Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

After I decided to give a better pairing to Azama, that sparked some movement of most of the mothers to different partners. So here are my new and (hopefully) improved pairings:

M Corrin/Caeldori

Kaze/Azura

Jakob/Felicia

Silas/Mozu

Ryoma/Rinkah

Takumi/Oboro

Saizo/Sakura

Kaden/Setsuna

Hinata/Hana

Azama/Kagero

Subaki/Hinoka

Hayato/Orochi

As always, your thoughts are appreciated.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrin/Caeldori - great taste.

Kaze/Azura - Midori likes Luck +4 for further abuse of Proftieer.

Jakob/Felicia - not that good except if doing it to get Hero to Jakob for some reason.

Silas/Mozu. Should be okay for Mozu, and Sophie (like most kids) likes Aptitude.

Ryoma/Rinkah - excellent.

Takumi/Oboro - okay; not the best pairing and some redundancies, but not a bad one. Hana does really well here.

Saizo/Sakura - hybird Asgui, right?

Kaden/Setsuna - I'd be a bit worried about too low STR here, but they do get crazy speed.

Hinata/Hana - Death Blow on crit classes is nice, although a bit awkward to learn.

Subaki/Hinoka - excellent pairing. Note that if going phys/mag hybrid Sakura may be a good option for Caeldori - but if going physical Caeldori, this is an excellent pairing that gives her lots of stats and Dragon Vein.

Jakob/Felicia - not that good except if doing it to get Hero to Jakob for some reason.

Takumi/Oboro - okay; not the best pairing and some redundancies, but not a bad one. Hana does really well here.

Kaden/Setsuna - I'd be a bit worried about too low STR here, but they do get crazy speed.

I was low on options for these ones, since they were the last three (besides Corrin, who I always did last). So their pairings weren't as good as the others.

Hey, I need some help with my Pairings for Revelations. This Playthrough I want to optimise for PvP purposes so i'm going to buy skills from other castles if need by. So the maing goals are good classes and good mods.

I am playing as a male MU with +mag -luck marrying Elise!Ophelia for a Witch Kana with extreme magic. I also want to go for a 100% Miracle Midori so Kaze is going to marry Mozu and Midori is going to pair up with Charlotte!Siegbert. Those two pairs are kinda seet in stone.

Here are my pairings:

Elise!Ophelia x Corrin

Ohelia!Kana

Camilla!Shiro x Selena!Caeldori (I kinda like this pairing. They are so cute together. Probably going with double Spear Fighter and some sort of Nohrian Trust Build)

Azura!Kiragi (The mods are quite good, giving him a lot of skill as well as strengh as speed. I think he will be a good Kinshi Knight)

Takumi!Shigure (Similar to Kiragi. He's going to be either another Kinshi Knight or a rallybot)

Mozu!Miori x Charlotte!Siegbert (Miracle Midori as said above)

Oboro!Selkie (looks a little bit odd but I like the speed and strength she gives her and I feel she is going to be a fun Dodgetank with all Breaker Skills.

Hinoka!Sophie (Did this on my first Playthrough of Birthright. Gives her a lot of good classes and ok mods)

Sakura!Forrest (I heard this one is the standard pairing. Can't go wrong with it, right)

Peri!Soleil (the supports are really good and She also gets a good class with cavalier)

On the rest I'm not entirely sure:

Beruka!Ignatius

Effie!Percy

Nyx!Nina (Hybrid/Sorcerer Nina)

Hana!Velouria

Orochi!Rhajat

Kagero!Mitama (Gives her Ninja and alot of strengh that she needs)

Setsuna!Hisame

Which leaves me with Asugi and Dwyer and Rinka and Felicia as mothers... Which is bad. Any ideas what i should switch around. I think I could swap Orochi with Felicia but I have no idea what to do with Dwyer. I would like to hear some tipps from you what to do with those two but also if my other pairings are goood or not.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Loocarioh said:

Charlotte, Hana, Effie, Kagero, and Camilla are all good mothers for physical attack.

That's good. I was thiking about Effie, and K-Ninja. I  was originally going to go with Hana on my very first Fates play through, but her supports killed that. Charlotte, and Camilla both are very bleh for me.

Hi guys, so I'm planning the pairings for my new set of runs (all three routes) and I want to know what your favourite pairings are. Not for stats or gameplay! Just to do with plot and conversations. List me your ships!!

So, I finally started fates with a fem!Corrin and I'm trying to understand how the growth system works and all... and I have a question. I'm currently running birthright with only two couples so far, Takumi with Azura and Ryoma with Mozu, and while I don't really aim to perfection (it's me messing around right now) I want to start to learn how to make decent kids and I wanted to ask... what skills should I pass down to Takumi!Shigure, Azura!Kiragi and Mozu!Shiro? So I can start messing around and see also how reclassing and everything works?

32 minutes ago, EmotiveZero said:

I have a question about Orochi!Soleil and Kagero!Ophelia, what would be a good class to end them in and what skills should they have?

Orochi!Soleil and Kagero!Ophelia are not the best if you plan to keep them as their original classes(Mercenary and Dark Mage respectively).  You change second seal them and it will work just fine.  My recommendations are turning Soleil into a Basura and Ophelia is okay as any of her classes except Sorcerer.  As for skills, Kagero can pass down lethality which paired with Ophelia's amazing crit stat and if you are willing to second seal Odin for a but of time into a swordmaster, you can get her with Astra too, which is a nice combo.  As for Orochi, I had her pass Rend Heaven down to Soleil and I second sealed Laslow into a Great Ninja to get lethality on Soleil or simply passing down Sol works just as well.

52 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Orochi!Soleil and Kagero!Ophelia are not the best if you plan to keep them as their original classes(Mercenary and Dark Mage respectively).  You change second seal them and it will work just fine.  My recommendations are turning Soleil into a Basura and Ophelia is okay as any of her classes except Sorcerer.  As for skills, Kagero can pass down lethality which paired with Ophelia's amazing crit stat and if you are willing to second seal Odin for a but of time into a swordmaster, you can get her with Astra too, which is a nice combo.  As for Orochi, I had her pass Rend Heaven down to Soleil and I second sealed Laslow into a Great Ninja to get lethality on Soleil or simply passing down Sol works just as well.

Great, so would they be any good for pvp, and should I make Rinkah or Mozu Ignatius moms?

Also is Setsuna!Dwyer any good?

Edited by EmotiveZero

39 minutes ago, EmotiveZero said:

Great, so would they be any good for pvp, and should I make Rinkah or Mozu Ignatius moms?

Also is Setsuna!Dwyer any good?

I never truly used Mozu because I had my female avatar so she was kind of left out.  I did use Rinkah as Ignatius' mother so I personally favor Rinkah.  This makes Ignatius a power house can really take a hit, but his resistance is pretty low.  I know I passed down Salvage blow to Ignatius making it so when he Killed a unit(depending on luck) he got another weapon, which really helps when you are trying to get funds.  Counter is another good skill to pass down to Ignatius from Rinkah.  With Mozu you could get Aptitude or Profiteer, depending on what you wanted, which is pretty good.  Either choice is a good one in my opinion.  Setsuna Dwyer is a really good unit, IMO.  I would take the Butler route or second sealing him into an archer, because a strategist would just be waste of Setsuna's strength.  As for skills passed down, I would master seal Setsuna into a Kinshi Knight long enough to get Amaterasu, which will heal 20% HP of the surrounding units.  If Dwyer is used as a butler, this helps maximize his usefulness and if not, it just helps out in the middle of battle.  Bonus, the support between Jakob and Setsuna is hilarious and is, IMO, one of the funniest ones.  I hope this helped!!

8 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I never truly used Mozu because I had my female avatar so she was kind of left out.  I did use Rinkah as Ignatius' mother so I personally favor Rinkah.  This makes Ignatius a power house can really take a hit, but his resistance is pretty low.  I know I passed down Salvage blow to Ignatius making it so when he Killed a unit(depending on luck) he got another weapon, which really helps when you are trying to get funds.  Counter is another good skill to pass down to Ignatius from Rinkah.  With Mozu you could get Aptitude or Profiteer, depending on what you wanted, which is pretty good.  Either choice is a good one in my opinion.  Setsuna Dwyer is a really good unit, IMO.  I would take the Butler route or second sealing him into an archer, because a strategist would just be waste of Setsuna's strength.  As for skills passed down, I would master seal Setsuna into a Kinshi Knight long enough to get Amaterasu, which will heal 20% HP of the surrounding units.  If Dwyer is used as a butler, this helps maximize his usefulness and if not, it just helps out in the middle of battle.  Bonus, the support between Jakob and Setsuna is hilarious and is, IMO, one of the funniest ones.  I hope this helped!!

Thax m8! Also would all the pairings be good for pvp?

On 2/5/2017 at 4:37 PM, Anime27Arts said:

I would take the Butler route or second sealing him into an archer, because a strategist would just be waste of Setsuna's strength. 

I like S-rank support between Dwyer and Mitama to make him a Great Priest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2017 at 11:21 PM, Rydia said:

So, I finally started fates with a fem!Corrin and I'm trying to understand how the growth system works and all... and I have a question. I'm currently running birthright with only two couples so far, Takumi with Azura and Ryoma with Mozu, and while I don't really aim to perfection (it's me messing around right now) I want to start to learn how to make decent kids and I wanted to ask... what skills should I pass down to Takumi!Shigure, Azura!Kiragi and Mozu!Shiro? So I can start messing around and see also how reclassing and everything works?

Okay, first off: I am so sorry you had to wait so long for a response to this. Hoo boy.

Anyway! I'll start with Kiragi. Azura's secondary class is Sky Knight, so you've got your Rally Speed and your Warding Blow if you make her a Falcon Knight (don't bother with the Kinshi Knight, since Kiragi can promote to that anyway). Foreign Princess might be useful on Birthright and Conquest runs, but it only really gives you an advantage of 2 damage, so your mileage may vary there.

For Shigure, the Sniper class offers Certain Blow, which gives a decent boost to your hit rate; reclassing Takumi to Basara gets you Rend Heaven, which is always awesome.

Now, Shiro. As a Villager, Mozu automatically has access to Aptitude and Underdog. Unless you're getting the kid units very early in the game (which I personally don't recommend tbh; they come out higher-level if you hold off until chapter 18 or so), Underdog's not much use, but Aptitude adds 10% to all growth rates during level ups, so that's pretty jazzy. Her secondary class is Archer, which gets you the aforementioned Certain Blow, and also Amaterasu (a personal favourite of mine, which allows all allies in a 2-tile radius to recover 20% HP at the start of each turn).

Haha, sorry for the novella there ^^; hope this helps (and that I haven't missed anything obvious)!

EDIT: As it happens, I did miss something obvious: namely, A+ supports. The class sets for A+ supports don't get passed down to the kids, obviously, but the parents can still pass down skills from them, so.

By having Azura A+ support Sakura, she gains access to the Priestess class and the skills Renewal (which would allow Kiragi to recover a decent amount of HP at the start of each turn) and Countermagic (where, for any amount of magical damage taken, the same amount is dealt back to the enemy who inflicted it). Having Takumi A+ support Ryouma or Hinata gives him access to Astra (another excellent one). Mozu's only A+ support on Birthright is Oboro, but she has access to Rend Heaven, so there's that.

Edited by Mori-no-Majou

On 6/24/2015 at 6:52 AM, Belmont said:

That doesnt matter, in fact it makes it worse.

Hide contents

I dont care about the Nohr kids, they're weirdos anyway. But why, WHY would the people who grew up believing you were their flesh and blood, one of them dedicating her life to combat for your sake, why would they suddenly think: "Oh, since we dont share blood, wanna bang?" It's retarded and offensive. BTW big shoutouts for that brilliant piece of story telling, great new writer my ass

Oh, great to see the retardedness known as marrying the children is back.

Seriously any chance of me taking this game even remotely serious just went out the window. All thats left is to see if the gameplay is actually any good, because if it's not FE is dead to me, because unlike many people on the forums I cant bring myself to play the older games while knowing the current instalments are garbage.

I can live with the children characters and I would gladly bottom for Zero, but using the plot of a D-List hentai to justify supports is just unforgivable.

Holy crap.

What an overreaction.

Hey! 

So, I'm having Nishiki marry Azura for Ninetails Shigure.

But I wanted to ask if that would be good for a Great Lord!Selkie? I was planning to give her Foreign Princess, Astra, Better Odds, Duelist's Blow, and Awakening? I've never actually used Selkie before, so I wanted to get a second opinion before I make any concrete choices.

So, some time ago I finally decided to put some work into the pairings of Revelation (and to grap a headache along the way), I paired everyone, but I really don't know who's the best mother for a female Kana. Stat wise of course. So yeah, a third generation Kana.
Some say that a Mag one is better, some say that a Str is better. And then ther's Anna in the equation. I really don't know what to do.

For reference, here's the list of all my pairings, in a spoiler.

Azura/Takumi
Keaton/Camilla
Hana/Kaden.
Leo/Sakura
Elise/Odin
Xander/Charlotte.
Ryouma/Rinkah
Kaze/Effie
Silas/Selena
Jakob/Setsuna.
Hayato/Nyx
Laslow/Peri
Saizo/Orochi
Benny/Beruka
Niles/Mozu
Subaki/Oboro
Azama/Felicia
Arthur/Kagero.

It's kind of weird how much some of them are screwed compared to other.
Soleil was a big good surprise, which is hilarious when I see how lackluster her parent were to me. Velouria is a freaking wall, same with Ignatius. Midori is virtually Kagerou without you-know-what, Kiragi is surpassing his dada.
Hisame Caeldori, Siegbert, Sophie were such a disapointment. Maybe I was RNG screwed. Shiro just had the curse of having a better father.

But yeah, could you help me finding the best mother for Kana as well as determining if I should pick Sr or Mag, if you don't mind, please ? From what I remember, my boon is magic and my bane is luck. I think. I'm not sure and that might be my memory playing trick on me.

Edited by B.Leu

• 1 month later...

Ah.. I realized I might have messed up a few of my pairings now that I'm actually doing some research. I wish I had done Elise/Odin for a blonde Ophelia, and Hayato/Nyx for black-haired Tharj--I mean Rhajat, but Sakura/Hayato is okay I guess. Mostly sad about that as well as Azura/Leo (oops) and I'm not really sure how to save Shigure? Please help. 

5 hours ago, Meiko said:

Ah.. I realized I might have messed up a few of my pairings now that I'm actually doing some research. I wish I had done Elise/Odin for a blonde Ophelia, and Hayato/Nyx for black-haired Tharj--I mean Rhajat, but Sakura/Hayato is okay I guess. Mostly sad about that as well as Azura/Leo (oops) and I'm not really sure how to save Shigure? Please help. 

Have you try this pairs:

Jacob x Azura : Shigure will get wyvern line class and Dwyer pegasus line.

Lazlow x Azura: Shigure will get merc line  and Soleil pegasus line.