Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like both have their advantages. I will probably be sending Kaze through both to see which I like better. Similarly to my previous question, how are Golden Kite Warriors? In all of the videos I've watched they have been great.

Their stats are low. They have little appeal as a promotion for Pegasus Knights, but can be a big mobility bonus for Archers. Takumi in particular is an extremely powerful fighter already so he doesn't need the improved combat abilities of being a Sniper as much.

So it looks like both have their advantages. I will probably be sending Kaze through both to see which I like better. Similarly to my previous question, how are Golden Kite Warriors? In all of the videos I've watched they have been great.

as mentioned, pretty bad overall. low growths, low caps, low base. only real benefit is extra archer and big movement for said archer. otherwise, Falcon Warrior has higher Def, Spd, Str, Res, Luc, HP....everything except Skl Lol. similarly, Holy Bowman only loses in Res and Luc. as for skills, they're somewhat niche, too

It might be useful for spending a level in to get even better Counter-flier capabilities (Soar). HP regen effects could also be nice, sealing how high-end healing staves are in short supply… some free & automatic healing that might move it into the territory of being healed by a weaker staff could be helpful to a team.

as mentioned, pretty bad overall. low growths, low caps, low base. only real benefit is extra archer and big movement for said archer. otherwise, Falcon Warrior has higher Def, Spd, Str, Res, Luc, HP....everything except Skl Lol. similarly, Holy Bowman only loses in Res and Luc. as for skills, they're somewhat niche, too

Yeah they seem pretty bad. However, they would only be useful in PvP for their high movement and ability to equip a Brave Bow. You'd want a Second Generation character with high modifiers to buff the low caps.

Okay, I need to speak about this, so I'll try to be as unbiased as possible(it won't work out that way). Golden Kite Warriors as in game units are great. They can deal with fliers, they have amazing range/movement, and access to bows which are good weapons this game.

HOWEVER, as PvP units they will probably be some of the worst in the game. Their stat caps are terrible, they have 2 weaknesses, their pair up bonuses are meh, the weapons available to them are only average at best, and they only have one niche, which is to kill fliers before they get the first strike(and Bow Knights come damn close to filling that hole most of the time). When I say to myself, "I'd rather use a Bow Knight." There is something wrong.

Edited by Psyruby

Okay, I need to speak about this, so I'll try to be as unbiased as possible(it won't work out that way). Golden Kite Warriors as in game units are great. They can deal with fliers, they have amazing range/movement, and access to bows which are good weapons this game.

HOWEVER, as PvP units they will probably be some of the worst in the game. Their stat caps are terrible, they have 2 weaknesses, their pair up bonuses are meh, the weapons available to them are only average at best, and they only have one niche, which is to kill fliers before they get the first strike.

Really? Would Dragon Knights or Falcon Knights be the better class for PvP?

I thought Kite Warriors would have a niche due to (potentially) having consecutive attacks at range, plus the ability to fly over obstacles.

Really? Would Dragon Knights or Falcon Knights be the better class for PvP?

I thought Kite Warriors would have a niche due to (potentially) having consecutive attacks at range, plus the ability to fly over obstacles.

Falcon Warrior statwise and pair up wise are superior almost strictly. They have the same movement, higher speed, and if you want a ranged attack, then just raise a mixed Falcon Warrior and give them Shiranui(the magic spear). The only thing the Golden Kite would have over them is 2 of 3 weapon in the triangle, but having staves is useful in its own right(especially in PvP where you only have 5 units to begin with). If you want something that kills fliers with high mobility, then just use a Bow Knight.

Wyvern Lords fill a much different role than Falcon/Golden Kites/Revenant Knights. They basically are mobile physical tanks They compete with Great Knights for this role, but those two options both have their ups and downs and there definitely isn't a clear cut answer. Revenant Knights... well... I don't like them statwise. They kind of are inferior to Dark Knights. Kind of like Bow Knight to Golden Kite, but you could argue they are more useful for flying and having more weapon triangle coverage.

Edited by Psyruby

You know, I'm honestly kinda miffed that the Great Lord class is female-only this time around. I mean...if/when Roy gets a compatible Amiibo, wasn't he a Great Lord? And what about Chrom? And any other male-Great Lord?

What about Hector and Ephraim?

Oh, okay. That aside, though, I now want to see screenshots of all the other special classes so my curiosty can be put to rest

Edited by Lord_Seliph

It is possible that Roy will be also a Great Lord but another version(a male one of course) with different skills.

I hope it comes with a neat skill at least.

he's totally going to get Skill Drain ^^

Skill Drain?

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Skill_Drain

Considering Lodestars get Speed Drain at level 35 and Vanguards get Strength Drain at the same level, the assumption of a hypothetical amiibo-unlocked Roy having Skill Drain isn't outlandish. Then again, we can't assume the Roy amiibo will even unlock anything without the game needing a patch (nothing was found in the vanilla game related to the Roy amiibo)--and since the whole amiibo line'll probably be dead and buried after the release of the final Smash Bros. series, we can't assume there'll even be a patch to make the Roy amiibo compatible...

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Skill_Drain

Considering Lodestars get Speed Drain at level 35 and Vanguards get Strength Drain at the same level, the assumption of a hypothetical amiibo-unlocked Roy having Skill Drain isn't outlandish. Then again, we can't assume the Roy amiibo will even unlock anything without the game needing a patch (nothing was found in the vanilla game related to the Roy amiibo)--and since the whole amiibo line'll probably be dead and buried after the release of the final Smash Bros. series, we can't assume there'll even be a patch to make the Roy amiibo compatible...

The game has already gotten one patch and the developers are continuing to support DLC for it. I don't think a patch to make it compatible with just one single amiibo would really be so much trouble for them.

I doubt that they'll kill the Smash line so quickly either; Smash Bros has a long shelf life and the amiibo are selling like hotcakes.

Edited by Zachmac

Lets be honest, with how much popularity FE has been having recently they would be crazy to not make a FE amiibo not compatible with it, especially since money is involved.

So it is almost safe to assume it will include content for Fates, and therefore it should include a neat class, neat skills, neat stats and the sweet sealed sword with fire animation.

I think its class will focus on Skill too so I also was thinking it would have Skill Drain, the thing i am kinda worried is that if it will come with a mastery skill(aka astra,aether,etc.) to use with.

Lets be honest, with how much popularity FE has been having recently they would be crazy to not make a FE amiibo not compatible with it, especially since money is involved.

So it is almost safe to assume it will include content for Fates, and therefore it should include a neat class, neat skills, neat stats and the sweet sealed sword with fire animation.

I think its class will focus on Skill too so I also was thinking it would have Skill Drain, the thing i am kinda worried is that if it will come with a mastery skill(aka astra,aether,etc.) to use with.

Well chances are that, given his "Sword on Fire" gimmick, if Amiibo Roy's Hypothetical Personal Class were to get a Proc Skill it'd probably share Ignis with Robin's Grandmaster...

Well chances are that, given his "Sword on Fire" gimmick, if Amiibo Roy's Hypothetical Personal Class were to get a Proc Skill it'd probably share Ignis with Robin's Grandmaster...

Ignis has little to do with Roy except its name. He'd need a lot of Mag for it to do anything, and it seems like they're keeping the iconic proc skills to the characters they have a history with.

Ignis has little to do with Roy except its name. He'd need a lot of Mag for it to do anything, and it seems like they're keeping the iconic proc skills to the characters they have a history with.

I hope its not ignis, but tbh it could be an option since in its game it had the same stats all around if i remember, Lucina has its ''own'' skill in the form of Awakening and also has Aether, i am also interested how they will name the class,.

And you guys are pushing too hard on the negative.

The Ignis suggestion was just a light comment on how the Fire motif of the Skill got more focus (to the point of overshadowing any trace of the Blossom one) in the transition from Awakening to Fates...

It really doesn't need to happen, but if it does I think it wouldn't hurt the Grandmaster's niches that much considering that the Class would still keep three other unique skills of its own: out of which, I find Rally Spectrum to be way more iconic of Robin than Ignis.

Sure, I agree Roy would need to start with some Magic to get any Bonus Damage, but let me state that to ask me to discard the possibility simply for the sake of sticking to "FE-only historical accuracy" (ignoring things like the small pokes Ike and Marth received to their Smash Selves in the [Adjective] Blade skills) is also akin to asking me to only expect for Roy to get generic stand-in skills to deal with the fact he came from a game with no Skill System or a lazy retread of the Mercenary Tree skills.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope I'm not necroposting...

I noticed something when I was browsing through the overworld sprite data the other day. It seems that Sorcerers have some sort of staff animation where they raise their arm up in the air, like what sages did in Awakening. Is this an unused animation? Sorcerers don't have access to staves...

I hope I'm not necroposting...

I noticed something when I was browsing through the overworld sprite data the other day. It seems that Sorcerers have some sort of staff animation where they raise their arm up in the air, like what sages did in Awakening. Is this an unused animation? Sorcerers don't have access to staves...

Macbeth (Lago) can use Staves.