Topic of Marriage, Supports, and Children.

UnknownUber

I'm about to start a new Revelations game, but I want to prioritise helping my two favourite children: Mitama and Nina. 

I was thinking of Effie!Mitama and then making her a dread fighter, as I wanted to try Oboro!Caledori as a great lord this playthrough (unless Effie!Mitama makes a better great lord)?

For Nina, I'm not sure what boon/bane would be best to mother her with female Corrin and what secondary class would give her the most options (thinking Archer for sniper if physical, perhaps Diviner for Onymagi if magical but then Nyx could do that).

I would appreciate any help or advice on how to create a great Nina and Mitama!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/18/2019 at 6:01 PM, aftereight said:

I'm about to start a new Revelations game, but I want to prioritize helping my two favorite children: Mitama and Nina. 

I was thinking of Effie!Mitama and then making her a dread fighter, as I wanted to try Oboro!Caledori as a great lord this playthrough (unless Effie!Mitama makes a better great lord)?

For Nina, I'm not sure what boon/bane would be best to mother her with female Corrin and what secondary class would give her the most options (thinking Archer for sniper if physical, perhaps Diviner for Onymagi if magical but then Nyx could do that).

I would appreciate any help or advice on how to create a great Nina and Mitama!

You can't go wrong with Effie!Mitama, as long as she is in a physical class. I will say that Great Lord has better growth-rates for Effie!Mitama but there is nothing wrong with making her a Dread Fighter so you could run Oboro!Caledori with Great Lord (to make "Lucina") if that's what you want.

Careful with Nina though as Corrin doesn't pass down her secondary class to her any other children but Kana since she will pass down her Noble classes to them instead.

As for Boon, you have +Speed (for any general purpose, can be magical or physical), or +Magic (for a more magic focused). Bane would probably be -Luck (unless you are willing to tolerate -Defense)

Unless you are looking at it from a skill inheritance perspective, then both Archer and Diviner should have decent skills to pass down (mainly Certain Strike/Bowfaire for Archer and Tomefaire/Flamboyant for Diviner.)

So you could look to her friendship classes or her marriage ones for more options, although most of them are geared towards preferring a physical pairing. (with Foleo being the only magical class spouse for her.) Standouts would probably be Asugi for the ninja class and Siegbert for a personal skill-stack although it's very limited.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure if this would be the right topic to post this, and I'm not sure if this is already known (nor do I think this is still relevant considering the game is 4 years old lmfao) but I think I just found out something useful and kinda cool.

If you already unlocked an S-support between 2 units, but haven't completed the child-paralogue yet, you can change up the skills you pass down.

For example, I had Azura and Ryoma S-support each other and Ryoma was at level 4 Swordmaster, just 1 level short of learning Astra and passing it down to Shiro and Shigure. I opened up Shiro's paralogue and he didn't have Astra of course, so I exited and did Shigure's instead. I had Ryoma gain a level while doing Shigure's paralogue so that he could learn Astra, and afterwards, both Shigure and Shiro ended up inheriting Astra.

Just thought it was kinda cool LOL

• 10 months later...

I am almost done with my 1st Revelation file with an M!Corrin in which these are the pairings I did...

M!Corrin/Azura
Felicia/Jakob
Rinkah/Benny
Kaze/Mozu (Since Mozu looks like a slightly older Midori)
Sakura/Hayato
Hana/Subaki
Silas/Elise
Saizo/Setsuna
Orochi/Azama
Hinoka/Leo
Oboro/Takumi
Hinata (Alone, apparently pairing Corrin with Azura throws things off as I didn't realize)
Kagero/Ryoma
Kaden/Peri
Arthur/Effie
Odin/Nyx
Niles/Camilla
Selena/Laslow
Beruka/Keaton
Charlotte/Xander
F!Kana/Kiragi
Shigure/Mitama
Dwyer/Rhajat
Sophie/Ignatius
Midori/Percy
Shiro/Selkie
Asugi/Caeldori
Hisame (Non-Existent)
Siegbert/Velouria
Forest/Nina
Ophelia & Soleil (Single)

In my upcoming F!Corrin Revelation playthrough I vowed not to make the same mistakes that I did on my 1st run and make sure I get all the child units this time. But as of right now these are the only pairings I am feeling pretty set on...

Hayato/Nyx
Selena/Subaki
Kaze/Kagero
Hinata/Sakura
Kaden/Hinoka (Since Selkie, Peri & Hinoka are all voiced by E.G Daily)
Camilla/Keaton
F!Corrin/Silas
Asugi/Rhajat

But here are some I'm not 100% certain on such as...

Odin/Azura or Odin/Orochi (since Ophelia's Paralogue stage is very Hoshindan-styled)
Saizo/Rinkah or Saizo/Beruka (for Asugi's grey theme)
Arthur/Felicia or Arthur/Setsuna
Ryoma/Hana or Ryoma/Oboro
Takumi/Elise or Takumi/Setsuna
Effie/Benny or Effie/Azama
Niles/Peri or Niles/Beruka

And more though as for the 2nd Gens I am thinking of keeping the Kana single this time in order to not mess up the order on the other 2nd Gen units much like in Awakening. So in other words aside from Hayato/Nyx, Selena/Subaki, Kaze/Kagero, Hinata/Sakura, Kaden/Hinoka, Camilla/Keaton, F!Corrin/Silas and Asugi/Rhajat I am still on the fence on who to pair next time.

On 10/17/2021 at 8:44 PM, Pokejedservo said:

Odin/Azura or Odin/Orochi (since Ophelia's Paralogue stage is very Hoshindan-styled)
Saizo/Rinkah or Saizo/Beruka (for Asugi's grey theme)
Arthur/Felicia or Arthur/Setsuna
Ryoma/Hana or Ryoma/Oboro
Takumi/Elise or Takumi/Setsuna
Effie/Benny or Effie/Azama
Niles/Peri or Niles/Beruka

I spent FAR too long typing up my response, but of these pairings, I'd recommend:

Odin/Orochi - Ophelia carries on the "O" themed naming and gets a MASSIVE Skill boost to her reservoir. This also clears Orochi up to Friendship Seal Rinkah and pass down something like Death Blow (or Counter I guess) to Ophelia. Sure, the hit in Speed sucks, but marry Ophelia to Ignatius and use Wary Fighter, and you've got a relative fix. (Wary Fighter + Counter + Nosferatu would be a deadly combo, but Nosferatu doesn't allow for crits, so Ophelia's skill in this situation would be misused.)  Also Azura/Laslow is the only way to go.

Saizo/Beruka is a favorite of mine personally (although I'm more likely to pair Saizo with Felicia), but it all depends on you. I think Saizo/Beruka gives Asugi a solid chance at being a Dread Fighter if you want to go that route (since he has access to all the Faires needed if you pass down Axefaire via Beruka), do great chip damage with Poison Strike + Trample, or possibly be a viable Malig Knight, if he can gain access to Tomefaire from Mitama/Selkie/Rhajat.

Ryoma/Hana - I like the brown hair Shiro, and Renewal is a personal favorite skill of mine. Shiro benefits doubly from this, as the Great Master class still gives him access to lances, so he doesn't have to start from zero in order to grind for skills. That being said, I AM a fan of bluenette Shiro, if you reclass him to Hero (via Friendship Seal with Mercenary!M!Kana - which isn't recommended if you're romancing Silas) or Vanguard (via DLC). He looks like Ike! Now if only it wasn't Oboro who passed that hair on...

Arthur/Setsuna - I prefer Arthur/Kagero (Kagero can use the +5HP, while Arthur can use a boost to his Skill, although his Luck will still suffer) and think they're a cute couple. Arthur/Mozu works too, but Mozu has cute ships with a lot of characters.

Takumi/Elise - I...wouldn't do this personally, but I guess it's better than nothing? I don't think Kiragi really needs anything Setsuna passes down, and Elise passes down worse stuff IIRC, but if those are the choices, and Setsuna is taken...

Effie/Azama - Mitama is a BEAST, and can have access to a wide range of skills, depending on what her parents pass down. You want to go the Hero route? Have Effie pass down Vantage or Swordfaire, and have Azama pass down Axefaire. (Or better yet, marry Mitama to Hisame and have Effie pass down Tomefaire breaker if you're willing to grind for it. I personally don't do this because that's FAR too big of a struggle for me, and I ship Mitama and Shigure. ARTISTS UNITE!!) Marry her to Kiragi and make her one of the strongest archers in the game physically. Although that's not necessary since Takumi has that position locked down. Or you can turn her into a great and durable Berserker. 

Niles/Peri I guess. I always do Niles/Setsuna, since it gives Nina and Niles natural access to Bowfaire (and I think the parents have a pretty amusing support convo) and puts Nina in a position to use Bowbreaker from the Sorcerer class without erasing her bow skills; but Peri seems like a solid choice. She bolsters many of Niles' strengths, and provides, and can pass down a wide variety of skills, depending on who she supports.

Ultimately, I think the pairings should support the builds you want. 

(Also, just some more personal experience notes:

Hinoka really wants Silas or Xander. Those pairings, along with a Friendship Seal with Camilla, grant her access to pretty much every mounted class she could want in the game, and a lot of flexibility with her builds. Meanwhile, Sophie really benefits from Hinoka as a mother - Hinoka can pass down Trample or Lancefaire (especially Lancefaire) and Silas/Xander can pass down Swordfaire if Sophie won't be paired with Hisame or doesn't have Hana as a mother, gains nicely balanced stats, and has cute red hair. Oboro also works for the Lancefaire/Swordfaire inheritance though, and Sophie can always gain access to the Wyvern Rider class and skills via S-Supporting Percy. Axefaire can be gained by going Friendship Sealing her with Velouria IIRC, too, if you wanted to make her a Great Knight will the three necessary Faires. OR if you want her to be a Bow Knight, Hinoka can instead pass down Bowfaire...or, you know, pass down Trample, and then marry Sophie to Kiragi...long story short, Hinoka!Sophie can be pretty much anything you want her to be.

Kaze/Elise is a surprisingly viable combination. Kaze doesn't benefit, but Elise is one of two mothers that gives Midori a net 0 for Luck, something very hard to do. She even gives Midori higher Luck growths than Mozu! Kaze also gives Elise access to Shurikenfaire, which she can make great use of as a Maid.  It's not as mutually beneficial as Felicia/Saizo or Jakob/Kagero, but it works. The problem is that Midori becomes a pretty ineffective combat unit as a downside, and Elise is frankly a better mother to more magical units like Ophelia and occasionally Kana or Nina. (Elise!Midori also look like mother and daughter. Midori naturally has a similar eye color to Elise, a similar hairstyle, and the two share similar winking/crying animations; add in the same hair color, and it feels easy to see to me.)

Kaze/Charlotte is also a good combination. Kaze gets access to all Faires necessary for Dread Fighter, while Charlotte gets...nothing of note, really...

Kaze/Peri is ALSO a good combination, balancing out Midori's stats...but Kaze's two good Friendship Seals both give him the Cavalier line, and Peri can gain the Ninja class via Friendship Seal with Kagero, so marrying into each other's class isn't really necessary.

Laslow/Azura is the best for everyone involved. Laslow gains more Speed during Defense Stance while Azura gains more bulk when the two switch, Shigure and Soleil gain access to good Speed and Attack growths and mods, and Soleil gains access to Sky Knight.* Laslow and Shigure can become great Rallybots - along with his own natural Rally ability, Laslow has natural access to Rally Skill, Rally Strength through a Friendship Seal with Keaton, and Rally Speed through his wife (if that's desired). Meanwhile Shigure has his own Rally ability, easier access to Rally Speed through that Child Seal thingy, natural access to Rally Resistance through his inherited maternal class, and Rally Skill through his father's. Pass down Rally Strength (and marry him off to someone like Mitama, who can grant him Rally Luck), and you've got a great, high movement Rallybot. Meanwhile, Laslow can pass down Axefaire to Soleil, giving her a nice boon to the Hero class if you want her to stay there. Azura can pass down something from a Friendship Seal with Sakura like Countermagic or Renewal, or she can pass down something from a Friendship Seal with Elise like Tomebreaker. I personally usually go with Tomebreaker, since Valkyrie's Inspiration goes great with Azura's Songstress and Kinshi Knight skills, but that's just me.

A second option is choosing Priestess for Corrin's ability and then having M!Kana S-Support Soleil for the Priestess abilities. But I think Soleil would prefer the Samurai class personally, and NOT passing down Oni Savage or Wyvern Rider to Kana feels so foreign to me. I've done it, but it's weird. (Although Soleil could survive both Oni Savage and Wyvern Rider if she inherits Axefaire.)

*Soleil does trade in her HP and Defense for Strength, Skill, and Speed though.

While I also ship Subaki/Selena (although I think them being siblings in an AU world fits better), please be aware that Selena will get no classes from Subaki. It's because of how the inheritance works, and it's stupid, but it's the rules. As such, be careful about what you want to do with her. I'd honestly recommend having her Friendship Seal Setsuna, since Bowfaire is usable in both the Bow Knight class and the Kinshi Knight class.)

Edited by Use the Falchion

• 4 weeks later...

Well I did do most of your suggestions except that I went with Xander/Effie (not only to go with Ryoma/Hana but also its due to how I am thinking of pairing Rinkah with Azama since Rinkah is running out of options since I did Rinkah/Benny in my 1st playthrough.)

Anyways I am well into my 2nd playthrough which is a Fem Corrin one (in which I paired her with Silas). But now I noticed that I have 6 eligible males and 7 eligible females. Though I am not too bothered by this since I can still be able to get all the child units this time since the children are tied to the men in this game. However what I am wondering is during the next time I do a playthrough should I pair my Corrin with an Avatar-Sexual in order to make sure all my regular units can be paired? If so then it will be something I would consider for sure.

• 5 months later...

Hi I also have a question about conquest pairings. My F!Avatar has a +Mag/-Luck build and her talent is wyvern rider.

I have most of my pairings figured out except for what to do with Elise, Nyx and F!Corrin. I could pair her up with Jakob and have him unlock Malig Knight early. He is already a Paladin and I’m on chapter 9 with their support already at rank A. But then if I do that then I’ll have to leave out most like Nyx. And I do want to see if I can a good third gen Kana.

I could do Jakob x Elise or Camilla and still get him Malig Knight but that will take longer than if I were to pair him up with the avatar. 

If I were to pair her up with Felicia!Forrest, Kana’s magic stat will be at a ridiculous +8 but his strength will be at a -4 in terms of stat modifiers. So I’m unsure on what to do. Any tips for that would be nice. Thanks