Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

Faceless Luna tho.

I can't believe people are already able to hack Fates, damn.I hope they will have stuff for power saves to since I updated my 3ds to the point I can't hack.

It's just as easy as Awakening hacking, I'm betting.

I can't wait to do an "impossible" class roll for Fates... although it probably won't be as exciting since everyone can reclass to almost everything.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

It also depends on character's Asset/Flaw trait,max stat.

-Holy Bowman

--Kamui +Magic/-Def :

A rank : 3Str 1Mag 3Skill 4Speed

S rank : 3Str 2Mag 3Skill 5Speed

--Aqua!Shigure/Kisaragi :

A rank : 3Str 5Skill 3Speed

S rank : 3Str 5Skill 4Speed 1Luck

--Pieri!Velour :

A rank : 3Str 3Skill 4Speed 1Def

S rank : 4Str 3Skill 5Speed 1Def

--Takumi :

A rank : 3Str 4Skill 4Speed

S rank : 3Str 5Skill 4Speed 1Def

--Aqua :

A rank : 2Str 4Skill 5Speed

S rank : 2Str 4Skill 6Speed 1Luck

Edited by someone

I am pretty keen to play a Strategist. I was disappointed in Awakening for not having a tome/staff class. My time has come.

There was Valkyrie and Sage.

I dunno if this is where I should ask (not to mention that it might've been answered already) but:
1. Can I, for example, have Odin A+ Zero but have Zero A+ someone else? Can multiple units A+ the same unit?

2. If I A+, say, Tsukuyomi with Nishiki, what added class does Tsukuyomi get if use a buddy seal on him? Does he get anything at all?

EDIT: Saw something on the child inheritance thread that intrigued me as well. Quoting Azz01's post "I would still like to know what happens in the case that the parents share the same base and secondary classes like Zero x Nyx and Arthur x Belka."

Edited by LiquidDefiance

I dunno if this is where I should ask (not to mention that it might've been answered already) but:

1. Can I, for example, have Odin A+ Zero but have Zero A+ someone else? Can multiple units A+ the same unit?

2. If I A+, say, Tsukuyomi with Nishiki, what added class does Tsukuyomi get if use a buddy seal on him? Does he get anything at all?

EDIT: Saw something on the child inheritance thread that intrigued me as well. Quoting Azz01's post "I would still like to know what happens in the case that the parents share the same base and secondary classes like Zero x Nyx and Arthur x Belka."

1.) Yes to the first part, no to the second. A+ supports are not mutually exclusive, but they are limited to 1 per character.

2.) Looking at their class sets on the SF page... No, neither of them would get any classes from one another via buddy seal, iirc.

EDIT: Based on what I have seen in various threads, neither spouse will gain any extra classes in such cases.

Edited by Xeniferos

1.) Yes to the first part, no to the second. A+ supports are not mutually exclusive, but they are limited to 1 per character.

2.) Looking at their class sets on the SF page... No, neither of them would get any classes from one another via buddy seal, iirc.

EDIT: Based on what I have seen in various threads, neither spouse will gain any extra classes in such cases.

So, what you're saying is that if Nishiki A+'d Tsukuyomi he wouldn't get access to Oni?

Wow, I was completely oblivious to that. I've planning everything wrong, apparently, lol >-<

Also, in regards to my edit, it was mostly concerning the children. What would they inherit from their parents?

So, what you're saying is that if Nishiki A+'d Tsukuyomi he wouldn't get access to Oni?

Wow, I was completely oblivious to that. I've planning everything wrong, apparently, lol >-<

Also, in regards to my edit, it was mostly concerning the children. What would they inherit from their parents?

I'm about 90% sure that Nishiki would not get access to Oni.

Children always inherit the additional base class of their mother and the last skill slot on each parent, as far as I know. There are a few exceptions with the kids (Lutz starts with Wyvern instead of Fighter like Arthur, Foleo = Rod Knight instead of Dark Mage, Shigure gets Pegasus Knight from Aqua and Rod Knight randomly, etc) that I'm not certain about, but I can browse a few LP's to see if I can find out how they were handled. Something tells me those kids just get an extra class from their father, but I'm really not sure.

Zero/Nyx is a bit of a bizarre case where Eponine has been reported to get the Spellcaster tree out of the inheritance, in a similar manner to what I've heard happening when whoever marrying Kamui has the latter's Secondary Class Tree as their Base Clase Tree.

Outside that, Belka!Lutz's Class Set is still a mystery that I want it solved just to understand how the Class Inheritance Algorithm works since I learned Jakob/Azura seems to lead towards the awkward situation where Jakob!Shigure doesn't get a Third Class Tree from inheritance.

Edited by AstraSage

Zero/Nyx is a bit of a bizarre case where Eponine has been reported to get the Spellcaster tree out of the inheritance, in a similar manner to what I've heard happening when whoever marrying Kamui has the latter's Secondary Class Tree as their Base Clase Tree.

Outside that, Belka!Lutz's Class Set is still a mystery that I want it solved just to understand how the Class Inheritance Algorithm works since I learned Jakob/Azura seems to lead towards the awkward situation where Jakob!Shigure doesn't get a Third Class Tree from inheritance.

This is... really interesting. So it's not a definite thing, it seems. Or, at least there seem to be really odd cases. Who is the third person on Eponine's status screen, there, Foleo?

This is... really interesting. So it's not a definite thing, it seems. Or, at least there seem to be really odd cases. Who is the third person on Eponine's status screen, there, Foleo?

Yes, whoever made the screenshot decided to marry Eponine and Foleo, which gives the former a really Magic-heavy Class Set with the addition of the Rod Knight Tree via Marriage Seal.

Purely from an offensive point of view, I suppose it does make some sense that Basara is "superior" to Exorcist (whether or not the +5 HP and +5 Defense will actually matter is another story)

Most of the differences in class base stats isn't actually that important..I think.

Exorcist staff use is kind of important though, hmm.

I guess it's kind of funny, having to choose between staves, or better stats.

Oh and the part where Basara can use Shinrai Naginata where it counts

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Purely from an offensive point of view, I suppose it does make some sense that Basara is "superior" to Exorcist (whether or not the +5 HP and +5 Defense will actually matter is another story)

Most of the differences in class base stats isn't actually that important..I think.

Exorcist staff use is kind of important though, hmm.

I guess it's kind of funny, having to choose between staves, or better stats.

Oh and the part where Basara can use Shinrai Naginata where it counts

Basara also always get a Faire as a bonus. Spellcaster side gives them tome, Lancefighter gives them lances. Just kind of a neat side note.

On another note...maybe it's my own preferences, but does anyone else think Golden Kite Warriors are a bit of a derp?

I'll get the "numbers" in a second

Max Stat Comparison

Falco vs Golden Kite

Falco is superior in every way except in Skill, where Golden Kite has +3 Skill.

Falco has A Lances, B Staves, Golden Kite has A Bows, B Lances

Holy Bowman vs Golden Kite

Holy Bowman is superior in every way except Luck (Golden Kite has +4 Luck) and Res (Golden Kite has +3 Res)

Holy Bowman has S Bows, +10 Hit, +10 Crit, Golden Kite has A Bows, B Lances, and + 2 Move, as well as flying (but also flying weakness)

Falco has superior base stats, except in Luck (Tied) and Skill (Golden Kite has +3 Skill)

Holy Bowman has superior base stats, except in Luck (Golden Kite has +2) and Res (Golden Kite has +5)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

On another note...maybe it's my own preferences, but does anyone else think Golden Kite Warriors are a bit of a derp?

I'll get the "numbers" in a second

Max Stat Comparison

Falco vs Golden Kite

Falco is superior in every way except in Skill, where Golden Kite has +3 Skill.

Falco has A Lances, B Staves, Golden Kite has A Bows, B Lances

Holy Bowman vs Golden Kite

Holy Bowman is superior in every way except Luck (Golden Kite has +4 Luck) and Res (Golden Kite has +3 Res)

Holy Bowman has S Bows, +10 Hit, +10 Crit, Golden Kite has A Bows, B Lances, and + 2 Move, as well as flying (but also flying weakness)

Falco has superior base stats, except in Luck (Tied) and Skill (Golden Kite has +3 Skill)

Holy Bowman has superior base stats, except in Luck (Golden Kite has +2) and Res (Golden Kite has +5)

I have a giant excel sheet that ranks all the classes. Golden Kite has the worst rank overall. That includes stats, weapon, movement, weakness, and pair up into the calculation.

I have a giant excel sheet that ranks all the classes. Golden Kite has the worst rank overall. That includes stats, weapon, movement, weakness, and pair up into the calculation.

Hue, sounds very interesting. How exactly do you "rank" the classes anyway

I'd also like to hear any other information you may have on the sheet though, hoho

Hue, sounds very interesting. How exactly do you "rank" the classes anyway

I'd also like to hear any other information you may have on the sheet though, hoho

Basically what I did was weighted each stat, then used the unit's deviation from the average weighted total to find out the rank. I did the same for Pair ups since they rely on stats. Movement, Weakness, and Weapons were assigned a number based on the options available to the unit. I then took the unit's deviation to find out the rank in each class. I then weighted Maximums, Pair Ups, Movement, Weakness, and Weapons to obtain the total Rank. The nice part about this strategy is that technically anyone could mess with the weighted numbers or even the base numbers and get THEIR rank for classes rather easily(as I have it deal with changes automatically when someone changes a number).

tl:dr: I used statistics with guesstimation... and a lot of excel functions.

Edited by Psyruby

Sounds interesting, though eh. I suppose there are more hardworking people than I am, no matter how much stuff I do (which really isn't that much anyway)

What I did was very simple, though the flaw is very obvious. I have Rating (Sum of all stats) and E Rating (Sum of HP + SPD + Def + Strength/Magic, whichever is higher or the class is locked into).

The problem is that, sometimes HP contributes too much, other times, HP contributes too little

For example, the different in rating between 25 and 35 HP and 50 and 60 HP is the same, but 10HP is obviously more important for the 25 HP unit, but they have the same "weighting" in the rating. What can I say though...

Additionally, I suppose it makes sense of sorts, but some information, like say...averages...

The more data I have, the less "reliable" the information becomes. I don't even know if I can trust my averages now, how ironic

The Magic classes as a whole kind of got gimped, since off the top of my head, they either have crap HP/DEF or crap SPD

For a certain definition anyway. Which is one of the reasons why Basara>Exorcist. (Statistically speaking anyway..in practice it may not be)

One last thing is that, as it is "rather obvious" and what not, there is a "huge amount" of debate over which classes people should go to.

In the end, for PVP, with maxed Eternal Seals, it is theoretically just going to be a matter of caps, rather than growths and promotion bonuses (capping magic for the no growth characters seem to be impossible though, but it's not really that big of a deal)

Averages are more important for PVE I guess.....but eh.

(Since you can just buy Parallel seals from other castles at any time, I'm pretty sure of that)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy