Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

Just wait until we get Roy's amiibo class. I'm calling it now that it's going to be an S-Ranked sword-wielding class named "Master Lord" with Hero-esque traits, specializing in strength, speed, and defense (the closest analogy I can think of for Roy's protayal in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U). God help me if it shares animations with the Lodestar and Great Lord Classes.

Edited by Blue Sun

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What class should I change Mozume into to make her a good useable unit?

Holy Bowman tends to be the consensus on Nohr due to the lack of bows. As for Hoshido and IK, it depends. Takmui is really the only bow user you need for Hoshido and IK so I would just go Great Merchant/Weapon Master or just don't use her. You can go Holy Bowman if you are not using Takumi but the Fuugin Bow is just too good not to use.

Mozume is the type of unit that can do well as anything

People who advocate using her as a bow unit is mostly because she starts at Level 1, behind everyone else, and whether or not it's easier to baby a bow unit than a melee unit is debatable, but that's the "reason" provided.

If Mozume stays as a bow unit, she's basically a fast and strong unit that probably can 1RKO everything, so she'll roughly be about as good, possibly better than Takumi (Takumi hits harder, but he has "some" "problems" with doubling enemies, so Mozume does more damage overall. Against Generals, Great Knights, etc, with high(er) defense, Takumi will probably hit harder, but it may or may not matter)

Mozume can't counterattack as a bow user, which I find a bit eh, so I prefer to have her as a melee unit. I suppose the lower weapon might might mean that she can't get as many 1RKO's, but I'm not too entirely sure. Her stats are good overall so there's no real weak point, just that her strength and defense might be slightly unsatisfactory at times...but she's still above average...in the defense department at least, I think.

Averages in this game is kind of funny though...possibly. It also depends on what exactly you are taking an average of.

My averages are these:

40 HP, 29 STR/MAG, 26 SKL, 28 SPD, 23 LUK, 22 DEF, 20 RES

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Mozume is the type of unit that can do well as anything

People who advocate using her as a bow unit is mostly because she starts at Level 1, behind everyone else, and whether or not it's easier to baby a bow unit than a melee unit is debatable, but that's the "reason" provided.

For Nohr, my reasoning for reclassing her is as a Bowman she raises her weapon might by 2, gains triangle advantage over ninjas, deals effective damage to fliers (such as the ones in Chapter 10), and can learn Prescience at level 10, which, when combined with Underdog, alleviates any Attack Power problems she had before level 10. Since Villager and Bowman have the same base HP and DEF, you lose no bulk, so after Chapter 13 you can give her the Short Bow and she'll be doing more damage than she would be doing as a Villager with an Iron Lance.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a thing outta personal curiosity - I keep seeing some names for classes and stuff in English, but are those official names yet? I got a buncha notes and stuff, and well... I suppose I'd have to change all the names in it one day, but can I do it now, or should I wait?

There are only a few names that are official. Most of them are translations. Off the top of my head, Nohr Prince, Oni Savage, Samurai, Ninja, Maid, Great Knight, Outlaw, and Lancer are all confirmed. Most of the Nohrian classes that were in previous games should also retain their names.

• 1 month later...

Will Nishiki get Oni Savage from A+ Tsukuyomi?

same case with Tsubaki A+ Hinata, will Tsubaki get Oni Savage?

the wiki page for both of them saying they will get Oni Savage.. but I'm not sure...

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Nishiki

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Subaki

No... the Buddy Seal just lets them choose between Samurai classes (for Tsubaki) or Spellcaster classes (for Nishiki), essentially giving them nothing. Same with Azura after she buddies Hinoka, Hana after she buddies Sakura, Flannel after he buddies Arthur, etc.

No... the Buddy Seal just lets them choose between Samurai classes (for Tsubaki) or Spellcaster classes (for Nishiki), essentially giving them nothing. Same with Azura after she buddies Hinoka, Hana after she buddies Sakura, Flannel after he buddies Arthur, etc.

I see.. Thank you... they should edit their wiki page though >.<

more question, if I play as female Avatar with Samurai as secondary class and married Hinata, would I get Oni Savage from him? and what will he get? Nothing or Mercenary?

You would get nothing for Femui but I am pretty sure Hinata will get Merc.

Edited by Azz

On my second Hoshido run, I'm marrying (T)subaki as a +HP/-Def MU. I want to end as a revenant knight, but that can be fixed by buddying Crimson. So, I need a secondary class that will benefit (T)subaki and/or Matoi. Any suggestions?

They might want Lance Fighter for Lancefaire, Breaking Sky and Flamboyant access

Got it, thanks. Would Cordelia Matoi make a good War Priestess, or should I just keep her in the Pegasus Warrior line? She apparently gets War Priestess from Mitama via buddying.

Matoi is lucky enough that she can use the Child Seal to grab either a decent Bow rank or Staff rank right off the bat (assuming you wait to recruit her after Chapter 20) by promoting into Falcoknight or GKW. So she could definitely function as a War Priestess if you want. She just won't be as immediately effective as Mitama in the same class, who gets both weapon ranks and has higher MAG.

Matoi is lucky enough that she can use the Child Seal to grab either a decent Bow rank or Staff rank right off the bat (assuming you wait to recruit her after Chapter 20) by promoting into Falcoknight or GKW. So she could definitely function as a War Priestess if you want. She just won't be as immediately effective as Mitama in the same class, who gets both weapon ranks and has higher MAG.

Matoi has to marry Kisaragi to get Holy Bowman to get Bowfaire, but I was going to marry her to gaius Gurei for Copycat Puppet, so I guess she'll be more effective as a Lancefaire falcon knight (plus she gets a staff rank by promoting into it anyway). Thanks for your help.

Why are there so few classes for each game? And wtf is this Naruto Rebirth shit? Just entirely new irrelevant classes?

just for comparison... Path of Radiance had ~14 Tier 2 + ~3 (special classes). Conquest and Birthright both have ~14 exclusive +~2 special + 2-3 from the other route as well

and just because something made in Japan made in a setting based on Japan takes stuff from Japanese culture doesn't automatically make it a Naruto rehash or lazy/"irrelevant" remakes...

Edited by GoXDS