ROM Hack and Fan Game Directory

ghast

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many chapters is green patch?

and is fegirls/ green patch finished or dead?

The green patch is definitely finished and has every chapter that sacred stones has with no route split, as both routes are now the one. (27 chapters plus the one gaiden)

Edited by Cerbuirus

Yeah, Green patch is complete and is also pretty amazing and good difficulty, too. Def a must play hack for fans of FE.

edit: if we're doing international patches, Will of Good and Evil should def be on here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?d6gbhr829hgrfac

This hack is over 10 years old (my file says April 17th 2005) and is a complete hack for FE8. Chinese.

Edited by Celice

WGE was like, the very first fully playable difficulty hack with custom animations, characters, etc made overseas. I still remember playing it for the first time, it felt badass at the time. Much lesser so now, but still lots of good fun to be had.

Edited by Klokinator

added the will of good and evil, I also added the language of the hack if it isn't English. I'm hoping I got them all right.

How many chapters is DoF in total?

I wouldn't call the FE4 inflation hack or Super Thracia dead. They're basically complete. The author(s) can always decide to go and add new content or polish existing content, but they are playable to the end and are different experiences from vanilla.

Fan games (Not hacks):

東方ちぇむぶれむ(eastchemblem)

Language: Japanese

A TouhouXFE3 doujin game.

HP:

http://chiyuudou.com/eastchemblem/chemblem.html

東方ちぇむぶれむ 星蓮船版 (eastchemblem seirensenban)

Language: Japanese

HP:

http://chiyuudou.com/eastchemblem/seirensen.html

FE2 Remake made by SRPGStudio

Language: Simplified Chinese

A fan game made by one of my friends, recommend:)

Test version 2.0: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgpEWDa

Add: The word HP isn't included in the link, while it means "homepage". (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ホームページ)(概要7)

Edited by MisakaMikoto

I think you forgot 7x for fan games:

FE7x: Immortal Sword (FEXNA), 7, Alive

(There's currently 4 chapter's of Uther's story playable, along with 3 rather extensive trial maps. I believe at least two more chapters of Uther's story have been completed, though I'm not part of the team, and don't know for certain.)

Chapter's completed doesn't really encapsulate how much work has gone into a project, but I understand the difficulty with trying out other metrics. A thread dedicated to rating, and possibly ranking projects would be nice. I'm sure none of us have the desire to degrade people's work unconstructively.

hell to the no~

people ask how long hacks are more than how high quality they are. and a ranking system would just lead to bad news and that's def not the angle I would ever go for :P

Edited by Ghatsu!

Yeah I agree with Ghast. You can objectively say this hack is X amount of chapter and this hack is Y amount of chapters, but it's hard to define a scale of "worth" that would keep everyone happy. Also if you're just starting out and someone put you a "Bad/Not Good" category, then that would be pretty discouraging, especially if you're new to hacking.

And to be honest, even listing the number of chapters can be a little incorrect, since Sacred Contention is 'technically' only 1 chapter, but you can play it from two sides and it has lots of replayability. Cedar's ragefest is 'technically' one chapter but it has like five 'parts' to it, etc.

Edited by Klokinator

The transitions in this conversation confuse me. It is good that the majority of people who come interested in these things will likely check out the threads, and hopefully the patches, themselves. I think I'm underestimating the time users will spend researching which patches/games to play.

hell to the no~

people ask how long hacks are more than how high quality they are. and a ranking system would just lead to bad news and that's def not the angle I would ever go for :P

Agreed. Too much work that only distorts the hacks, to be honest.

Just making an orderly resource for projects is enough.