you have a male avatar you risk losing one of the kids due to there not being enough spouses to go around. I'm trying to make sense of this going through the 'characters' section of the site, the links on the first page of this post....and the numbers don't seem to be a problem? I don't know if this is just rumor or my math is off or I'm missing something else entirely. Could someone clarify/explain this to me, as I'd like my head to stop hurting lol. Thanks!

Hey there!

I don't know if this is answered in the 100 pages of this topic, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

From what I'm seeing online, if you have a male avatar you risk losing one of the kids due to there not being enough spouses to go around. I'm trying to make sense of this going through the 'characters' section of the site, the links on the first page of this post....and the numbers don't seem to be a problem? I don't know if this is just rumor or my math is off or I'm missing something else entirely. Could someone clarify/explain this to me, as I'd like my head to stop hurting lol. Thanks!

[spoiler=List of Characters]

Neutral

1 Jakob 2 Kaze 3 Silas

1 Felicia 2 Azura 3 Mozu

Hoshidan

1 Subaki 2 Saizo 3 Azama 4 Hayato 5 Hinata 6 Takumi 7 Kaden 8 Ryoma

1 Rinkah 2 Sakura 3 Hana 4 Orochi 5 Hinoka 6 Setsuna 7 Oboro 8 Kagero

Nohrian

1 Arthur 2 Niles 3 Odin 4 Lazlow 5 Benny 6 Leo 7 Keaton 8 Xander

1 Elise 2 Effie 3 Nyx 4 Camilla 5 Selena 6 Beruka 7 Peri 8 Charlotte

There are 8/9 Corrin only Gunter, Shura, Flora, Reina, Scarlet, Yukimura, Izana, Fuga and DLC Anna

Edited by Frozenkappa

Yep, across all playthroughs just like the support log in Awakening. And just like the one in Awakening, characters with variable appearances will have the appearance of the last file you played.

I'm currently playing as female Kamui, but if I were to play as male Kamui, is there an option to toggle gender?

So, now that most of my pairings are done, I'm left with the final decision: when playing as M!Corrin AND not marrying a child... Which child should I "sacrifice"?

My list is short and only has two names: Midoriko and Dwyer. I couldn't care less about Midoriko design-wise but she seems like a monster according to a lot of people, and Dwyer is funny looking yet seems a bit underwhelming.

Also, in any case, my leftover female character is Felicia and there's no negociation to be done. So, who between Kaze and Jakob should have the burden honor to marry the annoying cute maid? I'm really looking for advice/opinions at that point!

So, now that most of my pairings are done, I'm left with the final decision: when playing as M!Corrin AND not marrying a child... Which child should I "sacrifice"?

My list is short and only has two names: Midoriko and Dwyer. I couldn't care less about Midoriko design-wise but she seems like a monster according to a lot of people, and Dwyer is funny looking yet seems a bit underwhelming.

Also, in any case, my leftover female character is Felicia and there's no negociation to be done. So, who between Kaze and Jakob should have the burden honor to marry the annoying cute maid? I'm really looking for advice/opinions at that point!

Well let's see:

Kaze: Corrin tells me you've been having a hard time. Allow me to help. Let's get married.

Jakob: Your tea is awful and you should feel terrible. Let's get married.

As I don't actively dislike Felicia, my vote goes to sacrificing the stoner.

Well let's see:

Kaze: Corrin tells me you've been having a hard time. Allow me to help. Let's get married.

Jakob: Your tea is awful and you should feel terrible. Let's get married.

As I don't actively dislike Felicia, my vote goes to sacrificing the stoner.

I already knew their support conversations, but... These summaries make them all better. :')

Well, I do actively dislike her, because she's so gimmickely clumsy (like Sumia²) it just ends up being annoying. (Also her voice, dear god, her voice.) But she's here and she has to bring a child to life. xD

I just read countless analysis about these kids, and I guess I should follow your advice. Dwyer really seems "low-tier" (contrary to what I thought about him when seeing his amazing Cipher card), and Midoriko WILL be helpful (also she's a cutie pie, from what I heard).

Then it's settled, the butler is gonna stay alone \o/ (Also, yeah, his voice is just WTF, he just seems high all the time.)