Retro Games available online at Gamestop

Sentacotus

So if you have been around Gamestop.com lately you will have noticed that they are now selling retro titles, consoles, and accessories from the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, and Dreamcast.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/retro-classics

They are not yet selling them in store unfortunately but the prices are pretty similar to amazon and ebay if not slightly more expensive for some titles. Console packages are not too bad although NES, SNES are not in stock.

To be honest it doesn't really save you any money and the prices are not the best. Further adding problems is that other than the consoles they don't detail all you are getting (manual case etc). I was kind of hoping they would move towards having this stuff in store given the surge in popularity in retro titles. While it would take up shelf space I do think it would behoove them in an age of digital downloads to sell retro stuff physically in the store. Moreover being a bigger chain company they can afford to sell these things for much less than mom and pop shops and still profit off it which perplexes me as to why they are not cheaper (yes I know they want to maximize profit but if you're offering the same price as everyone else then there is no incentive to buy your stuff over others).

Anyhow check it out see if you find anything you fancy.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard about this, it's pretty cool! It's just too bad they don't have Stuart Little 2. :( I loved that game! It was the only PS1 game I ever played since I was never really into Playstation and Xbox, but still. I'd buy a PS1 and the game again if I came across them. I'd like to see if I can find a PS1 in the local Second & Charles first though.

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 weeks later...