Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

Why are there so few classes for each game? And wtf is this Naruto Rebirth shit? Just entirely new irrelevant classes?

Most the new classes are the old classes renamed or revised (Samurai = Myrmidon, Diviner = Mage etc.) and you can access most of the classes from both sides in every version. In BIRTHRIGHT you can use all of the Hoshidan and Nohrian classes except for Dark Blood, Dark Mage and Wolfskin, and even reclass yourself to a Dark Mage to make that list shorter.

Edited by gayserbeam

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was looking through the Buddy Seal options, and does Jakob really get NOTHING from his A+ supports (Gunter and Silas)? He already has cavalier, and that's what they give him... I know he can get Archer from A+ Takumi, so is that his only decent buddy option?

Also what secondary class for FeMU would you recommend to help him out? Thanks!

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was looking through the Buddy Seal options, and does Jakob really get NOTHING from his A+ supports (Gunter and Silas)? He already has cavalier, and that's what they give him... I know he can get Archer from A+ Takumi, so is that his only decent buddy option?

Also what secondary class for FeMU would you recommend to help him out? Thanks!

Yes, Takumi is the only decent buddy for him. I think Ninja will help him if you want him to stay as Butler because you can give him Kunaifaire.

just for comparison... Path of Radiance had ~14 Tier 2 + ~3 (special classes). Conquest and Birthright both have ~14 exclusive +~2 special + 2-3 from the other route as well

and just because something made in Japan made in a setting based on Japan takes stuff from Japanese culture doesn't automatically make it a Naruto rehash or lazy/"irrelevant" remakes...

I guess I'm just surprised at how little criticism I see on this board for this game as a whole, knowing the fire emblem community lol. But maybe those people just steer clear of the forums for these newer games.

I guess for me, part of the attraction of new fire emblem games is seeing how the classes now look, or how their animation differs and whatnot. I remember getting PoR after playing the GBA for years and seeing the fully 3d classes I knew and loved was so cool, and thats kinda absent for this game with all these totally irrelevant classes. It'll probably still be a great game, its just a disappointment for me I guess.

Generally to me it seems fire emblem games are (were) rather conservative about the changes they make for each game, and now we just shot like wwwaaaayyyy out to left field with this one, a bit shocking.

Most the new classes are the old classes renamed or revised (Samurai = Myrmidon, Diviner = Mage etc.) and you can access most of the classes from both sides in every version. In BIRTHRIGHT you can use all of the Hoshidan and Nohrian classes except for Dark Blood, Dark Mage and Wolfskin, and even reclass yourself to a Dark Mage to make that list shorter.

So, no matter which game you get, you can get character for every class? I'm confused, then whats the point in listing them separately? Or is it like, endgame access?

I guess I'm just surprised at how little criticism I see on this board for this game as a whole, knowing the fire emblem community lol. But maybe those people just steer clear of the forums for these newer games.

I guess for me, part of the attraction of new fire emblem games is seeing how the classes now look, or how their animation differs and whatnot. I remember getting PoR after playing the GBA for years and seeing the fully 3d classes I knew and loved was so cool, and thats kinda absent for this game with all these totally irrelevant classes. It'll probably still be a great game, its just a disappointment for me I guess.

Generally to me it seems fire emblem games are (were) rather conservative about the changes they make for each game, and now we just shot like wwwaaaayyyy out to left field with this one, a bit shocking.

So, no matter which game you get, you can get character for every class? I'm confused, then whats the point in listing them separately? Or is it like, endgame access?

Only one character can get any class, and even then it's a matter of choosing one class to get.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

what is there exactly to criticize? again, what's wrong with using Japanese influences for a Japanese game?

"totally irrelevant" classes... most of these classes are basically the same as past classes unless you're going to tell me past games had irrelevant classes. what do you even mean by irrelevant. saying they're irrelevant also implies you can do without them, which means we're going to have an even smaller class pool which was the first thing you complained about

Fates did have some big changes but the only one I'd argue to be out of left field is new weapon triangle and only possibly durability. definitely not classes

You can't get certain classes in certain routes, so that's why they list them separately.

Hoshidan classes and Nohrian classes have different promotion / reclass music. In general, characters from Hoshido can only naturally (that is to say, before items and supports) access Hoshidan classes and Nohrian characters can only naturally access Nohrian classes. Put simply, they are separated because Hoshidan classes come from Hoshidans and Nohrian classes come from Nohrians.

Thing is, Nohrians like Felicia and Silas join you in Birthright, and Hoshidans like Kaze and Mozu join you in Conquest, so you always have access to classes from both sides. Couple this with the fact that some characters naturally have classes from both sides (like Laslow and Asyura), that Corrin can choose almost any class as their Secondary, and that you can capture enemy units, and you'll see that there is actually very little limitation on accessible classes, even early-mid game.

In Birthright, the only classes you can't access on a normal unit are Dark Blood, Wolfskin and Dark Mage, and the latter can be assigned to Corrin or be captured infinitely.

In Conquest, the only classes you can't acccess on a normal unit are White Blood, Kitsune, Oni Savage, Spear Fighter and Diviner, and the last three can all be assigned to Corrin or be captured infinitely.

Edited by gayserbeam

Got a few questions about ballisticians.

Do skills like defense seal, snake venom and in battle skills like raven strike have any effect when using a long range attack?

Also can the long range attack crit if it's done while having a bow equiped capable of critting?

And finaly, do additional effects certain weapons (like the stat lowering of Setsuna's Loose-bow or the rally resistance effect on the Pipa Yumi) have any effect?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by HyperBowser

I might have a few class paths planned out for a Revelation playthrough (using only each character's own classes; any extra skills may be added depending on who they marry):

Arthur: Fighter > Cavalier > Great Knight (for Luna + Diamond Strike) > Paladin (for Aegis) > Hero (final)

Charlotte: Fighter > Hero (for Sol) > Maid (for Tomebreaker, since her Resistance sucks eggs) > Berserker (final)

Silas: Cavalier > Mercenary > Hero (for Sol) > Great Knight (for Luna + Diamond Strike) > Paladin (for Aegis); I'm open on suggestions on having Silas end on either Great Knight or Paladin

Kaze/Saizo: Ninja > Samurai (for Vantage) > Swordmaster (for Astra + Swordfaire) > Master Ninja (final)

Oboro: Spear Fighter > Basara (for Breaking Sky) > Holy Lancer (final)

Hinoka: Sky Knight > Spear Fighter > Holy Lancer (for Lancefaire) > Falcon Warrior (final)

Suggestions? Feedback?

How good will Hayato(Tsukuyomi) be as a Shura, he has a balanced growth between Magic and Strength, compared to Orochi at least. I know he already has Basara but something about that class irks me.

Just asking if he is a good unit in that class

Just wondering, how good are sorcerers in this game? I heard that they got massively nerfed to the point of uselessness from awakening.

The class itself is alright, and it's the only class outside of DLC that can hit S tomes. However, Nosferatu is the only dark magic, and it can no longer double or crit or proc skills, so it's much less broken useful than in awakening. The real problem is that two Dark Mages that you get just aren't great units.

How good will Hayato(Tsukuyomi) be as a Shura, he has a balanced growth between Magic and Strength, compared to Orochi at least. I know he already has Basara but something about that class irks me.
Just asking if he is a good unit in that class

Shura is good for Hayato for the bulk, not really for the strength. Even if his strength grows, he'll still be stuck at E rank upon promotion, which is no bueno. Just stick to tomes for the most part.